Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 27th, 2013, 04:41 AM
AnjinMiura_PL
Challenger Extraordinaire (?)

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Spoiler:

Wilhelm, the Misguideth Conqueroreth of Joehtoeth

Episodeth IV - Huh?

Fat Guy:"Come on babeh, you know you want it!"
Wilhelm:"But how da hell am I supposed to have one million freaking yens?!"
Rostislav:"It would be a waste to be bothered with this...greedy merchant. We are not interested in your merchandise, go away or die."
Fat Guy:"Hmpf. Kids these days...they all know economics and whatnot."

Kurt:"Hey!...uuurgh, my leg!"
Wilhelm:"Well, seems to be most unfortunate for you...how did it happen?"
Kurt:"Well, this Rocket guy was blocking my way, and I, old man Kurt asked him to go away, but he refused, and then I asked again, but he refused again too!"
Rostislav:"...and?"
Kurt:"And I deliberately drop-kicked his face into oblivion, problem is that I've fallen here too and..."
Tancred:"No one noticed you? There are Rockets all over this cave!"
Kurt:"Seems so."
Wilhelm:"And why are we here anyway?
Rostislav:"Path of Script remains unknown to us, who are far from Enlightment."
Tancred:"...should we...leave?"
Wilhelm:"That sounds fine. Not like we have anything to do with this guys, do we?"
Rostislav:"No, not really. We have our own things to do."
Kurt:"Hey...guys? Guys?"
Wilhelm:"Okay, let's go."
Kurt:"...guys? Help me!"
Rostislav:"...we will go to local Gym now..."
???:"Stand ground, gracious knights"!
Tancred:"Quee?"

Quixote:"Answer my call, ye honourable ones and duel me here!"
Rostislav:"Oh, a knight? But...what is it?"
Wilhelm:"Dunno, really."
Quixote:"Do you have what it takes to face me, Don Quixote?!"
Tancred:"We have no time for this.
Rostislav:"This man, he shows promise as a righteous knight. We might as well hire him."
Quixote:"Aaaa not di face not di face!"
Wilhelm:"Hmmm?"
Quixote:"Aaah not di face! Peperoni!"
Rostislav:"Whatever, just catch him!"
*Pokeball hits Slowpoke's head*
Quixote:"Origins of fascism...are peperoni...!"
Tancred:"This guy is nuts! Knight of Nuts!"
Rostislav:"Whatever. We will investigate this matter soon. Now, let's get back to town and think about what we'll do next."
Wilhelm:"Guess we should put this guy through a test? Maybe he's just a madman?"
Rostislav:"That makes sense. Let us find out how much is this...knight worth."
Kurt:"...guys? Don't leave me like that here!"

Fisherman:"Today is the great day of all Fishermen, for I am going to grab first victory in ranked match for us since 1973!"
Tancred:"Well, I have terrible feeling. He's real nuts!"
Quixote:"I AM THE KNIGHT OF UTTER peperoni is kinda derps?"
Fisherman:"That's going to be easy! Yes! I'll be given a Shiny Magikarp if I win! Gooo, Goldeeen!"
Goldeen:"Goldeen! Peck peck!"
Wilhelm:"We are really just wasting our time here."
Quixote:"Interesting fact about War of Spanish Succession is that socks have to be washed with a fresh toothpaste every...derp?"
Goldeen:"Goldeen!"
Quixote:"...yawn?"
Goldeen:"Gooooooldeeeennn!!!!!"
Quixote:"The origins of fascism...derp?"
Goldeen:"Goldeen?"
Tancred:"What's happening to his face?"
Rostislav:"Looks like he's going to explode!"
Quixote:"...bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
*Quixote uses Water Gun*
Fisherman:"Nooooo!"
Wilhelm:"He?"
Quixote:"Maan...what was that? Uugh, my head..."
Rostislav:"It's alive!"
Quixote:"It's like...there was loads of water...in my head, you know and...who am I BTW?"
Wilhelm:"Don Quixote of Slowpoke Well?"
Quixote:"...oh my God I shouldn't have been drinking this much last night..."
Wilhelm:"So you are..."
Quixote:"Hell no I ain't no Quixote let me tell you! I am just a regular Slowpokey man...or am I?...origins of...fascism?"
Rostislav:"...it appears that he might hurt from a certain Pokemon disease, called Drain Bamage."
Tancred:"U wot?"
Rostislav:"Even if all that mess happened, I believe that after all Mr...Quixote might be a fine addition to our team."
Quixote:"Wait what...like...what team?"
Tancred:"Dude, he's stoned to death."
Wilhelm:"If you are not of noble origin I can simply grant you knighthood I suppose."
Quixote:"Like...like what?"
Wilhelm:"Oh whatever! From now on you're Don Quixote of Slowpoke Well, don't ask any questions, just go and do things I order you to do!"
Quixote:"Well...like what?"

