The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
i really wish sylveon will be a new type, not because i really want one(i don't care ift a new type will be introduced), just because i don't want the bug/flying/dragon/ghost/normal eeveelution look like this, to me it doesn't seems to fit any of those types
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
^ Pretty much this. If Sylveon isn't new type or Normal type it isi really a "WTH Game Freak?" ...
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Honestly, as long as Sylveon is good in battle, I'm fine with whatever type it is.

Gen 6.
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Vegetunks937
The Superior Fusion

Nature: Hardy
See what i have found when i watched the video of the trailer of Extreme Speed Genesect and the Awakening of Mewtwo.

I have added some things see what i think about the new type of the sylveon

Legendary Trio Challenge

Last edited by Guy; April 18th, 2013 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
At this point, It could either really be a handful of things, because it seems that each eeveelution matches the color of the their type (and I'm still sticking to my theory on this). It could either be Flying (which is strange because flying is naturally a blue-ish color, but this is GF, after all), or Dragon (in which I hardly see evidence for going by it's physical appearance, but you never know, I guess). .___.

Quote:
Honestly, as long as Sylveon is good in battle, I'm fine with whatever type it is.
From the little scene we saw in the movie about it, expect a special attacker. That's all I'll say. Perhaps a special flying type, if it comes to that (not that we really have enough of those anyway. Good ones anyway, not since Togekiss in Gen IV).
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetunks937 View Post
See what i have found when i watched the video of the trailer of Extreme Speed Genesect and the Awakening of Mewtwo.

I have added some things see what i think about the new type of the sylveon

Spoiler:
The "feather" is supposedly Sylveon's ear. Same shape. Even if not its the same shape as the Insect badge so it really doesn't confirm anything. GF is still messing with us.
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Forever
let it go

I agree with it being Flying based upon the egg even if it's meant to match the ear as Xander said. Flying has never had a pink-ish connotation from what I remember, though. :( So that's... unusual?
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Arceus_17
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
At this point, It could either really be a handful of things, because it seems that each eeveelution matches the color of the their type (and I'm still sticking to my theory on this). It could either be Flying (which is strange because flying is naturally a blue-ish color, but this is GF, after all), or Dragon (in which I hardly see evidence for going by it's physical appearance, but you never know, I guess). .___.

From the little scene we saw in the movie about it, expect a special attacker. That's all I'll say. Perhaps a special flying type, if it comes to that (not that we really have enough of those anyway. Good ones anyway, not since Togekiss in Gen IV).

Gen V brought us perhaps the best special flying-type we know: Tornadus-T.
Old April 18th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'm sorry, I still don't see it as Flying type. I don't follow your logic, Vegetunks.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 18th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I think I'm going to use Slyveon, and I a lot of people are. It'll be the first Eevee I'd use in a team. I hope it's a good type, and I think it'll be flying
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

After seeing the trailer for the short film, Im thinking it's a new type even more. The move/ability it used I didnt think seemed to be anything an existing type does, and pink isn't really represented by any particular type, I noticed it's streamers glowed bright pink. The "egg" pattern on that picture could literally mean anything as there are many animals that hatch from eggs. I just cannot tell right now and I dont think they'd be making this much fuss for something already existing.

It seemed kinda spacy/cosmic looking at it again. Perhaps there might be a Cosmic/Celestial type in Gen 6.
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
There are a lot of Normal/Flying-types. Perhaps Sylveon is a pure Flying-type with a Normal-type colour scheme, since I doubt they'd break the "one type" trend.

Still kinda makes sense to me. I can see it now: a flying herd(?) of Sylveon floating in the sky, migrating to the south...

It actually looks quite silly.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
The Spanish leaker who leaked Newtwo has said on multiple occasions that Sylveon is in fact Flying-type. I'm not saying it's confirmed, but that's pretty interesting.

Source
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

I love how the people in the Spanish forum are practically saying the exact same things as we are... the wing in the egg, Burgh's badge, how it shares no similarity to Flying-types as of yet (notably, "Can someone tell me how the heck that looks like a Flying type?").. then some type discussion how new types aren't necessary - there enough as it is - yet some are still speculating otherwise.

Damn you, designers of Sylveon.

Other speculation threads:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-30...-i-can-fly.htm
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-30...as-sylveon.htm

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club

Last edited by Yusshin; April 18th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
But Sylveon being a pure Flying type will only ruin the Eeveelution special theory (all Eeveelutions are types that are formerly special-based prior to Gen IV, meaning Dragon would've been the most logical type for Sylveon). I hope that Spanish leaker was only lucky for guessing Mewtwo's forme right.
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
But Sylveon being a pure Flying type will only ruin the Eeveelution special theory (all Eeveelutions are types that are formerly special-based prior to Gen IV, meaning Dragon would've been the most logical type for Sylveon). I hope that Spanish leaker was only lucky for guessing Mewtwo's forme right.
Did the leaker actually get the image right? Might that be why we're seeing it now?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 18th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Forever
let it go

I hope the leaker is right. Perhaps he's this version of Black and White's main leaker at the end :x Plus Flying makes sooo much sense!
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:09 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Someone earlier mentioned the "egg" may be a cocoon, I can actually see how that may be possible...I also see a stylized Claw, so Bug or Dragon?
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Someone earlier mentioned the "egg" may be a cocoon, I can actually see how that may be possible...I also see a stylized Claw, so Bug or Dragon?
Never thought of it that way, but now more and more Bug evidence is coming out (plus my post the other day, and the note that the icon on the cocoon/egg resembles Burgh's Gym badge). I think that's it, ladies and gents. At this point, if it isn't Bug, I'll be surprised.

