Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:02 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Well if the method depends on movement of the 3DS like with the rumored evolution of a rumored Pokemon, Nintendo could always put that into their other systems as other games may use it/ they keep the step counter in future consoles, and if not they'll proably go down the Feebas route as seen in Gen 5.
Stand for Life
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Well if the method depends on movement of the 3DS like with the rumored evolution of a rumored Pokemon, Nintendo could always put that into their other systems as other games may use it/ they keep the step counter in future consoles, and if not they'll proably go down the Feebas route as seen in Gen 5.
For things like the rumored Gyroscope evolution, I don't see stuff like that going away in new handhelds. If Sylveon were to evolve with a method like that, I'd assume that it would be able to stay the same in future generations. I doubt they'd use the same evolution method as Pancham though (if the gyroscope method rumor turns out to be true), so I don't know how else they would use the 3DS features to evolve it.
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
For things like the rumored Gyroscope evolution, I don't see stuff like that going away in new handhelds. If Sylveon were to evolve with a method like that, I'd assume that it would be able to stay the same in future generations. I doubt they'd use the same evolution method as Pancham though (if the gyroscope method rumor turns out to be true), so I don't know how else they would use the 3DS features to evolve it.
Pancham's rumored method is evolving with a Dark type and by level up isn't it? The one with the Gyroscope is some other not seen (rumored) Pokémon.
Besides they could use the method again like how the Sinnoh eeveelutions weren't the only one's that evolve by leveling up in a certain location.
Maybe Sylveon will go back to the roots of Gen 1 eeveelution and evolve by stone? Maybe a stone that evolves the new type?
Stand for Life
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
A whole new type! Like... Fairy type! Mind you, it would completely ruin the originals. Like Cleffairy and excreta. But what about the moves? Pixie glance? Magic wand? Plus what about the effects? Paralyses, Poison, Sleep? I'm going to go with sleep. I'm doubting my decision, but think about it, Sylveon hasn't even got wings! xD
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Am I the only one who thinks that "Fairy" type sounds silly....I guess I am. Poor Sylveon....please god let the type be something cool sounding....
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Ineedausername123

Nature: Timid
Here's what I think:
Generation V was like a re-birth of Generation I, that's why there were no evo's or pre-evo's of other pokemon or a Remake of the Gen. III games. This generation will be like Generation II, which makes me think it will introduce at least one new type. This, along with Nintendo/Gamefreak keeping it's type so secret, leads me to believe Sylveon is some new type.
Old May 25th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerserge View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that "Fairy" type sounds silly....I guess I am. Poor Sylveon....please god let the type be something cool sounding....
No, you're really not the only one. xD; I'm just hoping it's really an existing type for the sake of type chat balance, but that doesn't seem too likely, since it doesn't really look like any type except for Normal. .__.;;
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerserge View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that "Fairy" type sounds silly
Oh no you are not! Fairy doesn't sound good at all to me. I'm not sure if i want to have a new type introduces, but if they do, it should definitely get a better name than Fairy.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I like Fairy type because although at first it sounds like something really girly and pink, but there are plenty of fairies that are actually pretty deadly and evil so hopefully if Fairy is real then we'll have a good mix of both types of fairies and not just the cutesy pink ones.
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Community Supporter

I suggested calling it Spirit before as traditional fairies are a kind of spirit, however it maybe overlap with Ghost. Maybe call it the Mystic type? It'll it could be like of combo of the fairy and magic type speculations.
Stand for Life
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I suggested calling it Spirit before as traditional fairies are a kind of spirit, however it maybe overlap with Ghost. Maybe call it the Mystic type? It'll it could be like of combo of the fairy and magic type speculations.
Eh, I don't really like Mystic either. Maybe it's just me, I feel like mystical and psychic things go together almost, so those two types would overlap as well. If anything, I'd want to see it be Light, if it ends up existing. Just seems like to be a general thing that encompasses everything that's being speculated about. It still overlaps with Electric and Fire in a technical kind of way, but I'm kind of over that. It just fits better =P
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Community Supporter

I see Psychic as more sci-fi and Mystic as more magical/spiritual, though you do have a point, Light does sound better. I just feel like the "Light" type may become like "Pokémon Grey", it's obvious but it doesn't happen .
Stand for Life
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

