The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 30th, 2013, 04:43 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Advertise here
As per the discussion linked to below, only cards from the Next Destinies set or later (or cards that have been reprinted in a set that is either Next Destinies or a set released after Next Destinies) are allowed to be used in Play!Pokemon's official tournament play for the 2013-2014 season.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=306528

As for casual play, you can play with whichever cards you want!
Old September 2nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
ImBlue
dabbadeedabadai

Nature: Quiet
Would you guys suggest opening up packs on PTCGO or using them as trade resources? I've got about 25 packs at the moment, 15 of which are plasma blast. I'm trying to make a usable deck, but don't know if I should open up the packs or trade them for some good cards. I'm not sure what deck I'm making in particular yet, so if that's a big deal as well let me know. Thanks!
Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:58 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Well, whether to open them or not depends on what you want to build for a deck, since you probably won't be able to get an entire deck from the Plasma Blast boosters you have.

Did you have any particular Pokemon in mind that you wanted to use?
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
ImBlue
dabbadeedabadai

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Well, whether to open them or not depends on what you want to build for a deck, since you probably won't be able to get an entire deck from the Plasma Blast boosters you have.

Did you have any particular Pokemon in mind that you wanted to use?
I was going for a Darkrai/Hydreigon deck (or Darkrai/Garbador, I just have more of the Hydreigon cards already) and I still needed some Sableye, an Absol, and a few trainers like Dark Patches and Skylas. I can get Darkrai's from the tins (I already have two) because then I can use them at real tournaments as well.

Oh, and of course I'll need a Virizion EX and Computer search, but if I can't get those I'm not too worried as this is more just so that I have something actually playable for expert mode on PTCGO and a Darkrai deck is the closest thing I have to being finished.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Then you'll probably want to use the booster codes as trade fodder. I am unfamiliar with the going rates for most cards in the TCG Online (I've yet to dive in), but you might need more boosters to get more of the cards you need, since last I checked (and this was before Plasma Storm had even been released) 1 booster in the TCGO was worth roughly what it would cost to get a single booster offline, so you could get a card valued at $4 offline for a single booster. Not sure if that still holds true or not, though.
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:28 AM
moviefan

As ridiculous as this sounds, and forgive me if it's the wrong topic, but my son wants a fake Bayleef card. It has a ridiculous HP and he knows it's fake, but he just wants it. My question is, where can I find such cards? I typed in fake Pokemon at ebay and only a handful came up. I've seen some other high HP cards at ebay (the high HP is a tell-tale sign that they're fake) but those people don't use the word "fake" anywhere. He has no idea how to play the game of Pokemon, he just likes the cards do I don't mind buying fake ones. I know they're out there, I just don't know where to get them.
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:44 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefan View Post
As ridiculous as this sounds, and forgive me if it's the wrong topic, but my son wants a fake Bayleef card. It has a ridiculous HP and he knows it's fake, but he just wants it. My question is, where can I find such cards? I typed in fake Pokemon at ebay and only a handful came up. I've seen some other high HP cards at ebay (the high HP is a tell-tale sign that they're fake) but those people don't use the word "fake" anywhere. He has no idea how to play the game of Pokemon, he just likes the cards do I don't mind buying fake ones. I know they're out there, I just don't know where to get them.
I've gone ahead and moved your post to the appropriate thread (Quick Questions Thread), and I'm not exactly sure where to buy reliably fake cards online.

I do know that you could ask someone who makes fakes for artistic purposes if you can print off a single copy of their card, though. There are quite a number of amazingly done artistic fakes in existence at sites like DeviantArt. Some of them look so real that you have to pay attention to all of the details of the card in order to determine if they're fake.
Old October 10th, 2013, 05:50 PM
google123
google123

Nature: Calm
hey. i wanted to know about this zoroark that has the move foul play. if it uses a move like reshirams blue flare (needs to discard 2 fire energies) and zorark has fire energies attached to it. does it discard its fire energies? also i wanted to know; if my pokemon is poisoned and has 10 hp left but has ability to heal 10 damage in between turns... which goes first the healing and then the poison or does it take damage from poison and faint before it can heal with its ability? i am very confused.

Last edited by google123; October 10th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old October 10th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Profen

nasty plot zoroark has to discard the fire energy if it uses that attack.
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:54 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by google123 View Post
hey. i wanted to know about this zoroark that has the move foul play. if it uses a move like reshirams blue flare (needs to discard 2 fire energies) and zorark has fire energies attached to it. does it discard its fire energies? also i wanted to know; if my pokemon is poisoned and has 10 hp left but has ability to heal 10 damage in between turns... which goes first the healing and then the poison or does it take damage from poison and faint before it can heal with its ability? i am very confused. :(
According to PokePop over at PokeGym, there is technically an order to it, but the order doesn't matter, since the Pokemon's HP at the END of the between-turns phase is what matters, since that's the part of the between turns phase that the checks for KO'ed Pokemon happens.
Old October 12th, 2013, 11:57 AM
google123
google123

so donavannj, youre telling me that my pokemon takes poison damage first?
Old October 12th, 2013, 12:31 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

EDIT: Which specific ability are you talking about?

