The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2013 (08:52 AM). Edited May 9th, 2013 by Branellope.
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Branellope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
You don't know that for sure :x I mean there's certainly hints to Flying, and Flying would fit in with Fairy, so I'm betting Sylveon is Flying tbh.
Like I said, there's doubt. It doesn't look like it 100% fits into one type. All the other Eeveelutions look 100% like their type. Sylveon doesn't look like an obvious flying type (an obvious flying type would have wings).

Oh, and why would they keep the type so secret for just a type that we already have?
Old May 9th, 2013 (09:07 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Oh, and why would they keep the type so secret for just a type that we already have?
To troll the fans. Gamefreak knows how to troll people too, you know. And they do it quite well.
Old May 9th, 2013 (09:24 AM).
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
To troll the fans. Gamefreak knows how to troll people too, you know. And they do it quite well.
Still, 3 months for it to be Normal or Flying is a bit excessive XD
Old May 9th, 2013 (03:03 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
That'll be horrible, but I guess it could be. I'm still hoping it's Dragon.
Old May 9th, 2013 (03:37 PM).
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
I am hoping its type will make sense...
Old May 10th, 2013 (08:37 AM).
Geoffery
Blaziken is best!

Nature: Jolly
Many are saying "oh it's normal type! Oh its flying!" Well i say they made an entirely new type. Maybe its awesome type.
Old May 10th, 2013 (11:51 AM).
TenaciousWolf
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
I'd like to see Sylveon be a bug type. It has big, beady eyes, and although otherwise its design is nothing like a bug type, its name origin comes from bug-like pixies. Also, in a trailer featuring it in the upcoming Pokemon movie, there was a quick scene showing Sylveon in a grassy field, which is often associated with grass or bug types. Maybe just some wishful thinking here, though.

Forever a fan of Lickitung.
Old May 10th, 2013 (12:38 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousWolf View Post
I'd like to see Sylveon be a bug type. It has big, beady eyes, and although otherwise its design is nothing like a bug type, its name origin comes from bug-like pixies. Also, in a trailer featuring it in the upcoming Pokemon movie, there was a quick scene showing Sylveon in a grassy field, which is often associated with grass or bug types. Maybe just some wishful thinking here, though.
After a connection made with a newly released image linked to Bug type being plausible - plus something I found in another forum from February - I firmly think it's Bug type now. I can't claim it as my first guess, unfortunately.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 10th, 2013 (01:11 PM). Edited May 10th, 2013 by Khrysta.
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
After a connection made with a newly released image linked to Bug type being plausible - plus something I found in another forum from February - I firmly think it's Bug type now. I can't claim it as my first guess, unfortunately.

Cyclone

Pixies have never been associated with insects owo

Quote:
Pixies (also Pixy, Pixi, Pizkie, Piskies and Pigsies as they are sometimes known in Cornwall) are mythical creatures of folklore, considered to be particularly concentrated in the high moorland areas around Devon[1] and Cornwall,[2] suggesting some Celtic origin for the belief and name. Akin to the Irish and Scottish sidhe, pixies are believed to inhabit ancient underground ancestor sites such as stone circles, barrows, quoits, rounds or standing stones.[3] In traditional regional lore, they are generally benign, mischievous, short of stature and attractively childlike; they are fond of dancing and gather outdoors in huge numbers to dance, or sometimes wrestle, through the night, demonstrating parallels with the Cornish plen-an-gwary and Breton Fest Noz (Cornish: troyl) folk celebrations originating in the medieval period. In modern times they are usually depicted with pointed ears, and often wearing a green outfit and pointed hat. Sometimes their eyes are described as being pointed upwards at the temple ends. These, however, are Victorian Era conventions and not part of the older mythology.
In modern use, the term can be synonymous with fairies or sprites. However, in folklore there is a traditional enmity, and even war between the two races.[4]
Sylveon also has the exact same eye design as all of the eevee evolutions, except Umbreon who has completely different eyes, with it being opened wider than the others. Its eyes looks exactly the same as the others and the others aren't bugs so I do not see any connection...

Also Fairies, Pixies are humanoid mostly wingless creatures. Only since Disney's twisted view did they get bug like wings. Traditional fairies and pixes don't have anything to do with bugs.
Old May 10th, 2013 (02:41 PM).
Community Supporter

Well we got to remember that anime and other Japanese media was inspired by Disney...just look at Celebi having almost bug like wings. speaking of Celebi, it's based on a fairy yet doesn't have bug the same could be said about Sylveon.
Old May 10th, 2013 (03:06 PM).
Azu
GAAOOOOOO!

Nature: Quirky
It honestly looks like a normal type to me.
Being cute pink and all that (just like those cute Chansey/Cleffa/etc. pokémon).
But that would defeat the purpose of keeping Eevee.
I don't see anyone wings on that pokémon so I don't get how it could be flying either; then again Rayquaza didn't have any either.
So....