It'd be kind of awkward though if Sylveon is revealed to be a...."Light"-type of some sort, I suppose. I don't know, I feel that the name itself wouldn't fit with the overall design of the Pokemon. I guess Fairy would be the only thing that could fit, I suppose. D:
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I honestly dont see the problem with Fairy as a type. There are lots of kinds of Fairies and it could be something they could draw a lot from. If Sylveon is indeed Fairy and that type is real, I see no problem.
BMGf Ever Grande City
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:16 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
I like Fairy more too(even though I'm not sure I like the idea of it) because, while some are pointing out how suggestions sound like already existing types, Light sounds close enough to Electric. I'd hope for a different name.
Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I don't see anything wrong with calling it Fairy, I just prefer Light =P Honestly Sylveon could fit into either typing fairly well. The Fairy is obvious, but if Light can also be akin to goodness or something, Sylveon just looks positive and part of good, therefore part of the Light type.
Old May 27th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
although I was completely against the thought of a new type ever existing, current evidence seems to highly point to that, so I'll just live with it :p

Anyway, instead of thinking light as how science defines it, an illumination in darkness, light can be viewed as reference to things holy or arcane in nature. Sylveon, from its name, directs it as fairies and we see fairies as either mysterious(arcane) or very magical(holy).

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

I'm so tired of the "fairies aren't always pink and girly.." yeah we get it. One can't be forced to accept or like a new type whether it comes to pass or not.

I really don't see how Fairy will help balance anything out, we just need retyping or reworking of type advantages or disadvantages.

And is Sylveon is a Fairy type, I do wish it had wings. The bows really don't help with anything. I guess it can use the tips to feel Pokemon? Like how it evolves via a bond so it feels the bond between Pokemon and their trainers...
3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
Pokémon X
Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
And is Sylveon is a Fairy type, I do wish it had wings. The bows really don't help with anything. I guess it can use the tips to feel Pokemon? Like how it evolves via a bond so it feels the bond between Pokemon and their trainers...
That's an interesting concept, but maybe more Bug-type than anything... Regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of reference of this idea in Sylveon's PokeDEX entry.

I do think "Light" can accommodate a broader amount of Pokemon than "Fairy" would, so I'd be more inclined to hope that the new type is named Light.

Just, please. Not Heart. That's awful.

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop Trade Reviews
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I think Heart might be pushing it a fair bit, I actually prefer it to be more Fairy/Light type than Heart. xD; That's just me though, it just...wouldn't really fit at all. x_x
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:33 PM
Pichu02
Pichu of Power

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Eh, I don't really like Mystic either. Maybe it's just me, I feel like mystical and psychic things go together almost, so those two types would overlap as well. If anything, I'd want to see it be Light, if it ends up existing. Just seems like to be a general thing that encompasses everything that's being speculated about. It still overlaps with Electric and Fire in a technical kind of way, but I'm kind of over that. It just fits better =P
I don't think Sylveon will be Light. Sylveon does not look like it has anything with light. I don't think light type will exist at all. Helioptile is Electric/Normal and it has a lot to do with light. My best guess is Fairy/Nymph/Wisp type. Something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post

Also, notice how its colors scheme is pinkish & light blue on the ribbons and its ears? The dominant colors in Xerneas and Yveltal? The blue and the reddish-pink.

:D
Something about this paragraph gave me a crazy idea! Maybe Sylveon has something too do with Xerneas and Yveltal! Some sort of thing that has to do with Xerneas and Yveltal could be a held item that if Eevee leveled up while holding it, it would evolve into Sylveon. It's crazy but still possible.

Last edited by Pichu02; May 31st, 2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 1st, 2013, 10:51 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
At this point I'd say it is highly unlikely that Sylveon will have anything to do with Xerneas and Yveltal. Simply because I think that detracts from the impact and importance of the legendaries and almost hands over the spotlight to Sylveon. What you say makes it sound as though they were invented for the sole purpose of evolving an eevee which, whilst even if you are right, would be far from truth but still enough to take away from the game as a whole.

I'm going to guess that it is either another location-based evolution, another item evolution or something entirely new as we have seen with the previous eeveelutions (bond system?)
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Community Supporter

Sylveon practically has taken the attention away from the legends, most often one sees more speculation on Syl's type than the mascots >_<.
I think the bond system will be what evolves it considering it's looks.
Stand for Life
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:14 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I really don't think Sylveon being shown at about the same time as the legends has anything to do with the three of them being related. If anything, being related to Eevee and having a new evolution is enough for it to be revealed ahead of time, as the Eeveelutions are so dang popular. As the three of the being related, though I doubt it. The only thing that would probably link them is if Sylveon is a new type and one of the legends has the type as well, but that itself is barely a link.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
The way I see it Psychic is related to the mind and it's a very inner personal ability. Whereas Mystic is related to an unknown questionable source of power that stems from the universe. The power is all around and the pokemon taps into it. So it's a more outward non-personal ability.

Whereas Psychic is logical and calculating. Mystic (or magic) is spontaneous and often unpredictable. Psychic is related to willpower and strength of the mind. Mystic is related to passion, dreams and wishes.

That's how I would separate the two at least.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here