The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old February 26th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital

Advertise here
Yupyup, look at how they're showing Hershel's leg. He's been in more scenes where his body below the waist is off screen. Can't exactly do the same thing to Rick's arm.

Since we're talking about comic book/TV correlations, I also doubt the governor's losing his arm. The way he lost his eye was well thought out, I must admit.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:03 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Ugh but I for one really want Rick to lose his arm. Not in a sadistic way, but his armless-ness really impacts him as a character - I mean he's missing an appendage for god's sakes! Maybe he could just wear a straight jacket so you never have to see his arm and to keep everyone safe from crazy Rick? Also, that was one part in the comic that really gave you a feel for how crazy and horrible The Governor is (I know what happened between him and Michonne was what really showed who he was, but first impressions are everything!) Speaking of Michonne, I wonder what will happen between her and The Governor? My thoughts on the comic events are that if they're going to happen, they'll be next episode. Everything seems set into place with the whole "adventure" that Rick, Michonne and Carl are partaking...

I doubt the governor will lose anything other than his eye. I think the whole Michonne torturing him scene was reformatted to their little fight for TV.
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Oh so Rick loses his arm in the comics? That would be interesting to see on the show.

As for the next episode I cannot wait to see this adventure because everyone is saying that it will be really good. I know the hate between Michonne and the Governor is strong and I cannot wait to see what heppens.

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:25 AM
A Shadow's Soul
Extra coated with nice hot syrup!
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Hey I made a new forum account so you mind changing my name from LMFAO. Word up. to Dark Leader Adam.

~ Shihoko Hirata feat. Lotus - Beauty of Destiny ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~ MyAnimeList ~

Old February 27th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

No problem Adam.

And god, how did the whole adventure thing slip my mind? I have a feeling the next episode will probably be the most intense one we've had in a while, everything just seems to be falling in place for a big climax.
Old February 27th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Fairy
loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
No problem Adam.

And god, how did the whole adventure thing slip my mind? I have a feeling the next episode will probably be the most intense one we've had in a while, everything just seems to be falling in place for a big climax.
It better be! I'm looking forward to seeing some real action going on. some real amputation action. >:D

Anyway! Topic of the week discussion!

I'm sorry but wtf Andrea? Totally blew her shot. I mean, I know it would destroy the entire arc if she killed him (not to mention they really have to milk it because after the Governor's arc in the comics we're not all that far from real civilization showing up :x) but still.. Girl should have pulled that knife.

Anyway, I've got some speculations here.. I still think Andrea's role in this whole thing and her turn from Woodbury to the Ricktatorship is going to depend on the Governor's actions -- not to Rick and the gang -- but in Woodbury and its citizens. She's already proven herself to be emotionally invested in them and has basically turned into the glue and morale of the town.. I think, the instant the Governor starts turning on his own people (as opposed to Rick), that's when we'll see Andrea go to the prison for real. As soon as the Governor destroys everything she has going for her in Woodbury, in which case the inevitability is evident by the militarization of the people, Andrea will find herself with no other choice. But I don't think that will stop her from trying to shoehorn Milton into joining her on the journey to the prison... making them an even bigger target with the addition of the Govenor's personal informant. ;)
Old February 27th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

On the topic of Milton, I actually wonder where his loyalties truly lay. I mean, I know he's with the Gov, and he sorta does owe so much to him. But Milton has that... I dunno how to say it, ignorant complex? It makes me feel bad seeing him align himself with the Governor when I feel like he's not sure himself if he likes Philip.

That being said, Milton's going to die soon. Definitely by the end of the season, if they don't finish the prison arc by then. Which it seems like they will.
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

I think that we could lose Milton as soon as this week considering that last week didn't give is a death, one would think that we could have some this episode and lets face it, Milton is definetly a character who will die this season. However, in this week's episode I am mostly looking forward to Michonne earning Rick's trust. He still has doubts about her and I want to see much more of her with this being the week she could prove her worth.

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

I'm really curious as to how they're going to use Tyreese in the show. His role is already radically different from what the comics had. Also, who are the people with him?
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

The girl is his younger sister I believe and the other 2 are random survivors. But yes I haven't read the comics, but from what I have heard is that he had a much bigger role as to where his role in the show seems to be being wasted at the moment.

