The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 24th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Username: Roxanne Rosie
Game: Y
Leader: Flannery

mmm dis gunna b gud

pairs!
wac!

Last edited by Roxanne Rosie; February 24th, 2014 at 09:12 PM. Reason: wee
Old March 5th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Someday
*Waits for NHL 15 and ORAS*

Nature: Modest
Here is my one update for the Roxanne Gym Leader Challenge (Emerald)

Spoiler:

-I wanted to replicate her Third Rematch team, which is much stronger than her default squad and each of the other Rematch teams.
-Caught Nosepass, Aerodactyl, Kabuto, Omanyte, and got Geodude from other Emerald save
-Grinded Kabuto until it learned Mud Shot

ROXANNE (Badge #1)
The Mirror Match! I had Kabuto take out Roxy's Nosepass, and Geodude fell to Omanyte's Bubble.

-Grinded like hell and waited until Aerodactyl was at Lv.~20 to fight Brawly, as his team would demolish mine at its current state.

BRAWLY (Badge #2)
-All Aerodactyl. As the lone Flying type on my team, Aerodactyl had an important role.
-Wing Attack everything. Win.

-I defeated my Rival in one of the hardest Rival fights Pokemon has to offer at this stage of the game. My Rocks were able to resist every type despite this.
-With my Ground/Rock types, I could take on Wattson very quickly. As Geodude is an offspring of my last Golem from the Type Cycle Challenge, it came out of the Egg with Earthquake and a few other helpful moves.

WATTSON (Badge #3)
-Geodude, I mean, Graveler, I mean Golem (it evolved, then I traded it by the way) unleashed its mighty Earthquake on Wattson. Easy fight, because almost nothing could attack my Golem.

FLANNERY (Badge #4)
Not a single problem here. Golem cleaned her team up.

-[GRINDING INTENSIFIES] [MORE GRINDING] [GETTING TIRED OF TYPING LIKE THIS]
-Grinded until Kabuto---> Kabutops and Omanyte--->Omastar!!!

NORMAN (Badge #5)
Possibly the third strongest threat to my team, his Slaking is such a force at this point in the game. I needed my entire team fully evolved to stand a chance against him. Slaking went down thanks to some Bite flinches from Omastar and Slash crits from Kabutops.
-Very satisfying win. I felt that I could finish the game with ease now.

So was the case for the rest of the Gyms. I won't go too deep into detail with these because of how easy they were.

WINONA (Badge #6)
ROCKS. That is all. Nosepass came through here.

TATE&LIZA (Badge #7)
Omastar used Surf! The End.

It begins....

-Lots of Surfing and annoying Team Aqua/Magma encounters.

JUAN (Badge #8)
I HATE KINGDRA I HATE KINGDRA I HATE KINGDRA
(Sorry.) I lost at least ten times to Juan and his Rest/Double Team Kingdra. I call it...
RNGDRA, because the only way it can be beat is with luck.

On the eleventh attempt, I made sure to grind, fighting all 729??? Trainers between Pacifidlog and Ever Grande City. That stupid Kingdra is going DOWN!!!

THE REMATCH
-Beat everything outside Kingdra with ease. The others were not an issue.
-Kill RNGDRA thanks to Juan only using one Full Restore, and Double Team's hax not working. Very well then.

VICTORY ROAD
-Crush Wally. Poor kid.
-Grind like there's no tomorrow! Lv.60 for all!!!

SIDNEY
-Golem's Brick Break left nothing surviving. I know all of Sidney's strategies due to my experiece in this game.

PHOEBE
Omastar's Bite was all that I needed, besides the Blackglasses I gave it before the battle.

GLACIA
Aerodactyl's Ancientpower put a huge dent in all her Ice types. Walrein's bulk was a pain, but Golem came in to finish the job.

DRAKE
"Nooo, don't do it, please don't do it!" -Me, after Drizzy used Full Restores when Omastar's Ice Beam did not OHKO Salamence. Ice Beam finished everything else though.

Dare I say... WE MADE IT *beat plays*

WALLACE
Who can dance the most elegantly in Hoenn? Show me right here and now!
Answer: Gyarados, who spammed Dragon Dance until a lucky crit killed the stupid thing!

