Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:52 PM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Wow! Nice family you got there! Keep up the good work, Eevee breeder! :D

Never stop breedin'!

Rozu.
Old June 5th, 2013, 04:11 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
I can't begin to explain how much I love this thread. So many interesting stories! To me this is what Pokemon is all about!

April 27, 2013

First thing in the morning, I decided to check out the Hidden Grotto on Route 7, and what do you know, another Zangoose with the ability Toxic Boost was in there! I caught it, and then went back to the Mistralton Pokémon Center.

Time to start a new rotation of Pokémon for training, and also time to explore new areas! I had Shuckle, Vespiquen, Vaporeon, and Dunsparce transferred to me. Then, together with Grimer and me, we went to meet Skyla, who was waiting to fly us over Twist Mountain to the eastern parts of Unova. Professor Juniper and Bianca were there too. We boarded Skyla plane, and then set off for our adventure.

Bianca said she wanted to do some research in the Reversal Mountain. It’s a volcanic area that she said has a lot of similar traits to Stark Mountain in the far off Sinnoh region. Stark Mountain was a location I never got to see when I was traveling there a few years back. I wonder what the significance of them being similar is? Professor Juniper said that Team Plasma seem to be up to their old tricks again, and want to use the legendary Dragon Pokémon to further their own evil desires. But since I was able to catch Reshiram and Zekrom over a year ago, she’s not sure how they intend to pull it off. She wants to speak to Drayden in Opelucid City to see if he has any insight on this development. As for myself, Juniper suggested I head towards Undella Town, to catch any Pokémon that can only be found in during the cold seasons in Unova.

Eventually we landed in a small town that was set up among the cliffs of a desolate, mountainous area. This was Lentimas Town. We all stopped in the Pokémon Center briefly, then Professor Juniper, Bianca, and I went our separate ways.

Ugh, great, another area covered by a constant Sandstorm. Thankfully, I have Shuckle with me, and it will be unaffected by it. I found a few trainers to battle outside the town, and then explored the area a bit. The first Pokémon I saw was a wild Camerupt! Wow, that’s a fully evolved Pokémon that I haven’t seen since I was in Hoenn!

“Camerupt, the Eruption Pokémon. Camerupt have volcanoes on their backs. These volcanoes have a major eruption every 10 years, or if they become really angry. If magma builds up in their bodies, they can also erupt violently.”

It attacked us with repeated, strong Earth Power attacks, so we didn’t stick around long. I wonder if there are any Numel around? After a little more searching, I did discover one.

“Numel, the Numb Pokémon. Numel have humped backs that store intensely hot magma. This magma reaches 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit. In the rain, the magma cools, slowing their movement. Their humps get smaller when they use fire-type moves.”

Nearby was a small, familiar bug Pokémon. Wow, wild Skorupi! I think I remember them only being found in Safari Zones in other regions.

“Skorupi, the Scorpion Pokémon. Skorupi live in arid regions and can go without food for a year while waiting for prey. As soon as the tail claws close, its needle tips secrete poison.”

I definitely want to catch one. After wandering a bit, and also discovered some wild Drifblim in the area! There’s such an interesting array of Pokémon here. And it’s also interesting that I have yet to see any Unova-exclusive Pokémon in this arid land.

I then found a Skorupi that my Vespiquen battled, and I caught it with ease! I was very happy to see that it had the ability Sniper; it’s so much more useful than Battle Armor. With Skorupi, I now have six Pokémon with me. Though I’m sure there are more Pokémon to discover, I decided it would be in my best interest to push forward to try to cross Reversal Mountain so I can get to Undella Town. Besides… I’d really love to get out of this sandstorm! So I made a quick stop at the Pokémon Center, had my Skorupi meet the rest of its new teammates, and then went back towards the mountain caves.

230. Skorupi

I went inside Reversal Mountain, and immediately saw a wild Numel! It knocked out my Skorupi with Lava Plume. I decided this might be a good opportunity to catch it. I sent out Vaporeon to battle it, and after a few tries, I caught it in a Poké Ball.

231. Numel

Since I already have six Pokémon with me, Numel will have to wait until I rotate my Pokémon. Since it’s a beautiful day outside, I decided to leave all my Pokémon with Nurse Joy, and return to my home to enjoy a beautiful spring day after a very very long, cold winter.

That evening, I returned to Reversal Mountain. I ran into Bianca, who said she was looking for a legendary Pokémon called Heatran! I’ve heard of Heatran in the Sinnoh region. Heatran like to live in deep, volcanic areas… like this one! Now I see why Reversal Mountain is like Stark Mountain from Sinnoh. Bianca and I explored the caves together. We battled plenty of wild Pokémon and high-level trainers, and her Musharna was a huge help. We reached the deepest part of the volcano, but we were unable to find Heatran. Some of the people we met in the cave had heard some of the legends, too, and they mentioned something about possibly needing a Magma Stone to make it appear.

Bianca traveled with me the rest of the way, and there were some more powerful trainers to challenge. Several used Pokémon I have not seen in Unova yet! First there was a Pokémon Ranger who used an Arcanine.

“Arcanine, the Legendary Pokémon, and the evolved form of Growlithe. Arcanine have a proud and regal appearance. The sight of them running over 6,200 miles in a single day and night has captivated may people.”

Not long after that, in a double battle with two Ace Trainers, one had a Vibrava and the other had a Grumpig!

“Vibrava, the Vibration Pokémon, and the evolved form of Trapinch. Vibrava violently shudder their wings, rubbing them together to generate ultrasonic waves. These waves induce headaches in people.”

“Grumpig, the Manipulate Pokémon. Grumpig use black pearls to amplify their psychic powers. They do a strange dance to gain control over the mind of their foes.”

We finally reached the exit, and finally arrived at Undella Town. Exhausted from our very long journey through Reversal Mountain, and being just after midnight, we hurried to the Pokémon Center to get some rest.

April 28, 2013

First thing in the morning, Bianca said she was returning to Reversal Mountain to see what else she could learn about Heatran. I, on the other hand, gathered my Poké Balls from Nurse Joy, and explored Undella Town a bit. It was a small seaside town, and was surrounded by a large beach. Still being cold in Unova, there were not many people around yet. But I imagine during the warmer months there are plenty of people around lying on the beach and playing in Undella Bay. And speaking of Undella Bay, that’s my next destination!

So later that day I explored Undella Bay. I found several Remoraid swimming along the current just off the bay!

“Remoraid, the Jet Pokémon. Remoraid forcefully squirt water. This water jet shoots from their mouths and can hit moving prey from more than 300 feet away.”

Apparently Remoraid can be found year round in the bay, so that’s not what I’m after. After a little searching, I found the Pokémon I was looking for! Spheal are only found in the cold months, so I was happy to finally catch one!

“Spheal, the Clap Pokémon. Spheal move much faster by rolling rather than swimming. They roll across ice floes to reach shore because their bodies are poorly shaped for swimming. When they’re happy, they clap fins.”

232. Spheal

And now, it’s time for a long break from training. I do want to complete my goals, but I need to focus on some other things for a while.

May 24, 2013

Time to get back to it! I did some training with Skorupi, Dunsparce, Vaporeon, Vespiquen, and Shuckle outside of Lentimas Town. And I forgot how long it’s been since I visited the Dream World… well over a month!