Here are the threads that cover the answer that PokePop gave:

My original question: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread...lcuation-Order

Someone rephrasing my question for a different situation: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread...dary-Question)

Last edited by donavannj; October 12th, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
google123
google123

i want to know if energy removal can discard my special energy or only basic energy card?

Last edited by google123; October 28th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Profen

anyone know of the karlos starter set pokemon are part of the first set of x and y?
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:36 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by google123 View Post
i want to know if energy removal can discard my special energy or only basic energy card?
Totally forgot to reply to this one. As it's worded, I think you can remove both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profen View Post
anyone know of the karlos starter set pokemon are part of the first set of x and y?
Based on leaks from Sunday, they will not be part of the XY set. Instead, they'll follow their own numbering system much like the various Trainer Kits have: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik...fully_revealed
Old November 8th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Profen

that makes me kinda sad i want 4 for my beedrill deck and thats a lot to buy...
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:48 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profen View Post
that makes me kinda sad i want 4 for my beedrill deck and thats a lot to buy...
They might end up having all the cards printed in the XY set as well as in the Kalos Starter Set still. That's been the case with other specially numbered theme decks.
Old November 10th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Mesty
Deadpool

What's a good site that will ship overseas to military bases that is reliable?

Game: Pokemon X
3DS Friend Code: 4227-2023-1447
If you add my friend code please PM me letting me know so I can add you as well. Thanks!
Old November 10th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Fairy Tale~
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesty View Post
What's a good site that will ship overseas to military bases that is reliable?
well are you talking about buying site?

that whoever
believes in him Should not perish
but have eternal life."
John 3:16

Old November 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Mesty
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatMan4 View Post
well are you talking about buying site?
Yes yes sorry. I checked Amazon but it looks like they are all rip offs.

If you add my friend code please PM me letting me know so I can add you as well. Thanks!
Old November 10th, 2013, 05:59 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

You have to look for the right sellers on Amazon as well as on eBay. By and large, my experience has been that most lots on the two are legitimate.

As for other sellers, I have no idea if any of the more specialized sites will ship overseas or not, but sites that are worth checking out are Troll and Toad (which apparently costs a lot in shipping even domestically), PokeOrder, Professor Oak, and Collector's Cache, plus a few others that I cannot remember the names of right now.

Although it might just be cheaper to buy from a shop in the country you're stationed, or from an online shop based out of another EU country given the possibly ridiculous costs for shipping overseas.
Old November 11th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Mesty
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
You have to look for the right sellers on Amazon as well as on eBay. By and large, my experience has been that most lots on the two are legitimate.

As for other sellers, I have no idea if any of the more specialized sites will ship overseas or not, but sites that are worth checking out are Troll and Toad (which apparently costs a lot in shipping even domestically), PokeOrder, Professor Oak, and Collector's Cache, plus a few others that I cannot remember the names of right now.

Although it might just be cheaper to buy from a shop in the country you're stationed, or from an online shop based out of another EU country given the possibly ridiculous costs for shipping overseas.
I'm in Italy right now so I don't really wanna but Italian ones ;p But I will check those sites out for sure, thank you.

Old November 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM
brenndan

I'm planning on attending a regional in January for VGC but I was thinking I might do TCG too since I used to be pretty competitive. Could anyone tell me what sets will be legal in January?

Add my FC:5429-7984-3217
My friend safari is Gloom, Whirlepede, and Ariados.
Pm me if you add me, I accept all
Old November 17th, 2013, 08:33 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309435

The sets listed in the thread at the other end of that link will be what's legal in January. The next English set doesn't arrive until February.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:02 PM
siredav

Mew Prime has a Poké Power, See Off, that allows it use the attacks of any Pokémon in the Lost Zone. Cool Porygon has an attack called Texture Magic: "You may change Cool Porygon's Resistance to a type of your choice other than Colorless. If the Defending Pokémon has a Weakness, you may change it to a type of your choice other than Colorless. (Benching either Pokémon ends the effect on that Pokémon.)"

In Unlimited, what happens if Cool Porygon is in the Lost Zone, and I decide that Mew should use Texture Magic? Mew has no resistance. Can I give it a resistance of my choice anyway, or would it have no effect on resistance (but I could still change the opponent's weakness), or would I be unable to use the attack at all?

Thanks a lot!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here