The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: B/W or B2/W2?
Black and White 9 20.45%
Black 2 and White 2 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Forever

The ultimate showdown! Let's say you're at a war - and you're either on B/W's side, or B2/W2's side. Your choice can depend on Pokemon available, the storyline, features, and so on. Which do you prefer and will side with in the war? Feel free to explain why in this thread!

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Heartouch
Count the stars between us

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
I'll prefer Black 2 and White 2 because of the accessible Xtransceiver, over 300 Pokemon in the Unova Dex, and Black and White Kyurem.
Old February 26th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Hikamaru
→ étoile brillante

Nature: Quirky
Oh god I was so tossed up in this, I did love Black and White for its epic story, but then Black 2 and White 2's features and expanded Pokedex was awesome too. Both were such great games and I'm glad to have gotten the chance to play both, otherwise I would not be posting this.

I did admittedly end up voting B2/W2 in the end, cos the features were too awesome but I do love B/W as well, cos of the story. (No offense Nica, I really do love both)

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old February 26th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
Personally I side with B2/W2. While Black and White were amazing and have an amazing story, I prefer the feature in Black 2 and White 2 more. One thing I love the most about B2W2 is the expanded Pokedex cause it has a lot of my older gen favorites like Ampharos, Lucario, Umbreon, and Arcanine. Plus it has Pokestar Studio and the PWT which are both really fun and addicting. Those are somethings I wouldn't want to miss out on!

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Silver Crow
Burst Linker

Nature: Adamant
I voted B/W as they were the first Gen V games so I felt more excited playing them. There was the excitement of the Gen 5 Pokémon and a really great story. White 2 is just as epic but I just had to go with the first Gen 5 games.
Old February 26th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
Despite every good thing in B2W2, the hidden hollows, pokestudios, PWT, and the pokemon available.
I still like BW better, if it weren't for BW, I wouldn't enjoy B2W2.
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Student D1
De-Wott?

Location: It's where the sun rises, but it's smaller than Japan.
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Student D1
I'm a bit struggling here; Both B/W and B2/W2 are great games for me. For instance, B/W has introduced to us many new Pokémon that live in the region of Unova, and it has a great story to start with. I remember feeling a bit sad at the ending part of the story in B/W; how N said his farewell made me emotional for a while.

Whereas in B2/W2, they contain lots of new features and improvements. There are also Pokémon, that originated from different regions, to catch and fill data for the Pokédex. The introduction of the PWT and the Pokéstar Studios appealed to me. And the collecting of Medals really made me obsessed to get them all if I can.

So, I think I'll be going with the B2/W2 side. I really like B/W, but I think B2/W2 is better overall.

Profile | PM | Intro Thread | PokéSpe | White 2 FC
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Griffinbane
FEAR THE PILOSWINE

Nature: Lax
B2W2, no doubt. With Join Avenue, PWT and better pokemon selection in the beginning of the game, there's lots more to do postgame and the beginning isn't a terrible grindfest. I could do without the friendship evolutions though. Riolu and Azurill is awesome... after they evolve.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:31 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I actually really like them both in their own unique way. I kind of like BW's exclusivity to Unova Pokemon and the simplicity, but I like the different Pokemon available and the features in BW2, also. I didn't like either storyline, though.

But, I'd have to go with Black and White 2 just because it offers so much more than any game before.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old February 26th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Sage Ghetsis
Necrum Warrior

Nature: Adamant
I felt that BW2 was a vast improvement over BW1, not just from a gameplay standpoint, but also in story, and on top of that it has a much better post game than BW's abysmal offerings that don't even get you close to challenging Alder.
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

Nature: Quiet
Just like I've felt in the past about the newer versions of the first two, Black 2/White 2 are the ones that I prefer. With a larger map, more Pokemon available early on, new features like Hidden Grottoes, the PWT, Pokestar Studios and Join Avenue, BW2 was a lot more exciting to play overall.

Old February 27th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I really love the variation of the two games... its just too hard to decide. My favorite Pokemon appear on both games that rules out Pokemon exclusives (Purrloin, Patrat, Mienfoo, Oshawott, Snivy).... I guess Its even for me. I'll stick with Black2/White2 for the covers of the box art.