Dream World 2: Pinsir, gained a level. Found: Pidove that knows the move Morning Sun.

And now to rotate my Pokémon. I sent the five Pokémon I just mentioned to Professor Juniper, and had her send me Ampharos, Carnivine, Jigglypuff, and Castform. I decided I was way overdue for catching a new Pokémon. So I searched around outside of Reversal Mountain, and found a Skarmory! I had Ampharos use a few Take Down attacks to weaken it, and then I threw a Poké Ball, and caught it!

233. Skarmory

May 25, 2013

Dream World: Beartic. Found: nothing new; a female Diglett with the ability Sand Force.

May 26, 2013

Dream World 2: Buizel, gained a level. Found: Stunfisk that can use the move Yawn.

May 27, 2013

Dream World: Cryogonal. Found: Cleffa that knows Sleep Talk; Croagunk that knows Drain Punch. I’ve had good luck in the Dream World today, since finding Cleffa means I’ve found at least one of every Pokémon in the Icy Cave! So that means that I won’t need to have any ice, steel, rock, ground, or dragon-types put to sleep. There are only 9 non-Unova Pokémon left for me to find in the Dream World!

I also finished training the current team around Driftveil City, and transferred the five Pokémon to storage. Grimer and I just relaxed on for the remainder of the Memorial Day holiday.

May 28, 2013

I had the next five Pokémon sent to me for some training: Clefairy, Golduck, Nosepass, Roselia, and my more recently caught Numel.

June 3, 2013

I did some training with my Pokémon on Route 6. In the Hidden Hallow on the south end of the route, I found a special Woobat! This female Woobat had the special ability of Simple.

June 4, 2013

It’s a beautiful summer morning (both in game and out)! I did some more training on Route 6. Someone saw me training my Roselia and gave me a Shiny Stone in case I wanted to evolve it. Cool.

I then returned to the Pokémon Center at Driftveil City, and rotated my Pokémon. This time, I took Growlithe, Trapinch, Tropius, Bronzor, and my fairly recent caught Spheal with me.

Dream World 2: Castform, gained a level. Found: Tirtouga with the move Flail.
Kalos Pokédex: Seen 286 Obtained 243
Central Kalos Pokédex: Seen 130 Obtained 121
Coastal Kalos Pokédex: Seen 122 Obtained 109
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 34 Obtained 13
Kalos Medals: 75
Kalos Ribbons: 6

Last edited by OffRoadSP; June 5th, 2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old June 8th, 2013, 05:06 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

No idea why I haven't posted in this thread yet, but here goes. I'm already post-game, and I don't really have a set goal, so a little breeding here, a little battling there, and everything else there is to do. Today was quite the eventful day

June 8th

I started the day guiding visitors in Join Avenue, and there was even even a special guest today: Nimbasa's shining beauty, Elesa! She wanted to visit a shop where a cute girl works - I wonder if she was scouting for her Gym, so I showed her the Raffle Shop, tended by our dazzling Lass Natsuki.

After stocking up on supplies at the Pokemon Center, we're ready to go. The team: (hover for names)

Our destination is Route 15. First stop: the old trailer near the western entrance, where I planned a trade meeting with Scientist Lillian. We are saying goodbye to Bob the Ditto, but in return we are welcoming our new teammate, Bucky the Rotom. Neither seem too sad to change trainers, so maybe Pokemon enjoy trading just as much as us?

Since we're already here, we decide to explore the area. We go past the Poke Transfer Lab, over the bridge, and into the tall grass on the lower part of the route. Our searches prove fruitful, as Sandslash, Sawk, Gligar and Pupitar go into our Poke Balls and then to the PC. It soon gets misty as we move deeper into Route 15, so we decide to leave via Flying. Loony is able to lift us up easily, and we're now drifting to a new destination.

With strong winds from the south-east, we drift across the region and finally land atop of Celestial Tower. Was Loony attracted to this place because of his Ghost typing, or was it something else this time? There's an eerie feeling to the place, even more so as the tower serves as the resting place of many Pokemon's souls. Time to investigate further. As we look around, I soon spot a small figure behind the bell, floating in the air, with two long... tails, where they? There are bright red sparks, like rubies, on each tail and on its head. Is that...?

"Spriiii!"

The legendary Pokemon, Mesprit! It's been so long since we first met the lake trio at the Cave of Being, this time you won't get away, Mesprit! Go, Pixi! Mesprit is attacking with its psychic powers, but Pixi is able to escape scattering BrightPowder in the air, that sparkles brightly and blinds the opponent. Which is a tricky one as well, using Copycat to imitate Pixi's Minimize. With both Pokemon quick to evade, attacks rarely hit their target, and both are getting tired. Time to sleep then! Pixi's soothing lullaby fills the air, and soon the tiny legendary falls into a deep slumber. It's still resisting and waking up from time to time, but in the end, we manage to convince it! Mesprit, GET!
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
ThatDamnShiftry
You all remember him...

Nature: Hardy
(BTW this thread bleeds awesomeness. I can spend all day here!)

So I finally beat the 5th Gym with my 2 lowest level Pokemon! Yep, both Escavalier and Crobat were a measly Lv. 25 when going into this battle, and they were only supposed to be my disposable leaders this time around! But as the fight grew longer, they better they did, and they were rewarded with quite a few Hyper Potions to keep the momentum going!

Immediately after, I took on something I'd been looking forward to for the past few days, the PWT! I carefully Selected Dewott at 31, Crobat at 27 now, and my tank, Excadrill at 31 for my tourney lineup.

First up is Hugh! So darn easy! Switched out to Crobat and Combo'd Confuse Ray and Fly until Tranquill. Then, I nearly stabbed myself with the 3DS's beautiful stylus. A combination of Detect and Roost made this battle drag on foreverrrrrrrrrr. Be prepared, fellow trainers! Finally, Tranquil was KO'd after a series of 3 flinch-inducing bites, thank god!

Cheren wasn't even a big deal. To be honest, the battle was so quick that it wasn't even memorable, like I can't even remember the details of it.

Colress was a bit of a challenge to Dewott, but Excadrill shut him down. The rest of the fight flew by, and the PWT for Driftveil was over! As they crowd cheered me (ha, who am I kidding?), I exited the building and was shocked to see a Plasma Grunt running away from Hugh. Instinctively, I followed the dock southward and focused on- -OOH! IS THAT A CAVE?!

After a short ADD break in the cave, I proceeded to the ship swarming with Plasma derps and wiped them out effortlessly with the help of Cheren and Hugh. Sadly, Gothita was one casualty :/

My Team:

Arcanine Lv. 28

Gothita Lv. 28

Escavalier Lv. 26

Crobat Lv. 27

Dewott Lv. 30

Excadrill Lv. 31

Update time!

So my team info was kinda lacking in the first entry... I think I'll address that right now to get it out of the way!