Quixote:"...like seriously guys, I never really knew knights and kings were real, you know, like..."
Rostislav:"His Drain Bamage is really aggravating. But some Pokemons are said to be able to recover from it and benefit immensely. Maybe, if we will keep him with us, maybe something good will come out of this?"
Wilhelm:"You surely learned a lot during that short trip to afterlife."
Rostislav:"Sixth Heaven contains all the answers. For I have failed in my former Hoothooty life, now it is time to succeed as a mare."
Tancred:"So, you don't remember anything?
Quixote:"...nah mate, nothing. I only recall drinking with these R guys..they dropped to our Well and were kinda friendly at first...we had some fun...and then it...end, like you know."
Rostislav:"So, what was it when you met us first time? You were talking about being a knight and whatnot."
Quixote:"It really felt like I was...like, you know...in seven different places?"
Tancred:"Oh no dude yo' just stoned."
Quixote:"No, for real. I was that knight you saw, that's one. I felt like being Italian fascist cook in Napoli, that's another one. Then I also talked with Oda Nobunaga, peeled bananas in Sinnoh, played poker in Goldenrod and two more I...I can't really remember. One was something about...Bourbon?"
Rostislav:"Ha, perfect. We can work with this."
Wilhelm:"What do you...huh? What? My bag?"
Tancred:"What's there?"
Wilhelm:"Ah...damn you aide! I packed that Egg inside! Quick!"
*TOGE-TOGE-PII*
Wilhelm:"...well, crap. What now?"
Quixote:"Is it like...you know...a egg? Soo, you see it might...hatched...a bit?"
Rostislav:"That's going to take some time..."

Dodged all the trainers between Violet and Azalea, got Slowpoke, trained a bit (clearing most of trainers), now it's time to do Azalea things. Slowpoke is at Lv. 15 (hence Water Gun I wanted to get).

Guess I have my team planned at this point. Will be definitely something new for me
Sup.
Old October 27th, 2013, 11:25 AM
DittosGonnaDitto
Failed Clone #123,456,789

Username: DittosGonnaDitto
Game: Pokemon Black 2
Era: Time Rift

Quick question, say if, for example, I catch a Ghost type or Psychic type before I get to the Stone Age Era. Would I have to release that Pokemon? Basically, if I own a Pokemon that is a type banned in the next era I'm going to, can I continue to use it, as long as I don't catch any other Pokemon with that banned type?
Ditto's Response to Everything
"I can turn into literally anything. Thus, your argument is invalid."
Old October 27th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DittosGonnaDitto View Post
Username: DittosGonnaDitto
Game: Pokemon Black 2
Era: Time Rift

Quick question, say if, for example, I catch a Ghost type or Psychic type before I get to the Stone Age Era. Would I have to release that Pokemon? Basically, if I own a Pokemon that is a type banned in the next era I'm going to, can I continue to use it, as long as I don't catch any other Pokemon with that banned type?

You never release the pokémon specific to the Time Rift Era. Even if a different Era chosen between Gyms has one of the types required in Time Rift on their banned list.
Besides, the Time Rift specific Pokémon form what you could call your main team. And that's the team you'll use to face the Elite 4 and the Champion. Every other pokémon you use between Gyms because of the time rift rules of picking an era and a type from said era, should get released/boxed as soon as you're done with it and you won't have any of those in the team you use to challenge the E4 and the Champion.

So yeah, Time Rift is a bit tricky and requires a bit of planning ahead and a lot of Pokémon catching. And basically for you to always have a free slot in your party for that extra pokémon.

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old October 27th, 2013, 11:40 AM
DittosGonnaDitto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagamiChan View Post
You never release the pokémon specific to the Time Rift Era. Even if a different Era chosen between Gyms has one of the types required in Time Rift on their banned list.
Besides, the Time Rift specific Pokémon form what you could call your main team. And that's the team you'll use to face the Elite 4 and the Champion. Every other pokémon you use between Gyms because of the time rift rules of picking an era and a type from said era, should get released/boxed as soon as you're done with it and you won't have any of those in the team you use to challenge the E4 and the Champion.

So yeah, Time Rift is a bit tricky and requires a bit of planning ahead and a lot of Pokémon catching. And basically for you to always have a free slot in your party for that extra pokémon.
Intresting...I can see myself forming a lot of bonds with the Pokemon from specific eras. Alright, going to plan out my team, then start my adventure! Update should be coming within the next hour-ish or so.
Old October 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

HUGE UPDATE AND ANNOUNCEMENT!

First of all, the first post was updated with the new challengers and champions, up to this post.
Second....
Time Warp now features the Fairy Type as well as Mandatory pokémon for the Kalos Region. So let the X and Y sign-ups begin!
And before I forget those of you doing Ultimate runs, try to include Kalos in them if possible thanks

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:32 AM
DittosGonnaDitto

And by hour-ish, apparently I meant the next day.

Chapter 1: Prehistoric Predictaments

Spoiler:
It's intresting, living in the kind of world I do. Or, should I say did? Nevermind, that's something I'll get to later. Anyways, I had always had an intrest for time travel, ever since I heard about it. How were things, like making shelters, food, and other stuff for survival done back then? Now, we all live in our own little smarthouses, that do almost EVERYTHING for us.
Spoiler:

Well, I happened to get a chance to find out on one, very fateful and unforgettable day. It started like any other. Wake up, let the robotic Pokemon clean you up and get you ready for the day, and then walk outside. My father was going to a Pokemon Convention, and he offered to take me along. I knew my father well enough to know that if he offered for you to do something with him, it meant he wanted you to. Having nothing to do today, I agreed to come along.