Jokes aside, here's what went down:
-I needed an answer for Wailord, because Water Spout decimated my Ground/Rocks. I found it in Omastar, who spammed Bite until some luck ensued.
-Ludicolo's Giga Drain was also tough to stop, but Aerodactyl came in clutch to take it out!
-Back to Gyarados. I kept Aerodactyl out and revived it until Ancientpower ended it.
-Whiscash. I had Kabutops Slash for a helpful critical hit.
-Milotic. The last Pokemon until I win. It was only appropriate to give the nod to Omastar. Lord Helix proved to be the MVP of my team as its Water typing saved my team. Bite flnches and Ancientpower finsished the job.

I AM THE CHAMPION!

...But it's not over. Steven will remind me of this in the next battle.

STEVEN
Now this guy's no Red, but even with a Water type, Steven is no easy victory. His Skarmory and cradily ravaged my team, and took about 30 Revives and Full Restores from me.

-Skarmory: The ___ left my entire team poisoned until Nosepass played hero with a critical hit Shock Wave.
-Claydol: Surf killed it before bad things happened.
-Aggron: This guy is a r*pe train if there's no Fighting, Ground, Water or Fire types on the team. Luckily, I had Golem take it out.
-Armaldo: That Pokemon where you can never remember its weakness. Omastar's Surf finished it out before it got violent.
-Cradily: Oh man. Don't let this stupid thing set up. I warned you, bro. I had to disrupt its vicious cycle of status moves with Ice Beam from Omastar. Giga Drain OHKO'd a lot of my Pokemon. DANGEROUS stuff.
-Metagross: His signature. The one Pokemon you think of when Steven is mentioned. The strongest Pokemon is Ruby/Sapphire remains the strongest Pokemon in Emerald. And oh boy, what a tough Pokemon Metagross is in Gen 3.

Golem Earthquakes and tanks a Meteor Mash somehow, then responds with the victory blow. I defeat Steven and the entirety of Hoenn with Roxanne's team. Finally.

It was a blast (I'll avoid the words rock and blast for the sake of puns) to use Roxanne's team in a playthrough, and something I have wanted to do for a while. Using your favorite Gym Leader's team in a playthrough is something every true Pokemon fan should try.

FINAL:

Nosepass Lv.80
Toxic/Thunder Wave/Rock Slide/Earthquake

Aerodactyl Lv.80
Wing Attack/Fly/Ancientpower/Earthquake

Golem Lv.80
Earthquake/Brick Break/Strength/Rollout

Omastar Lv.80 [MVP]
Surf/Ice Beam/Ancientpower/Bite

Kabutops Lv.80
Slash/Ancientpower/Aerial Ace/Mud Shot
Animu:http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GucciMeme

Last edited by Someday; March 5th, 2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old March 14th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Jbsundown

Username: Jbsundown
Game: Fire Red
Leader: Clair

Completed Challenges:
Legendary Trio: Crystal; Moltres, Lugia, Raikou
Username Challenge: FireRed
Old March 16th, 2014, 08:52 AM
DavidBarnes
Forever young.

Nature: Gentle
Username: DavidBarnes
Game: Leaf Green
Leader: Lt. Surge
Old April 1st, 2014, 05:38 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Username: LilJz
Game: Yellow
Leader: Koga

Going another round of this awesome challenge
Old April 16th, 2014, 11:07 AM
SeedOfHope

Username: SeedOfHope
Game: GreenLeaf
Leader: Clair

Planning to use my 3 trades on Dratini, Horsea, Aerodactyl(all Level 5), is it OK? I know that they can all be found later in the game, but not until a while, and it just seems more fun to have them from the start to the end, IMO.
Old April 20th, 2014, 06:28 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Update #1

Caught my 2nd team member and now fighting Team Rocket at the Game corner

Badges Obtained:

Current Pokemon Team:

Vulpix
Level 24
Ember, Tail Whip, Quick Attack & Roar

Nidoking
Level 42
Leer, Poison Sting, Horn Attack & Double Kick
Old April 20th, 2014, 07:13 AM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Name: Molivious
Game: Heartgold
Leader: Brock-o-li Giovanni

<3 though i kinda wanted his two anime pokemon in my team -- croagunk and ludicolo... oh well, Steelix is still gonna kick balls and OHMAHGAHD look'a mah Rha'dawns!

