The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Da_Man32
Togepi

Advertise here
It's not a huge issue for me, but I think you should have the choice to use multiple save files. Players who want to restart and try out new challenges could do so, and players who want one unique adventure could just not use the multiple saves. Imagine, for instance, this dilemma: you caught a shiny, but you want to start a new adventure. Now you can delete the shiny, or go buy the same game twice. Shouldn't be like that. And I definitely agree it's not a technology problem.
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:52 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
one problem with this would be that you could keep catching legendaries, trade them to another game, and trade them to your normal file, then repeat. making the legendary pokemon far too common. or this could be even easier if they allow trading between files. and a lot of people will get one version while their brother or sister gets the other. but with this feature they would just get one game and share. it just seems like to much trouble and only to lower profits.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Jimmyray
Oldie

Everyone seems to be assuming there is some barrier whereby if multiple save files are made available then nobody will buy both copies, but I think if they made a few more significant differences between the two versions they bring out, people will be just as likely to go out and buy the other game. If you can start over 3 times on a game, sure you can play through with all starters and experiment new teams and everything else, but it still doesn't get you the other legendary etc. So just create a bigger distinction between the 2 games where we still feel like we're missing something by not having the other one, that's what I'm saying. People who would normally buy both probably still will, I don't believe that's completely determined by the lack of multiple save files.

Of course though, you do have that whole traditional, sentimental feel that your save file is your own world, but I think there's ways around that for the producers. For example, an extra save file could be unlocked just like difficulty modes were unlocked at the end of B2W2.

I would say that although it's unlikely, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they did it. I mean, they are trying new things now, I was pretty surprised when they decided to make a direct sequel to Black & White, but that's a different kind of matter, and maybe that's just me. Ultimately, for me personally it would just be an asset of the game knowing that I can try out different teams without deleting my original file, and I know in my head that my first one would be my primary one, so there's no issues there. That's my view anyway.
Platinum: 1290 5591 8589
White: 1119 9903 5644
White 2: 0477 0343 3480
3DS: 0104 0289 0550
Old March 17th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyray View Post
Everyone seems to be assuming there is some barrier whereby if multiple save files are made available then nobody will buy both copies, but I think if they made a few more significant differences between the two versions they bring out, people will be just as likely to go out and buy the other game. If you can start over 3 times on a game, sure you can play through with all starters and experiment new teams and everything else, but it still doesn't get you the other legendary etc. So just create a bigger distinction between the 2 games where we still feel like we're missing something by not having the other one, that's what I'm saying. People who would normally buy both probably still will, I don't believe that's completely determined by the lack of multiple save files.
I haven't had words to say this, but this was exactly one of the points I've wanted to get across. If they're so concerned about sales for both version, then make them have enough exclusivity that the consumer still wants to buy both. Multiple save files just gives us the exact same experience for as far as the game itself has control. Sure, we can use different teams, do challenges, pick different starters, but at the end of the day we are still playing through the exact same game over again. Game Freak, do you want me to go out and buy the other version? Then give me something that's different from the one I already have. Giving me an extra save file isn't what would stop me from going out to buy it, it's me buying the same game over again with tiny differences that make it not worth it.
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM
ProfessorBeeching
Professor Of Fail

Nature: Quirky
I think we'll see some weird kind of one-sided trading (or 'gifting') of Pokemon to another game implemented before we see multiple save functions. I'm fine with deleting my old saves - I just check for good pokemon on said save about twenty times before I'm happy with it. Besides, multiple saves would harm the second-hand market even more than it has already been hit, and I'd lost my incentive to snag up other people's copies in shops.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here