Upon arriving, I realized this year's theme was about Pokemon from the past. This intriuged me and made me wonder what Pokemon were like before the revolution in technology. Of course, this crossed my mind several times before, but now, for some reason, I was even more intrested. A few seminars later, we happened to stumble across a time machine. I wasn't even sure if it was a prop or not, heck, or if it even worked. Either way, I knew I had to get to it somehow. When my dad went to the next seminar, I told him I had to go to the bathroom. He understood and continued, knowing I would catchup. Or at least, he thought I would.

Being extremely cautious, I made sure nobody saw me as I slipped inside of the metallic, stall like machine. I strapped myself in and clicked a few buttons before the time machine hummed to life. It vibrated slighty, then shook, then it thrashed rapidly as I held on for dear life. A purplish, azure glow gleamed across my face before the shaking reduced itself to a mere vibration, the humming lowered to silence.

I was nervous, to say the least. One could say I was even frightened beyond belief. I had no idea where, or when the machine had warped me to. But, knowing I couldn't do anything by sitting in here, I unstrapped myself and got out, the bright sun hitting my eyes. The land was lush with plant life, with several patches of dirt here and there. At first, I had no idea when I was, until I saw cave like structures, somewhat close to each other. I realized then that I must of warped to the Jurassic Era, or the very beggining.

Wandering around for quite some time, observing the cave people who dwelled within those cave structures, I was finally approached by a girl, who was definately not from this era. She wore clothes similar to what I was wearing, and I knew she must of been a timetraveler as well. She explained that she was an assistant from the Unovian Nonofficial Interval Travelers, or U.N.I.T., and was assigned to give me a Pokemon. I explained that I already had Pokemon with me, and dug into my pockets to show her them.

However, it occured to me just then that I had left my Pokemon at home. The one day I needed them, and I had forgotten. She understood, and decided to continue. Holding a glass container, she explained that there were three Pokemon in here to choose from. I looked over all of them, intriuged to finally see living Pokemon, not just metallic Magnemite. I eventually chose Snivy, as the little guy seemed very confident.

Suddenly, I heard a loud rumble, and some mechanical humming. I turned around to see another time machine, which held another traveler. As it opened, I was suprised to see my friend, Steve, there. He explained to me that he had heard I was going to the convention with my dad, and had followed along, hoping the suprise me. However, he saw me slip into the time machine, and went in as soon as I left.

I thought that having a friend come along wouldn't hurt, so I didn't mind. The girl gave Steve a Pokemon as well, and he choose Tepig. Smart guy, I tell ya. We decided to have a quick battle, and I lost, even though neither of our Pokemon knew any attacking moves besides Tackle. After our battle, Steve ran off, eager to explore. I was about to run off with him, but the girl caught up with me before I could follow.

She gave me a Pokedex and a pair of Running Shoes, along with two Time Maps. Time Maps were able to adjust to time shifts and show the current land as accurate as possible. I figured that the second one was for Steve, and head off on my exploration. I ran into a few cave people, willing to battle with me. I noticed that they used berries to command and catch Pokemon instead of Pokeballs, which kinda made me feel a bit awkward, using all this modern technology.

Along the Route, I found a wild Sewaddle, which seemed to actually live in this time period. From what I heard, Pokemon like Patrat and Purrloin were appearing out of nowhere in the tall grass, which honestly confused me. I caught the Sewaddle, and named it "Waddlesaur", laughing at my own time era puns.

Eventually, I reached a Pokemon ranch of sorts, with boulders for fences. As I went in to train, I was approached by Steve, who was hungry for another battle. I accepted his challenge, sending out Waddlesaur. Amazingly, Waddlesaur defeated both his Pokemon, giving me first victory against my friend.

I decided to bring out my Snivy as well, to celebrate our first victory. However, his Pokeball was empty. I thought I must of taken out an empty Pokeball by mistake, until I noticed purple fog emitting from it, until it disinigrated into dust. This terrified both me and Steve, both of us holding our Pokemon close as we backed away from my past partner.

I was almost in tears, but knew I had to stay strong. Suddenly, we were approached by two cave people, who had a Herdier with them. They must've thought we were some super-intellegent species from outer space, because they tried using hand gestures to communicate. From I could understand, they were apparently missing one of their Herdier.

Steve and I took up the challenge of finding it, searching every patch of grass. I did find a Lillipup though, and caught it to ease the pain of my lost Snivy. I named him "Past Pup", and chuckled once more at my time travel puns. In the very back of the clearing, I saw the Herdier, guarded by a man in a black suit. He was definately not from this time either. I tried taking the Herdier back, but he shoved me away, explaining that he was from Team Plasma. Apparently, these misfits were from a time in Unova, where they tried to liberate Pokemon. Since they failed then, they were traveling in time to liberate Pokemon from every era in time.

The grunt appeared to have no Pokemon on him, so he threw a TM at me and ran away, leaving the Herdier behind. Steve lead on of the cave people back to me, as the Herdier reunited with it's master. Steve tried to explain that he must be extra careful with his Pokemon, but he didn't understand in the slightest. Steve stormed off, seeming to be a little bad tempered over the Snivy. I missed him, sure, but I had to be strong.