Edit: ashdjfjsjsdk! forget the toad and mexican duck egg, Giovanni's roster is freakin' awesome =O Steelix, Rhyperior, Gliscor, Sandslash, Nidoking AND MEOWTH ajdjfjfnsnajdjri...not to mention how easy it is to get all of them. Brock must be like "daf**happened?" right now. lmao.

Last edited by molivious; April 20th, 2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old April 25th, 2014, 11:43 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Update #2

Evolved Vulpix & caught Tentacool at level 15 and leveled him up until he evolved into Tentacruel. He's still a bit weak so I'm grinding him in Silph Co.

Badges Obtained:

Current Pokemon Team:

Tentacruel
Level 31
Supersonic, Constrict, Poison Sting & Water Gun

Nidoking
Level 45
Leer, Poison Sting, Horn Attack & Double Kick

Ninetales
Level 39
Flamethower, Tail Whip, Quick Attack & Confuse Ray
Old May 11th, 2014, 01:18 AM
SeedOfHope

[...previous post cut down...]

tl;dr: Because of the incredibly tight in-game restrictions on outsider Pokemons, I am more or less forced to break the rules in order to beat Misty(bring another, stronger outsider Pokemon which I am not allowed to use, then get rid of it as soon as I get her badge). If it's OK, then good! If it's not, feel free to throw me out of the challenge, I'll just finish the game on my own.

(no answer, so I'm going to assume it's OK)

____

Okay, so on another topic...

Update #1 (Clair @ GreenLeaf)

Badges:

Team:

Annabelle, the Dratini

Level 29
Shock Wave, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage

Jupiter, the Aerodactyl

Level 30
Wing Attack, Fly, Bite, Ancientpower

Karine, the Horsea

Level 30
Twister, Smokescreen, Leer, Water Gun

June, the Charmeleon

Level 29
Smokescreen, Mega Kick, Ember, Dig

Katie, the Dragonair

Level 30
Slam, Dragon Rage, Thunder Wave, Water Pulse

Carmen, the Gyrarados

Level 18
Thrash

Text updates/Random observations:

• Started with June, the Charmander; Jupiter, the Aerodactyl(traded, lv. 5); Katie, the Dratini(traded, lv. 5); and Karine, the Horsea(traded, lv. 5)
  • Later I bought Annabelle, the Dratini at the Game Corner(lv. 24), and fished Carmen, the Gyarados, on the road between Lavender and Fushia(lv. 18)
  • Badge 1 was pretty easy, Karine the Horsea did most of the job. Badge 3 and 4 were easy too, with June, the Charmeleon(who mostly used Dig against Lt. Surge). The less said about Badge 2, the better.
  • Apart from badge 2 everything is going very smoothly. Apart from a very troubled time between badge 1 and 2, never really felt I was ever in danger of blacking out. Nothing unexpected to report too, no shiny, no weird glitch, etc. The whole thing is probably even easier than expected, but of course half of my party is traded, so they're growing 1.5x faster. Though I could really do without, to be honest.
  • Didn't realise how powerful Aerodactyl was on low levels! Very good stats, plus wing attack(power 60, accuracy 100, which is exremely good for the early stages of the game) as first ever attack.
  • Dratini also becomes very powerful once it learns Dragon Rage(removes 40 PV to foe, accuracy 100) around low 20s levels, as it allows it to 2HKO virtually anything that is below level 30 or so.
  • Karine, the Horsea has proven to be slightly harder to train as expected, because Horsea is stuck with Bubble(power 20 only) as only offensive move until low-20s level, until it learns Water Gun, which isn't such a hugely powerful move either. Also I'm quite surprised that she hasn't evolved yet(she's level 30, not sure when Horsea evolves exactly). Horsea evolves later than Dratini, for example! I did not really expect that, to be honest.
  • Big facepalm moment as I taught Water Pulse to Katie, the Dratini; instead of Karine, the Horsea. It was a big mistake as a) Horsea is stuck with Bubble for quite a while, which made it harder to grind; b) Water Pulse isn't even so powerful with Dratini, c) Dratini and its evolutions can learn boatloads of moves so chances are I'm going to get rid of Water Pulse pretty soon anyway.
  • Last thing I did before writing this update was catching Carmen, the Gyarados. I'm very pleased as I did not think it would be possible to catch one with a Super Rod. Thought I'd be stuck with a Magikarp for a little while. She's only level 18 though, but with pretty good stats and Trash(kind of random to have a power 90, accuracy 100 move as your only move, isn't it), she shouldn't be too hard to grind.
  • Very confident for the rest of the game, until the Elite 4 that is. My main concern right now is Lorelei. With half of my party set to have ice as double weakness(Aerodactyl and Dragonite 2x), plus water being a weakness to Charmander, plus 2 water types who don't even have a resistance to ice because of their respective 2nd type, it will be a real challenge I think. But that's good, because the whole thing is turning to be easier than I thought, right now.
  • Sorry for the long post, but I'm really enjoying this! After this game I do have lots of plans as far as Pokemon games are concerned, but I really fancy doing a second round of the challenge sometime in the future, if I get the opportunity.

