The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Larry10129
Unhatched Egg

Surely it'll be flying type
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Elephantomsk
Unhatched Egg

It doesn't really feel like an Eeveeon to me, but I'm guessing it just hasn't grown on me yet?
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I think Sylveon will probably have a musical-sounding cry, kinda like a wind chime or something along those lines?
That's not a bad guess. If I had to guess, I'd probably assume the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephantomsk View Post
It doesn't really feel like an Eeveeon to me, but I'm guessing it just hasn't grown on me yet?
When Sylveon was first released and all we saw was its silhouette, I presumed it was a new Eeveelution from the get-go. When seeing what it looked like, its appearance definitely caught me off guard. It was more obscure than the other Eevee evolutions and its design had more of a flair to it. Overtime though I began to like it, and the more I warmed up to it, I began to see it as part of the group. So I'd say for some it definitely might take some time getting used to before they really see it as a new Eeveelution and part of the family.
Old April 13th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
That's not a bad guess. If I had to guess, I'd probably assume the same thing.
If anything, something similar to Glaceon's would be really cool, since Glaceon's cry is pretty musical, I suppose? o.o
Old April 13th, 2013, 02:29 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Glaceon's cry is my favorite of the eeveelutions, so I hope it's something similar.
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Arceus_17
Unhatched Egg

The mere fact that it learns the move Silver Wind marks him as a Flying or Bug type. It's physical appearance also screams Flying. I'm pretty sure that is Sylveon's mysteriious type.
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus_17 View Post
The mere fact that it learns the move Silver Wind marks him as a Flying or Bug type. It's physical appearance also screams Flying. I'm pretty sure that is Sylveon's mysteriious type.
So it's probably flying in that case? o.o But how do you know whether or not it knows Silver Wind (unless there's something I'm missing here)?
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
It learns Silver Wind???
Also, its appearance doesn't scream Flying, it doesn't have wings or feathers... it is screaming Normal if you ask anyone.

Last edited by Kurapika; April 14th, 2013 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
It learns Silver Wind???
Also, its appearance doesn't scream Flying, it doesn't have wings or feathers... it is screaming Normal if you ask anyone.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was leaning towards, since a lot of Normal-types share the same (or similar) coloring that Sylveon has. :x
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
There is no evidence that it learns Silver Wind that I've seen.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 14th, 2013, 07:32 AM
8hachi8
The Phantom Trainer :P

Nature: Relaxed
In my opinion,it will be Flying type or Normal type.
But I wish it's not Normal type!

I am new here.Help is appreciated.
Old April 14th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Arceus_17
Unhatched Egg

I'm very sorry. I saw in Pokémon Wikipedia, a couple of weeks ago, that Sylveon could be seen using the move Silver Wind, but since they already removed it, ii was apparently mislead. Apologies :$
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
I'm very sorry. I saw in Pokémon Wikipedia, a couple of weeks ago, that Sylveon could be seen using the move Silver Wind, but since they already removed it, ii was apparently mislead. Apologies :$
You have to be careful with information at sites like that. Bulbapedia - while the same type of site - is quick to remove speculation like that, but some sites may not be so much. (Heck, their page about Sylveon is locked to PREVENT speculation. Also makes it hard for actual truthful edits to be made unless you're on staff.)

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 14th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dont think it is screaming Normal either,it isn't really screaming anything tbh.
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:27 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
"Not screaming anything" generally means Normal, though.

Old April 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I just dont nessesarily think it has to be normal just because it dosent look like any particular type. There's a reason it was made that way IMO. I think it may even be a new type. It could happen.
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
I just dont nessesarily think it has to be normal just because it dosent look like any particular type. There's a reason it was made that way IMO. I think it may even be a new type. It could happen.
Pokemon usually share the colors of the type that they represent. Dragons are usually blue-ish and their shiny forms are green (if I'm correct). Psychic Pokemon usually have a distinct...flair about them, Fire Pokemon have a distinct "fire-y" aspect about them, things of that nature, y'know? So I guess to me, it represents Normal because it shares that kind of color with the majority of Normal types out there, which turn out to be White/Pink/Grey anyway.
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
We're not saying it is Normal typed or probably Normal typed. Normal typed eeveelution is the least one expected and wanted by fans. We're just saying that Sylveon's physical appearance is more Normal-ish (or Psychic-ish) than anything else.

And like François said
Quote:
"Not screaming anything" generally means Normal, though.
I am personally expecting it to be either new type, Normal type (in which case it should better have some unique ability, something to do with ADN or I dunno), Ghost or Flying type (Altough I don't see it really as Ghost/Flying)
I discarded the Bug option because those legs, ears, tail, ... are far from being Bug-ish.
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:38 PM
GrayJM9
Playing White 2

Nature: Bold
It's obviously Normal type I don't see why this is even a question.
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Its a question because they havent announced the type yet.
Old April 14th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJM9 View Post
It isn't obvious, that's why there's so much debate about what type it might be. They're making a point over it's type being hidden.
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:12 AM
metalhand

hi guys! my first post here
first of all i want to say that my english is not so good so excuse me if something i wrote seems weird.
i really hate to not know something, and all this sylveon mystery type annoys me alot, after i tried so much to find his type i believe that sylveon gonna be a ghost type(not say this as a fact, just my guess).
first of when i look at sylveon's eyes it seems to me as a dead creature/ghost's eyes, it popped out to me espcially when i saw a picture of all eeveelutions inculde sylveon stand in line(i wish knew where i saw this picture so i could show you)
also i see a connection between the butterfly to its type, i know most of you say that this are a bugs and this is a sign that sylveon is a bug type, but when i look at this in a ghost connection i see a dead ghost, in a lot of culture(even i was told so when i was a kid) butterfly are a dead souls, it was shown also in bleach(when a soul send to soul society a butterfly show up), some of you may say that sylveon don't look like a ghost pokemon(which most of them pretty creepy, personally i think this thing's eyes are creepy), but may sylveon is refer to a good soul(like in bleach only when a soul send to soul society which is like rest in peace the butterfly shows up).
i also know that ribbons have some onnection to death, but i don't remember what is the connection(if i recall right there is a asian belief that there are some silk ribbons that connect the body and soul).
evolution method-make eevee faint hundred time nd then he will die and become a sylveon :D

anyway, hope that my guess seems logical and not to see that i'm just crazy(which is pertty possible ).
so, what do you think?

Last edited by metalhand; April 15th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJM9 View Post
No, it's so obvious that it's Ghost type because of the eyes (though they could be Bug), its weight, and the fact that it floats.

See what I did there? Nothing is obvious, we just have our reasons why it's obvious to us. And many of us will be wrong.

Cyclone

Old April 15th, 2013, 08:01 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
No, it's so obvious that it's Ghost type because of the eyes (though they could be Bug), its weight, and the fact that it floats.

See what I did there? Nothing is obvious, we just have our reasons why it's obvious to us. And many of us will be wrong.

Cyclone
of course, i just wanted to show my guess and explain why, i can easily see why people think i gonna be a normal type(which is my second guess), bug or new type.
no one said that its obvious, just a speculation
Old April 15th, 2013, 08:06 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

^ It looks like you didn't notice what he quoted.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links