The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Why not a frigging dual-type'd eeveelution?? Something like Normal-Psychic would be cool. I personally dislike using "mono"-type'd pokes, they are more effective as a support, but I prefer offensive strategies... :]

Spoiler:
Am I the only one here who finds Sylveon kinda ugly?
Spoiler:
"Victini's eyes" makes it look ugly...

Old March 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Why not a frigging dual-type'd eeveelution?? Something like Normal-Psychic would be cool. I personally dislike using "mono"-type'd pokes, they are more effective as a support, but I prefer offensive strategies... :]
While I don't believe at all that it will be a Normal-type, I would put money on that before suggesting it's dual-typed. Why would they do a Normal/Psychic when there's already a Psychic? Eeveelutions are all mono-typed, they won't dual-type them.

But again, if that's your belief, I won't try to change it.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 9th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
So, Shokotan is voicing Sylveon. Something tells me that its going to be female, even if she voiced Keldeo....
Not necessarily. The anime doesn't always dictate what relates to the games (assuming it IS anime??) and besides, Bart Simpson was voiced by a woman all these years. Ash too (iirc)! Sooooo that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be female-only because of those things.
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Not necessarily. The anime doesn't always dictate what relates to the games (assuming it IS anime??) and besides, Bart Simpson was voiced by a woman all these years. Ash too (iirc)! Sooooo that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be female-only because of those things.
Two females, actually.

- Veronica Taylor (EP001-AG145, M01-M08)
- Sarah Natochenny (The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon re-dub, AG146-present, M09-present)

Jamie Peacock also played Ash in the first dub of The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon. Sarah was on the re-dub as bracketed.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 9th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Forever
let it go

Yeah see, so what the anime does isn't indicative of anything major - and with that in mind its typing is still up in the air literally, I think it's Flying ahaha.
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:08 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Never really thought of this before, but Sylveon could be Bug due to how its eyes look and the way its ribbons stand up in this picture, like how certain bugs' antennae or feelers stand up. If that were true, it'd be one pretty-looking Bug-type.
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Sylveon's eyes are the exact same eye types as all Eevee Evolutions in the past except Umbreon. They all have the solid color looking eyes with the white light mark/pupils. Normal type could easily explain it able to move a part of its body freely, ghost as well in fact any type since the bows and ribbons seem to be part of its body. None of it have defining characteristics associated with one type.

In that screen shot part of the movie, Sylveon was retracting the ribbons. Sylveon can extend them from how it looked.
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
In the poll I voted Flying; it's still my #1 choice, but it is for a lot of people so I don't really have to explain myself in that regard.

But my second choice is definitely Ghost. It seems a lot of people don't really think that to be the case so I'll just leave my two cents below:
  • I know a handful of people who are "creeped out" by Sylveon's eyes. While I didn't find anything that scary or strange about them, you could in a way describe them as "soulless."
  • It seemed to use a variety of different typed attacks in the trailer. Normal-types do this a lot, but Ghosts do, too, actually. Gengar (almost randomly) learns Thunder, Mismagius Magical Leaf, etc.
  • It looks too cute? Who says ghosts can't be cute? I'd say Frillish is pretty adorable! And I don't really get a "ghost" vibe from Shedinja or Golurk, or even Sableye for that matter. Once you know more of their concept they make sense...but we don't know much about Sylveon's concept, right?
  • What about those names?
    English: Sylveon -> Sylph -"An imaginary spirit of the air." (Italicized air because Flying is still where my main bet goes, ha ha) Remember Silph Co. and their Ghost-viewing device?
    Japanese: Ninfia -> Nymph -"A mythological spirit of nature imagined as a beautiful maiden inhabiting rivers, woods, or other locations."
    German: Feelinara -> Fee -"Fairy"
    Do you know of those pixies/fairies of myth? The ones that look cute but end up being terrifying and murderous? Looks can be deceiving.
    Did you know Sylveon already has images out of its soon-to-be-released plush, and its fangs are incredibly apparent? They're an important part of its design.

So while I do think Flying is a more likely candidate...Ghost is certainly a viable option as well.
And imagine the possibilities that could come with a feminine Ghost Eevee evolution! Maybe it changes into a more sinister/elegant vampire form at night, ha ha!

