< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks FireRed POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread Closed Thread

Old September 22nd, 2013 (6:20 AM).
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Huh? DRG suddenly remembered her password? :D Interesting... o.O
I still want screenshots, though.
It's amazing how a little drama makes people remember things. I'm willing to wait if it gives DRG the ability to release what she wants when she wants no matter what the due date and progress, it's her hack after all.

Well anyway, now that no one is confused anymore and the thread isn't a poor excuse of a prog. hack thread anymore, here's hoping much improvement happens over DR1.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 22nd, 2013 (2:53 PM).
Silver Tier

I hope this wont be as glitchy as dr1. Found so many glitchs in dr1 lol.
Looking to start beta testing Rom hacks again :D
Old September 23rd, 2013 (7:02 AM).
Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
DarkRising 2 is coming soon spring 2014.
Woohoo (in the words Of wwe superstar Daniel Bryan) YES!YES!!YES!!! i was gone for 2 days and DRG remembered her Password i'm so gotta play this next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Huh? DRG suddenly remembered her password? :D Interesting... o.O
I still want screenshots, though.
Aw man I wanna see some screenshots or maybe an alpha or a beta
Old September 23rd, 2013 (12:15 PM).

The hype is so big... loved DR 1 my fav gba pokemon hack the story was sooo amazing hope the same person is workin at it
GL DRG plis make my dream happen
Old September 23rd, 2013 (9:11 PM).

Nature: Jolly
This well be better than first one can't wait to play it.
Old September 24th, 2013 (2:54 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
This well be better than first one can't wait to play it.
On the other hand... if it'll be bug-checked it can't be worse, huh?
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 24th, 2013 (5:20 AM).

Hopefully there won't that many if non at all. No offense to DRG. If you don't know what i mean i mean bugs.
Old September 25th, 2013 (7:40 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Dark Rising 2 Beta will be released Christmas Eve.

The beta's length is 5 badges, and will end after the climatic showdown at the Omega Utopia. At the conclusion of this beta, the player would have;

*Gained New Allies at the lost of a very important one.
*Battled an all-out war against Team Omega(Team Rocket, Team Magma/Aqua, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, and their leaders).
*Discovered the origins of the Fairy-Type.
*Gained a new, darker, more mentally unstable enemy.
*Finally learned the location of the sealed chamber that contains the Alpha Pokemon, Arceus.

Early Screenshots will be posted December 1st.

Apologies to anyone who has tried to reach out to me for any reason and I did not respond back. I've only read very few messages and posts since I've been gone from the community. Keep in mind that although I do not participate in the thread any longer, I'm still 100% committed into finishing the Dark Rising series.

Question: Will everyone still be into Rom Hacks after the release of X & Y?
Old September 25th, 2013 (8:57 PM).

Nature: Quirky
Awesome i knew you hadn't forgotten about it :D
I'll definitely still be into rom hacks c:
Old September 25th, 2013 (10:45 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote:

We still don't get screenies until the last moment... tsche... :/

Quote:
ROM hacking scene survived BW, B2W2 and will survive X&Y.
Everything's just hype. After hype's ended people will be naturally drawn to new games which ROM hacking section offers.

Old September 25th, 2013 (10:50 PM).
Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Dark Rising 2 Beta will be released Christmas Eve.

The beta's length is 5 badges, and will end after the climatic showdown at the Omega Utopia. At the conclusion of this beta, the player would have;

*Gained New Allies at the lost of a very important one.
*Battled an all-out war against Team Omega(Team Rocket, Team Magma/Aqua, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, and their leaders).
*Discovered the origins of the Fairy-Type.
*Gained a new, darker, more mentally unstable enemy.
*Finally learned the location of the sealed chamber that contains the Alpha Pokemon, Arceus.

Apologies to anyone who has tried to reach out to me for any reason and I did not respond back. I've only read very few messages and posts since I've been gone from the community. Keep in mind that although I do not participate in the thread any longer, I'm still 100% committed into finishing the Dark Rising series.

YES!YES!!YES!!! Christmas Release!(Since i live in the philippines its 12 hours ahead of U.S time)And i'm Fired Up
Old September 29th, 2013 (1:30 AM).

Nature: Lonely
awesome!! im coming back at dec!!! :D
Old September 29th, 2013 (11:46 AM).

THIS IS IT FINALLY I DONT KNOW WHAT TO PLAY CANT WAIT CAPS LOCK LVL OVER 9000
Old September 29th, 2013 (3:38 PM).

So will we be able to catch Darugis?
Old September 30th, 2013 (4:33 AM).

