The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Let's say that I, Doronjo, created a device. Now, this device will allow you to manipulate, or erase one thing that has been officially confirmed to Pokemon X, and Pokemon Y. If you don't remember what has been revealed, refer to the Pokemon News Summary.

Now, basically, with this device, you can basically change or erase anything that as disappointed you so far, and anything that needs improvement. So, with this device, what sorts of things revealed, or basically related in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y that has disappointed you so far, that you would erase or change? What would you change to improve on them? As more disappoints you'd have come over the time more info of these games have been revealed, you can add them here too.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; March 2nd, 2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:24 AM
A Shadow's Soul
Waaaaaaaaaat?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
The biggest thing I would remove from pokemon X and Y is the awful decision to make the game after pokemon which look like letters, to sum up I would get rid of the X and Y. To me making 2 Pokemon after letters is really stupid move, I know we already have Unknown but that is more of a novelty pokemon rather than anything to care about.

In my opinion the two new legendaries don't look all that legendary to me instead they look sort of like cheap rip offs of previous pokemon. I am not going to go into more about how I hate the look of the new pokemon because that isn't what this thread is about..

But yeah I would remove the whole X and Y concept completely.

~ Mell - Red Fraction ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~

Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Sylveon. I am not saying that Sylveon is awful or anything, but to me so far is the least exciting thing revealed. I feel it was revealed with too little information which has lead to so much speculation and just made it a little less enjoyable. And it may just be that it is too early and I have not grown to like it's design, but yeah. I would have maybe delayed the release of Sylveon.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Froakie. Oh god it's such an ugly looking thing, and I honestly just don't want it as a starter Pokémon. Compared to Chespin and Fennekin it looks like it should be some random trio that you find later in the game (kind of like the Poliwag line), not really a starter. That might just be my bias for the other two starters, but I want it to be [s]hit by a Leaf Storm[s] burned with fire.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:40 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm quite frankly shocked that no one has really mentioned the male protagonist yet, because having him look almost exactly like the protagonist from X/Y is kind of unacceptable to me. D:

Make him have a different hairstyle, something to make the guy stand out. Why did they have to make him a near-clone of Hilbert(lol I hope I got the right character, I'm so terrible with character names)?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:59 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
There was nothing particularly disappointing for me, but if I could remove something it'd honestly be Froakie. Its design, I didn't really like it sort of looked out of place you know? It felt more like a baby evolution to Seismitoad honestly and it didn't really have the looks of a starter. I don't know, I just didn't like it,even though it does look pretty cute I'd probably change it completely or get rid of it. :P

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:49 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
There was nothing particularly disappointing for me, but if I could remove something it'd honestly be Froakie. Its design, I didn't really like it sort of looked out of place you know? It felt more like a baby evolution to Seismitoad honestly and it didn't really have the looks of a starter. I don't know, I just didn't like it,even though it does look pretty cute I'd probably change it completely or get rid of it.
I'd do the same with Chespin.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:43 AM
Forever
let it go

I would remove uhhh yeah probably Froakie too :( I like the others much more and I think htere's more potential for water starters ;;
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:56 AM
Yazzo
Bad Egg

Nature: Brave
THE GRAPHICS!

Look ,the pokemon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum games had great graphics and I loved it, and then came Black & White.. the graphics (outside of combat) was extremely pixelated and was no fun to play in compared to the previous games. I thought maybe they'd keep the graphics they had on Black and bring them over to the 3ds to fix the pixelated graphics, but while that would be the best thing to do, they choose to exploit the 3ds' functions and make an even more advanced graphics engine. This makes the X & Y games just as pixelated as the Black & White ones, and is no fun to play!

I agree the new X & Y looks awesome, but the outside of combat graphics are just too bad. I'm in no way a person that thinks graphics is everything in any way, but open your eyes, people, graphics DOES matter when it comes to being able to see what is going on.. I'd play Minecraft, but not if it had the pokemon X & Y's or Black & White's graphics, because it would be too damn pixelated for me to live with.

If I had that device I would force the game to downgrade its graphics to the Diamond & Pearl graphics or most preferably the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald graphics. Other than that, I'd change the way the silly new legendaries look. I'm still really looking forward to the game and see what happends, after all, I've only seen like 5 seconds of gameplay from it, so it may not be as bad as I think.

Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Fennekin. Its design is fairly boring and highly disappointing. Its fairly unappealing looks wise. I mean why not just make Vulpix the starter instead of wasting data space? So much more potential for a Fire starter.
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I'd change the male protagonist (I'll call him Xander for now), as he looks too much like Hilbert from Black and White (wonder if there's any significance?). The female protagonist (I'll call her Yolanda) looks okay, though.
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Personally, I'd change the male protagonists's design. It just seems so... generic compared with the other male designs throughout the pokemon games. He does resemble Hilbert and the male protagonist from B2W2 quite a bit, so, I'd change the color scheme at least? And his whole wardrobe; I'd go with more casual outfits, tbh.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links