Last edited by Rivvon; March 10th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
While I don't believe at all that it will be a Normal-type, I would put money on that before suggesting it's dual-typed. Why would they do a Normal/Psychic when there's already a Psychic? Eeveelutions are all mono-typed, they won't dual-type them.
How can you be sure they won't dual-type the 6th generation's eeveelution(s)? :C
As of why they do a Normal/Psychic when there is already Espeon, well, it's possible that this generation will bring more than 1 single eeveelution, and so, it is possible the other one(s) to be a dual of Normal and other thing like Fighting, Dark, Ghost, ... I just hope we'll have something similar ;_;

Now that I think of, here is my 2nd guess, Sylveon could be some kind of a morphing/multi-typed Pokémon or such. You know, Eevee is known for its DNA attributs, why not make an eeveelution (Sylveon) that extends this? So, what I mean, is that Sylveon could be Normal-typed with an ability/moves similar to Kecleon's Color Change, Castform's forecast, Meloetta's Relic Song, Porygon's Conversion, ... It can be an ability that makes it change type depending on the environement?! (Since Nymphs are known to be protector of moutains, forest or rivers...)

My 2nd theory is that, well, most people find Sylveon extremely cute, it also share colors similarities with Milotic!! It is possible to see Sylveon evolve when Eevee reaches 100% beauty (which interfers with its happiness-based evolutions =__=') or traded while holding that Scale (Prism Scale iirc...)?? But I don't believe much in this theory tough ...

@Rivvon, I like your Ghost speculation a lot! Now that I think of, all the eeveelutions give out there typing just from their respective names so speculations that base their thought around the name are likely to be the closest to the truth..
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah see, so what the anime does isn't indicative of anything major - and with that in mind its typing is still up in the air literally, I think it's Flying ahaha.
Sure, but considering how she did another major Pokemon that isn't legendary, and that was female, I would think its something possible. In the Anime I meant its likely female, and in the end it might involve the gender in the games, but that is something entirely different.
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
How can you be sure they won't dual-type the 6th generation's eeveelution(s)? :C
As of why they do a Normal/Psychic when there is already Espeon, well, it's possible that this generation will bring more than 1 single eeveelution, and so, it is possible the other one(s) to be a dual of Normal and other thing like Fighting, Dark, Ghost, ... I just hope we'll have something similar ;_;

Now that I think of, here is my 2nd guess, Sylveon could be some kind of a morphing/multi-typed Pokémon or such. You know, Eevee is known for its DNA attributs, why not make an eeveelution (Sylveon) that extends this? So, what I mean, is that Sylveon could be Normal-typed with an ability/moves similar to Kecleon's Color Change, Castform's forecast, Meloetta's Relic Song, Porygon's Conversion, ... It can be an ability that makes it change type depending on the environement?! (Since Nymphs are known to be protector of moutains, forest or rivers...) .
Your theory seems quite plausible! GF also holds its Ability a secret, which may indicate that it is a new ability and may indeed turn Sylveon's type into the other 7 Eeveelutions.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
I'm 100% certain they will not dual-type. I'd eat my shirt if wrong. Anyone on the other end of that bet to eat a shirt if it's not dual-typed?

Quote:
@Rivvon, I like your Ghost speculation a lot! Now that I think of, all the eeveelutions give out there typing just from their respective names so speculations that base their thought around the name are likely to be the closest to the truth..
Ghost was my initial speculation because it initially creeped me out. However, reading the bit related to Sylph's origins confirmed my guess. I'm not putting a 100% sticker on it quite yet, as I concede Flying IS still possible, but Ghost is my primary guess. I'm starting to lean away from Dragon typing for some reason, too, but I'm about 50/50 between it and Flying.

Cyclone

Old March 10th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I severely doubt that any Eeveelution will ever be a dual type. The point with it's DNA mutations is that it can evolve into all different types, just not two at a time. I guess you can argue that hey they can mutate it into two types at once, but I just don't see it happening at any time.
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
  • It seemed to use a variety of different typed attacks in the trailer. Normal-types do this a lot, but Ghosts do, too, actually. Gengar (almost randomly) learns Thunder, Mismagius Magical Leaf, etc.
It didn't really show a variety of different typed attacks. Most if not all of the attacks were normal typed. Two more predominant attacks were Swift and Trump Card, both Normal typed. Next is the one where Sylveon hit the opponent with a harsh attack. A lot of people believe that was Double-edge or Take down. Some even say it was Last Resort. The black mist move, as I've heard, was a status down move that Eevee knows. Someone said it was growl since it was close to the animation from the games with the yellow jagged lines appearing outward.