Old February 27th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Zissou
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
The girl is his younger sister I believe and the other 2 are random survivors. But yes I haven't read the comics, but from what I have heard is that he had a much bigger role as to where his role in the show seems to be being wasted at the moment.
I see Tyreese in the comics as Darrel in the television show. In the books, Tyreese was Rick's right-hand man (plenty of room for puns). They fed off each other, fought with each other, and generally kept the group safe while keeping the tension high. They even established the iconic "You Kill, You Die" rule! Now Darrel fills that spot very well and I think Tyreese will have to be put in the backseat if him and his group are to stay in the show.

In a surprising note, Darrel is pretty great. I HATED him originally because he wasn't in the comic, but I've been eating all my initial words about him as his character has developed. He's exactly the type of departure the television show should be taking from the source material, if you ask me.

On topic, I think the next episode will surprise us all. There's seemingly few directions things can go (Governor wins/Rick wins/Nobody wins [my pick]), but whenever the viewers get comfortable big things tend to happen. I'm not saying that we're all comfortable, but Kirkman and crew do know how to make things interesting. For example, anyone who read the book was ticking down the minutes until Shane's demise long before Hershel's farm came into the picture. Shane outlived Dale!!! Things like that are what keep people who've read the books from abandoning the show, so I'm relatively confident that the big battle with the Governor won't go at all like it did in the books.

Spoiler:
On top of that, Lori is already dead, so there can't be a big, dramatic scene where she gets a large chunk of her middle (containing a baby) taken out.
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:31 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Huh. I never thought of Daryl as a replacement for Tyreese, but that's almost EXACTLY what he is! (except better of course!) Speaking of Tyreese... it'll be interesting to see what he and his group do. He and the girl were opposed to harming Rick and his people two episodes ago or so, yet now they're ready to hunt them down? I don't know, they seem like weird characters... or just really, really desperate.

And with Tyreese at his disposal, the Governor now has an entrance straight into the prison, and a guide to Rick and co. So THAT will be interesting. Especially if next episode has Rick, Michonne and Carl invading Woodbury as the Governor invades the prison...
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

I should really start reading the comics :( I feel like I should to have a better understanding.

As for Tyreese I think that he is a good guy and will fight for Rick, however, the 2 guys that are with him and his sister will not.

Old February 27th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Zissou
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I should really start reading the comics I feel like I should to have a better understanding.

As for Tyreese I think that he is a good guy and will fight for Rick, however, the 2 guys that are with him and his sister will not.
You should most definitely start reading the comics. They're just plain fantastic! I feel like the overarching story is told much better in print than it can ever be on television.

The first and second compendiums are both out now, so you can buy the books en-masse for a very reasonable price. On top of being able to read almost the whole story to date in one place, you'll also have two gigantic stacks of paper to use as a desk-weight! Win-Win!!!
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Something that has been on my mind is the person in the truck from two episodes ago. The one that released the walkers. Who do you guys think that was because I honestly cannot tell. This has just been bothering me a little bit. My best guess is that it was Karen(the girl that was on the fence, but idk).

Old February 28th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Fairy
loves you

Quote:
Something that has been on my mind is the person in the truck from two episodes ago. The one that released the walkers. Who do you guys think that was because I honestly cannot tell. This has just been bothering me a little bit. My best guess is that it was Karen(the girl that was on the fence, but idk).
You know, I wondered the same thing. I speculated for a while that it was actually Andrea. I mean, it's obviously not, but that's how I would break into the prison if I had to. Feign an attack and just disappear in the chaos. Then regorup with the gang later and help clean up the mess.
Of course, it was probably the Stig.
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Zissou
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
You know, I wondered the same thing. I speculated for a while that it was actually Andrea. I mean, it's obviously not, but that's how I would break into the prison if I had to. Feign an attack and just disappear in the chaos. Then regorup with the gang later and help clean up the mess.
Of course, it was probably the Stig.
Yup. He/She had a helmet, was a good driver, and very well could have been terrified of ducks. I'd give it a 90% chance.
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
You should most definitely start reading the comics. They're just plain fantastic! I feel like the overarching story is told much better in print than it can ever be on television.

The first and second compendiums are both out now, so you can buy the books en-masse for a very reasonable price. On top of being able to read almost the whole story to date in one place, you'll also have two gigantic stacks of paper to use as a desk-weight! Win-Win!!!
Or you can go to your local library! The first one's been out for a while, so you can probably get a copy of that one easy. I got it last Friday and read the entire thing in a day. It cost $60 by the way, in case you're interested. The second compendium was released last year, so it's a little harder to get, but it'll catch you up very close to the current releases. Or the latest anyway, I don't know if the comic's still ongoing.

Quote:
I was talking about that with Alexia! I remarked that it was most likely a woman, cause of the slim figure, but like Alexia said, it can't be Andrea. And I don't know any other woman sided with Woodbury.

