The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #426    
Old October 22nd, 2013 (12:11 PM).
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
If you want, I might be able to do a handful of the sprites. Send a couple to me through pm, and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks so much. I just sent you the sprites that need re-sizing.
__________________
  #427    
Old October 23rd, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Frosty~'s Avatar
Frosty~
Pancakes are a girl's BFF
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin99 View Post
Where i can download this hack? i want it as a gba file. And i played dark rising before and it was amazing!!!
It's not out yet. The first beta is planned for December I think.
__________________
"The world's changing at lightning speed,
but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
  #428    
Old October 25th, 2013 (06:02 AM).
Grandmasterboom
xJownage
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
@devin99 you are not allowed to get a gba file on this site. download lunar ips and a clean fire red rom and patch it. for help patching it go on yt, its actually pretty easy and saved me.


one thing from me, a long time anonymous DR supporter, a message specifically to the makers of this game.
Do not make the levels go up too much too early. to me thats the one downfall i had with DR. the storyline was AMAZING, but it took way too long to progress in the game. the levels went up too quickly for the game, and as a result of having to go up against lv 70s during the 4th gym, training took way too long. to me it actually took away from the storyline because it took so long. especially because of how low level the wild pokes were. just to get to the level of the first gym takes several hours of hardcore training. it was just too much to do without hacks unless you had a lot of time on your hands, and the amount of training you had to do took so long the storyline's pace went way down. You made a game with the best storyline of any rom hack ive played to date, but i couldnt stay into it without a rare candy hack because it was soo much training.
One peice of advice in DR2, make sure the levels dont go up too quickly. im not even close to talking a nintendo game level, but just where we are meeting lv 70s by the 8th gym, not the 4th. the elite four should go no higher than 80, and make sure that the battles arent too overpowered to where you cannot beat them without hours of training.
also, wild pokemon levels need increase more quickly.

if DR2 isint glitchy and the gameplay isint too slow (you could actually fix the level issue by adding more gyms and events, as well as having multiple maps before one elite four), and the storyline is half as good as DR, you will have yourself one of the best rom hacks of all time.
__________________
Champions are not champions because they did anything extraordinary, but because they did the ordinary things better than anybody else
-Chuck Noll

  #429    
Old October 25th, 2013 (02:45 PM).
ricorbk's Avatar
ricorbk
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Guyana
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I disagree with the level comments made by Grandmasterboom, from my perspective I believe that the challenge makes the game even better since training is what pokemon games are all about. However, it does matter to me how DRG makes DR2 in terms of the level issue , I loved DR1 and I will enjoy DR2...
  #430    
Old October 25th, 2013 (05:44 PM).
Grandmasterboom
xJownage
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricorbk View Post
I disagree with the level comments made by Grandmasterboom, from my perspective I believe that the challenge makes the game even better since training is what pokemon games are all about. However, it does matter to me how DRG makes DR2 in terms of the level issue , I loved DR1 and I will enjoy DR2...
i agree with high level dont get me wrong, but level 70 by the fourth gym? training took so long that it took away from the storyline. thats what i was saying. when you spend 4 hours training for a couple hard battles, it takes away from the storyline that isint as long. it almost is like a deviation from the main storyline, and after a while the repetition makes the game move forward so slowly you can become distant from the storyline.

i do believe that the levels should be high, but they went up too high early on in DR
__________________
Champions are not champions because they did anything extraordinary, but because they did the ordinary things better than anybody else
-Chuck Noll

  #431    
Old October 26th, 2013 (02:59 AM).
Uzigunner's Avatar
Uzigunner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmasterboom View Post
i agree with high level dont get me wrong, but level 70 by the fourth gym? training took so long that it took away from the storyline. thats what i was saying. when you spend 4 hours training for a couple hard battles, it takes away from the storyline that isint as long. it almost is like a deviation from the main storyline, and after a while the repetition makes the game move forward so slowly you can become distant from the storyline.

i do believe that the levels should be high, but they went up too high early on in DR
You know you could use your resources a bit better. There are many routes with countless trainers and at the same time you could use the VS Seeker to rebattle them and then make your training faster making it easier at the same time... That's the thing....
  #432    
Old October 26th, 2013 (04:55 AM). Edited October 26th, 2013 by Astinus.
Dialga255's Avatar
Dialga255
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Gender: Male
I cant wait december.
But i still have some question?
If sudennly nitendo revals mega salamence and mega dragonite will you include megaevo
for three starter?
Will noivern be in the hack?
And can i know which legendarys will you include in hack?
Will be any 6 gen moves in hacks, and if it will i would like to know wich?

I enjoyed playing a DR1 and i hope that DR2 will be same good or even better.
I think that the reason that i register on this page just that i can download DR say evrthing.

Please sorry for my english.My gramatic sucks.


Spoiler:
  #433    
Old October 26th, 2013 (05:10 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga255 View Post
I cant wait december.
But i still have some question?
If sudennly nitendo revals mega salamence and mega dragonite will you include megaevo
for three starter?
OMFG! What the hell is that huge pic?!