It'd be fun but i dont think so cuz u have been chosen by arceus which is darugis' enemy so i don't see that coming
Old September 30th, 2013 (3:39 PM).
Sophisticated Young Trainer

Nature: Serious
i guess DarkRising2 should be Ultima then with all the new update data in it..
Old October 2nd, 2013 (12:01 AM).
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
I asked my previous question(Will anyone still be into Rom Hacking after the release of Pokemon X & Y?) because, although rom hacking has continued after 4th and 5th gen, this new 6th gen brings much more changes to the mechanics of Pokemon games than the previous. The only noteworthy change from 3rd to 4th gen was the physical/special spilt, which hackers have learned to program into hacks. Now, there’s a new type added and various new changes to battling. Of course hackers will eventually learn to make those changes into their own personal rom hack, but not everyone will be able to make those big changes. We’re all going to get used to how Pokemon Battles have changed after X & Y releases next Saturday, and I feel new hackers are going to want those changes programed into their hacks right away. Gen 3 mechanics just won’t feel right anymore.
I think the best programmers in the rom hacking community should come together and program these new changes into clean gba roms(Since it’s the most common to use) and have these roms available for everyone to download. If anyone agrees with this idea, spread the word wherever something like this should be posted.

SCREENSHOTS (Please Note, the screenshots below were taken with the intention not to show much. I’m keeping plenty of the new areas under wraps until the hack is released on Christmas Eve.)

There’s a possibility the beta will be released before Christmas Eve due to leaks of the 6th gen Pokemon coming very early. I’ve already inserted Pancham’s height/weight/pokedex information. (Thanks to the lucky guy, kosthedin, who got the game tonight & has been revealing a ton of information along with pictures. If you haven’t checked it out yet, here’s a link to his instagram. BE WARNED AS IT CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!!! http://instagram.com/kosthedin# )

I’m positive I won’t sign back on to the community until Christmas Eve when I release the beta (Or earlier, as I mentioned above). But I’ll continue to work on the hack & make progression day by day. I’ll make a promise to myself Not to let GTA5 consume my free time more than it has already, and devote more time to completing the hack.
Also, even though I haven't responded personally to a lot of you, I would like to say Thank You All for your support. I really appreciate it & it's what keeps me coming back to my laptop every day to complete not only this hack, but the entire series. You won't be disappointed. Til Then!
Old October 2nd, 2013 (8:05 AM).

I like the screen shot you have improved a lot n my IMO. Good luck to you. with finishing this.
Old October 3rd, 2013 (12:56 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote:
I asked my previous question(Will anyone still be into Rom Hacking after the release of Pokemon X & Y?) because, although rom hacking has continued after 4th and 5th gen, this new 6th gen brings much more changes to the mechanics of Pokemon games than the previous. The only noteworthy change from 3rd to 4th gen was the physical/special spilt, which hackers have learned to program into hacks. Now, there’s a new type added and various new changes to battling. Of course hackers will eventually learn to make those changes into their own personal rom hack, but not everyone will be able to make those big changes. We’re all going to get used to how Pokemon Battles have changed after X & Y releases next Saturday, and I feel new hackers are going to want those changes programed into their hacks right away. Gen 3 mechanics just won’t feel right anymore.
I think the best programmers in the rom hacking community should come together and program these new changes into clean gba roms(Since it’s the most common to use) and have these roms available for everyone to download. If anyone agrees with this idea, spread the word wherever something like this should be posted.
Fairy type has been successfully put into some hacks, P/S split is also pretty much done...
There were also tries of implementing follow Pokemon routine and wild double battles.
Group battles will surely be impossible considering how wild double battle routine is not completed yet and I don't think X&Y will bring anything so drastically new that everyone will want it implemented.

Old October 4th, 2013 (9:22 AM).

Nature: Modest
Getting more and more excited for this hack! Can't wait!! Rom hacks are better than the original IMO, and I think people will continue playing it..
Waiting For this Hacks: PLATINUM RED & BLUE, P9kemon Discovery, GAIA, LIFE, Giratina's Legend (english)
Tutorial on how to patch a ROM
Old October 4th, 2013 (9:46 AM).

Hopefully the mega evolutions of kanto starters will be in this!
Old October 4th, 2013 (10:01 AM).

Nature: Naughty
atleast mega charizard X............please?
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...psebdada61.png1.png[/url]
Old October 4th, 2013 (10:22 AM).

Wonderful :p , i rly like this room hack!
Old October 5th, 2013 (11:25 PM).
LORD OF ZHERRY

I know this is just little ole me, with too few posts, but I wanted to say this.

Rom hacking will never be gone forever. Yeah we are all hyped for X&Y(Quite a few almost as hyped up as my friend who will be waiting outside the game store for it.), but remember. Some of us don't own 3ds (I feel like crying now. I never got to play Black and White.) and will be patiently waiting for your hack, which we have fallen in love with. (I truly is a great hack.)

Now for a question. In those screenshots I noticed something peculiar. Does my little eye spy some integration between gba buildings and ds buildings? That house in the last looks like it is from Platinum(I shall not name the other two. My one true 4th gen love is Platinum.) but if I am not mistaken you have the building that team rocket crashed through as well.
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Old October 6th, 2013 (11:27 AM).

Is Team Omega the thing that super-overpowered-too-early-in-the-game Giovanni talking about in the hidden bunker? If so, that'll be pretty cool
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links