Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2013 (07:20 AM).
Forever
let it go

Just wondering... do you guys think you'd be more interested in Sylveon/speculating on it like crazy if it was released closer to the movie aka July, than now?
Old April 24th, 2013 (08:17 AM).
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Unless I'm hugely missing something, why does it really matter whether or not the tradition of eevee's evolutions being "special-typed" is broken or not? It seems that, the more that I look at it, that it seems like something that's likely to happen anyway, sooner or later. But like I said, I could be missing something here. I was merely skimming through this entire debate, after all. x_x
I was just showing why I disagreed when Pinkie brought it up as to why eevee might be Dragon-typed and the whole importance of patterns/tradition or whatever. Apparently there was a big misunderstanding because I'm not even sure how it got as crazy as it did, haha.

Quote originally posted by Forever:
Just wondering... do you guys think you'd be more interested in Sylveon/speculating on it like crazy if it was released closer to the movie aka July, than now?
Yeah because if they really aren't going to show anything more until then, seems like a couple months wasted when it could have been better suited for a few months before the movie. There's only so much they can reveal if they do want to keep the typing a surprise and not let something big slip until the movie.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
Old April 24th, 2013 (08:43 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Forever:
Honestly, I feel it's going to happen anyway. People are going to be constantly curious about the types of Sylveon, its characteristics, the moves that i can learn, its possible abilities, things of that nature because it has been almost what, 2 or 3 months since it's introduction and we still know nothing about it. A few hints have been given by GF (even a huge major one with it in some kind of "egg"), but they're so obscure that basically, they flew over people's heads. So it's not like really anything is really helping here, and it'll basically continue and it'll only get stronger as the release date looms closer to the movie.

That's just what I see happening, anyway.
Old April 24th, 2013 (11:39 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I think at this point, unless anything gets revealed, that we're pretty much beating the dead horse by speculating Sylveon. It doesn't really matter when it got released honestly, as the same thing would still occur for its typing. However, there just isn't a whole lot to keep speculating on until we get more hints or actual confirmation from Game Freak. Who knows how far off that is though =x
Old April 24th, 2013 (11:51 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
I think at this point, unless anything gets revealed, that we're pretty much beating the dead horse by speculating Sylveon. It doesn't really matter when it got released honestly, as the same thing would still occur for its typing. However, there just isn't a whole lot to keep speculating on until we get more hints or actual confirmation from Game Freak. Who knows how far off that is though =x
Like I said, it's more or less going to keep going in circles. Doubly so if more information gets revealed on it. I don't see that changing until the type gets revealed for it. x_x
Old April 24th, 2013 (03:28 PM).
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Since everyone seems bored of talking about its type, I am going to post this picture to lighten things up:

x3 As creepy as this is, it got me thinking... What are its bows made of? o.O
Old April 24th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I'm just going to take a shot in the dark here and make an assumption that its Bows are more like aesthetics than anything to have any real effect on it's powers, but that is, of course, a wild guess more than anything.
Old April 24th, 2013 (05:41 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I've...never thought about what they may be made out of 0_o. Maybe it's typing will hint at it? Of course it could be like Machoke's belt...pokémon get clothes randomly...
Old April 25th, 2013 (05:35 AM).
Forever
let it go

I think it's made from its skin tbh. Cinccino kinda looked that way and it could just have... unique skin! n_n
Old April 25th, 2013 (01:09 PM).
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
At first I thought it was just aesthetic, but then in the movie trailer they light up when it attacks. So they are definitely attached to its body... Maybe it is its hair or fur that grew long. But the idea of them being flesh... is eww.

But I like the unique skin I idea x3
Old April 25th, 2013 (05:14 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

It could also be part of it's skin but...I dunno, it doesn't really look that way to me, much. u___u Then again, I could be wrong, I guess. I suppose they are part of it's skin, in a sense...
Old April 25th, 2013 (05:53 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Some people think that the clothes on Pokemon is actually skin/fur. Like Machoke's and Machamp's underwear thing. A some thing that is just skin. We know that Scraggy and Scrafty's Pants are excess skin. In the Stadium games and most 3D games after that, everything but Jynx's hair disappears leading a lot to believe that Jynx doesn't have an actual body but the clothes is its real body.

There was also the rumor that Sawk and Throh's judo uniforms are fur that is tied together to mock human versions of their look.

Glaceon's headgear is also part of its actual body...so really its bows and ribbons being made of its flesh or being tentacles makes some sense.
Old April 25th, 2013 (08:13 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'd imagine that it would be part of its physical being. It's not out of the realm of possibility for them to be there for aesthetics or anything, but I'm having a hard time picturing Eevee evolving and then random ribbons and bows that aren't actually part of it spontaneously appearing =P Then again I always felt the same way for the cases Xander listed above too =P
Old April 26th, 2013 (01:58 AM).
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Some people think that the clothes on Pokemon is actually skin/fur. Like Machoke's and Machamp's underwear thing. A some thing that is just skin. We know that Scraggy and Scrafty's Pants are excess skin. In the Stadium games and most 3D games after that, everything but Jynx's hair disappears leading a lot to believe that Jynx doesn't have an actual body but the clothes is its real body.