Having nowhere else to go at the moment, I headed back to the cave town, where apparently a trainer from the U.N.I.T. had come to challenge us. I went in first, defeating both of the trainers before him with ease. As I approached him, he explained that his name was Cheren, and that he was a Gym Leader in training. After a little chit-chat, we battled, 2v2.

His Patrat was no problem, but his Lillipup was, as it had knocked out Past Pup with ease. Despite the hard hits he took, Waddlesaur skillfully String Shot him and followed up with some Tackles to take it down. Cheren congratulated me and gave me a Basic Badge as a reward. He then explained that there were seven other badges in Unova Reigon to find, and left that challenge up to me.

As I exited the gym, I saw Steve rush in behind me, wanting a badge as well. I wasted no time, heading out of the cave town to find the next badge. However, as I advanced through to where I asummed the next badge would be, something...odd, happened.

The two spoilers above are meant to be one, but PokeCommunity insists on seperating them, even after I fix it. T.T

Summary of what happened (without my wondeful story elements)
Spoiler:
-Started game
-Chose Male Character, named Ditt.
-Intro stuff.
-Choose Snivy.
-Caught Sewaddle and got rid of Snivy.
-Caught Lillipup.
-Beat Cheren.
-Lost Sewaddle.

Current Team
-Lillipup AKA Past Pup (Level 12)

Lost to the Rift
-Snivy (Met at Level 5, Lost at Level 9)
-Sewaddle AKA Waddlesaur (Met at Level 2, Lost at Level 12)
Old October 30th, 2013, 09:11 PM
27thColt
The Water Nerd Guy

Nature: Brave
Username: 27thColt
Game: Firered
Era: Jurassic Jam
Old October 31st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Janp
Audino master

Guess who finally started his run? :D

Spoiler:
- Started as Male character, named Janp
- Picked Chikorita as starter and because it's Dinosaur time, nicknames don't exist
- Got to Cherrygrove City
- Met Mr. Pokemon and got Pokedex
- Beat Rival
- Named Rival Silver
- Got to Violet City
- Got HM Flash
- Beat Falker
- Chikorita evolved
- Got Togepi Egg and deposited it in PC
- Caught Onix, but it costed many Pokeballs - Onix is Snake Pokemon, so I hope he can be used
- Got to Azalea Town
- Beat Rocket guys in Slowpoke Well
- Caught Slowpoke
- Beat Bugsy thanks to Onix'S Rock Throw
- Beat Silver
- Arrived in GoldenRod City and on my way, trained Slowpoke
- Beat Whitney
- Beat Sudowoodo

Team:
Spoiler:
It's secret
Old November 1st, 2013, 04:20 AM
27thColt
The Water Nerd Guy

So I'm not sure if I'm qualified to start updating or anything but I'll do it now because... I already started the game.

Chapter 1:Welcome to the world of Pokemon!
Spoiler:

1.Named myself Red with my Rival being Green. Oh yeah, I’m a boy.
2.Got a Charmander named Lizard.
3.Gave a parcel to Prof.Oak and got a pokedex.
4.Beat up Green at Route 22.
5.Traveled through Viridian Forest.
6.Evolved my Charmander to a Charmeleon.
7.Killed Brock with my Charmeleon on my second try.
8.Walked through Mt.Moon.
9.Caught a wild Paras at Mt. Moon and named him Fungus.
10.Had to grind to make my Paras same level as my Charmeleon (such a pain!)
11.Got myself a Helix fossil (Yeeeaaaahhh!!!).
12.Replaced Scratch with Mega Punch (from the Karate Guy on Route 4) on my Charmeleon.
13.Arrived in Cerulean City.
14.Walked along the Nugget Bridge and beat all 5 trainers as well as Green and the Rocket Grunt.
15.Left with a whole 42 exp. on my Paras before evolving before the Gym.
16.Helped Bill.
17.Fungus evolved into a Parasect at Misty’s gym.
18.Beat Misty with Parasect on my second try (again!).

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Name:Lizard the Charmeleon at Lv.25
Type:Fire
Attacks: Mega Punch, Smokescreen, Ember, Metal Claw

Name:Fungus the Paras at Lv.25
Type:Bug/Grass
Attacks: Scratch, Stun Spore, Poison Powder, Leech Life

2 Badges

Chapter 2:Babysitting Magikarp
Spoiler:

1.I got ™ for dig from that Rocket Grunt.
2.Got a Bike Voucher from the head of the Pokemon Club in Vermillion City.
3.Went aboard the SS Anne and beat Green once again.
4.Talked to SS Anne’s captain and received Cut.
5.Replaced Parasect’s Scratch with Cut.
6.Went back to Pewter City’s Museum (via Diglett’s Cave) and replaced my Charmeleon’s Smokescreen with Seismic Toss and I received the Old Amber.
7.Defeat Lt.Surge with ONLY my Charmeleon (He was a joke!).
8.Fished for a Magikarp and named it NotDragon (You’ll see why soon!)
9.Had to train up Magikarp.
10.Magikarp learned Tackle at Lv.15. Hooray.
11.Replaced Parasect’s Spore with Bullet Seed. Hooray! It’s Parasect’s FIRST grass type move!
12.Went through Rock Tunnel, without Flash.
13.Whited out to some Hiker in Rock Tunnel.
14.Magikarp finally evolved into a Gyarados (which is NotDragon!).
15.Taught Gyarados Water Pulse.
16.Arrived in Lavender Town and beat Rival at the Pokemon Tower, however I turned back because I needed the Silph Scope.
17.Arrived in Celadon City and Ambushed Team Rocket’s hideout.
18.My Charmeleon evolved into the beast that is….Charizard!
19.Defeated Giovanni and obtained the Silph Scope.
20.Defeated the Marowak and rescued Mr.Fuji at the Pokemon Tower.
21.Defeated Erika with my Charizard.

Team and Badges
Spoiler:

Name:Lizard the Charizard at Lv.37
Type:Fire/Flying
Attacks:Mega Punch, Seismic Toss, Flamethrower, Wing Attack

Name:Fungus the Parasect at Lv.36
Attacks:Cut, Bullet Seed, Poison Powder, Slash

Name:NotDragon the Gyarados at Lv.35
Type:Water/Flying
Attacks: Splash, Bite, Water Pulse, Dragon Rage

4 Badges

Chapter 3:Clever name,right?
Spoiler:

1.Taught Parasect Giga Drain (The ™ from Erika).
2.Defeated the Snorlax on Route 12.
3.Defeated Snorlax on Route 16.
4.Received HM for Fly and taught that to my Charizard.
5.Passed by the Cycling Road.
6.Arrived in Fuchsia City.
7.Failed in beating Koga.
8.Went Training in Routes 14 and 15.
9.Received a Super Rod.
10.Obtained the Soul Badge on my second attempt.
11.Beat the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City.
12.Caught an Ekans on Route 11 and named it Snake, very clever right?
13.Trained up Ekans in the Silph Company Tower Thingy (The new title for that building).
14.My Ekans evolved into an Arbok.
15.Defeated Green (Once Again!) at the Silph Company Tower Thingy (or SCTT for short!).
16.Defeated Giovanni and rescued Silph Co…...at the Silph Company Tower Thingy.
17.Teleported around Sabrina’s Gym and won the Marsh Badge.

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Name:Lizard the Charizard at Lv.47
Attacks: Slash, Seismic Toss, Flamethrower, Fly

Name:Fungus the Parasect at Lv.46
Attacks:Cut, Giga Drain, Poison Powder, Slash

Name:NotDragon the Gyarados at Lv.46
Attacks:Hydro Pump, Bite, Water Pulse, Dragon Rage

Name: Snake the Arbok at Lv.32
Type: Poison
Attacks:Wrap, Glare, Poison Sting, Bite

6 Badges

Chapter 4:The Final Gym
Spoiler:

1.Had to go into the Safari Zone to get Surf. (Only one exception to the no currency rule)
2.Taught Surf to my Gyarados.
3.Surfed from Pallet Town to Cinnabar Island.
4.Retrieved an Aerodactyl from my Old Amber and named it FlyingRock.
5.Grinding up my Aerodactyl while teaching it some moves (Steel Wing and Fly via ™/HM).
6.Looked around the Pokemon Mansion (The place drived me nuts!).
7.Explored the Seafoam Islands.
8.After looking at a guide, I got HM for Strength and taught that to my Arbok.
9.After looking at another guide, I completed the Pokemon Mansion.
10.I defeated Blaine (without Burn Heals!).
11.Went to One Island with Bill.
12.Received the Tri-Map, the Meteorite, and the Town Map from Bill.
13.Arbok and Aerodactyl finally caught up with the rest of the team (in terms of levels).
14.Trained at Kindle Road.
15.Sailed to Two Island.
16.Sailed to Three Island.
17.Defeated the Bike Gang Thingy.
18.Explored the Berry Forest.
19.Challenged the Viridian Gym, expecting the worst.
20.Defeated Giovanni (Wasn’t that hard and I gained a lot of levels!).

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Name:Lizard the Charizard at Lv.48

Name:Fungus the Parasect at Lv.49

Name:NotDragon the Gyarados at Lv.48
Attacks:Hydro Pump, Bite, Surf, Dragon Rage

Name: Snake the Arbok at Lv.47
Attacks: Strength, Glare, Acid, Bite

Name:FlyingRock the Aerodactyl at Lv.47
Type:Rock/Flying
Attacks: Steel Wing, Rock Tomb, Take Down, Fly

8 Badges

Chapter 5:End Game.
Spoiler:

1.Defeated my Rival (how many times do I have to do this?).
2.Walked through the Victory Road Gate….
3….And entered Victory Road!
4.Whited out at Victory Road.
5.Whited out again! Getting a little careless here.
6.Reached the Indigo Plateau (Hooray for me!).
7.Trained a little, my levels are ranging from 49 - 51.
8.Bought 10 Revives and 10 Full Restores.
10.Whited Out at Agatha (Awwwwww!).
9.Challenged the E4 (So scared!).
11.Defeated Lorelei.
12.Barely defeated Bruno.
13.Defeated Agatha (So nervous..)
14.Barely survived Lance (nightmare when you have MY team!).
15.Defeated my Rival!

