The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:16 PM
Xilfer
◄ The Constant Variable ►
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xilfer
I added the sand because he's supposed to be rising up from the ground. I cut it from Hippowdon's sprite and made it smaller to fit Riolu. I could remove it, I suppose.
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Nature: Sassy
You really don't need the sand, honestly.
Also, I honestly couldn't see any of the Fighting type in that Snorlax. I'd definitely take another look at it. The flames look very odd too frankly.
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:59 PM
IceyPinkLemons

Nature: Lonely
Here's Slabbit. Slash/rabbit, dark type Buneary. On to Lopunny~ I tried to match as much as I could in regards to way the images have looked so far. Like I said, you may have to edit the background. I'm working on paint here people, haha.

EDIT: I missed two white squares. Fixed that.

Slabbit.PNG

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyPinkLemons View Post
Here's Slabbit. Slash/rabbit, dark type Buneary. On to Lopunny~ I tried to match as much as I could in regards to way the images have looked so far. Like I said, you may have to edit the background. I'm working on paint here people, haha.

EDIT: I missed two white squares. Fixed that.

Attachment 67515
Alright luckily the format was super easy to fix for this one. Any chance of getting a backsprite for this?
Also let's actually cut back on the number of Fire AND Dark types after this! We have lots of them and not much else! And I know I'm contributing to that problem! But what's interesting about that is DEAL WIT IT
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
IceyPinkLemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whiscash View Post
Alright luckily the format was super easy to fix for this one. Any chance of getting a backsprite for this?
Yeah, possibly later tonight. And then on to Lopunny's front sprite.

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:29 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Quote:
Yeah, possibly later tonight. And then on to Lopunny's front sprite.

Here's the working game-usable palette.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Okay so here is my ice type version of elekid, (electivire will eventually be ice/fighting)

(It looks better without the background)
I hope the backsprite is okay, even though I was just editing it I've never done one before.

Oh yeah I'd also like to reserve the rest of the family!
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
Okay so here is my ice type version of elekid, (electivire will eventually be ice/fighting)

(It looks better without the background)
I hope the backsprite is okay, even though I was just editing it I've never done one before.

Oh yeah I'd also like to reserve the rest of the family!
That is the best kind of hilarious! You've got the line my friend!
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:30 PM
Xilfer

Sorry about the Dark typing, dude, but I couldn't see it any other way. Anyway, after this, I've found that changing typing is sort of fun, so I might do Eevee, Vaporeon, and Flareon after this.

I took away the sand and finished Lucario, so without further ado, here is the funeral duo.

I personally feel that something's missing from Lucario, but I'm too lazy to change it anymore, so you'll have to make do with this. In all fairness, it is pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:41 PM
IceyPinkLemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilfer123 View Post
Sorry about the Dark typing, dude, but I couldn't see it any other way. Anyway, after this, I've found that changing typing is sort of fun, so I might do Eevee, Vaporeon, and Flareon after this.

I took away the sand and finished Lucario, so without further ado, here is the funeral duo.

I personally feel that something's missing from Lucario, but I'm too lazy to change it anymore, so you'll have to make do with this. In all fairness, it is pretty good, if I do say so myself.
I'd be happy to touch those up for you if you're not going to continue work on them. I can see some major issues and not enough changes to the main sprites.

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:51 PM
Xilfer

Quote:
I'd be happy to touch those up for you if you're not going to continue work on them. I can see some major issues and not enough changes to the main sprites.
Well, like I said, it's the first time I've attempted this, but since I won't continue on them, feel free. Just out of curiosity, what issues do you see? And I wasn't planning to make too many changes to the main sprites in the first place, because I wanted them to look like Anubis and have some Egyptian-style traits, and I didn't need to tweak it around too much to accomplish this.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:51 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Agreed on the issues. I love the eyes and the idea, but the stripes are too blatant and out of place.

Also, I'm reserving, for myself, Normal type Pachirisu. Let's make it blander! :D

e: it's done lol

Pachirisu eats, so why pull out any of the stops for it?

Last edited by Mr. Whiscash; March 1st, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:01 PM
IceyPinkLemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilfer123 View Post
Well, like I said, it's the first time I've attempted this, but since I won't continue on them, feel free. Just out of curiosity, what issues do you see? And I wasn't planning to make too many changes to the main sprites in the first place, because I wanted them to look like Anubis and have some Egyptian-style traits, and I didn't need to tweak it around too much to accomplish this.
For one, the yellow didn't have a second color, so there was no shading accomplished. I understood the theme, I just didn't feel like you executed it. A lot of Egyptian art has blue involved in it, so I plan on integrating that more, and making the ear things look more like a head dress than what they are now. Maybe add an eye theme to make it look more Egyptian, like where you covered up the spikes with red spots.

@ Mr. Whiscash - Huzzah. A brown squirrel? xp

Old March 1st, 2013, 05:03 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Quote:
@ Mr. Whiscash - Huzzah. A brown squirrel? xp
Exactly! Who gives a hoot, it's Pachirisu!
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM
IceyPinkLemons

Slabbit back.PNG

Here's the backsprite for Slabbit. Plurgh.