Crobat Lv. 28
Impish
Capable of taking hits
-Confuse Ray
-Swift
-Bite
-Fly

Gothita Lv. 29
Hardy
Mischievous
-Psyshock
-Psybeam
-Embargo
-Faint Attack

Dewott Lv. 30
Calm
Capable of taking hits
-Fury Cutter
-Water Pledge
-Water Pulse
-Revenge

Escavalier
Relaxed
Scatters things often
-Endure
-Fury Cutter
-Bug Buzz
-Headbutt

Arcanine Lv. 28
Serious
Loves to eat
-Flame Wheel
-Leer
-Reversal
-Thief

Excadrill Lv. 31
Lonely
Loves to eat
-Dig
-Slash
-Hone Claws
-Horn Drill

Yay, that's finally out of the way! Back to the exciting adventure, woohoo!

While exploring the beautiful Route 6, I encountered a few trainer battles that raised my party some experience. Still looking for something nice to catch here! Well I found a pokeba-... nope, it's a Foongus. Crobat, use fly! Well, that was a short battle. As I take my bicycle across the bridge, I see a familiar face up ahead! It's Cheren! With urgency, he leads me into a lab.

Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot! Plot!

So apparently, random temperature drops have been recorded in various towns of Unova. After receiving the wonderful gift of Surf to explore this strange happening, he sends me on my way. Just before leaving, a kind scientist gave me a great present! A Lv. 30 Deerling!

*Deerling, the Season Pokemon. Their coloring changes according to the season and can be slightly affected by the temperature and humidity as well.*

I've always wanted a Sawsbuck, so I might use Deerling eventually. So many cool Pokemon!

Pfft, Schoolkid Allen stood no chance against my mighty Arcanine!

Dammit, another surprise Foongus; I should've expected that.

Cool, this Parasol lady has a Castform. Castform, prepare to become Arcanine food (or Exp.)!

Anyways, let's continue. So I go to cross another bridge and ZOMG COBALION!

Aaaaaaaaaand he's gone.

Rood and some old dude tell me to catch it. Well, yeah! He's legendary, dude. I continue northeast to a familiar house to rest for the night, marking the end of this entry!

Changes:

-Dewott: Water Pulse ---> Surf
-Excadrill replaced with Lv. 30 Deerling
-Arcanine Lv. 29
-Crobat Lv. 29
In Brock Obama We Trust.

Last edited by ThatDamnShiftry; June 8th, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 01:49 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

June 5, 2013

Another beautiful day off! I was battling some wild Pokémon just outside Chargestone Cave with Spheal and Trapinch, when my Trapinch started to evolve! I now have a dragon-type on my team, Vibrava!

234. Vibrava

Shortly after that, I was crossing Chargestone Cave and had a triple battle with an ace trainer. After my Vibrava, Growlithe, and Bronzor won the match, Bronzor evolved into Bronzong!

“Bronzong, the Bronze Bell Pokémon, and the evolved form of Bronzor. Bronzong were found buried in the ground. In ages past, they were revered as bringers of plentiful harvests and are thought to have brought rain by opening portals to another world.”

235. Bronzong

Dream World: Accelgor. I’m still having some good luck! Found: Paras that can use Synthesis; female Snorunt with the ability Moody. Finding Paras only leaves six Pokémon left to find in the Dream Park!

Happy with the experience I gave my current team, I called Professor Juniper to rotate my Pokémon.

“Hi, Steve!” The Professor greeted. “How is your vacation from work?”

“Very relaxing, so far,” I replied. “I’m getting in a good amount of Pokémon training, and adding a few more registries in the expanded Pokédex. Two of my Pokémon evolved! I’m ready to send them back to you. Can I have the next four?”

“Sure thing!” she said. “Actually, you might be interested to know of a new discovery we made in this section of Unova. Doctor Fennel and I were on our way back from studying the Vigoroth in Pinwheel Forest, when we were attacked by a small group of wild Corphish on Route 3!”

“Corphish, huh? I’d like to see that, but I’m all the way in Mistralton City.”

“Well, actually, you might be able to find them,” the professor continued. “You see, when we were attacked, Munna came to our defense and used Hypnosis to put the Corphish to sleep…”

“And then used Dream Mist to send them to the Dream World,” I interrupted. “Ok. I think it’s Nosepass’s turn to get put under, could you send it to Fennel and I’ll go check it out?”

“You bet!” Juniper said cheerfully. “Consider it done. And I also have Leafeon, Flareon, Pinsir, and Buneary ready to transfer to you as well.”

So I gave my Pokémon to Nurse Joy to treat and then send to Professor Juniper, and I decided to nap to go to the Dream World.

Dream World 2: Nosepass, gained a level. I managed to find one of the Corphish! After befriending it, it was sent to the Entralink Forest once Nosepass awoke.

June 6, 2013

I was traveling to the Entralink Forest to see the Corphish from the Dream World, but I decided to stop in Nimbasa City and Green Grimer Avenue. While training at the Sports Domes, my Buneary evolved into Lopunny!

“Lopunny, the Rabbit Pokémon, and the evolved form of Buneary. Lopunny are extremely cautious and quickly bound off when they sense danger. Their ears appear to be delicate. If they are touched roughly, they kick with their graceful legs.”

236. Lopunny

I finally reached the Entralink, and caught the Corphish that was waiting there!

“Corphish, the Ruffian Pokémon. Corphish have a hardy vitality that enables them to adapt to any environment, no matter how dirty the water. They have a strong will to survive. Their pincers will never release prey.”

237. Corphish

Dream World: Mienshao. Found: nothing new; Shuckle that can use Helping Hand.

June 7, 2013

I checked out the Hidden Grotto on Route 5, and found yet another Foongus with the special ability, Regenerator. I then did quite a bit of training with my team in and around Mistralton City. I then hopped on a plane that was taking some supplies to Lentimas Town. I did a bunch more training outside Reversal Mountain, and then returned to the Pokémon Center in Lentimas Town to rest and rotate my Pokémon once again.

While Nurse Joy was treating my other five Pokémon, Grimer and I took a short walk just outside of town. Something caught Grimer’s attention. I followed it to a pile of rocks in the shadow of the hills. I looked to see what drew my Pokémon over here. It was a Pokémon egg! I took it with us, and returned to the Pokémon Center.

I had the next batch of four Pokémon sent to me: Piloswine, Sandslash, Magneton, and Buizel.

Dream World 2: Lairon, gained a level. Found: female Drilbur with the ability Mold Breaker.

June 8, 2013

I was visiting a zoo with some family and friends, and let my Pokémon out to enjoy the scenery. While it was swimming with some penguins, my Buizel evolved into Flotzel!

“Floatzel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon, and the evolved form of Buizel. Floatzel are a common sight around fishing ports. They are known to rescue people and carry off prey.”

238. Floatzel

June 9, 2013

While I was at the hotel relaxing, the Pokémon egg I was keeping hatched. I now have a Spoink on the team!

“Spoink, the Bounce Pokémon. Spoink keep their heart beating by bouncing constantly, using their tails like springs.”

239. Spoink

Last edited by OffRoadSP; June 14th, 2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Super busy with summer classes and work but I have managed to do a lot of training on the side. I have evolved my:

Vigoroth
Crogunk
Lickylicky
Horsea
Dwebble
Koffing

I still need to trade my Seadra with a Dragon Scale in order to evolve it into a Kingdra. On the side, I called Curtis and he offered me a Wobbuffet. I traded him a Swablu in exchange. I put the Wobbuffett in the daycare so that it can have a Wynaut which I need in my National Dex. Also, all of my team is now at Lvl 81.

