The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:34 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Personally, I liked Generation 5's Elite 4 set up, cause honestly the old system felt kind of frustrating, I liked being able to choose, I myself still felt that feeling of achievement after beating each one even if I could choose which to go after, I want gen 5's system to stay, it was still intense but got rid of the frustration the old system brought.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Cassiopeiia
Floating

Nature: Bashful
I'd actually like them to completely overhaul the whole Pokémon League. To me it has grown terribly stale, especially the Gyms.
Why are they even called Gyms, it's so uncool.

I'd still like there to be a number of trials you have to bypass before you're invited to challenge some kind of Pokémon Champion. It's a game mechanic that works, and it also functions as a checkpoint-system for our reference throughout the journey. But they could make it infinitely more interesting if they scrapped the whole organized-sports image that I associate with the Gyms and the Elite Four. Instead there should be a number (6?) of Pokémon Masters living solitarily in hard-to-reach places throughout the region, only accompanied by their Pokémon and nature. They should all have a full team of six Pokémon and be awesome. It wouldn't hurt if you encountered some of them beforehand either, giving their character some depth. After you have beaten them all you are invited, per letter, to face the Pokémon Champion in his/her personal sanctuary. My point is that they could make each of these trials unique, interesting and exciting if they would only deviate a little from the formula they've been using for each Pokémon game up to this day. And the changes would be mostly aesthetical really.

In addition to this there should be a huge festival and Pokémon Championship in which you fight in knockout tournaments. Here you would encounter mostly new trainers, but also trainers relevant to the story, as well as trainers from previous installments of Pokémon; Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, rivals etc. You know, this festival is the real deal, everyone wants to take part. Of course, you would face a new batch of trainers each time you enter, preventing it from getting boring and predictable, and making leveling Pokémon late-game more exciting.
The Battle Frontier could be even another thing, or perhaps part of this festival.
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Although that all sounds like an awesome addition and revamp, I really don't see any sort of revamp of the system in the foreseeable future. For starters, changing the entire basis of you you enter the Pokémon League from all regions past probably wouldn't hold up to standards logistically in the Pokémon World. Although I think some things definitely could use some more depth, I don't think changing the entire layout of the games is really practical.
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Cassiopeiia
Floating

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Although that all sounds like an awesome addition and revamp, I really don't see any sort of revamp of the system in the foreseeable future. For starters, changing the entire basis of you you enter the Pokémon League from all regions past probably wouldn't hold up to standards logistically in the Pokémon World. Although I think some things definitely could use some more depth, I don't think changing the entire layout of the games is really practical.
You definitely have a point, and I don't really expect them to do any of this either. I just got a little carried away, rambling on about my personal fantasy for the future of Pokémon. :3
Old May 6th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

I want the elite 4 to not be type specific

I want the elite for to be mixed types, with perfect EVs movesets natures & held items

Same with the champion

So that when I get past them I feel like I've accomplished something. Cause right now it's just a damn joke.

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)
Old May 6th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Having set types for the Elite Four makes it all that little easier to defeat them, it would be interesting to have a mixture of all types so that every ground is covered and more tactical planning is required.

Old May 6th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookodile777 View Post
I want the elite 4 to not be type specific

I want the elite for to be mixed types, with perfect EVs movesets natures & held items

So that when I get past them I feel like I've accomplished something. Cause right now it's just a damn joke.
I definitely agree with this, as the Elite 4 doesn't seem like thaaaat much of a challenge, at least imo. Especially in B/W, i don't get why they would give them only 4 pokes each...
But i don't think they would make them all non type specific, as that would be too much of a change. I guess they could make them 2 typed at least, so that one type can cover the other type's weakness(es)...that would make it more interesting at least.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:21 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I agree with it being at least two types rather than one. Half of their team can be one type, and the other half is radically different. Also they're signature Pokemon can be both of those types.
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I definitely agree with this, as the Elite 4 doesn't seem like thaaaat much of a challenge, at least imo. Especially in B/W, i don't get why they would give them only 4 pokes each...
But i don't think they would make them all non type specific, as that would be too much of a change. I guess they could make them 2 typed at least, so that one type can cover the other type's weakness(es)...that would make it more interesting at least.
Good ideas there

They absolutely should have a full team of 6 yes, it's astounding that they don't as it is lol

And then yeah AT LEAST 2 types. I still think they should come across as legitimate trainers with a full set of 6 different pokemon but yeah at least 2 kinds would be an improvement.

Cause they're the "elite four" realistically all a trainer would ever be is a chump using all 1 type.

It could work if they had weather based teams for the elite four

Like maybe

Elite Four #1 : Sandstorm team :
Tyranitar, Excadrill, Lucario, Empoleon, Steelix, Garchomp

Elite Four #2 : Drought team :
Ninetales, Venusaur, Rhypherior, Tangrowth, Exeggutor, Charizard

Elite Four #3 : Rain team :
Politoed, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Jolteon, Bronzong, Ferrothorn

Elite Four #4 : Hail team :
Abomasnow, Weavile, Mamoswine, Cloyster, Jellicent, Reniculus

Champion : Overpowered legendary squad
Arceus (Fire), Rayquaza, Mewtwo (Awakened/Mewthree), Genesect (Shock drive), Kyurem, Giratina

All 5 of these teams they would equip with good held items, ideal natures & EVs, and great movesets with surprise coverage moves included. Also the ideal abilities to capitalize on the weathers and whatnot.

