The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:02 PM
Chrisaur

Nature: Modest
INFERNO FANDANGO !!!!!

So my question today is, how to use this one ?

the ability says ; you may attach a fire energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon

and the Ability also says as often as you like during your turn

Sooooo , how many fire cards can I attach ?
Let's say I have 5 fire energies in my hand.....can I attach all 5 to one of my Pokemon, or 2 fire energies to one benched Pokemon and the other 3 to another benched Pokemon ? OR.....only 1 extra(cos I can already attach an energy once during my turn) fire energy during my turn

Thanks
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Renpuu
Gengar !

This card is very similar to Blastoise, except it uses water energy. When this card is on the bench, you can attach AS many FIRE ENERGY AS OFTEN as you CHOSE to ANY Pokemon. So if you're certain you want to attach 5 fire energy to one Pokemon, you can just attach them all at once. If you're unsure and you put 1 energy at a time onto the same or different Pokemon, it doesn't matter, the move is still accurate and correct.
So basically when this card is on the field, you can keep loading the same or different Pokemon with fire energy.
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Chrisaur

Nature: Modest
YES!!!! thanks !!!!
Cos I have 4 Reshiram in my deck, the outrage and blue flare one. So this is perfect for me.
Cos blue flare wants me to discard 2 fire energy, and I have a lot of fire energy cards in my deck, as well as energy retrieval trainer cards (well, only the allowed 4)
Thanks for your help.
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
How do I know which ones of my old cards are still playable? I got some trainer cards and I want to know if I can still play some of them.
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Rocket_Executive
SCIENCE

Nature: Sassy
It actually isn't that easy to find on the pokemon.com site, but each year they update the document stating what the modified format is under Play!Pokemon Rules and Resources.
For this year, the format is Black & White and everything released after it. Nothing older than Black & White is modified legal for tournaments.
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:25 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Specifically, this PDF right here: http://assets17.pokemon.com/assets/c...nd_Formats.pdf
Old April 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Question: What booster pack should I start buying for more Fire Types then any other. I just got an EX Victini and has inspired me to focus on a fire theme. I've looked through some booster packs like Unleashed and Noble Victories but the fire types in both those packs are awfully limited.

So does anyone have any suggestions for fire type booster packs or at least one that has a lot of them?
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
They have some decent fire cards and fire energy in the Druddigon theme deck. That's a good way to start.
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:19 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
Question: What booster pack should I start buying for more Fire Types then any other. I just got an EX Victini and has inspired me to focus on a fire theme. I've looked through some booster packs like Unleashed and Noble Victories but the fire types in both those packs are awfully limited.

So does anyone have any suggestions for fire type booster packs or at least one that has a lot of them?
Of all the most recent sets from Spring 2011 onward, Plasma Storm and Boundaries Crossed have the most fire types, though it's debatable whether they have the best fire types. I'm not sure which boosters have the most of all time, though, and that would require filtering through 60+ sets.
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:35 AM
google123
google123

Nature: Calm
i know there used to be a double battle format before in pokemon tcg but it is not allowed
anymore. anyone know how it was played. i'm just playing between friends
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:05 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I google'd it real quick. I hope this helps. *nervous lol*
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://compendium.pokegym.net/compendium-lvx.html#c10
Official rulings for the Two on Two format

Attacking

Q. In 2-on-2 Play, if one of the Defending Pokémon is a Baby Pokémon with the "Baby Rule" printed on it (not one of the newer ones with the "Baby Evolution" Poké-POWER), would the attacker have to flip a coin regardless of which of the Defending Pokémon they are attacking? Or would they only have to flip when attacking the Baby Pokémon?
A. It only counts if the Baby Pokémon itself is attacked. (Oct 16, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. In 2-on-2 Play, if both of the Defending Pokémon are Baby Pokémon with the "Baby Rule" printed on it (not one of the newer ones with the "Baby Evolution" Poké-POWER), would the attacker have to flip two coins in order to attack (one for each baby)?
A. No, you would only have to flip only one coin. (Oct 16, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. In 2-on-2 Play, if you are facing two babies and you use an attack that does something to BOTH Defenders, do you have to flip twice, once for each Baby?
A. When you attack, you choose a single Defending Pokémon to attack. Even if the attack says "each". So you would only have to flip once. (Oct 16, 2003 PUI Rules Team)
Strike and Run (Dunsparce - EXandstorm)

