The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
So.... anyone want to take bets on if Penance and Alicia will be a romance later (if not already) :p
.... *BURSTS INTO LAUGHTER* You DID read Penance's personality section... right? If not here is a refresher that will answer your question: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...2&postcount=61

Enjoy.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greiger View Post
.... *BURSTS INTO LAUGHTER* You DID read Penance's personality section... right? If not here is a refresher that will answer your question: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...2&postcount=61

Enjoy.
Derp! Thanks for reminding me to read all character profiles not just some ug... huge fail on my part sorry about that :p
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

Nature: Quirky
Of course all the fun stuff happens when I'm stuck at school...
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Awh Greig, you should've let him figure it out on his own Would've been alot more fun that way.
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Bastian View Post
Awh Greig, you should've let him figure it out on his own Would've been alot more fun that way.
Now that is just mean... now I'm going to find a way to make my character manipulate both of you to his whim. Muhahahahahaha (actually he won't because that is not the type of character he is.

I'm definately going to have to read all the profiles now before i make a fool of myself again. On the subject of profiles I definately like how Deepimpact is keeping everyone's history "hidden" hopefully will lead to some interesting PC interactions later.
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Quote:

Enjoy.
So, if a pokémon used attract on Penance, he will only be affected by guys.

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old March 18th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Quote:

Enjoy.
Lolololol
The one time I'm using a pokemon character that wasn't gay before the roleplay.
Alec in the original Wars, and, technically speaking, Sainan in Odyssey, although I edited that in Odyssey itself. xD

And, okay, okay, I'll get my sign-up done. Stop nagging me, you guys. dx
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
On the subject of profiles I definately like how Deepimpact is keeping everyone's history "hidden" hopefully will lead to some interesting PC interactions later.
Hahaha, none of you will ever know. My character has TONS of secrets! Wait... dammit.

Nah, secrets are secrets, and a pretty big secret is keeping it a secret if you have any secrets. To be honest, I don't even really know what qualifies as a secret worth keeping so... yeah. Secrets are... secretive.

And just for the record, I'm not sure where to stand on swearing. Mild cursing is a little vague, lots of people have different standards on what's out of bounds and what isn't, and I've seen some people censoring curse words that are a little on the harsher side. Of course, I know this clearly isn't the most un-awkward subject out there, but it'd be good to have a little more footing, y'know.

Old March 18th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGKangaroo View Post
So, if a pokémon used attract on Penance, he will only be affected by guys.
Yes! This! Hehe, that is how it will work against him.
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM
EGKangaroo

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Epicness View Post
And just for the record, I'm not sure where to stand on swearing. Mild cursing is a little vague, lots of people have different standards on what's out of bounds and what isn't, and I've seen some people censoring curse words that are a little on the harsher side. Of course, I know this clearly isn't the most un-awkward subject out there, but it'd be good to have a little more footing, y'know.
Well, if it helps you in any way. The Catcher in the Rye contained the word "goddam" 255 times; It was a 120 pages long book. Kurt Vonnegut swears in his books, Ray Bradbury swears in his books, Joseph Heller swears in his books, and so on. The best advice I can give you is to be reserved when using it. It's like a really really hot sauce, it is a very special intensifier, that you need to reserve for special occasions, and you don't want to apply it liberally and burn your tongue.

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Last edited by EGKangaroo; March 18th, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Well, yeah, it's just I wasn't entirely sure what should maybe be censored, and what may be completely off-limits.
I think it was RayMaverick who censored what I guessed would be the S-word. Couldn't really tell, though, of course, it was censored, after all.

Old March 18th, 2013, 01:19 PM
EGKangaroo

Well, the severest swearwords are censored automatically by the forum.

Old March 18th, 2013, 01:24 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

I think swearing is good. What else would they say if they stubbed their toe on that one chairleg? Fudge?
Old March 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

On the Wings of Justice - Nakuzami's Sign-Up

Name: Patriot Skye Ravel
Sex: Male
Species: Rufflet
Tribe: Caerulus Tribe
Moves: Double Team, Roost, Sky Drop, Crush Claw, Shadow Claw
Profession: Hunter / Warrior-in-Training

Appearance:

Patriot looks very similar to a regular Rufflet, but his feathers are darker, the feather on his head is blue rather than red, and his eyes are blue. He also has tiny serrations on his remiges, much like an owl, allowing him to fly silently.