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Name:Lizard the Charizard at Lv.52

Name:Fungus the Parasect at Lv.52

Name:NotDragon the Gyarados at Lv.52
Attacks:Hydro Pump, Bite, Surf, Dragon Rage

Name: Snake the Arbok at Lv.50
Attacks: Strength, Glare, Acid, Earthquake

Name:FlyingRock the Aerodactyl at Lv.50
Type:Rock/Flying
Attacks: Steel Wing, Rock Tomb, Hyper Beam, Fly

8 Badges

Challenger's Comments
Spoiler:

This Jurassic Jam challenge really made the game....challenging....Yeah. reason behind this is because it was hard for me to find Pokemon that would fit the type. So at the star of the game, I was really overleveled. Charizard wasn't hard to work with, but whenever I caught a new pokemon, it was always hard training. Parasect and Arbok were REAL challenges. Especially because they were bad pokemon. Gyarados made it easy for me. Once I got the ability to revive fossils, I revived Omanyte and Aerodactyl. I initially wanted Omanyte, but then I already had Gyarados. Even though I already had Charizard, I went for Aerodactyl, just because I wanted to. But training Arbok and Aerodactyl was really HARD! Parasect and Arbok both never really shined really. Only times were when Parasect killed Giovanni's team. Arbok was just a pokemon that was there to help or support. Which helped me during E4. Aerodactyl also helped. Especially when against Green when he shattered three pokemon in a row at less than half of HP. Charizard and Gyarados, they are like the parents. The big guns. So yeah. It'll be soon when I will do ANOTHER Time Warp challenge. I'll just keep it a surprise. Awesome KagamiChan.

Last edited by 27thColt; November 2nd, 2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:22 AM
LiquidForce
The Upper Downer

Nature: Relaxed
Username: ShinyHuntahh#TeamChespin
Game: Emerald
Era: Jurassic Jam
Current Challenges:

LocationChallenge- HG
The Random Pokémon Challenge- HG

Completed Challenges:

Nuclocke- Y
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
27thColt
The Water Nerd Guy

I'm back to do another challenge! Here:
Name:27thColt
Game:Pokemon Crystal
Era:Ice Age
Old November 5th, 2013, 09:31 AM
LiquidForce
The Upper Downer

Nature: Relaxed
Uhmm, I'm doing the Jurassic Jam and......
Can I use a Beautifly or Dustox? Cause they're Bug/Flying and Bug/Poison??
Current Challenges:

LocationChallenge- HG
The Random Pokémon Challenge- HG

Completed Challenges:

Nuclocke- Y
Old November 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
DarkPoke001
Newfound Love For Togekiss

Nature: Modest
Looks pretty Awesome

Username: DarkPoke001
Game: Sapphire
Era: The Sci-Fi like future

I hope to use a tean of something like this:

Gardevoir
Aggron
Manetric
Skarmory
Medicham
And Magneton

would this be acceptable?
User Of The Dark Type...

Pokémon Y : Joshua - 0232-9296-9853
Pokémon Omega Ruby : TBC

Friend safari - Ground : Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

Hoenn Confirmed! - FOR REAL!

Last edited by DarkPoke001; November 5th, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old November 5th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHuntahh#TeamChespin View Post
Uhmm, I'm doing the Jurassic Jam and......
Can I use a Beautifly or Dustox? Cause they're Bug/Flying and Bug/Poison??

Sure you can o.o
as long as they don't dual-type with a banned type, all bug types are allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPoke001 View Post
Looks pretty Awesome

Username: DarkPoke001
Game: Sapphire
Era: The Sci-Fi like future

I hope to use a tean of something like this:

Gardevoir
Aggron
Manetric
Skarmory
Medicham
And Magneton

would this be acceptable?
Yes, that looks good.

Old November 6th, 2013, 04:35 AM
27thColt
The Water Nerd Guy

My First Ice Age Update, anyone who watched Chuggaaconroy knows where I got my skills.

Chapter 1:Very Punny..
Spoiler:

1.Named myself Gold.
2.Received my Pokegear from my Mom.
3.Walked to Prof.Elm’s lab.
4.Received Totodile and named it Totoro.
5.Received Pokedex from Prof.Oak.
6.Defeated ??? (Take that, ???!).
7.Named ??? Silver.
8.Caught a Geodude on Route 46 and named it Kiss.
9.Defeated Joey and got his phone number (Top Percentage!).
10.Reached Violet City.
11.Climbed the Sprout Tower.
12.Defeated an Old Man ang received HM05.
13.Defeated the Flying Gym of Falkner, it was a BREEZE with Geodude (Ooooohhh!)!
14.Received a Pokemon Egg from Prof. Elm’s assistants, I don’t know what to EGGspect from it (Woooooaaaahhhh!)!
15.Defeated a Picnicker with a Nidoran F that was on the phone, I made her nidoRAN away! Does she even call herself a trainer? Because she must be a PHONEy (Two birds with one stone!)!
16.Geodude learned Magnitude, it was GROUNDbreaking (Niiiiccceee!)!
17.Reached Azalea Town and talked to Kurt.
18.My Totodile evolved into Croconaw while rescuing Slowpokes.
19.Sweeped Bugsy with Geodude, he stopped BUGGING me after that (Hahhhahahahaha!)!