I will be interested in seeing if the person I quoted returns to that forum just to gloat at the people who told him he was making up support for his theory. :D

After thread research, I've located on a search for "Bug" the following comment of mine from March 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Swift meanwhile can be learned naturally by 11 different types, none of which include Ghost. I see Bug, Steel, Flying, and Fighting among those types.
If I'd paid attention to my own comment, I'd have dropped the Ghost guess a long time ago. Sylveon would be the first Ghost type to be able to use it. Yeah, not likely.

Also, I found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude View Post
I was thinking because the butterfly bows then bug type but the video only shows moves Eevee learns so it is extremely difficult to tell but I could imagine it using Quiver Dance
That Dude is officially the first to firmly suggest Bug. If Sylveon ends up being Bug type, That Dude is licensed to gloat.

I however now agree: Sylveon is a Bug type.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; April 18th, 2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Add
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:45 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
The key word there being formerly. Why is everyone so hung on these so called patterns 24/7? The only 'pattern' that should really matter when it comes to Eeveelutions is how each represents a sole type.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
The key word there being formerly. Why is everyone so hung on these so called patterns 24/7? The only 'pattern' that should really matter when it comes to Eeveelutions is how each represents a sole type.
Agreeing with this post entirely. Why does it matter if they all follow a special, or even a physical typing? I'd personally like some change of pace for once, as I've always really been an advocate for some change of tradition here and there, really. Especially since most of the types we've been guessing for it seem to be more physical-types anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if this really was the case.
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:27 AM
zypher634
zypher634

Send a message via Skype™ to zypher634
imo if they (gamefreak) were going to make a dragon type or flying type eevee then they would've made them in gen 3 and 5.they wouldn't have waited till now to make a new one. plus the thing with sylveon is that its a great marketing technique so you will want to play the game more s you can figr out what type sylveon and all the other pokemon will be

my best team is explained by the picture. the 6th member depends on who im challenging.

you can view my nuzlocke run and other awesome videos at www.youtube.com/zypher634

Friendcode for Black version : 0863-2606-8000
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zypher634 View Post
imo if they (gamefreak) were going to make a dragon type or flying type eevee then they would've made them in gen 3 and 5.they wouldn't have waited till now to make a new one. plus the thing with sylveon is that its a great marketing technique so you will want to play the game more s you can figr out what type sylveon and all the other pokemon will be
Yep. It's not out of GF's circle to do these kinds of things, really. Case in point: Braviary in Gen 5. A lot of us who saw Braviary's silhouette immediately assumed "FEAROW EVO", while GF had massive gigglefits and then promptly revealed Braviary itself, going all "nope lol you guys are so wrong". That and the new Kyurem formes in BW2, but those were more or less easy to guess.

Sylveon, I'd say, would be more of a drawn-out trick being played on us. .___. It's already been two months (?) since it's announcement and no-type yet, though at least we're at least getting some heavy hints (however unhelpful they may be, sadly).
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:41 AM
zypher634
zypher634

Send a message via Skype™ to zypher634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Yep. It's not out of GF's circle to do these kinds of things, really. Case in point: Braviary in Gen 5. A lot of us who saw Braviary's silhouette immediately assumed "FEAROW EVO", while GF had massive gigglefits and then promptly revealed Braviary itself, going all "nope lol you guys are so wrong". That and the new Kyurem formes in BW2, but those were more or less easy to guess.

Sylveon, I'd say, would be more of a drawn-out trick being played on us. .___. It's already been two months (?) since it's announcement and no-type yet, though at least we're at least getting some heavy hints (however unhelpful they may be, sadly).
at least we got some closure with mewtwo and its new forme. the video on pokemon.com is really awesome yet still leaves questions. just like sylveon. they just need to announce something else besides mewtwo and sylveon. maybe give us the starters evos? I just wanna know if fennekin is a damn fire fightng

my best team is explained by the picture. the 6th member depends on who im challenging.

you can view my nuzlocke run and other awesome videos at www.youtube.com/zypher634

Friendcode for Black version : 0863-2606-8000
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Flying has never had a pink-ish connotation from what I remember, though. So that's... unusual?
Are you forgetting hoppip? It just screams pink.

Spoiler:

Gen 6.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links