The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Hoenn Remake 139 92.67%
Kanto Remake 11 7.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure

With both Hoenn and Kanto (Re-release) coming out around the same time, people could argue why both are in need of a remake but that's not what I'm talking about.
Which would you prefer to see remade, Hoenn or Kanto? Assuming that they were on the 3DS you could imagine that both would look spectacular in their own way. Note that this is not a thread to discuss RSE/FRLG remakes, just a general poll of which you would prefer in terms of graphics etc.

Old December 16th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Hoenn should get its spotlight. Kanto is in almost every generation, so it's a bit too much. I don't think that they would do that since it's been in GSC, R/B/Y/G, HG/SS and its remake: FireRed and LeafGreen. Hoenn is only at the 3rd Gen which is barely sponsored at the others, so they should remake it and add enhanced qualities of it. The graphics could look good when we see that big building where the player is in the Devon Company or the boat as well. Also the sea, since of how vast it is.

Last edited by Volcanix769; December 16th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:06 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Hoenn. The landscape of Hoenn was far more superior than Kanto. And getting to see Hoenn in a 3D-ish.. kind of perspective would be just amazing to see.

We saw what they made with Johto with the gen IV graphics, now just imagine Hoenn with the Gen V graphics. It would be mind blowing.
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:08 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I'm getting quite tired of Kanto. And naturally, Hoenn has not had nearly enough attention and pampering compared to Kanto, so I think it's only time that it's brought into the spotlight. Also, I've never gotten to play any of the game situated in Hoenn much, so for me, I'd definitely love to see Hoenn get remade so I can experience a new journey.
Old December 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

I would say Hoenn, but I would buy both lol I didn't play the Kanto Remakes, so really the last game centered in Kanto would be Yellow..

But I still think Hoenn would be the way to go. I would love to see that
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I'd really hate to see another game with Kanto. That being said, if they actually made a Kanto remake, I'd still buy it. ;P

Old December 16th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

I REALLY hated all the tedious surfing in Hoenn, but I'd like to see what justice the Gen V graphics would bring to it.

The only reason I would be for a Kanto remake is the Sevii Islands
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
oh my gosh do we really need this topic.............

Sick of Kanto. It's smelly. Tired of it. Bored. Hoenn deserves the spotlight.
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I would rather Kanto doing it. Its a new frontier why not start with the region that started it all. Get its full story into the 3D environment and give it 3D CG videos like how HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 had them. Then release Hoenn remakes after testing since Hoenn wasn't as popular a series due to it being on a mildly bad system.

Only reason Hoenn sold bad was cause of the GBA. SP started to save sales, but not well enough.
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Cinnabar
Fenniken is godly.

Call me a criminal, but I'd love to see a Kanto remake. Nothing against Hoenn, but I just really didn't find it very... Standout-ish, aside from the torturous amounts of water routes, it wasn't very special to me. And plus, I think that it'd only be fitting that Kanto see's the first 3DS Pokemon RPG title.
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Turboblaze
Blazing Aura

I'd love to see a gen 5 or 6 Kanto on the DS but I think Hoenn should definitely come first. Sure 3rd gen wasn't the greatest but I think with all the new mechanics that have been introduced in recent games, Hoenn remakes could be way better than they originally were.

White 2: Pokedex-65/649 ~ Medals-27/255 ~Trainer Card: Blue
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

The only way that I'd want to see another Kanto-based game before a Hoenn remake would be if it was placed many years after the events of the originals (and remakes). Considering HG/SS (with Kanto) was released internationally in 2010 compared to nearly eight years for Emerald, I think that Hoenn is long overdue.
Old December 17th, 2012, 01:34 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I love Hoenn; it's probably my favourite region.
So yes, especially after just having Kanto in HG/SS, I'd love to see a Hoenn remake.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old December 17th, 2012, 02:20 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
I want a Hoenn Remake. I'm soooo tired of Kanto. Too much Kanto remakes. Hoenn deserves to be beautiful. And I don't really care about the water. Hoenn is a tropical region and I live on a freakin island :3 If Hoenn gets a remake I'm sure it'll be 75% more popular then it is now. The only reason it looked ugly was because it was Gamefreak's first games on GBA. Hence why Firered/Leafgreen Looks better.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old December 17th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I wouldn't mind either, because thinking of Kanto in new graphics gets me a bit excited, but there is no question that Hoenn would be more appreciated. Maybe they'll combine them for FIRE RUBY or something.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old December 17th, 2012, 09:21 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'd be happy to see a Hoenn remake in the next year or so; Kanto has been remade twice already.

Old December 17th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I have to say, please no Kanto. We've had enough Kanto for quite a while and Im hoping we wont see another Kanto game or Kanto featured in any way until the 20th anniversery of Pokemon. Hoenn needs more exposure, I think Ruby and Sapphire need to be remade next. Im not opposed to a Kanto game on the 3DS but Ruby and Sapphire needs to be first.
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Let's see the possible benefits for both region remakes: physical/special split from Gen IV, cross-gen evolutions from Gen II and IV (and possibly Gen VI) added to the dex, unlimited use of TMs from Gen V, return of Voltorb Flip from HG/SS, retweaked gym leader/Elite Four roster, and revamped post-game features. Sadly, I see Kanto remakes making more sense because the story issues for the R/S remakes, since Emerald is considered to be the true story of Gen III. Plus, who is going to be the champion in the remakes: Steven or Wallace? Will Juan return?
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
If I'm restricted to choosing just one, then Hoenn, since Hoenn hasn't had another chance to shine yet. However, I would much prefer to have both a Hoenn remake (say Emerald) and a Kanto remake (say a combination of FR and LG) and have them released together as Gen III remakes. So then, not only do we get some awesome remakes, we also get a paired games that are entirely different.
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:12 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
We've seen a Kanto remake twice already. It's only fair in my opinion to see a Hoenn remake and I would love to see one as well, but they add more things to it just like what they did in Kanto for LeafGreen and FireRed.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 18th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

As long as they can compensate for that god awful surfing tedium, then I'd be all for a Hoenn remake... but honestly, I get this strange feeling that GameFreak might put it off for the sixth generation. Besides, Kanto has essentially been reborn twice already.

Last edited by Aeon; December 18th, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Nebula
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Nature: Relaxed
Hoenn, hands down. I enjoyed the region and all of the lovely Pokémon that came with it. I have seen far too much of Kanto for my own good and I think a re-make of Hoenn would be absolutely amazing. I can already imagine how the graphics might look on the 3DS.

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old December 19th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Hoenn, most deffinitally. I loved the region and I didn't think so badly of the surfing routes. It was actually quite nice (including the diving and such). When I think back of playing Sapphire and Emerald, it's with fond nostalgia. Likewise with the Hoenn Battle song from the SSBB OST.

I would love for Hoenn to get a second chance at proving that it's a great region. As many said before, Kanto's been able to do that quite some times already. We know it's good, no reason to go through it again. Go for a less popular region. If it's money issues, people will buy it anyways. :B It's Pokémon, after all.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old December 19th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Starry Windy
Osha, Oshawott!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I choose Hoenn because that's where I start my first journey in Pokemon world. That will be great to experience the Hoenn region once again.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr

Last edited by Starry Windy; December 20th, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old December 25th, 2012, 08:48 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Kanto remake has been done. Its Hoenn times to be remade. I actually enjoyed Hoenn. I think thats when the series changed
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links