My friends also mentioned that there was someone stalking the Ricktatorship. Back in that episode that started off with the deer cut in half to draw the walkers, they never showed the guy. I always assumed it was that prison dude with the shovel, but my friends told me it couldn't have been him. So I'm really confuzzled. :c
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:34 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
Yup. He/She had a helmet, was a good driver
Well then there is no possible way it was Lori :P even if she is dead but whatever

I remember that weird person stalking them in the prison! Also I feel like said stalker did something else to make their lives more difficult, but I can't remember. Hm.. did we see for a fact that all the prisoners died? Cuz I know that Rick locked one guy out of the prison, but I can't remember if we saw him die. (I also can't remember what episode we saw someone was stalking the prison)

Also, I doubt/wouldn't assume they're allied with Woodbury. Because if I remember correctly, the stalker person was waaay before Glenn and Maggie were captured. Are there any characters we've seen on the show before (however minor) that have loose ends?

Also, everyone should read the comics. Just saying. :D
(Oh and kind of unrelated, but I had to do a practice essay on a character who earns the respect of their community, and I went with Rick :D)
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

That's the prisoner dude I was talking about. Axel's fellow prisoner took him out, I forgot his name. So yeah, he's dead. And I can't recall anyone else. :c

Good person to pick. ;D I have a thesis coming up "What is the correlation between death and character development" and I'm so going to use Rick and the entire Walking Dead story line in general for it. :3
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Also we never saw this truck driver leave the prison right? So she could still be there?

Old February 28th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

If I recall correctly, no. Wow, that actually never crossed my mind.

You think they're actually going to expand on it, though? It wasn't made so obvious.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Zissou
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
If I recall correctly, no. Wow, that actually never crossed my mind.

You think they're actually going to expand on it, though? It wasn't made so obvious.
Personally, I think they will. I don't remember seeing the driver leave the compound when the rest of the Governor's forces retreated, so said person could easily have found their own way in the same way Tyreese and company did through the burned out portion of the building. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a two-front prison attack; one force outside and one from within.

As for the compendium, buying both in paperback from Amazon will cost around $60 total (free shipping applies to anywhere in the US). I don't know about most local libraries around the country, but the few within driving distance of Alexial and me don't have any comics, let along something as large and costly as the TWD compendium. We've got a small DVD/CD section and, although the library has some pretty great funding, they haven't seen any type of update in over a year. If you do have a library with TWD trades or any other relevant comics, I'd count yourself as very lucky!

Also, the comic series is very much ongoing. If I'm not mistaken, Kirkman has been quoted as saying that he'll keep writing it until nobody is willing to read it. We're very likely to see Rick and company die, be replaced, and then see their replacements killed as well. The series is currently on issue 107 and there are many more to come! If they can get away with it I'd love to see the television show made in time with the books after a while. There are only 12 comics a year and each episode of the show covers the content of about 2 books. Eventually the book will have to speed up or the show slow down if they're to keep making both until some sort of actual conclusion.

Sorry to bring things so far off-topic! As for that...

Andrea, no matter who she sides with in the end, is going to have some serious explaining to do! Can you imagine being in her shoes for that? It'll be either, "Sorry, Mr. Governor, sir!" or, "Sorry, Mr. Rictator, sir!". If I were her I'd probably just make peace with Michonne and be on my way after the war. They worked so well together and seemed to have found some real happiness and comfort with each other. I know Andrea has become very attached to Woodbury's less crazy residents, but they're either all going to die by their own leader's hand or they're going to be cast back out into the wild, wild world. It'll be a tough choice to make, but I really do think Andrea will find more purpose and have a better chance at survival if she just takes off with Michonne and lives happily ever after.

Last edited by Zissou; February 28th, 2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Got way off topic.
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nah, you can discuss the comic! I have to edit the first post, but anything Walking Dead related is permissible. So no worries!

Well, the citizens of Woodbury are almost definitely going to be sent to the prison as an army, like in the comics. And that way, a lot will die. That's what I foresee, anyway.
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Guildmaster Wigglytuff
...Whatever
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Heey.

Username: Delta
Favorite Character and why: It WAS Dale, because he was always the wise one of the group, and was the main moral support, but since his death, I'd say Daryl, because he's the most loveable of the group.
Quiz Result: I got Dale, because apparently I'm "stalwart, wise, and clearheaded", which I would say is true. Actually, now that I look at it, I match Dale's description perfectly.

VM | PM | MAL
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here