The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
I have made up my theory about Sylveon:
Sylveon's type is Normal, many people don't want to see it, but it has something unique...
It has an ability similair to Keckleon's Color Change. The function of this signature ability is to
transform Sylveon into the other Eeveelution types.

I still don't know how it would change into an other type, perhaps by a move or item? Or just; if hit by Ice type, it would transform into the Ice type? Or will it become Normal/Ice, Normal/Dark, Normal Electric etc. etc.

ayou know what would be really cool? If Sylveon is able to transform into the other Eeveelutions.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
Sylveon's type is Normal, many people don't want to see it, but it has something unique...
It has an ability similair to Keckleon's Color Change. The function of this signature ability is to

I still don't know how it would change into an other type, perhaps by a move or item? Or just; if hit by Ice type, it would transform into the Ice type? Or will it become Normal/Ice, Normal/Dark, Normal Electric etc. etc.

ayou know what would be really cool? If Sylveon is able to transform into the other Eeveelutions.
I hate to say it, but this makes sense. Kind of like "silhouette".

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 17th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
well i guess it could make sense, but do you think it's likely for GF to release another Normal type eeveelution while there are so many types they haven't tried yet? Plus, the theory said he would change into another eeveelutions type, so what if he's hit with a Flying or Fighting attack? Does he still change his type or not?

I'm not going to lie, if Sylveon turns out to be a normal type, i'd be really disappointed

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Itstoppedatumbreon
Destroying Zubats since 1996

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Itstoppedatumbreon
Im going with Ghost type. Mostly just the eyes. Also that silhouette thing.
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
well i guess it could make sense, but do you think it's likely for GF to release another Normal type eeveelution while there are so many types they haven't tried yet? Plus, the theory said he would change into another eeveelutions type, so what if he's hit with a Flying or Fighting attack? Does he still change his type or not?

I'm not going to lie, if Sylveon turns out to be a normal type, i'd be really disappointed
Me too, but we'll see what Nintendo/GF does. My top three are still Ghost, Dragon, Flying.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
I personally would love to see Sylveon a Ghost Pokémon (I like Ghost Pokémon :3) or a Normal Pokémon with some epic morphing-related ability. :]
In either case, I will most likely never use Sylveon competitively unless it is dual-typed... but again, it all depends on its stats and abilities, ugh... when will these retarded GF tell us what we can't wait to know?!!!
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
I personally would love to see Sylveon a Ghost Pokémon (I like Ghost Pokémon :3) or a Normal Pokémon with some epic morphing-related ability. :]
In either case, I will most likely never use Sylveon competitively unless it is dual-typed... but again, it all depends on its stats and abilities, ugh... when will these retarded GF tell us what we can't wait to know?!!!
We already have a date for them to tell us Sylveon's type. Everyone seriously needs to calm down about that. (not just here everywhere) If we get it before the designated date that's good, but really, no one should expect it before July. You have to wait. They aren't going to tell us and complaining about it will only piss you off more the longer the wait is.
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
^July? Aww! I thought while reading the OP that more infos about Sylveon will be released this month...
Don't worry dude, my complaint wasn't really a complaint but rather a question you just answered to me, thank you!
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
The only thing we were expecting this month was stuff from Corocoro, but since all the information from that has already be divulged we aren't going to get anything about Sylveon's typing until that July date they set for us.
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:33 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
According to Bulbapedia the movie's coming out on the 13th of July while the August issue will come out July 15th if I recall correctly, so if they do save it's typing until than we will get it two days before the issue...
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'd hope they do it a month sooner, but I guess they don't want people making movie predictions.

I wonder if the movie will get international release...

Cyclone

Old March 17th, 2013, 12:59 PM
ProfessorBeeching
Professor Of Fail

Nature: Quirky
The movie probably will get a release. That seems inevitable. Probably will get a Sylveon Distribution Event with it too in select store 100 miles away from our homes.
Also, we're finding out the type in July? Aw, that's so long...Why not give us small snippets more often...
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Forever
let it go

I don't think they'll hold off on the typing until then. I thiiink it might be sooner than around July because they made it the first Pokemon revealed for a reason, and with more movie information coming, no doubt Sylveon stuff will come.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:

Maybe Sylveon could be a normal-type, but have the ability Silhouette. This ability allows the user to transform into any type that the opponent is weak against. (If the enemy is water-type, then Sylveon will randomly transform into either electric or grass), it keeps the same moves though, and will receive STAB bonuses for the type it changes into.

Seems a little Farfetch'd (lame pun for the win), but ideas never hurt anybody.

Gen 6.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
Maybe Sylveon could be a normal-type, but have the ability Silhouette. This ability allows the user to transform into any type that the opponent is weak against. (If the enemy is water-type, then Sylveon will randomly transform into either electric or grass), it keeps the same moves though, and will receive STAB bonuses for the type it changes into.