Some members of those weather teams might not make sense at 1st glance, but they do if you think about it for a minute :D

Old May 6th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I do actually like the weather theme, although the Champion is a little ridiculous. The Champion wouldn't ever have the god of Pokémon on their team, let alone legendaries that typical are considered to be "there's only one of these", especially since you're the one that's supposed to go out and capture them =P
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I do think if there was a weather themed Elite Four, people would immediately jump to the RS Remake hints.

Old May 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

I like the idea of having a weather themed pokeleague, but i think this is pretty unlikely.
After all Pokemon is primarily designed for kids, not competitive players, and having them change the whole concept of the league doesn't seem like something would do.

Old May 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

I always thought it would be kool if you had to go find the elite four and battle them like at there home town or just out in the pokemon world. Make it a little more relistic besides haveing the elite four wait around on you
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I guess they're always waiting around because it's their job, plus they tend to have the Pokémon League in just one location. However, having them varied around a bit more would definitely be interesting. Maybe even if the Pokémon League itself was a puzzle that you had to get through to reach the members of the Elite Four that'd be pretty cool!
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Giving the Elite 4 Puzzles sounds like a nice idea to me, they just would have to be pretty hard to make it interesting

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Krookodile777
Togepi

Quote:
I like the idea of having a weather themed pokeleague, but i think this is pretty unlikely.
After all Pokemon is primarily designed for kids, not competitive players, and having them change the whole concept of the league doesn't seem like something would do.
Well as I previously suggested, when you start the game they could give you difficulty options

1.Normal
2.Pokemon Master

If you pick Normal you get the kid mode game, you pick Pokemon Master you get the beast mode weather elite four and legitimately challenging gym leaders & everything

Old May 7th, 2013, 03:37 AM
metalhand

i wish there was a pokemon league like in the anime instead of the elite, if the trainers will be random i think it will be more challenging a fun
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
i wish there was a pokemon league like in the anime instead of the elite, if the trainers will be random i think it will be more challenging a fun
I actually think The PWT could be compared to the Anime PokeLeague, and i hope it will be featured in X/Y again, but bigger and better!! I wouldn't like to have a "random" Pokemon League...it just wouldn't feel that...epic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookodile777 View Post
Well as I previously suggested, when you start the game they could give you difficulty options

1.Normal
2.Pokemon Master

If you pick Normal you get the kid mode game, you pick Pokemon Master you get the beast mode weather elite four and legitimately challenging gym leaders & everything
This would be a pretty nice idea. Insted of having "Keys", like in B2/W2, introducing a difficulty level would be fun and fair for everyone. I actually could see this being a thing

Last edited by Zorogami; May 7th, 2013 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'd honestly love a combination of the two. Perhaps having a 32 man tournament to determine the victor (so you'd have to fight in 4 matches to win), and then you move on to the Elite Four and Champion. I'm pretty sure that's how the Anime worked as well (but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me!), but yeah, it'd be really cool to see. I mean, it's not like you're the only trainer that's reached that point!
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I do think if there was a weather themed Elite Four, people would immediately jump to the RS Remake hints.
Not necessarily. For me I'd relate it as tribute to Gen 5, which brought about weather all over OU. :( So if they did include it, it wouldn't have too many other connotations imo.
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:21 AM
metalhand

Quote:
I actually think The PWT could be compared to the Anime PokeLeague, and i hope it will be featured in X/Y again, but bigger and better!! I wouldn't like to have a "random" Pokemon League...it just wouldn't feel that...epic?
i also see PWT as a replacement, but if it will be some challenge that we must go through like the elite 4 it will be more fun. about the random trainers-i want it because it will be more challenging and harder to be preapare for the opponents

Quote:
I'd honestly love a combination of the two. Perhaps having a 32 man tournament to determine the victor (so you'd have to fight in 4 matches to win), and then you move on to the Elite Four and Champion. I'm pretty sure that's how the Anime worked as well (but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me!), but yeah, it'd be really cool to see. I mean, it's not like you're the only trainer that's reached that point!
thats also would be nice, i just want some change that would be refreshment
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
I'd honestly love a combination of the two. Perhaps having a 32 man tournament to determine the victor (so you'd have to fight in 4 matches to win), and then you move on to the Elite Four and Champion.
This does sound like a pretty awesome idea!
It would definitely make the league more challenging and have a pretty "realistic" vibe to it.
Rebattling the Elite 4 would be more fun as well, as the prior tournament would (almost) always be different than the one before that!

Old May 7th, 2013, 11:00 AM
metalhand

it maybe a small detail, but i would like to see a crowd watching us(neither its a pokeleague or elite four i still would like to see it), i really like crowd in PWT, and i believe people want to watch the 5 best trainers in the region challenged and battle someone.
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
i really like crowd in PWT, and i believe people want to watch the 5 best trainers in the region challenged and battle someone.
I guess they could make it work, but tbh i always liked the feeling of being alone in the PokeLeague. You walk this path by yourself, just your pokemon with you, and when you enter the next room, the door behind you closes. The only way to go is forward, beating the next Elite 4 member and continuing on your path to becoming champion. This always made me feel pretty epic, and had kind of a "do or die" feel to it.

Old May 8th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

If there was some sort of tournament implemented that lead to the Elite Four, it'd be cool to have people watching that. As for the actual Elite Four battles I'd have to agree that it'd be weird having a crowd in that. It is more of a secretive battle set anyways, at least that's how I interpreted it.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Sponsored Links