Personality:

"Rufflet are very powerful for their size, possessing great physical strength and a highly competitive nature." - "Rufflet will indiscriminately challenge foes to battle, even strong ones."
~Bulbapedia

True to the nature of his species, Patriot can be incredibly reckless at times. Even so, he is kind, intelligent, and an apt learner. He's quick to speak up without thinking, and he never likes to sit still. He's energetic and curious, and sometimes his haste can make him a bit too blunt in his observations. Even so, Patriot is a kind soul, and almost too innocent for his own good. He is unversed in the ways of war, and he's never even witnessed intense bloodshed. So, while his intentions are just, he truly has little idea of what he's getting himself into when it comes to this war.

Patriot believes in truth, justice, and honor. These can be both good and bad traits. Throughout his life, Patriot has just naturally told the truth. This makes him both incredibly trustworthy, an inadequate spy, and a bit too forward when dealing with other beings. He believes that all living beings—both pokémon and humans alike—deserve help and fairness. He finds bullies intolerable, and he'll always fight for what he believes to be what is right, even if it means standing alone. This also allows him to see the good in people, even where most others would believe none would exist.

With other pokémon, Patriot is incredibly friendly and kindhearted. He believes everyone has goodness in them, and so he'll try to interact with anyone and everyone in an attempt to bring that goodness out. Sometimes—or, perhaps most of the time—this may make him come across as annoying and persistent. Even so, he continues to live his life in such a manner, determined to bring out the goodness in everyone, even if it causes them to hate him in the process.

In battle, Patriot is a fierce opponent. Being a Rufflet, his natural abilities and physical strength can prove overwhelming to most foes. Added with his previous encounters with various pokémon and many months of intense training, facing Patriot in battle can be a huge mistake for most. He's cunning and quick, able to ascertain his opponents' weak points surprisingly fast, as well as knowing how to take advantage of elemental relationships between pokémon and the environment that surrounds him. He is currently 'training' under an immensely powerful Staraptor known as Zephyros (Fenne-Kun), hoping to become just as powerful as him. He looks up to Zeph, and despite the Staraptor's many social flaws, he believes Zeph to be just as good as anyone—if not even moreso—deep down.
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:39 PM
EGKangaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I think swearing is good. What else would they say if they stubbed their toe on that one chairleg? Fudge?
Well, if it makes a lot of noise, my first word is usually "Sorry"
*sigh* maybe I am Canadian after all.

Old March 18th, 2013, 03:05 PM
StinkomanFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGKangaroo View Post
It's like a really really hot sauce, it is a very special intensifier, that you need to reserve for special occasions, and you don't want to apply it liberally and burn your tongue.
"You sprinkle it over your normal speech and BLAMO! You've got yourself a spicy-sentence-sandwich!"
Also, I thought only Pokemon found in the Hoenn region were allowed, but now there's Ampharados and Rufflets and...
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkomanFan View Post
"You sprinkle it over your normal speech and BLAMO! You've got yourself a spicy-sentence-sandwich!"
Also, I thought only Pokemon found in the Hoenn region were allowed, but now there's Ampharados and Rufflets and...
Yeah, SCREW LOGIC.

I wouldn't be too strict with the idea. Pokemon can migrate, and they're not necessarily found only in the region they were introduced in. We can do whatever the heck we want with Hoenn's wildlife in a roleplay! xD

Now we just need the Melon to get online again. :3
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

So this scouting mission obviously isn't going to be a scouting mission is it... I can already tell something horrible is going to happen.

Old March 18th, 2013, 05:16 PM
StinkomanFan

Well of course! If something DOESN'T go wrong, we wouldn't have an RP.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:21 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

It's a good thing I grabbed extra grenades... and ammo... and Spaghetti-Os, then.

Old March 18th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

No mission is complete without the Spaghetti-Os. They'll be what saves your life. Trust me.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:44 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

That's why I brought 'em. They will save the day, just like they always do.

Wait. I will probably eat them before they can save my life! Nuuuuuuu!!! Why do they have to be so good...

Old March 18th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

...Something's telling me I should probably get Dartanian's history done before I miss anymore. Guess homework can wait.

Ohyeah, sorry for the disappearance act. Last week was a tad hectic.

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:51 PM
StinkomanFan

This is why I prefer Tic-tacs. They're good but not enough to endlessly gorge on.
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
@Fortworth96: Accepted! Don't worry, you haven't missed much.

@Nakuzami: Declined because I hate you.

Accepted because you're my son. :]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links