The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:42 PM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

Most likely is ghost, not only because of the ribbons but Sylveon creep me out

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old March 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
If it would turn out to be Ghost type, everbody would be astound! It eill be a major twist in the Ghodt type section. But to see a Pokémon that changes the look of a type is really good thought by GF.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
Just throwing this out there. If it is indeed a Ghost type, maybe it changes forms at night. Maybe to a more Ghost-ish looking appearance. I know that's reaching but I don't know. But to do with forms, I think the male/female counterparts theory like mentioned is more believable. I'm still rooting for Flying type.
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I wouldn't mind if it were Ghost, it'll be good to see another Ghost type that isn't mostly grey, purple, or black.
Also if it's Ghost I imagine it's ability may be something hp related, or perhaps it'll be a ups Ghost moves in a Pinch kind of ability, that or simply levitate...
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magykx View Post
Just throwing this out there. If it is indeed a Ghost type, maybe it changes forms at night. Maybe to a more Ghost-ish looking appearance. I know that's reaching but I don't know.
This is actually something that'd be pretty interesting to see! :3 Though there's still the problem of what its real "Ghost" form could actually be like, if it is Ghost.
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Community Supporter

If it had another forme (I've noticed the starters have been the only new Pokémon where formes haven't been talked about as of late) I imagine it to look like a white or lightblue version of pink Sylveon. I doubt it'll have another forme but one never knows.
Old March 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
If it had another forme (I've noticed the starters have been the only new Pokémon where formes haven't been talked about as of late) I imagine it to look like a white or lightblue version of pink Sylveon. I doubt it'll have another forme but one never knows.
As a betting ma-...storm system, I say it won't have another Forme. This is an Eeveelution; unless it's itself legendary (who knows?), I can't see it happening.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 25th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I really don't see an Eeveelution getting a form change. I mean, it already now has eight evolutions, does it actually need any sort of form to change it even further?
Old March 26th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Forever
let it go

A form change to be more Ghostly at night would be awesome. It could be a curse laid upon it :3
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Community Supporter

Not unless Sylveon is the all the other types in one do I see it getting formes.

I hope GF and Nintendo will at least drop some hints even if they will wait it out until the short comes out to reveal it's typing, though I doubt they'll keep it a secret until July...
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I can't really see Sylveon or any other Eeveelution getting a forme, it just seems kinda out there IMO. I hope we dont have to wait till July, they ought to give us a hint.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:11 AM
PokemonTrainerC.White
Booted out - don't be like me!

I think it'll b a comebination maybe of a Flying/Normal Type.

Last edited by PokemonTrainerC.White; April 8th, 2013 at 04:25 AM.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Forever
let it go

In regards to dropping hints at this point I'm starting to think that it just... won't happen until then. They'll pretend like they never announced it imo.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Im not expecting any Sylveon info for a while, but they could build a little more hype, pretending it dosent exist is kinda lame IMO, but I guess this is just Pokemon -_-
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerC.White View Post
I think it'll b a comebination of a Flying/Normal Type.
It will not be a dual type. If they do that, then the Eeveelution theme is ruined.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 27th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Community Supporter

I want it to be Ghost or Dragon. And if they don't give us something to keep Sylveon relevant until the movie I fear it may be forgotten/overshadowed by what is to come.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
It will not be a dual type. If they do that, then the Eeveelution theme is ruined.

Cyclone
But you don't know that for sure. Things could change, and with the (hopeful) DNA theme, an alteration to the actual Eeveelution theme could be possible.
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
But you don't know that for sure. Things could change, and with the (hopeful) DNA theme, an alteration to the actual Eeveelution theme could be possible.
It's my opinion. To me, it ruins the line of individual typed Eeveelutions. I dislike the idea of dual-types.

Cyclone

Old March 28th, 2013, 02:08 PM
adam672
Unhatched Egg

I think it will be a flying type, but I want it to be a new type.
Old March 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Personally, I hope Sylveon isn't given a dual-type. I don't think it's actually going to happen, but I'm not dismissing it as entirely impossible. I just don't think that after seven evolutions each representing a specific type, they're going to abandon that formula and have Eevee evolve into something dual-type, especially something as mundane as a Flying/Normal type. It defeats the purpose of Eevee and its evolutions. Logically speaking, however, it would make sense for Eevee to evolve into something that's a dual-type in order to adapt to certain areas since not every location is as one note as some.
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Forever
let it go

I don't really want it to be a dual-type either, but I think it's really possible. If it is DNA, then consider that Sylveon is the first non-legendary/non-starter introduced. There has to be a reason for that, imo.
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Community Supporter

I don't see how the theme being DNA and it being introduced early on will make it duel type other than the idea of two things mixing...
I think it'll be Dragon. One can also make the case for DNA and Dragon as Cyrus used the DNA metaphor to explain the realms link, and the legends were Dragon, and then we having Kyurem and it's DNA slicers... and Kyurem and it's trio are Dragon (this second example is better). This however is just paper in the wind.
I don't think the theme of the mascots will have much impact, I mean Sinnoh's evolutions had little to...wait space can mean location...and Johto's mascots were sun and moon...day and night...hmm there may be something with DNA relating to it's evolution after all...
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I don't really want it to be a dual-type either, but I think it's really possible. If it is DNA, then consider that Sylveon is the first non-legendary/non-starter introduced. There has to be a reason for that, imo.
I've always thought the reasoning behind revealing Sylveon so early was to add to the hype of the upcoming movie and Pikachu short after all of the Eevee promotion from the past few months.
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Forever
let it go

Actually guys consider that while it was to create hype - they could've revealed another at the same time. Also, left typing ambiguous, like the legendaries. Legendaries are most likely related to DNA and we know the starters. Theoretically this could've been a plan by them to hint to why it's lacking it's type - because it's the first dual Eevee, created due to DNA merging, and being the mascot of DNA merging in the games! If that's a thing ofc. :3
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post

Cyclone
I agree with this. It has to be single type.

Sponsored Links