All of these attacks are Normal typed. The latter two still haven't been officially stated so its hard to tell what it was. But variety of types based on info some can find was not there as all the attacks were normal typed.
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
I really hope they don't make it normal or dual typed. That kinda defeats the purpose of Eeveelutions imo. The only way I can see them doing something like that is if they had a really good reason, like someone said an ability or something. If they're going to change the course of Eeveelutions, I hope they pull it off with good reason.
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Forever
let it go

Dual type isn't necessarily out of the question, though, given that it's a brand new generation and GF could change anything. Plus they have to be hiding its typing for a good reason (or just for hypeee). :x MAYBE EVEN A TRIPLE TYPE!
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Dual type isn't necessarily out of the question, though, given that it's a brand new generation and GF could change anything. Plus they have to be hiding its typing for a good reason (or just for hypeee). :x MAYBE EVEN A TRIPLE TYPE!
Well, they're also hiding the types of the legendary pokemon, but yes, it can be just for hype. Gamefreak does love hype from the fans. :)

Maybe dual typing can be out there, but... I'd have to say that there has to be at least a reason for it to be a dual type. Because it breaks the trend, y'know?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I'd go just for hype honestly. I really don't expect there to be any dual-typing for Sylveon or any other potential Eeveelution that's to come in the future (this generation or any one after!).
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Forever
let it go

I guess it could be dual because of DNA, like, XX and Y, and combine them... boom you get dual. A blue and pink typing, so uhhh... idk. Whatever represents blue, and whatever represents pink would be its typing!
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:39 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
It didn't really show a variety of different typed attacks. Most if not all of the attacks were normal typed. Two more predominant attacks were Swift and Trump Card, both Normal typed. Next is the one where Sylveon hit the opponent with a harsh attack. A lot of people believe that was Double-edge or Take down. Some even say it was Last Resort. The black mist move, as I've heard, was a status down move that Eevee knows. Someone said it was growl since it was close to the animation from the games with the yellow jagged lines appearing outward.

All of these attacks are Normal typed. The latter two still haven't been officially stated so its hard to tell what it was. But variety of types based on info some can find was not there as all the attacks were normal typed.
Double Edge or Take Down? It doesn't look like either of those to me, or any physical move for that matter. It was 'focusing' way too much for that, imo; It looked more like a blast-style attack. I thought it was Focus Blast or something. It would be a nice change to be able to speculate moves outside of the typical Eeveelution set for once really...

As for the energy-like move, I guess it could be growl but I hope it's something else too.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
Double Edge or Take Down? It doesn't look like either of those to me, or any physical move for that matter. It was 'focusing' way too much for that, imo; It looked more like a blast-style attack. I thought it was Focus Blast or something. It would be a nice change to be able to speculate moves outside of the typical Eeveelution set for once really...

As for the energy-like move, I guess it could be growl but I hope it's something else too.
I wanna say the discussion was here or on Pokejungle, I'll look it up cause it had more image references, but its similar in design on how Double Edge/Take Down worked in the game.

Old March 10th, 2013, 10:15 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:

Well Eevee learns all those moves stated, so it doesn't really tell us much. However if it were Normal it'll get the most stab moves from it's pre evolutions out of all the evolutions, which would be nice.
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Well Eevee learns all those moves stated, so it doesn't really tell us much. However if it were Normal it'll get the most stab moves from it's pre evolutions out of all the evolutions, which would be nice.
That's not why I posted though. The quote in my posts says Sylveon used a "Variety of different typed attacks". All of the attacks listed were normal. I was debunking the point made. All of the attacks were normal so based on the trailer we cannot define a specific type for Sylveon (unless you want to use it to support Normal).
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:24 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Oh no I was simply adding/backing up your point there.
Anyways I hope Sylveon will get a good ability. If it's flying I imagine it getting something speed related, if Normal I guess it can get/keep Adaptability.
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:39 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Quote:
I wanna say the discussion was here or on Pokejungle, I'll look it up cause it had more image references, but its similar in design on how Double Edge/Take Down worked in the game.

I can see where you're getting that(especially with the shot at it being in the whole boring 'eeveelution basic moveset' line of thinking) but I also see it as a possible blast attack. I'd expect more of a pounce stance from a physical 'big tackle'-like move really. At the beginning of the attack it also closes it's eyes, which looks more fitting to a focus/blast style move and wouldn't be necessary for a 'big tackle', imo. That's where I was getting.

I also can't get over this picture that I recall a friend posting up on another forum; It fits with the whole Sylveon being Flying-type discussion. Cracks me up every time. XD

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links