Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000

Advertise here
I hate how they make him a total idiot each time a new saga starts, and occasionally during that saga as well. It's becoming old, and very annoying, especially for people who have been watching the series from the very beginning.

IMO, he should at least be rebooted along with the whole anime series. After seeing that anime trailer for B2W2 a long time ago, that made what we have now seem like crud. If the anime was rebooted in the style and awesomeness of that anime trailer, I'll hug all the people behind it. Have Ash actually age, showing how mature he's gotten and how better of a battler and trainer he's become. Change up the formula too, as every saga is as predictable as what a wild Abra will do:

Ash will go to a new region,
lose to the jerk rival,
get badges between fillers,
meet other people who he will take on the League with,
meet the nice rival,
beat the jerk rival in the League,
and lose to the nice rival, who may or may not win the League.

So, no, don't replace him as he's practically the face of the series, but reboot the series and Ash as well.
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
ɯɐǝq ɹǝpʎɥ
Unhatched Egg

I wan't Ash to A) Get replaced by a new protagonist or B) have some Character development but I don't see it happing here's an iterveiw I saw
"Now an overall question about the show. Will Ash ever become a Pokemon Master? He laughed and fell back on the couch. He blatantly said that when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master, the show will end. It will be the last episode. Going back to my first interview, I did not mention that he stated the show was cyclical because it could be the audience is constantly replaced (since children get older and leave, and new children come in), so they are allowed to get away with having the same repetitive goal. So, the show would probably continue the same way collect badges, travel through different regions, never age. Will Ash and Pikachu ever be replaced? No. Will they ever age? No."
it's from an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka (read it here http://tinyurl.com/d4rhrm9).
http://pokevillage.boards.net is in urgent need of admins,mods and golbal mods send application to [email protected] or PM me
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:31 AM
deathbymanga
Mime Jr.

guys, i think we need to understand that Pokemon as we know it will NEVER really change. the biggest change they've made was when they got rid of brock, but even then it wasn't that big of a change to the series.

My guess is, leave Pokemon to stagnate, let the children have their toys. Let's push instead for a SECOND pokemon show. a new one with a whole new plot, world, protagonist, everything. don't push the second show to little kids. get a new art style so that it can't be really compared to the original. set a new tone with a real advancing and growing plot. Create real drama. and we'll have a proper anime that teens and adults will want to see.

If you want to see this happen, don't complain about how the show remains the same. it will always remain the same. Demand something COMPLETELY new and maybe the producers will give us something new

Old March 25th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
New Pokemon shows aren't going to happen. They've tried and got bad ratings. It shows that the ratings with the current anime are high enough that they won't attempt to replace or make a new one.

@Hyper its well known that they never intended to let Ash win an official league tournament. He's only there to promote the games through anime means.
Old March 25th, 2013, 01:31 PM
VentusS
Unhatched Egg

100 times yes. his character is overplayed, and a new "hero" would definately draw me in. It would make the show alot more enjoyable.
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Don't take him away, but let him grow up like a normal person. He should be like in his 20's by now and the anime should reflect that.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 29th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Oshy
♩♫♩

Honestly, I think he should stay.

He's been the whole story in Pokemon ever since it started. All because of him we were introduced to the adorable bond and friendship between people and their Pokemon. Just look back at all the things he and his Pokemon went through. I mean, Ash almost died, and if it weren't for his bond with Pikachu he would've died.
Old March 31st, 2013, 03:10 AM
Midnight-Umbreon

Nature: Timid
yeah let replace ash, and while we are at it lets get rid of gym battles in games and just stay in your home town and do nothing!
Look, Ash always annoys me each time while becoming useless at the beginning of each region, but Ash is Ash, he is the main character. Sure he is annoying, sure he really should get his act together and train a bit more. But all the original characters are gone, if he get rid of Ash who knows what we will end up with!! Take the current series, Iris deserves a whack over the head and to be told her place, Cilan he is annoying it is funny but honestly how many cooking references can one huy think of??? Also losing Ash may mean losing Jessie, James and Meowth. THEY ARE ASH'S PERSONAL STALKERS!!! Look I know people have a problem with Ash but he is a huge part of the anime, a part which people will miss when it goes, so as well as the fact that the chances of the animators replacing Ash is so small its not worth worrying about, but he is a huge part of the anime! (on a side note I have spell check on my browser and a suggestion for Meowth was showtime????)

Music Is The Escape
Old March 31st, 2013, 05:18 AM
waterworks
Previously Fireworks

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to waterworks
I think a better question would be "Why has Ash not been replaced yet?"
Old March 31st, 2013, 05:43 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5M View Post
I think a better question would be "Why has Ash not been replaced yet?"
^ This.