Unova Dex

Seen: 297
Obtained: 245
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:22 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

June 12, 2013

“My Jigglypuff is a what?” I exclaimed as I was talking to Professor Juniper.

“A fairy-type,” replied the professor. “Or at least that’s what some new research is showing. I was talking to a professor in the Kalos Region. In that region, trainers choose from grass-type Chespin, fire-type Fennekin, or water-type Froakie…”

“Ok, ok, I get it, but let me focus on this region first,” I said. “I still have several dozen Pokémon to catch here, not to mention I want two more badges. I’ll try to speed things up.”

After a few more minutes I hung up with her. So much more to do in Unova. I really hope I can reach my goals!

That evening, when I was training my team on Reversal Mountain, we came upon a Strange House. It was an odd location for a random building to begin with, but the thing looked like it hadn’t been lived in for years. I saw something run past one of the windows; do some wild Pokémon live in there? I decided to go inside to check it out.

When I entered, it was as though I had walked into a haunted house. As I moved, I could swear I saw the furniture moving. I walked up the stairs, and suddenly a bunch of Golbat flew down from the ceiling! I ran down the steps into the basement. There were a lot of bookcases down here. I then felt something frisking me! I turned to see what it was. Something was moving in the shadows. Was it a Pokémon? I scanned it with my Pokédex to see.

“Banette, the Marionette Pokémon. Banette were dolls that became Pokémon over their grudges of being thrown away. They seek the children who disowned them.”

Of course, Banette. One of their abilities is Frisk, so that’s what I felt. I walked back upstairs, and was shocked to find that all the furniture in the place had been completely rearranged. Spooky. I did see more Pokémon... a Duosion with a small group of Solosis, some Raticate, and some Litwick too. I think there was a Gothita in the corner at one point as well. Then I saw a young girl just materialize out of nowhere! She muttered something about a dark dream, and she called out for her mom, dad, and Abra. Then she disappeared. Finally I made it back upstairs, where I found a Pokémon egg and a strange, green wing lying beside it!

“Return the Lunar Wing to the Pokémon it came from,” said the girl’s voice as I picked up the strange wing. “To the Pokémon on the bridge.” I grabbed the Pokémon egg as well, and then bolted out of the Strange House and back to the Pokémon Center in Lentimas Town.

I sent five Pokémon to Professor Juniper, and Grimer and I studied the egg. I wonder what Pokémon will hatch out of this one?

Old June 16th, 2013, 12:43 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

June 16th, 2013

This week-end we decided to take a break and have fun at the beach in Undella Town. Just as we're heading out, I suddenly bump into Hugh right at the Pokemon Center's doors, and sure enough, he's challenging me right away! Unfezant is the first of his Pokemon to come out. It's a male, as one can tell from the bright red plumage on his head, that is apparently called a wattle. Nonetheless, as menacing as his Pokemon seem, with their crests and their horns, they still fall one by one to my team:

"You're strong, Miau! After all, you're the one who helped me fight Team Plasma and find my sister's Purrlo-- well, Liepard. I want you to have this, it's HM06 Dive, you can use it to dive underwater with your Pokemon. You'll still need a mask and snorkel though, but you can easily borrow one at the Pokemon Center right here!"

And with that, he's gone, headed towards Cailin's beach house, where Sinnoh League Champion Cynthia is supposedly spending her vacation. Heh, I never thought Hugh of all people would turn out to be a fan-boy!

After watching the dive tutorial on the computer back at the PC with Azul the Wailmer, we're finally ready to hit the beach. But wait, there's another surprising encounter, this time with... Team Plasma's Zinzolin!? What is he doing here, and with the robe and toque even, on this sunny day? He mumbles something about ciphers and treasures hidden underwater right here, in Undella Bay, in a place they now call the Abyssal Ruins, before vanishing as suddenly as he appeared. Was it really him, or am I having a sunstroke?

Oh, who cares anymore? Somehow, we finally managed to reach the beach! The water is great, and I don't even know how Azul and I managed to go so farther offshore this fast. The sea seems deeper here! I put on my mask and snorkel, hang on to Azul's right fin, and we dive. As we go further, the currents get stronger, and it's getting harder to swim. But wait, is that... The Abyssal Ruins? Sure enough, there's an old castle underwater, and there's the entrance!

"Let's go, Azul!"

The Wailmer somehow fits inside and more so, is able to swim swiftly through the corridors. There are symbols written on some of the walls, and every here and there, coins scattered on the floor. The pressure is getting almost unbearable and there's a strange sound clicking in my ears. As I reach for a small stone figure lying in a corner, I only let go of Azul's fin for a second, when suddenly a strong torrent of water slams me into one of the walls...

I woke up on Azul's back, surfing back to the beach. How did we get to the surface? Did I imagine all of that? As I get down and my feet touch the sand, I reach for my bag, that is somehow still clinging to me, and here they are, the coins rattling and glittering in the sun. Things are cleared up at the PC. Yes, the ruins underwater are of an ancient tomb where a king is said to rest, and it is said that there are relics to be found inside. And apparently, there is a relic maniac living right here in Undella, and they say he pays a fortune to collect everything that's down there.

Huh? Relic maniac? I wonder if he can tell me more of the Abyssal Ruins. I show him everything.

"These coins were used as currency a long time ago and they're sometimes washed up on the beach," he says, "this small statue though, it must be 3,000 years old! It's worth a lot, I'll give you 200,000 for this!"

With my new small fortune in my pocket, and a small silver coin as a souvenir, I decide to leave Undella for now. It's already late anyway, so we'll take this chance to go trough the Marine Tube and see the Frillish colonies that float around at night. In the morning we'll reach Humilau, and maybe then we'll finally have a relaxing time at the beach!
Old June 23rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

June 13, 2013

I had four more of my Pokémon sent to me in the morning: Electabuzz, Sunflora, Koffing, and Skitty.

I did a bunch of training against the wild Pokémon in the Strange House outside Reversal Mountain. Later in the evening while I was there, my egg hatched into a Shuppet!

“Shuppet, the Puppet Pokémon. Shuppet feed on the dark emotions of sadness and hatred, which make them grow steadily stronger. They love these vengeful emotions and hang in rows under the eaves of houses where vengeful people live.”

240. Shuppet

I finally returned to Undella Town. At the Pokémon Center, Nurse Joy said I had a message from Professor Juniper. I returned her call, and she said she wanted to study to Jellicent that appear in Undella Bay. She said that on Mondays, male Jellicent can be seen just off the shore, and on Thursdays, female Jellicents can be seen. Since it’s Thursday, I went out to the bay and saw the large, pink head of a Jellicent bobbing in the water. I sent out my Electabuzz to weaken it with Thunderpunch, and then tossed a Poké Ball, but it knocked it away. I tried another Poké Ball, but it immediately broke out of it. I figured I should try a Net Ball… and it worked! I caught the Jellicent. I scanned it with my Pokédex. Apparently this Jellicent has the special ability Damp, unlike most Jellicent. I sent returned to the Pokémon Center and transferred it to Professor Juniper.