Last edited by SeedOfHope; May 14th, 2014 at 01:32 AM.
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:30 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Final Update!

Badges Obtained:

Current Pokemon Team:

Tentacruel
Level 53
Supersonic, Toxic, Barrier, Blizzard & Surf

Nidoking
Level 52
Leer, Earthquake, Take Down & Double Kick

Ninetales
Level 53
Flamethrower, Tail Whip, Double-Edge & Confuse Ray

Electrode
Level 54
Thunder Wave, Explosion, Light Screen & Thunderbolt
Old May 30th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Shadow Man
Nerfed Metal Blade

Nature: Careful
Username: Shadow Man
Game: Pokemon Y
Leader: Wattson

I was originally gonna do a different leader and game, but I changed my mind.

Last edited by Shadow Man; June 25th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old June 14th, 2014, 11:01 AM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Guess who finally completed Gardenia's run on Platinum? Gee this team.. was interesting o.o

Anyways- Hall of fame (Leafeon is hiding lol)

Spoiler:

Final team:

Ecco|Male|Naive Nature|Solar Power|Lvl 65
SolarBeam
Body Slam
Fly
Leaf Storm

Rose|Female|Docile Nature|Poison Point|Lvl 65
Mega Drain
Petal Dance
Toxic
Sludge Bomb

Tay|Male|Quirky Nature|Leaf Guard|Lvl 65
Strength
Magical Leaf
Last Resort
Giga Drain

Carnivora|Female|Sassy Nature|Levitate|Lvl 65
Vine Whip
Power Whip
Ingrain
Crunch

Cherry|Female|Quirky Nature|Flower Gift|Lvl 65
SolarBeam
Magical Leaf
Petal Dance
Sunny Day

Terry|Male|Adamant Nature|Overgrow|Lvl 66
Earthquake
Crunch
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm

New Sign-up:
Username: AoTora
Game: BlazeBlack
Leader: Morty

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.

Last edited by AoTora; June 14th, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old July 4th, 2014, 03:18 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

I just realized I haven't even used Muk in my Koga challenge... so to feel better for myself, I'll redo Koga.

Username: LilJz
Game: Ruby
Leader: Koga
Old July 5th, 2014, 06:21 PM
hihohilton

Username: hihohilton
Game: Volt White 2
Leader: Giovanni
Old July 6th, 2014, 09:57 AM
joshbl56
Feeling better?

I completely forgot I was even doing this challenge D: I'm gonna redo it but on X. Here is my new form:

Username: Joshbl56
Game: Pokemon X
Leader: Giovanni

Final Update

Defeated Pokemon League

Final Team:

James|Chesnaught|Level 78|Overgrow
Body Slam
Bulk Up
Wood Hammer
Hammer Arm

Domino|Meowstic|Level 78|Infiltrator