I do own White and Black2. Without both I couldn't decide.
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:52 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

This is a difficult decision. B2W2 was awesome because of all the remixed music, the new features, and the awesome new locations. What it had in extras, I think it lacked in story. BW had a rich plot in my opinion, and while B2W2 expanded on that it just doesn't compare, really. Also, BW were the first ones, bringing all the awesome Unova pokemon, and I kind of liked just having Unova pokemon. Made it seem more.... uniform? Either way, I'm voting Black/White on this one!
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Arc
μ's

Nature: Bashful
Erm.. This is indeed a hard decision to pick. Even though I did more runs on the original BW, I do believe I enjoyed B2W2 more. Its just there was so much more features (e.g, PWT, more sidequests, etc) that made B2W2 more "complete", than its predecessor.

"Verdure" once, but "Arc" now
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
From Hell To The Stars

Nature: Quiet
BW for me since I enjoyed none of the older Pokemon being in the main storyline thus allowing me to try my hand at making entirely new and potentially more dangerous teams. That and the MCs don't look like spoiled little rich kids who look like they're gonna get kidnapped at Seaworld or something lol.
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

I think B2W2 is a better game, because it has more content, but BW are more enjoyable to play through, because the story is more fast paced. The huge turn you have to do to reach Opelucid City from Mistralton City in B2W2 is painful, because you pass through many useless places just to get to Opelucid, and the only point relevant to the story is the old lady in Lacunosa Town who tells you the Kyurem folktale. I haven't reached Ghetsis yet but I'm also disappointed with how little info on Kyurem there is.

Also, playing B2W2 shortly after BW is quite boring because from Castelia to Mistralton the story is basically the same as BW, although I liked the new areas like Castelia Sewers and the Join Avenue.

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:42 PM
d00bt00b
Genxo

BW did have much, much better storylines, but the larger amount of Pokemon available before elite four in B2W2 was a huge plus.
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I honestly was somewhat disappointed by Black and White when they came out. i really disliked the unability to catch ANY of the older Pokemon, the storyline was alright i guess, but i had the feeling the game was aimed at a young audience that were new to Pokemon Games...what i really liked though was the twist after the Elite 4 and the final showdown with N! B2/W2 on the other hand were awesome!!
I loved the regional dex, so many pokemon from so many different regions, the storyline was good i think, and i really liked the new additions, like join avenue. I think B2/W2 are one of the best pokemon games out there

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Sirjosh50
Legendary Catcher

Nature: Jolly
Black and White 2 because even though black and white were the introduction to Gen V.The habitat list was heaven in Black 2 because I had struggled without it for so long.

Last edited by Sirjosh50; March 15th, 2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:28 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like the expanded storyline of B2/W2, hence that game over the original B/W.

Old March 16th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Correspondence

Even though the beginning of BW was awesome, the story near the ending was meh and postgame was just boring and a lot of the plot seemed to be forced on you.But in B2W2 the story was pretty well-rounded and exciting with a lot of things to do post game too.So, my vote goes to B2W2.
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:42 PM
๖ۣۜFelix Felics™
Unhatched Egg

i picked bw2 because we can pick older gens pokemon
(remember starmie with thunderbolt surf and psychic)
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
I voted for B/W.

The fresh feeling of a whole new region with new Pokemon I've never seen was just so exciting and different, and the storyline in the game was the absolute best of any Pokemon game, with its underlying depth. B2/W2 was awesome and gave a lot to do, but the feeling isn't the same as it was with B/W.

Old March 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Pyromaniac45

While I really enjoyed Black/White, because of the entirely new region, and all new Pokemon until the after the Elite Four, I'm still playing my Black 2, and that has to count for something.

also, Black Tower.
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Arlo

I honestly think that Black and White are the better games, all in all. I loved the all-new pokedex and the games are very well paced - the progress through both the dex and the story works just right so that the entire thing is very satisfying.
Black 2 and White 2 have more content and more pokemon in the regional dex, but much of the added content and added pokemon, as well as what little there is of a main story, all feel like they were just sort of crammed in whatever space they might sort of fit, and the result, for me, just isn't quite as satisfying.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links