June 14, 2013

Dream World: Bouffalant. Found: Gulpin that knows Giga Drain; female Lotad with the ability Own Tempo. Finding Gulpin leave just five more Pokémon to find in the Dream Park!

June 15, 2013

It’s such a beautiful mild summer day out! I was just taking in the nice warm sun outside the Pokémon Center. My Sunflora also seemed especially happy about the weather. I started with some early morning training with my new Shuppet. I had it battle wild Pokémon in various areas and did a sweep of the Hidden Grottos as I went. In the Hidden Grotto in Lostlorn Forest, we found and caught another Combee; unfortunately, it was male like the last one, so it can’t evolve into a Vespiquen.

Back in Undella Bay, I was doing some more training, and my Koffing evolved into Weezing!

“Weezing, the Poison Gas Pokémon, and the evolved form of Koffing. Weezing grow by feeding on gases released by garbage. Inhaling these toxic fumes and mixing them inside their bodies let them spread an even fouler stench.”

241. Weezing

I then battled a few trainers in the bay, and one of them had a little Mantyke that he used to battle me.

“Mantyke, the Kite Pokémon. Mantyke often swim in schools of Remoraid. The patterns on their backs vary by region. People organize tours to see these Pokémon frolic and skim the tops of waves.”

As I explored more of Undella Bay, I found a cave opening hidden among some rocks. Inside the cave, I saw a trainer training his three Roggenrola. I was just going to turn around and leave him be when I saw a Pokémon out of the corner of my eye. Is that a Seel? It is! I definitely haven’t seen one of those in a while!

“Seel, the Sea Lion Pokémon. Seel joyfully swim around oceans so cold that they are filled with floating ice. As they swim, they use the point on their heads to break up this ice. The colder it gets, the better they feel.”

I decided I wanted to catch one, so I stuck around in the cave. It took me quite a long time, but the wild Tynamo, Golduck, Boldore, and Woobat made for some good training for the rest of my Pokémon. I finally found one, and after a few attempts with a Poké Ball, I caught it!

242. Seel

I returned to the Pokémon Center to send the Poké Ball to storage as I already had six Pokémon with me. I then went back out to Undella Bay to do some more exploring. I came across a wild Mantyke! I threw Poké Ball after Poké Ball, but the little tyke just wouldn’t stay in the ball! It was weakening itself by repeatedly using Take Down. Despite that, several more Poké Balls still didn’t get the job done. Then I had an idea. I sent out Electabuzz, and had it stand there and just take the Take Down attacks. Eventually, the effect I was after happened… Mantyke was paralyzed by Electabuzz’s ability of Static! Now, sufficiently weakened from recoil damage and paralyzed, I finally managed to catch it!

243. Mantyke

After sending it off to storage, I did a lot more training with my current team, and then had them treated by Nurse Joy before sending them off to Professor Juniper for a well-deserved rest

Dream World 2: Baltoy, gained a level. Found: a female Elgyem with the ability Analytic.

June 16, 2013

I had Professor Juniper send me the Seel and Mantyke I caught yesterday, as well as my Espeon, Umbeon, and Drifblim.

I went out to Undella Bay hoping to find a Remoraid. I’ve only seen Remoraid once on the first day I came to Undella Bay a few months ago. I spent over 2 hours swimming around in the bay, but not a single Remoraid could be found. I did, however, find some Wailmer in the deeper parts, and I managed to catch one!

“Wailmer, the Ball Whale Pokémon. Wailmer eat one ton of food every day. They play by shooting stored seawater out of their blowholes with great force. On sunny days, they land on beaches to bounce like a ball and play.”

244. Wailmer

Later that evening, I decided to give one more attempt at finding a Remoraid, and I did manage to finally find and catch one!

245. Remoraid

Last edited by OffRoadSP; June 23rd, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old July 1st, 2013, 02:04 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Today I entered in a couple of Musicals (not as fun as it used to be) then went on the battle subway. Only went as far as three because I took a break to watch Gossip Girl then what do you know? MY DSi TURNS OFF!! :c
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
Hello, Pokecommunity~ Haven't made a post in the journal for a while. Decided to log my Pokemon League battles while using my Vespiquen, Empress. I'm doing this for two reasons; two medals. The Solo-Pokemon Challenge medal and the Bug Champion medal (not sure of their exact names right now, but whatever.)

- Empress [Lv. 100]
  • Nature: Adamant
  • Ability: Pressure
  • Attack Order / Heal Order / Defend Order / Acrobatics
  • No held item.
Shauntal

I've actually just finished this battle, and found that the events that took place warranted their entry in this journal. Basically, the battle started with me having Empress use Attack Order on Cofarigous and failing like a nub and getting Shadow Ball'd. Not that it hurt. Proceed into Acrobatics and it goes down. Golurk came out next, and I figured I could get a Defend Order up for a free turn. (This actually saves me later) Golurk uses Stone Edge (and doesn't miss of course), bringing me down to about 50% health. Acrobatics, and it's down.

This is where it got fun. Mismagius out-sped me and used Perish Song. This isn't something you normally worry about. Then again, you don't normally only have one Pokemon with you when fighting the Elite Four. Acrobatics, and it went down. Froslass came out, out-sped me, unleashed a Blizzard, and brought me down to about 30% health. Drifblim followed with Thunder which brought me down to 1 HP (thank God for no paralysis..). I prayed Chandelure wouldn't out-speed me, and it didn't. Acrobatics. Flame Body. Empress with 1 HP and a burn. Perish Song was at 1 at the start of this turn, too. /o/
  • Full Restore x1 was used.

Grimsley

Liepard. Obvious opening. Should've taken the chance to setup Defend Orders. Scrafty came out and got one-shot dealing no damage. Krookodile is where all the trouble began. First, dat Intimidate screwed me over. I lost the ability to one-shot anything anymore. Not to mention Krookodile's first Rock Slide stunned me. But, looking at the damage, I could survive two Rock Slides easily, so long as he didn't get a crit. Houndoom came out next starting with Thunderfang hoping for dat para. Didn't get it. Attack Order failed to 1HKO, got Fire Blasted. No burn, thankfully, and the next one missed, allowing me to down Houndoom. Honchkrow out-sped with Aerial Ace, but got one-shot by a critical Attack Order. Bisharp.. meh. He got owned.
  • Hyper Potion x3 was used.
  • Max Potion x2 was used.
Marshall

Having learned my lesson from the last battle, I started with two Defend Orders, dodging one Stone Edge, getting hit by the second. One Acrobatics, and Throh was down. Sawk took an Attack Order like a boss after hitting Empress with a Stone Edge. I took the chance to heal, getting hit again. However, when attacking Sawk missed, making that one less threat. Conkeldurr got one-shot. Medicham got one-shot. Mienshao out-sped me with Acrobatics, dealing like no damage. Acrobatics ran out of PP, forcing me to use an Ether and letting Lucario use Dragon Pulse. Another Pulse and some fancy flying later, I won the match.
  • Hyper Potion x2 was used.
  • Ether x1 was used.
Caitlin

Musharna. Reuniclus. Attack Order the everything. Sigilyph. Survives with 1 HP, gets off a Air Slash, dropping Empress wo about 53~55% HP. Caitlin heals, Acrobatics KOs. Gothitelle. Attack Order. Metagross. Zen Headbutt drops me to less than 50%, Acrobatics does a nice bit of damage. Metagross sticks with Zen Headbutt like an idiot, and gets dropped by Attack Order. Gallade launches a Psycho Cut that does nothing and falls after Acrobatics.
  • Hyper Potion x2 was used.
  • Ether x1 was used.