Team and Badges:
Spoiler:

Name:Totoro the Croconaw at Lv.19
Type:Water
Attacks: Scratch, Leer, Rage, Water Gun

Name:Kiss the Geodude at Lv.18
Type:Rock/Ground
Attacks:Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw, Magnitude

2 Badges
Old November 10th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly
Well I am pleased to announce that I have completed my Post-Apocalyptic Black version challenge!

Here are the final team specs after beating Alder:

-Cole Train the Emboar/ Lv. 78
Moves: Arm Thrust, Rock Smash, Heat Crash, Flamethrower.

-Scarlet the Scolipede/ Lv. 72
Moves: Protect, Steamroller, Poison Tail, Venoshock.

-Punk the Scrafty/ Lv. 76
Moves: Hi jump kick, Brick Break, Crunch, Feint Attack.

-King Tut the Confagrigius/ Lv. 77
Moves: Hex, Will O' Wisp, Curse, ShadowBall

-Crush the Carracosta / Lv. 79
Moves: Surf, Crunch, Shell Smash, Bite

-Tinker the KlingKlang/ Lv. 80
Moves: Mirror Shot, Gear Grind, Autotomize, Charge Beam.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
And it is finally over! The pirate-golden age has.come to an end!

Really enjoyed this challenge.
The team:
Redbeard the Magmar ~ Lv.66

S.S.Hunter the Kingler ~ Lv.67

Swampy the Swampert ~ Lv.66

Wrecker the Dragonite ~ Lv.65

Hasselhoff the Machamp ~ Lv.66

Cyclom the Dusclops ~ Lv.67
Check out my blog; pokeswamp.wordpress.com
This blog posts speculations and theories about Pokémon games.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:31 AM
damientheomen3
Muffintop, Esq.

Nature: Quiet
Username: damientheomen3
Game: Pokemon Gold
Era: Mobster

I love this idea and I'd like to do all of these. I'll start here for now.
Old November 13th, 2013, 01:08 PM
damientheomen3
Muffintop, Esq.

Mobster Mania Challenge

Day 1 Update

Started with a Chikorita (it kind of has a blade-like appendage; I won't use it for too long)
*I added my own element to the challenge. Considering mobsters tend to take care of their families and since I'm playing Pokemon Gold anyway, I set it so my guy sends money home to his mom, and I'm not allowed to take any money from her*
Beat my Rival.
Caught Gennaro the Spinarak.
Caught Al the Spinarak.
Trained some.
Caught DonLuciano the Zubat (obvious homage is obvious).
Caught Frank the Bellsprout.
Beat Bellsprout Tower.
Beat Falkner's Gym.
Made it through Union Cave.
Got to Azalea Town and decided it was time to drop off Lenny the Chikorita.
Beat Bugsy because DonLuciano is a beast.
Got bodied by my rival a couple times, so I decided to go back to Bellsprout Tower to get a Gastly.
Watched Al spend about 3 minutes whittling down a Gastly (while spending about 2/3s of the turns being fully paralyzed) only for him to critical and kill the Gastly.
Released Al.
Caught Giacomo the Gastly.
Trained Giacomo (missed a shiny wild geodude too), beat my rival.
Caught Salvatore the Exeggcute.
DonLuciano evolves into Golbat!
Absolutely wrecked Whitney (Confuse Ray + Bite flinch hax is a godsend against Rollout)
Beat the Sudowoodo.
Evolved Giacomo into Haunter.
Trained, then beat the Kimono Girls.
Caught a Slowpoke to use Surf with (I might use it too, but I forgot to nickname it for now).
Beat Morty.
DonLuciano evoled into Crobat following the battle!
Surfed to Mahogany, beat the Red Gyarados and got the Red Scale.
Traded the Red Scale for an Exp. Share with Mr. Pokemon (FINALLY).
Started training Slowpoke a little bit.
Decided that I'm not gonna be using Gennaro anymore, deposited him into the PC.

Badges Collected
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

DonLuciano the Crobat, Level 35
Movepool: Bite, Wing Attack, Leech Life, Confuse Ray

Giacomo the Haunter, Level 27
Movepool: Night Shade, Hypnosis, Spite, Shadow Ball

Frank the Weepinbell, Level 27
Movepool: Vine Whip, Acid, Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder

Salvatore the Exeggcute, Level 23
Movepool: Barrage, Confusion, Reflect, Leech Seed

Slowpoke the Slowpoke, Level 12
Movepool: Curse, Tackle, Growl, Surf

Last edited by damientheomen3; November 14th, 2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old November 14th, 2013, 10:09 AM
damientheomen3
Muffintop, Esq.

