The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Yes, they are in different languages.But both are from official Pokemon websites. The japanese website did not have the eeveelutions image. Only the English website posted it. Why would the Japanese website post it NOW and also with a minor change ?
https://www.facebook.com/Bulbagarden...51559844124668
Those are from two different sites dude. Both have been on thier respective sites since Feb 14th. That slyveon image has been up for months. Nothing has changed.
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:18 AM
realdonnyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
If it were that easy, they would have to fess up and reveal it. I don't think the Japanese would use that. And we tend to follow the Japanese.

Cyclone
It was a joke.... I think it's Ghost. Makes most sense to me, but they'll probably throw us for a loop and make it a Rock type!
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
To me, it's interesting that they're building up so much suspense for Sylveons type. They usually don't do that unless the pokemon serves an important purpose in the game/story/side-story.
Or maybe they just want us to think it's important :x Also it's interesting @ the pink text changed however I don't think there's much important to it as there likely isn't a love type sooo. :(
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

Hmmm as a flying type Pokemon I'm not convinced...give it wings then I'm sold. But I hope it's a Normal type Pokemon, cause really. Why not a Normal type Eeveelution evolution.
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Or maybe they just want us to think it's important :x Also it's interesting @ the pink text changed however I don't think there's much important to it as there likely isn't a love type sooo.
It didn't change. The English version doesn't have pink text.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Maybe the Mewtwo and Genesect movie trailer will have some small section of it be devoted to the Sylveon short...perhaps they could show it in it's native environment...
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dont think they'll give us any more clues. They seem to be hyping it's lack of a type for now and letting fans guess and speculate. I do think they enjoy that. It might also be a spoiler for the short so I think it may not be revealed for some time.
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:24 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
If Sylveon was a LOVE type Pokemon then all its attacks will be hugs and kisses?
So attacks will be like... rough love??? -dirty thoughts taking place- :D
srsly ppl it's not going to be this way it's probably normal, the pink bows remind me of the item that you give hold to normal Pokemon, so Sylveon is most likely an Eeveon.
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
If Sylveon was a LOVE type Pokemon then all its attacks will be hugs and kisses?
So attacks will be like... rough love??? -dirty thoughts taking place- :D
srsly ppl it's not going to be this way it's probably normal, the pink bows remind me of the item that you give hold to normal Pokemon, so Sylveon is most likely an Eeveon.
A Normal type is the last thing I expect it to be (unless counting dual types, which are 0% in my books).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 10th, 2013, 08:43 AM
MarinoKadame

I would prefer another design for a flying eevee, for me it's just not appealing to have this eeveelution be flying type.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old April 10th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Community Supporter

What do you guys think the stat distribution of Sylveon will be? If it's dragon I see it's stats being equally divided (with one or two having one more than the other as it has an odd numbered bst.)
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
If it's a new type, it'd be Light.

If not, I'm stuck between Flying and Ghost. Its butterfly ribbons and Wingull-coloured scarves make me think it's Flying; however, its moveset and its eyes make me think it's a Ghost type.

It definitely is interesting.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Imo, it is too late for a "Light" type to be introduced... Just look at Zekrom and Reshiram... aren't they like screaming Dark and Light? :v
Anyway, as of Sylveon's stats distribution: I think, since it is the lightest, it will be a frail and weak to physical attacks, so somthing like this imo:
HP 65
Atk 60
Def 65
SpAtk 130
SpDef 95
Spd 110
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Imo, it is too late for a "Light" type to be introduced... Just look at Zekrom and Reshiram... aren't they like screaming Dark and Light? :v
Anyway, as of Sylveon's stats distribution: I think, since it is the lightest, it will be a frail and weak to physical attacks, so somthing like this imo:
HP 65
Atk 60
Def 65
SpAtk 130
SpDef 95
Spd 110
Its never too late for them to make any kind of change they feel they should add. There have been Pokemon before that match other types better than what they have that doesn't take away from the potential of introducing it later.

There aren't many things I'll accept without plausible back up, but with Gamefreak you never know completely what you can get even with insurmountable proof. New types is something I'll stay open to until Pokemon adds them or dies because it can be done. Worst we'd get is a lot of bellyachin from fans.

As for stat spred...I'm kinda hopin that Sylveon is more HP like Vaporeon. I like everything else though.
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
What do you guys think the stat distribution of Sylveon will be? If it's dragon I see it's stats being equally divided (with one or two having one more than the other as it has an odd numbered bst.)
Looks like high special attack, or attack, but definitely speed. I don't see it as slow really.
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Looks like high special attack, or attack, but definitely speed. I don't see it as slow really.
I'm agreeing with high speed. It has a Flying attribute in some way, whether actual Flying or Ghost. And it's the lightest Eeveelution. It BETTER be fast.

Cyclone

Old April 11th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:

How on Earth does Sylveon look remotely draconic? Sure, we have had some unusual dragons such as Shelgon and Vibrava, but Sylveon doesn't look like a dragon at all. Shelgon and Vibrava kinda have some draconic qualities I suppose, but Sylveon have no relation to dragons what so ever.

Can someone please explain to me why people think this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
If it's a new type, it'd be Light.

If not, I'm stuck between Flying and Ghost. Its butterfly ribbons and Wingull-coloured scarves make me think it's Flying; however, its moveset and its eyes make me think it's a Ghost type.

It definitely is interesting.

Interesting post...

...wait, MOVESET!?!?!!!!???!!??!

HOW DO YOU ALREADY KNOW ITS MOVESET? Has GF released the moveset?

Gen 6.

Last edited by Archeops12354; April 11th, 2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
Interesting post...

...wait, MOVESET!?!?!!!!???!!??!

HOW DO YOU ALREADY KNOW ITS MOVESET? Has GF released the moveset?
Based on the video. We don't have its full moveset.

And those moves are all learned by Eevee.

Cyclone

Old April 11th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Community Supporter

All eeveelutions learn those moves, so I don't think the moves we saw in that trailer mean much for it's typing.
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
All eeveelutions learn those moves, so I don't think the moves we saw in that trailer mean much for it's typing.
To clarify again, no. Eevee learns all moves shown. Trump Card is not learned by any Eeveelution.

Cyclone

Old April 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Community Supporter

Oh right, forgot about trump card...
Hopefully they'll give Sylveon good moves that'll match it's type and stats (whatever those may be), and not end up the same way as Flareon...
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
How on Earth does Sylveon look remotely draconic? Sure, we have had some unusual dragons such as Shelgon and Vibrava, but Sylveon doesn't look like a dragon at all. Shelgon and Vibrava kinda have some draconic qualities I suppose, but Sylveon have no relation to dragons what so ever.

Can someone please explain to me why people think this?
Shellgon is a ball with legs. That has nothing to do with Dragons at all and looks the least like a dragon out of all the dragons. Sylveon's color scheme is the same as the Dragon type button. Altaria shares about as much dragon qualities as Sylveon.

Its also called personal opinion. To some it looks like a dragon. To others its flying. I see no flying qualities in Sylveon and see more Normal or Dragon in it.
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
has there been any official cry for Sylveon yet? if so where can I listen to it? is it any good?
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Can't say we've heard what Sylveon, or any of the other new Pokémon for that matter, sound like. Hopefully, GameFreak develops a higher quality cry for Sylveon and Co. since they're working on a much better system.

This is something we can talk about in the "All Things Sylveon" thread though, so let's take it over there.
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Forever
let it go

I think Sylveon will probably have a musical-sounding cry, kinda like a wind chime or something along those lines?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here