Honestly, the porygon family should have this ability, at least as a DW ability or something, I never understood why Conversion/Conversion 2 was a move when it could've been an ability, really.

That said though, it seems a bit too..overpowered for an eeveelution? Then again, I suppose the same could be said about Magic Bounce Espeon, but the solution to that is just to not use status effects. u_u
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:39 AM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

Quote:

I think this could be a really good idea that could be implemented into a future game even if it's not in this series.
No kidding, I'm already having dreams about how cool this could be if when it changed types, they used a code similar to Cherrim's.
I.e. Design an eeveelution for every type that doesn't already have one and program them into Sylveon so when he/she get's hit with a move he/she transforms into that types eeveelution.
Sylveon would be a godlike Eevee, sorta like the Arceus of Eevees

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
You win one Internet. (I used it first somewhere.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeLordAndrew View Post
Sylveon would be a godlike Eevee, sorta like the Arceus of Eevees
So that's the new type, "God".

Closest to that is Dragon. I think. But Arceus is Normal-type, so...

Cyclone

Old March 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM
VillainFan42
Unhatched Egg

I'm guessing it's a Ghost-type, because of the ribbons, and as for the name, I think it comes from "TranSYLVania." It's a long shot, but that's my two cents.
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillainFan42 View Post
I'm guessing it's a Ghost-type, because of the ribbons, and as for the name, I think it comes from "TranSYLVania." It's a long shot, but that's my two cents.
I used the eyes as my basis, and combined it with other analysis about being the lightest.

And Ghosts fly, so yeah.

Cyclone

Old March 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I used the eyes as my basis, and combined it with other analysis about being the lightest.

And Ghosts fly, so yeah.

Cyclone
Except I don't think there's a clip anywhere (or any evidence for that matter, unless I'm missing something?) that can suggest that Sylveon can even fly? The ribbons are a hint, but that's still speculation that it even could, nonetheless. :x
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Except I don't think there's a clip anywhere (or any evidence for that matter, unless I'm missing something?) that can suggest that Sylveon can even fly? The ribbons are a hint, but that's still speculation that it even could, nonetheless. :x
Just to add on, there definitely isn't a clip showing that Sylveon can fly. At this point the speculation has kind of hit a wall since we've had no new information, and pretty much all the theories are already out there.
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

When I say "fly", I mean more like levitation, not actual flying. Though I am sure most ghosts fly in some way to get where they're going. It could be ghostly-type flying with the ribbons, but I can't see it soaring through the sky as a bird with wings.

Cyclone

Old March 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

It just...I dunno, wouldn't fit? I mean, it'd be awkward if it would use the ribbons for anything, objectively speaking. I'm starting to think that the ribbons are just an aesthetic add-on that serve no actual purpose at all, really.
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I'd hope they do it a month sooner, but I guess they don't want people making movie predictions.

I wonder if the movie will get international release...

Cyclone
No. Its Japan only right now. It'll get its international release later, like 3 or 4 months later I think is the usual period between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorBeeching View Post
The movie probably will get a release. That seems inevitable. Probably will get a Sylveon Distribution Event with it too in select store 100 miles away from our homes.
Also, we're finding out the type in July? Aw, that's so long...Why not give us small snippets more often...
Movie wise, its a normal movie release. The Main movie is Gen 5 not 6. It'll air in Japan, we'll get a Cartoon Network airing 3 months ish afterwards, then it'll hit international DVD like they always do. The Movie has been advertised in Japan for a while and no advertisement has been made internationally so its basically a normal routine for the movie.

As for news, Pokemon already gives more than we should be getting from any gaming company. Don't expect any relevant or big news for the next few months. If we get something it's most likely not going to be what we've been waiting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I don't think they'll hold off on the typing until then. I thiiink it might be sooner than around July because they made it the first Pokemon revealed for a reason, and with more movie information coming, no doubt Sylveon stuff will come.
Sylveon's release reason was for the Japanese Movie Short. No other reason. That said, they really have no reason to show the type until the movie simply because Sylveon is only to promote that....and its the 6th Pokemon released XD

So they'll probably hold off until the movie, for possible spoiler reasons, and because it doesn't really have anything to do with international info. If we weren't getting Sylveon in the movie coming to Japan only (another possible reason since Sylveon's Movie isn't international, its japan only), we probably would have gotten its type already.

We'll probably get Xerneas and Yveltal's types before Sylveon's.
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:40 PM
The '???'
The Arceus God

Nature: Careful
Though It really looks like that this eeveelution is a flying type I chose Normal type!

Join My PokeGames Forum and Support Me Please!
"Pika pikaa pi pikachu pika" - Pikachu
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here