I r i s

I'll admit. I had a chicken moment. Saved before the battle. I started off by spamming the life out of Defend Order. Archeops scares me, k. Meanwhile, Hydreigon's third Fire Blast crits me and brings me down to 32 HP (with no burn~). Thank Lilligant for Pressure, because now Hydreigon was using everything it could to beat me, and was failing. Feeling I was in the clear, I healed up with Heal Order, then followed with Attack Order to one-shot Hydreigon. Archeops Stone Edge got wall'd. Two Acrobatics and it was down. Now... Aggron.. I can't... Do crap.. But, again, gotta love Pressure. I know Aggron will get healed, it's now just a matter of Attack Ordering it to death.. Aggron gets healed, the following Attack Order gets a crit. /o/

While still playing the "K.O. That Aggron~" game, it can't do any kind of damage to me. Aggron finally goes down, and out comes Lapras. Not too sure what to do here, but good 'ol Attack Order hasn't failed me yet. Blizzard. Critical. "... Of course. .....RESET~" To not bore people, I won't commentate on every Pokemon again, however.. Hydreigon. Fire Blast! Miss. Fire Blast! Miss. Fire Blast! Critical. "...*sigh*" Archeops. Stone Edge! Miss. Stone Edge! Miss. Me: /o/ Aggron. Stone Edge! Critical! Empress was one-shot! "...WDF?!" Third attempt. Archeops. Stone Edge! Critical! Empress was one-shot! Me /facepalm.

Fourth Attempt! Made it to Lapras again. Fearing another Blizzard crit, I healed up on the first turn with Heal Order only to get put to sleep.. Blizzard missed, and I woke up. Seond Blizzard hit and did 44 damage. /o/ Acrobatics, Lapras was down! Druddigon Fire Punch'd to the hive. Did nothing. Haxorus came out with a first-turn Outrage crit and brought Empress down to 9 HP. (Was about to throw my DS at a wall..) Full Restore'd and tanked the next Outrage. Finished up with Acrobatics, and won the game~
  • Hyper Potion x??? was used.
  • Full Restore x1 was used.
  • Max Elixir x1 was used.
  • Soft Reset x3 was used.
  • Rage Quit x0 was used.

That's that~ ....Never doing this again...

[Edit] So.. apparently, I got 3 medals. Flying-type Champ, Bug-type Champ, AND "One and Only" Medals. ...... /o/

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.

Last edited by Syltti; July 1st, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:31 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

I don't know what my problem is... I really have to get the lead out if I want to finish before X/Y come out.

Rozu... that really stinks. I had that happen to me once with my 3DS... all I did was put the DS down and it just blinked off. Thankfully I recently saved!

June 23, 2013

Dream World: Heatmor. Found: nothing new; Feebas that knows Captivate.

I did a bit more training in Undella Bay, and then decided to check out Route 14 to the south of Undella Town. There was a rich elderly couple right near the entrance that each wanted to battle. Once I defeated them (and got awarded quite the chunk of prize money), I decided to check out the wild Pokémon in the area. I saw a large puff of white in the grass. When I approached, it started to move! I got closer, and it flew away. The first Pokémon I saw on Route 14 was one I haven’t seen yet in Unova, an Altaria!

“Altaria, the Humming Pokémon, and the evolved form of Swablu. Altaria fly freely through the sky and blend into the clouds. They sing in a beautiful soprano. If one bonds with a person, it will gently envelop the friend with its soft wings, then hum.”

When I looked back up at the sky, the Altaria had indeed blended into the clouds on this beautiful clear day. I looked around some more, and saw a few Mienfoo, but then on the cliffs, I saw an Absol!

“Absol, the Disaster Pokémon. Absol appear from deep in the mountains to warn people about upcoming disasters they have sensed with their horns. Having become a target because of this, they fled deep into the mountains.”

I stuck around the area training my team, finding quite the assortment of wild Pokémon to battle against. Eventually I ran into another Absol. I decided to fight dark-type against dark-type, and sent out my Umbreon to weaken it. It tried to dodge with Double Team, but thankfully Umbreon’s Faint Attack doesn’t miss. Finally it was severely weakened, and two Poké Balls later and I caught an Absol!

246. Absol

I found a couple of Ace Trainers to battle on the route as well. One challenged me to a triple battle and used a Gligar!

“Gligar, the Flyscorpion Pokémon. Gligar glide as if sliding. They startle their foes by clamping onto their faces, then jab the stingers on their tails while their prey is stunned with surprise.”

The next want to battle me rotation-style, and one of his Pokémon was a Tangela!

“Tangela, the Vine Pokémon. Tangela have many writhing vines that cover them. These blue vines grow their whole life long and are covered in a growth of fine hair. They are known to be ticklish.”

Both were challenging battles. Afterwards, I did a bit more training on the route, and then returned to the Pokémon Center. I had Nurse Joy treat my Pokémon, and then I rotated my Pokémon. Keeping Grimer with me of course, I also had my recently caught Remoraid, Wailmer, and Absol sent to me, in addition to Vigoroth and Raticate.

June 24, 2013

Dream World 2: Zangoose, gained a level. Found: a female Audino with the ability Klutz. (Which I find an amusing hidden ability for it to have, being that they often are found holding berries in the wild.)

June 28, 2013

Dream World: Volcarona. Found: nothing new; Snorlax that knows Recycle.
Dream Wolrd 2: Seviper, gained a level. For the first time, did not find any new Pokémon.

June 29, 2013

Dream World: Serperior. Found: nothing new; Heracross that can use Flail.
Dream World 2: Skorupi, gained a level. Found nothing.

June 30, 2013

Dream World: Emboar. Found: nothing new; a female Seviper with the ability Infiltrator.
Dream World 2: Skarmory, gained a level. Found: a female Pidove with the ability Rivalry.

July 1, 2013

Dream World: Watchog. Found: Slakoth that knows Sucker Punch; Kecleon that knows Skill Swap. Only four more Pokémon left to find in the Dream Park!

Last edited by OffRoadSP; July 10th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
July 10, 2013

I started out the day by walking out of the Black City Pokemon Center, where I seem to end all of my days now, and head to the nearest gate so that I could check up on the newest Pokemon outbreak, as I am trying to complete the National and Regional Pokedex. And, surprise surprise, disappointment again. I walked out and back to the Pokemon Center in Black City. My team was all at level 100 so, no challenge there. Time to level up the next group of my favorite Pokemon, the Dark types. Now, just the difficult part of deciding which ones should get the next level up. And how and where I should train them. Looks like another adventure awaits, one could say. Perhaps I could figure out a way to get the Regi's too. Now that'd be an adventure. Looks like research and training for me today. Maybe I should challenge the PWT again, it has been a while. Not today. Lots to do. Must prepare my beloved Dark types for their next adventure in the Kalos region!