Mobster Mania Challenge

Day 2 Update

Beat Morty to get the fourth badge.
Went to the Tin Tower and beat my rival.
Met my rival about a minute after in Olivine City.
Surfed to Cianwood City, battled Chuck, got the 5th badge and picked up the Fly HM.
Went to the medicine guy and realized I forgot to go through the lighthouse. Then I realized I forgot to catch a flyer (I don't want fly on Crobat). D'oh.
Surfed back to Olivine, caught a Pidgey, and went up the Lighthouse.
Flew to Cianwood, got the medicine, and took it to Jasmine.
Got bodied by Jasmine, so I trained everyone up a couple of levels.
Beat Jasmine thanks to some ridiculous confusion hax (I kept losing because Jasmine's Magnemites kept paralyzing Haunter, but the Magnemite each hit themselves on every attack).
Went back to Mahogany, dealt with the radio signal dudes.
Battled and defeated Pryce.
Went to Goldenrod to go through the Radio Tower.
Beat the fake Director, went underground.
Beat my rival again.
Got the card key from the real director, and picked up the Amulet Coin.
Finished the Goldenrod Radio Tower.
Caught a wild Lickitung, solely for the reason of getting a Leaf Stone later.
Made it through Ice Path to Blackthorn City.
Finally got around to nicknaming Slowpoke. I went with Carmine.
FINALLY evolved Slowpoke into Slowbro.
Beat Clair.
Caught a Tentacool for Whirlpool purposes.
Got the Dragon Fang and the 8th badge along with it.

Badges Collected

Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

DonLuciano the Crobat, Level 41
Movepool: Bite, Wing Attack, Leech Life, Confuse Ray

Giacomo the Haunter, Level 37
Movepool: Night Shade, Hypnosis, Spite, Shadow Ball

Frank the Weepinbell, Level 34
Movepool: Vine Whip, Acid, Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder

Salvatore the Exeggcute, Level 37
Movepool: Poisonpowder, Confusion, Reflect, Leech Seed

Carmine the Slowbro, Level 38
Movepool: Icy Wind, Confusion, Strength Surf
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:43 PM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
I love this idea and after a lot of thought of which Era to go through, I finally settled on Mobster Mania.

Username: Mick Fizz
Game: Emerald
Era: Mobster Mania

Expected team:
Sableye
Crobat
Gardevoir
Sharpedo/Crawdawnt
Solrock

Is this acceptable? Or should I try to change Crobat?
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Well, Crobat is part Flying Type and Flying types are banned. So, since Crobat is only mandatory in Johto but not in Hoenn, you can't use it in Hoenn

Old November 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Tek
Feel so moon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
This is a very well thought out series of challenges. Furthermore, it gives me a great excuse to play through LeafGreen again! So, I will begin the Kanto Jurassic Jam.

USERNAME: YZN
GAME: LeafGreen
ERA: Jurassic
Old November 15th, 2013, 06:31 AM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KagamiChan View Post
Well, Crobat is part Flying Type and Flying types are banned. So, since Crobat is only mandatory in Johto but not in Hoenn, you can't use it in Hoenn
Roger. I'll replace it with some other Poison Type. I'll begin probably this weekend.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Old November 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Tek
Feel so moon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I know I'm not officially on the list of challengers yet, but I feel like I should update before I get too much farther in lol.

First Update:
Spoiler:

I chose Charmander as my starter. I reset about four or five times trying to get a helpful nature. But right as I was about to reset again, I noticed that Charmander looked a bit off. It was a shiny! I literally shouted. I got stuck with an Adamant nature, but I should be able to compensate with proper EV training. I gave Charmander the name TYRANT.

In the Viridian Forest, I caught a Jolly Weedle (on the first try) and a Timid Caterpie (which took several resets). I gave Caterpie the name STUNNER, and forgot to nickname the Weedle. When I get to Lavender I will name her BELLAHBUZZ. I trained all three of these on Route 2 until I felt prepared to make it through Viridian Forest.

Once I reached the other side, I continued training until I had a Beedrill and a Butterfree. Using STUNNER's Confusion and TYRANT's Metal Claw I defeated Brock's Rock-type gym with relative ease. I then obtained the running shoes and made my way towards Mt. Moon.

I spent a long time EV training and leveling up inside Mt. Moon. When I finally got to the Rockets, I took them down easily. At some point, TYRANT evolved into a Charmeleon. I chose the Helix fossil since Omastar can learn Waterfall and Rock Smash. After leaving Mt. Moon, I forgot to have the move tutor teach TYRANT Mega Kick. I'll have to journey through Mt. Moon again later, I guess.

In Cerulean City, I took on my rival and won easily since none of his Pokemon have evolved yet. I then tore through nugget bridge and am currently working my way through Route 25, heading for Bill's house.

My team is quite fast with all the EV training I've been doing. TYRANT has 77 Speed EP, BELLAHBUZZ has 99 Speed EP, and STUNNER has 88 Speed EP. Between BELLAHBUZZ's speed and the fact that she just learned Twinneedle, Misty's Starmie should be no problem.

Current Team:

TYRANT the Shiny Charmeleon
Lv 18 Adamant Male
Knows Ember, Scratch, Metal Claw, and Growl

STUNNER the Butterfree
Lv 20 Timid Male
Knows Confusion, Sleep Powder, Tackle, and Supersonic

BELLAHBUZZ the Beedrill
Lv 20 Jolly Female
Knows Poison Sting, Twinneedle, Fury Attack, and Focus Energy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (616.3 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here