There was also the rumor that Sawk and Throh's judo uniforms are fur that is tied together to mock human versions of their look.

Glaceon's headgear is also part of its actual body...so really its bows and ribbons being made of its flesh or being tentacles makes some sense.
Aside from the Scraggy/Scrafty thing, all the rest are kind of creepy, haha. Glaceon appears to be pretty obvious but the thought of Machop line's underwear thing is weird on so many levels. With Sawk and Throh, are you saying that they made their robes out of fur? If so, that's something I thought happened with them since they don't have pre-vos to really judge where they came from.

Jynx has always been the crazy one within the dress(behind the facial features) but it does appear that the dress is just it's body.

Sylveon's ribbons look like part of it's body to me, too.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
Old April 26th, 2013 (12:43 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I think they're probably like Glaceon's headgear, part of it. though the one behind it looks strange...maybe it uses it's fur for attacks like Mienfoo's line.
Old May 5th, 2013 (04:23 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Clever Girl

Nature: Quirky
The guys at 4chan are now believing that Sylveon will be a Fighting type instead of Fairy becasuse of what was shown in the latest episode of Pokemon Smash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm0mJOMwQO8
Old May 5th, 2013 (04:34 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

A preview of news about Sylveon next week. Interesting!

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 5th, 2013 (04:37 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
4chan also said it was flying type since they had the paper airplane throwing event...The mini events, even with Pokemon cosplayers are there for fun and nothing else.

While Sylveon can be fighting, the smash cosplay events don't mean or hint towards anything.
Old May 5th, 2013 (06:48 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
4chan also said it was flying type since they had the paper airplane throwing event...The mini events, even with Pokemon cosplayers are there for fun and nothing else.

While Sylveon can be fighting, the smash cosplay events don't mean or hint towards anything.
I honestly think the part of the statement to pay attention to in the prior comments is "4chan". This immediately invalidates whatever is said.

Though 4chan humour on uniboobs would be interesting.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 5th, 2013 (07:57 PM).
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Yeah, there's no way that Smash footage means it's a Fighting-type. It's just someone in a Sylveon costume messing around with nunchuks, nothing more. =P
Old May 5th, 2013 (10:11 PM).
Jigglymilk
Night Of The Final Day

Nature: Sassy
I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. If it is please close it But I had to bring up the fairy type. I know it's probably been discussed elsewhere but I felt like talking about it. To me, a LOT of signs point to Sylveon introducing the fairy type. It's been a while since we've had a new type, and while things are fine now, a new type could open up a WORLD of new pokemon... and new type advantage/disadvantages. I'll make some points...

1. In gen II, Umbreon introduced the dark type. It is even the first dark pokemon in the pokedex. Wouldn't it make since for this mysterious new eeveelution to introduce the new type as well?

2. Why is it so important to keep Sylveon's type a mystery? Glaceon and Leafeon were revealed in a fairly non-chalant manor as ice and grass types respectively. What is so special about Sylveon? Which leads to the third point...

3. What IS so special about Sylveon? This new movie seems like it will center on her in some way... why hasn't any other eeveelution had a large involvement in a movie like this? Could be because Sylveon is introducing a brand new type to the series?

4. All other eeveelutions are CLEAR representations of their respective types, and are pretty much symbols of said type. Vaporeon is clearly water, Leafeon is clearly grass, Flareon is clearly fire etc. Why is Sylveon so mysterious? It doesn't look like any current type. Flying and dragon somewhat, but it isn't a clear representation.

5. The movie trailer showed the eeveelutions with each of their own little backgrounds. Sylveon was in a pink background that seemed to be shaped like an egg. If you looked closely, you can see what looks like a small wing inside the egg. This could mean flying type, but since when is flying's color pink? The flying type palette is usually a pale blue-ish color.

6. Gen 5 was supposed to be like a new beggining, IE: The new gen 1. So if gen 5 is the new gen 1, that would make gen 6 like the new gen 2. Gen 2 introduced new types... this one is probably looking too far into it, but you know what I mean.
Old May 6th, 2013 (10:10 AM).
Gary's Ho-oh
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
So that video of Pokémon Smash... What is the preview talking about? I don't care what it LOOKS like they're saying (doubt it's fighting type) but I want to know what they're ACTUALLY saying in the preview. (aka got a translation?)
Old May 9th, 2013 (06:13 AM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Bows are made of fabric and bugs have something to do with that right? Like the Sewaddle family from Gen 5. Sylveon really could be Bug type.
Old May 9th, 2013 (08:16 AM).
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Branellope
The Eeveelutions make their type so obvious. The fact that there's even any doubt over Sylveon's type suggests it's a new type.
Everyday I'm becoming more and more open to a Fairy type, to the point where I'm even using it in my own hack (which funnily enough, has Sylveon in it XD).
Old May 9th, 2013 (08:30 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by Branellope:
The Eeveelutions make their type so obvious. The fact that there's even any doubt over Sylveon's type suggests it's a new type.
Everyday I'm becoming more and more open to a Fairy type, to the point where I'm even using it in my own hack (which funnily enough, has Sylveon in it XD).
You don't know that for sure :x I mean there's certainly hints to Flying, and Flying would fit in with Fairy, so I'm betting Sylveon is Flying tbh.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links