Well, I suppose that's it. I'll leave off here and get back to you tomorrow journal!
Old July 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

July 11, 2013

Well, I chose a team, although there levels are a bit, uneven. But, hey, gotta start somewhere. My current team is:

1) Umbreon - 76
2) Krookodile - 61
3) Gliscor - 49
4) Crawdaunt - 48
5) Mandibuzz - 33 (w/ Hidden Ability)
6) N's Zorua - 88

Once again, we start the day out in Black City and check out the days Swarm Pokemon at the Gate. Still not what I needed. I decided I'd enter into the Kanto Leaders Tournament at PWT. I entered in with Zorua, Umbreon, and Gliscor, since they have a diverse move set. My first match was against Sabrin, lucky me. She started with her Alakazam. I started with Zorua. It put up quite a fight surprisingly. But, Zorua manged to take down the Alakazam. I was quite proud of him. Next up was her Espeon. It actually managed to take down Zorua, I felt bad for the little guy. But, I think I surprised her when I sent out Umbreon. Damn Espeon used Yawn though and put the poor thing to sleep. Luckily Umbreon woke up almost immediatley and thankfully I used Moonlight a time or two before he went to sleep. He woke up and I went on an all out offensive and took him down. Her Mr.Mime came out next and it wasn't much of a challenge. Down almost right away. She actually gave me a good battle, I respected her.

Next up, me against Brock. I quickly retreated my Zorua since he started with Onix and sent out Gliscor since he knew Sky Uppercut. His Onix used Protect an awful lot though. Eventually we took it down without taking a hit and he sent out his Relicanth. I withdrew Gliscor to preserve his HP and the PP of Sky Uppercut and went with Zorua again. Unfortunately, he did not last long. Umbreon was next and he put up a good fight but, to no avail. I was down to Gliscor. I sent him out, but, unfortunately, still not enough. We were out of the Tournament. That Relicanth really put up a fight. We got a Red Shard as a conseltaion prize. What are they even good for? Nothing if you aske me. Wish I could travel to another region. I'm a little sick of Unova. Johto sounds like it'd be nice.

Well that's all for today's entry. I'll write again tomorrow for todays update.
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:04 PM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

July 10, 2013

I took my team to Reversal Mountain for quite a bit of training. Then, back in Undella Town, Hugh challenged me to a battle, but my Absol, Wailmer, and Vigoroth came through in the end against his Emboar, Simipour, and Unfezant.

July 11, 2013

While I was at the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, I heard people talking about undersea ruins that lie at the bottom of Undella Bay. So when I rotated my Pokémon, I kept my Wailmer as well as my Grimer, and then had Professor Juniper send me Swablu, Zangoose, and my other Grimer. Since Wailmer had learned Dive yesterday while we were training, I figured I could do some exploring in the bay!

So when I went out to Undella Bay, the first “treasure” I came across was a Pokémon egg! I didn’t want it to wash out to sea, so I took it with me. Then I sent out my Wailmer and climbed on.

We found a section where the water seemed deep, and Wailmer dove down. I immediately saw the entrance to the ruins. We swam in and found a maze of corridors. Among several relics that I picked up, I found a Dread Plate, Iron Plate, Flame Plate, and Zap Plate. These are some of the mythical plates that the alpha Pokémon Arceus used to change its elemental type. Before I could explore further, a sudden blast of water washed us out of the ruins and back to the surface!

I wasn’t going to be discouraged, so I found another area of deep water and dove back down with Wailmer. There was another entrance to the ruins here, and so of course we entered it. There was more treasure to be found here, including a Stone Plate, Insect Plate, and Mind Plate. There is also a lot of strange writing covering the walls. I wonder what it means? It’s nothing like the writing in the Ruins of Alph in Johto. These I can’t decipher. What’s that unusual sound I keep hearing? But before I knew it, we were washed out by another blast of water.

Back on the beach near the bay, my egg started to glow. It was hatching! This is a fitting Pokémon to be born on a beach.

“Wingull, the Seagull Pokémon. Wingull make their nests on sheer cliffs. They soar high in the sky, riding on sea breezes and updrafts like a glider. They carry food tucked in their bills.”

247. Wingull

I left my new Wingull with Nurse Joy to examine, and decided to finish my sweep of the weird ruins. Nurse Joy had told me that they were called the Abyssal Ruins, but she didn’t have any info about the strange writing. So we found yet another spot to dive, and entered a third part of the tunnels. There were more plates here, and I added the Sky Plate, Earth Plate, Toxic Plate, Meadow Plate, and Icicle Plate to my collection. Legends of Arceus only exist in the Sinnoh Region. Could he have visited Unova at some point? Are these ruins built as homage to it? And there’s that sound again, in the same pattern. This time, I expected the onrushing water when it hit us.

I found another dive spot. Apparently there are four entrance to the Abyssal Ruins, west, north, east, and now south. As expected, I found more plates here. The Fist Plate and the Spooky Plate bring the total to 14. Then I thought about it, and I did find a Draco Plate on the beach a while back. It must have washed up from the ruins. That’s one plate short; but I did not find it among the ruins. Just more and more strange writing. Satisfied that I searched the ruins thoroughly, when the water wash us out this time, I decided to leave. On the way back to the Pokémon Center, I had a battle with a trainer in the bay, and he used a Sealeo!

“Sealeo, the Ball Roll Pokémon, and the evolved form of Spheal. Sealeo will spin any round objects on their noses with the greatest of ease. By doing so, they learn textures and odors.”

I went back to the Pokémon Center, gave Wailmer to Nurse Joy to treat and send back to Professor Juniper, and then took my Wingull to do some training with later. For now, I need to get to work. On such a beautiful day, I’d rather be swimming in the bay!

Old July 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

July 12, 2013

As our adventure continues I managed to level up Umbreon and taught it some good moves. Feeling pretty confident in him and putting him into battle. Started today off differently. Woke up in a Drifveil Hotel after another unfortunate failied attempt at the PWT. I was surprised how good I did this time. Made it to the finals of the Kanto Tournament. My first match was against Giovanni. I saw his name and thought that was it but thanks to Gliscor and N's Zoruas Grass Knot attack, we pulled through. Next up, Lt. Surge. Once again, thought that was it. But, I was wrong. Gliscor took down his Raichu no problem with a one hit KO Dig attack. But he and then Zorua fainted to a Magnezone. Umbreon was up and after a long struggle took it down with his Ampharos up next. Took some time but we did it. Final round, me vs. Sabrina. I knew I was going to win...but I was wrong. Hardly made it past Alakzam and then lost two her second Pokemon. Apparently I do better with no self-confidence.

Really should just focus on the Pokedex and training. Wish someone would give or trade me a Ninjask. That'd make a great addition to my team. Still trying to pick a permanent one that works for me. Can't decide though. I think once Umbreon is leveled up he is getting a spot with Hydreigon though. I'll probably have Absol or Zoroark on there too along side Luxray.

Anyways, that is all for todays journal entry. Get back to you tomorrow.