Ash should be replaced, and soon.

Very Soon.
gone.
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:40 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
I agree that Ash should be replaced, he's been in the anime for too long, his friends & Pokemon are changing while he's still immature & stupid, not to mention his "amnesia" once he enters a new region.
I think what should happen is:

1. Ash matures up, becomes real good at battling then -finally- wins the league, his Pikachu dies at the last -winning- move & Ash weeps upon him but gets happy afterwards that he won & decides to retire from training Pokemon.

2. Once the X & Y era begins, we find Ash in futuristic Pallet Town, as an old teen, teaching new trainers some Pokemon skills & telling them his stories & adventures while being old prof. Oak's assistant, one of the trainer-wannabes gets motivated by Ash's stories & decides to pick up his starter & set on a journey as a rookie trainer (rookie as Ash now LOL).

What do you guys think?
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:42 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

I agree that Ash should be replaced, and I'd also like to see spin-offs regarding Misty, May and Dawn's adventures since they left Ash.

Also, I think that instead of using a new character, Max could finally reach 10, leave Petalburg City and become a trainer. He would go to our new region first, meeting up with Rosa (My favourite protagonist) and one of the Generation VI protagonists. They would travel the new region, maybe with a new evil team following them (although I do like Team Rocket).

Spoiler:
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:03 AM
Darthbane2007

If they can replace misty after 5 seasons, and brock after 11, then replacing ash should be no problem...
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:40 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
That a No No because Ash n pikachu are the main mascots of Pokemon. How could they be replaced. I am sure the Pokemon Company now feels that if they do this silly mistake many fans will quit Pokemon
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
As long as Pokémon shall continue, so shall Ash. He is irreplaceable, so as to think that another fellow cannot be like Ash. He is unique, as such. He acts like a total n00b after entering the next region, true, but that's just to affect the thing like, he can easily swipe the Pokémon League if he remains an expert. In other ways, his childishness and goof-ups can be emulated upon to think of what NOT to do. It all mixes well in the series, so to speak.
~
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:53 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
As long as Pokémon shall continue, so shall Ash. He is irreplaceable, so as to think that another fellow cannot be like Ash. He is unique, as such. He acts like a total n00b after entering the next region, true, but that's just to affect the thing like, he can easily swipe the Pokémon League if he remains an expert. In other ways, his childishness and goof-ups can be emulated upon to think of what NOT to do. It all mixes well in the series, so to speak.
I agree with you. Just as he becomes brain washed about old past. That does not means he cannot beat anyone. That is just the idea of Pokemon company how are they handling this as well as Ash's age which always remains same in a new season
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
OMG, Ash should have been out years ago. The whole pokemon master thing is getting so annoying. Just grow up, Ash! If there gonna continue the anime thing, at least get a different character!
http://poke-fans.forumotion.com/
Join Here
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Yes. I feel like the anime needs a completely fresh new start. Honestly, Ash went downhill after the Hoenn saga and personally I can't stand seeing him catch horrible Pokemon and lose championships. Although I really wish Ash would be replaced, its highly unlikely. He's like the anime series mascot, and has been around since the beginning. I think that changing him at this point would be kind of a waste.
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:38 PM
venusaurleader
Unhatched Egg

It wouldn't be the same if Ash was replaced. Usually when any anime or movie replaces someone they have had for a while it doesn't end up good. I am not saying they will lose many fans, no because Pokemon is massive. However in Beyblade in the new season that was shown in Japan for now they replaced Jinga I doesn't look as good because you were already used to the previous cast members. All they need to do is give Ash the experience he should have at this point and make him older but still have him maintain to be challenged even if it is a new trainer against him that he has never met before. That's my opinion.
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Pokenellius
Unhatched Egg

Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon without Ash..
Look up 'Gym Badge Heroes' and watch the 'Trainer' video - you'll see what I mean
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:15 PM
Fbn11
Unhatched Egg

Pokemon (anime) without ash isn´t pokemon
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:22 PM
Magnetic
Underground Trainer

Nature: Mild
All I know is when I hear him in the commercials, I want to pull my hair out lol.

"Do your best! That's the spirit!!"

Perhaps a new voice actor would do wonders.
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:30 PM
Captain Falcon
Gotta go fast

Nature: Lax
He's overstayed his welcome.
The next season should start fresh with new characters.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:30 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
He's overstayed his welcome.
The next season should start fresh with new characters.
I strongly doubt that will ever happen because the franchise knows if they did this that will be the end of them
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:27 AM
kuroki
Unhatched Egg

I just want a Dawn and May spinoff slice-of-life show that airs on midnight. I don't want to watch Ash all the time.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here