Old March 1st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

PSA: the dark buneary's really cool but how about after that line NO DARK OR FIRE TYPES FOR A BIT K? also grass maybe

Looking at Pokemon by type lined up for production so far (including all family members), we have
10 Fire types from 4 Families vs 11 Total in the vanilladex
7 Dark types from 4 Families vs 8 Total in the vanilladex
6 Poison types from 4 Families
9 Grass types from 3 Families vs 15 Total in the vanilladex
7 Ice types from 3 Families
5 (Potentially 6) Fighting types from 4 (Potentially 4) Families
5 Normal types from 3 Families
5 Water types from 2 Families
3 Ground types from 2 Families
2 Electric types from 2 Families
1 Dragon type from 1 Family
1 Steel type from 1 Family
0 Flying Types
0 Rock Types
0 Bug Types
0 Psychic Types
0 Ghost Types

Les give some other types some love.

obvious exceptions are the sprites that aren't done yet like Lopunny and Snorlax or if you want to help me figure out how to make haunter a fire type because THIS GHOST AIN'T WORKIN WITH ME

Last edited by Mr. Whiscash; March 1st, 2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM
Sage Ghetsis
Necrum

Nature: Adamant
I feel like the Bug type is gonna be the hardest to find good Pokemon to retype into.

Gonna try to work on those gems on Tentacool's head now. Hopefully I can pull it off, otherwise I may need to get someone's assistance who has more experience, but I'm gonna try my danged-est!
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:10 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I feel like the Bug type is gonna be the hardest to find good Pokemon to retype into.

Gonna try to work on those gems on Tentacool's head now. Hopefully I can pull it off, otherwise I may need to get someone's assistance who has more experience, but I'm gonna try my danged-est!
The best things I can think of for a Bug Re-type would be Finneon and Lumineon, we could probably keep the Wurmple lines half bug still, and anyone who thinks Yanmega isn't going to end up as a Bug/Dragon is hopefully sorely mistaken (BY WHICH I MEAN SOMEONE SHOULD TOTALLY DO THIS). Also since it was Physically Aligned one of the Eeveelutions needs to be Bug type to fit the theme established by Poison Flareon.
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:13 PM
Sage Ghetsis
Necrum

Nature: Adamant
I actually had Bug Psychic in mind for Yanma line. I have an idea all planned out in my head, but if someone does the bug dragon thing first I won't mind none.
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:20 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I actually had Bug Psychic in mind for Yanma line. I have an idea all planned out in my head, but if someone does the bug dragon thing first I won't mind none.
This is good too! If you have an idea go with it!
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:22 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

I think Girafarig would make a great candidate for Psychic/Ghost, and Noctowl would be perfect for Psychic/Flying. And tangela could be a bug-type, with the vines being worms... :3
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:15 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
I think I'd like to give this a shot, can I reserve Duskull and possibly its evolutions? I actually have a pretty cool idea for it to be a Bug type with its evos being Bug/Fighting. I also got an idea for a Ghost type Ponyta but I'll stick with Duskull for now.

Also a quick question, out of curiousity, in your hack would the pokemon's moves and such be edited to reflect their type changes?
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
My Fakemon Dex
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:26 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by James901 View Post
I think I'd like to give this a shot, can I reserve Duskull and possibly its evolutions? I actually have a pretty cool idea for it to be a Bug type with its evos being Bug/Fighting. I also got an idea for a Ghost type Ponyta but I'll stick with Duskull for now.

Also a quick question, out of curiousity, in your hack would the pokemon's moves and such be edited to reflect their type changes?
Sounds good to me! And yes, the movepools will be edited to reflect the new types, though some will have very few changes because seriously gastly why do you learn only dark moves.
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:51 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Here's Duskull!

There may be some problems cause I'm not all that great of a spriter but I think it turned out pretty nice and I had some fun editing it.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
My Fakemon Dex

Last edited by James901; March 1st, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:52 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

It looks fine but... I can't really tell what 'it' is. Lol iunno it's pretty cool though.
e: Okay I actually decided to look more and you didn't follow the instructions did you? There seems to be a lot of 'this isn't the right background color and therefor you can infer that the instructions weren't followed' involved here. I love the concept more the more I look at it but I couldn't convert it to a usable state without a gross loss of color information, as follows:

Still, I'd love to see more from you. A friend who I consulted on the subject says that you could do a really good Eldritch Horror theme with this line. This Duskull screams Dark/Bug, and I know I said ease up on the dark types but hear me out. The Lucario line would honestly work very well as a Ground/Psychic line, since Anubis is a benevolent god of death and therefore the dark type wouldn't be all too fitting, since it's basically the 'Evil' type in Japanese. I want to take this Duskull thing to the logical extreme of how horrifying this bug could be.

Last edited by Mr. Whiscash; March 1st, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links