Last edited by Austin1395; July 13th, 2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Wrong month.
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

July 13, 2013

No real big news today. Just trained a litte. Tried to catch some more Pokemon but, couldn't find anything I didn't already have. Unova is getting a little dull for my taste. Need a new adventure. Something exciting. Wish I had something I could do though. Still trying to get a Ninjask. Really want one. I've decided to only train Gliscor and Umbreon for now.

See ya for now.

Last edited by Austin1395; July 13th, 2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Wrong month.
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

July 17, 2013

Been a few days since I last wrote in this journal. Nothing to report really. I did some breeding for a friend who wanted some good Pokemon when he starts out on his own journey through Unova. I was excited to help. Bred him a Tepig, Snivy, and Zorua. I love my Dark types.

Well, nothing really exciting happening along my travels anymore, until next time.
Old July 20th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Might as well post them here.

Barbecue (Emboar) L36
Cyanide (Scolipede) L36
Pietra (Krokorok) L36
Mikhail (Swanna) L36
Lettuce (Pansage) L12 (the mascot and HM slave)

In front of Chargestone Cave, where I'll catch a Tynamo. I'm grossly overleveled, but who cares?

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:10 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Started a new game of Black 2. The team so far...

Sasaki, the Dewott L21
Faraday, the Magnemite L21
Kerbero, the Growlithe L21

Planned members Roserade, Scrafty and some other thing I'm still choosing, I'd love to use Heracross but those are difficult to find. Currently with Hugh in the sewers, having his back while he thinks he got mine.

Fun fact, Cheren is quite hard, isn't he? I barely made it with only Sasaki. Water Gun didn't do enough damage, and he only learns Razor Shell at L17, which is when he also evolves. That was a really close call. For anyone wishing to take on Cheren with a single Pokémon, I suggest using the X Defend one of the students in the school gives you before the fight.

And... The Black playthrough has progressed too.

Barbecue, the Emboar L43
Cyanide, the Scolipede L41
Pietra, the Krookodile L41
Mikhail, the Swanna L41
Tesla, the Eelektrik L41

I beat Skyla with Tesla and now I'm going to do the Surf routes west of Nuvema. It's possible I catch an Axew beforehand, or something else.

Last edited by Cerberus87; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

Nature: Bold
Restarted my Black on Sunday. First time playing Black intensely since 2011, but so far I'm in Nimbasa City about to challenge Elesa.

My team:

Dewott - Level 30
Darumaka - Level 27
Sigilyph - Level 26
Life without water would be no fun
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Black 2...

Sasaki, the Dewott L29
Faraday, the Magnemite L28
Kerbero, the Growlithe L28
Ramone, the Scraggy L23

I'm in Nimbasa. The Desert Resort segment is quite annoying because of all the scattered items, but also because, to go back to Castelia, there's that Breeder who always battles you. It's the single most annoying thing in the history of Pokémon, and I hope XY doesn't feature this kind of rematches. Another annoying thing is that they reduced Scraggy's encounter rate to make up for all the added Pokémon in Route 4 and the Desert Resort, so finding a Scraggy is now a chore. I can find Sigilyph easily, but not Scraggy. Finally I found two, a Naughty female and an Impish male. The female had Moxie (the ability I wanted), but her Sp.Def. was crap because of the nature. The male had a better nature but Shed Skin ability. I kept Ramone (the male) because I felt like a Scraggy looks more masculine, although I had a good nickname for a female one too.

Burgh was obviously piece of cake, there are so many Pokémon available in the early routes that can massacre his Pokémon... Leavanny was a poor choice for an ace, it has too many exploitable weaknesses. Anyway, since when has a Bug gym not been easy? Even Aaron from the Sinnoh E4 is quite easy, and he has a lot of great Bugs (Scizor, Heracross) and cheats with a non-Bug Pokémon that evolved from a Bug (Drapion).

Old July 26th, 2013, 10:29 PM
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

Nature: Bold
Black Update:

I beat the Elite Four, N & Ghetsis. Ending totally blew my mind for the second time. I've kept my team at 4 pokemon so far (Samurott, Sigilyph, Darmanitan and Excadrill) since I haven't decided on who else to add.
Life without water would be no fun
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:48 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Well I finally got it working yesterday and then spend another 2 hours to just find the code which would give me experience in game battling. Apart from these I started. The season was Autumn and I started by picking up Oshawott. Named my character (Ace). Battled Cheren and Bianca. Laughed at the after battle scene in my room. Got out do the usual game stuff. Trained a bit at Route 1. Got Pokeballs, saved them for future plans. My Oshawott became at Lv 8. I then got Xtransceiver. The feature was cool when Professor Juniper talked with us all. Oh well went to the first city admired the 3d views. Saw the new Pokemon Center. Just awesome !!! Got out , witnessed the Ghetsis scene. I liked how the plasma grunts escorted him afterwards. Battled N. Went to Route 2, battled all trainers. Have not battled Bianca yet whose Tepig has my devil eyes.. ( I will catch him by using Cheats )

Current team :

Old July 29th, 2013, 02:34 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

July 28, 2013

I haven’t done too much Pokémon training lately, but have kept the same five Pokémon with me these last few weeks. This morning, my Swablu evolved into an Altaria! I decided it was a sign that I need to get back to exploring eastern Unova.

248. Altaria

I did some exploring among the rocks of Undella Bay, and found the last type plate I was looking for, the Splash Plate! With that, my collection of type plates is complete. On the way back to Undella Town, a trainer challenged me to a battle. I figured it would be a good opportunity to have my Altaria try out its new moves and power. The other trained had two powerful evolved Pokémon with her that I had yet to see in Unova!

“Pelipper, the Water Bird Pokémon, and the evolved form of Wingull. Pelipper are messengers of the skies, carrying small Pokémon and eggs to safety in their bills. Skimming the water’s surface, they dip these large bills in the sea, scoop up food and water, and carry it.”

“Starmie, the Mysterious Pokémon, and the evolved form of Staryu. Starmie have a core at the center of their bodies that shine in many colors. This core sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky to communicate with something.”

I returned to the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, and left my Pokémon with Nurse Joy while I went off to a picnic for the afternoon. That evening, I returned to find them all rested and happy after their treatment, and decided to head north to Route 13 to explore some new areas!

Route 13 was a lush, seaside area. I battled a few trainers and wild Pokémon there. One of the first wild Pokémon I encountered was a Tangela! I had my Altaria weaken it with a few Dragonbreath attacks, and then tossed a Poké Ball, but no luck. The little ball of vines was stubborn, because it took over 20 Poké Balls before I actually managed to catch it! It now makes a sixth member of my current team.

249. Tangela

A short while later while I was up on a hill, I found a large stone that started to move! Who’s that Pokémon? It’s a Lunatone! I haven’t seen one of these in a while. I battled it with Altaria just like before, but this time also had my new Tangela use Stun Spore to paralyze it as well. Route 13 must breed some really stubborn Pokémon, because it took just under 20 Poké Balls before Lunatone was caught!

“Lunatone, the Meteorite Pokémon. Lunatone are active on the night of a full moon. The phase of the moon apparently has some effect on their power.”

250. Lunatone

I returned to the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, where I not only rested my team, but also restocked on Poké Balls after my two challenging captures. Lunatone was sent to Professor Juniper for the time being.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here