Q. If I use Dunsparce's "Strike and Run" in 2 on 2 play and Dunsparce is my only Pokémon, do I have to move a Pokémon up from the bench first before you choose to use the switch effect of the attack?
A. You would resolve Dunsparce's attack completely, before handling other game rules such as adding a second Active Pokémon (Mar 18, 2004 PUI Rules Team)
Tongue Reel (Lickilicky - Secret Wonders)

Q. In two vs. two battle, if I attack my opponent's benched Pokemon with Lickilicky's "Tongue Reel" attack, who chooses which of the Defending Pokemon to switch?
A. Lickilicky's owner chooses the Pokemon that will be attacked, as well as the Defending Pokemon to be switched, if any. (Feb 7, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Q. In two vs. two battle, when using Lickilicky's "Tongue Reel" attack can I do the damage to one Pokemon but flip to paralyze the other Active Pokemon?
A. No, the Paralyze check is done against the Pokemon chosen at the beginning of the attack. (Apr 10, 2008 PUI Rules Team)
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Renpuu
Gengar !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post

In terms of fire Pokemon they are spread out among the Black and White sets. In terms of play-ability, you could say that the original Reshiram is a good fire attacker, Blaziken from dark explorers is an okay fire attacker. Emboar is a good fire support Pokemon since he allows for energy acceleration on top of Victini- EX.

There is a "donk deck" using Heatmor discarding 4 fire energy from the top of the deck to deal a maximum of 200 damage. Using this with Ether and Pokedex, you can attempt to rearrange the top cards of your deck and try to power up a Heatmor in one turn.

The downside is that Blastoise is still a strong deck and you'll struggle with that match up.
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
And how are YOU today?
OK I brought a tin of cards from the B&W Next Destiny's. And inside was this plastic card.
I have no idea how TCG work, I just buy them coz I love the pictures on them and hang them on my bedroom door.

I have never ever seen this kind of card before, and was hoping someone might know a bit more then me. And I am sorry about the bad quality of the pictures, my phone is getting on in years.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old April 18th, 2013, 04:30 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

That's either:

a) An event pass.

or

b) A fake.

And from what I can tell from the grainy pictures, it looks more like a fake than an event pass, honestly.

I've never seen anything like that before, however.
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu View Post
And how are YOU today?
OK I brought a tin of cards from the B&W Next Destiny's. And inside was this plastic card.
I have no idea how TCG work, I just buy them coz I love the pictures on them and hang them on my bedroom door.

I have never ever seen this kind of card before, and was hoping someone might know a bit more then me. And I am sorry about the bad quality of the pictures, my phone is getting on in years.
Did you get this from a sealed tin? Or is it one of those grab bag kinds of things?

Also, I can't find a single mention of the exact same card, just some similar mentions here and there. Unfortunately no page that even mentions something similar has a solution to what it is.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 18th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

^ Sealed tin mate and was wrapped in plastic, I can tell is not a fake and I know fudge all about TCG's.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old April 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

What sort of sealed tin? That would be a help in identifying it.
Old April 18th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

I was a blue one with the evolved form on Raulio on it and this out of looking creature.

It was BLUE tin and was B&W next destiny's

I can only upload a pic tomorrow. Sorry

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old April 18th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I think you mean riolu? Maybe? Which would make that lucario. There hasnt been a B&W tin with lucario.
Old April 18th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon. View Post
hasnt been a B&W tin with lucario.
Yes there is, I will upload the pic tomorrow

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old April 18th, 2013, 07:54 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Chances are it's a fake. There was only ever one tin released with Lucario in it, but that was back in 2007, well before any of the Black & White sets were released.

A reference page containing information about all the tins ever released in English up to the end of the HGSS era: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...Tins_%28TCG%29 (still looking for the BW-on tin list, but that certainly doesn't have a tin featuring a Lucario card in it).

I am curious as to where you obtained the tin.

EDIT: A list of all the Black & White era TCG merchandise: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...es_merchandise

Only mention of Lucario is in a Checklane Blister pack. No tins at all.
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I think the jolteon thing is neat and all, jolteon is a great pokemon. But there hasnt been a lucario tin in the black and white era.
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:09 PM
google123
google123

Nature: Calm
DID THE PACK LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THESE ONES?

Old April 20th, 2013, 06:17 PM
vanillagfx
Togepi

So what is the main purpose(s) of joining local tournaments?

Youtube Channel.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:19 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillagfx View Post
So what is the main purpose(s) of joining local tournaments?
Really, it's just to play competitively and have an incentive to build a better deck.

And if you're joining officially sanctioned tournaments, you're showing The Pokemon Company International that there is still a serious player-base for the game. Some events you get prizes for, while others earn you competitive points towards being invited to Worlds if you do well enough.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links