Pairing buddy: Classic Sonic

- x -

Eeveelution Club Profile:
Username: Azu
First Partner: Leafeon
Second Partner:[None]

- x -
Old May 10th, 2013 (03:20 PM).
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuPazu View Post
It honestly looks like a normal type to me.
Being cute pink and all that (just like those cute Chansey/Cleffa/etc. pokémon).
But that would defeat the purpose of keeping Eevee.
I don't see anyone wings on that pokémon so I don't get how it could be flying either; then again Rayquaza didn't have any either.
So....
Eeveelutions have always obviously resembled their type. Sylveon being the only one there's any doubt about. A flying Eeveelution would have wings and/or clouds. A bug Eeveelution would have bug-eyes and a green tinted body. Normal type would look like Eevee and probably be named Eeveeon. A fighting Eeveelution would have a bulky looking body and be brown or blue. A dragon Eeveelution would have scales and large fangs. Sylveon has none of these things. Just tiny fangs and ribbons.
Old May 10th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
Community Supporter

Well Ribbons have been used in martial arts so it can be fighting, also it's color scheme matches the dragon tag of gen 3, etc. So it could really be a lot of things.
Old May 10th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
because gamefreak keep sylveon's type as a secret for so long and that it not fit any type(unlike the other eeveelutions) i think it will be a new type.
Old May 10th, 2013 (04:11 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I guess Branellope has a pretty good point there, as it's true you can tell almost every eeveelutions' type by just looking at it for 2 seconds. Which brings the following question: Did Nintendo design Sylveon the way they did to create all this hype and speculation about its type? (Which has worked more than well) Or does this mean there will be a new type we haven't seen yet, and that's why Sylveon doesn't seem to fit a type we would recognize?

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 10th, 2013 (05:02 PM).
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Well Ribbons have been used in martial arts so it can be fighting, also it's color scheme matches the dragon tag of gen 3, etc. So it could really be a lot of things.
But that's a small aspect. Ribbons on a pink quadruped doesn't sound like a fighting type to me. And again, it's a small part and there's still doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
because gamefreak keep Sylveon's type as a secret for so long and that it not fit any type(unlike the other eeveelutions) I think it will be a new type.
Of course. Although I was talking to Serebii, using my clever wording to niggle some info out of him (he's good, he'd do well under torture) and he brought up the fact that Azurill's type was never revealed until release despite being revealed a year before RS, causing speculation. I have to say Azurill's type was a nice and odd surprise XD.
Now, he also said we'd likely learn Sylveon's type fairly soon. Another thing is that he didn't really comment on the Fairy type rumours (a while before this he said he knew more about XY than we did). This tells me Game Freak wanted to cause speculation before surprising everyone with a new type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I guess Branellope has a pretty good point there, as it's true you can tell almost every eeveelutions' type by just looking at it for 2 seconds. Which brings the following question: Did Nintendo design Sylveon the way they did to create all this hype and speculation about its type? (Which has worked more than well) Or does this mean there will be a new type we haven't seen yet, and that's why Sylveon doesn't seem to fit a type we would recognize?
It's a natural human trait that can be applied to absolutely everything. We feel the need to fit everything into something we're familiar with. Alternative bands have been classified as a different genre, and people finding parts of Sylveon that they can explain and ignoring everything else.
Old May 10th, 2013 (05:10 PM).
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

I wonder how can an Eevee evolve to Sylveon. By the looks of it... there should be a new evolution stone and a specific requirement within Eevee itself.

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old May 10th, 2013 (05:21 PM).
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRaidenFighter350Z View Post
I wonder how can an Eevee evolve to Sylveon. By the looks of it... there should be a new evolution stone and a specific requirement within Eevee itself.
There's a new friendship mechanic. Maybe it's something to do with that.
Old May 10th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branellope View Post
There's a new friendship mechanic. Maybe it's something to do with that.
How do you know there is a new friendship mechanic??

Old May 10th, 2013 (05:50 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Game Freak/Nintendo has talked about a new feature called the "bonding system" though nothing really is known about that its possible it might affect evolution and may be how Eevee evolves into Sylveon.
Old May 10th, 2013 (05:53 PM).
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
Game Freak/Nintendo has talked about a new feature called the "bonding system" though nothing really is known about that its possible it might affect evolution and may be how Eevee evolves into Sylveon.
Yeah, and apparently it's another factor in terms of increasing stats.
Old May 10th, 2013 (05:53 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Oh wow, i honestly haven't heard about it until just now.
Sounds pretty interesting, I wonder if it will be replacing the old friendship system or will just be included as a new gameplay mechanic. Either way, i guess it's pretty likely it will be how Eevee evolves into Sylveon!

Old May 10th, 2013 (09:22 PM).
Community Supporter

If it's a replacement for the old system with new additions then it's evolution method will probably be something else as it'll get in the way of Espeon and/or Umbreon evolving if it too is based on happiness/friendship.
Old May 10th, 2013 (11:35 PM).
metalhand

isn't the bond system just one of mr.xy's fake rumers?
if wrong can you please show me an article or something else about it?
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:54 AM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
isn't the bond system just one of mr.xy's fake rumers?
if wrong can you please show me an article or something else about it?
No the bonding thing is from the original english trailer where the narrator says you can create bonds to strengthen your Pokemon. Mr. XY's was an item called the Bond Eye that was supposed to do some strange things.

I don't see Bond system replacing the friendship system because of how many Pokemon evolve by friendship and the fact that the bond is supposed to increase stats based on what the narrator says. With that I don't see it playing a part in Sylveon's evolution either. I'm going to guess its a new item native to the new region.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links