Anyways, DRG already stated that if MEGA Salamance and MEGA Dragonite were to be released, she would include them.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #434    
Old October 26th, 2013 (07:52 AM).
mrpizza
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: Male
@Grandmasterboom: Uzigunner was right, the VS Seeker is obtained pretty early in the game and it makes training a lot faster. My Pokemons are even overleveled at some gyms.
  #435    
Old October 27th, 2013 (06:19 AM).
alphamaster's Avatar
alphamaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Gender: Male
where i can download pokemon dark rising 2 ips????
  #436    
Old October 27th, 2013 (08:06 AM).
Frosty~'s Avatar
Frosty~
Pancakes are a girl's BFF
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamaster View Post
where i can download pokemon dark rising 2 ips????
It's not out yet. Ya know it wouldn't hurt to check the comments above yours or even look at the first post.
__________________
"The world's changing at lightning speed,
but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
  #437    
Old October 27th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
Dota4Ever019
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Gender: Male
I CAN WAIT TO PLAY DR2 I THINK IT'S SO COOL ! I HAVE A PROBLEM IN DR1 AFTER BEATING THE E4 IT IS NOT CONTINUE ? CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?
  #438    
Old October 27th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
LindseyTNamez's Avatar
LindseyTNamez
Wataru's Dragon Protege
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Oh I'm so excited for this! I've heard people buzzing about it and I can't wait to play!
__________________


Pokemon X FC: 3668-9199-6474
  #439    
Old October 27th, 2013 (12:45 PM).
Edward Newgate's Avatar
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Can't wait to be able to play this
I've played DR1 and if this is going to be equally awesome I'm gonna be done playing other games for the next who-knows-how-long!

Keep it up DarkRisingGirl :D
__________________
Pokemon X FRIEND CODE: 1779-0853-5563
Friend safari type:
Pokemon:
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
  #440    
Old October 28th, 2013 (08:26 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dota4Ever019 View Post
I CAN WAIT TO PLAY DR2 I THINK IT'S SO COOL ! I HAVE A PROBLEM IN DR1 AFTER BEATING THE E4 IT IS NOT CONTINUE ? CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?
It's obvious you cannot... DR2 is a new game and DR1 ends with E4.
AND YOU SHOULDN'T SHOUT!!!!!!!!
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #441    
Old October 28th, 2013 (08:57 AM).
~Shy's Avatar
~Shy
Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
@Ash493
Which should I play or you recommend first DR1/DR2
__________________
  #442    
Old October 28th, 2013 (09:30 AM).
vinny_vicious
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shy View Post
@Ash493
Which should I play or you recommend first DR1/DR2

DR1 obviously since DR2 is a continuation of the first game.
  #443    
Old October 28th, 2013 (01:55 PM).
Grandmasterboom
xJownage
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
You know you could use your resources a bit better. There are many routes with countless trainers and at the same time you could use the VS Seeker to rebattle them and then make your training faster making it easier at the same time... That's the thing....
it still takes hours considering the low level of the trainers comparaed to gyms and major battles, which are very, very common in DR1.
how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game.
i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.
__________________
Champions are not champions because they did anything extraordinary, but because they did the ordinary things better than anybody else
-Chuck Noll

  #444    
Old October 29th, 2013 (04:11 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shy View Post
@Ash493
Which should I play or you recommend first DR1/DR2
DR2 is not out so obviously DR1.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #445    
Old October 30th, 2013 (04:18 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_KitKat View Post
Is Their By Any Chance That You Can Give Us The Exact Date For The Beta?
Omfg, who in their right mind quotes the first post? o.O
Please, remove that quote... o.O You are forcing unwanted scrolling to people reading this thread.
And DRG already stated that the beta will be released in December. No point in stating the exact date.
Beta won't be brought earlier just because release date's been stated.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #446    
Old October 30th, 2013 (08:41 AM).
Uzigunner's Avatar
Uzigunner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmasterboom View Post
it still takes hours considering the low level of the trainers comparaed to gyms and major battles, which are very, very common in DR1.
how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game.
i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.
2 words, lucky egg. And there are some trainers with good Pokemon, and that give out a huge amount of experience, I didn't have any trouble frankly and I think many took the high levels as a good thing because this made the game something to fight for. Just like Pokemon Reborn.... Mind you, patience is 1 of the most important things when it comes to Pokemon. Almost at the end, I remember catching an Oshawott, and before you know it, thanks to the endless trainers it became a Powerful Samurott in no time, with the exp share which the starters will be holding when you catch them..
  #447    
Old October 31st, 2013 (01:39 AM).
Kakarot1212's Avatar
Kakarot1212
Awesome as always...
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phillipines
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Do you need a Beta tester? I'll be glad to help
__________________

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”
Pair Pair | Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| (THD)Text-Hex Decoder |
  #448    
Old October 31st, 2013 (12:11 PM).
ShinnyGyrados
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Gender: Male
Once again, i really want to ask u if you could please make a way to easily get pokerus in the next game, the reason why: ev training. I really want to work my pokemon stats to the max. Now what pokerus does is boost the effort points awarded. I hope you understand what im tryin to say. I could give u an idea: maybr u can place a random strange rock somewhere that by touching it your first pokemon could get infected with the pokerus. I still play DR1 and i use the macho brace to ev train, right now im doing a modest nature porygon Z , he is level 53 and his sp atck is 209, its pretty decent by now but it wont be max when he gets to level 100, now with pokerus im sure he would have made it. Pokerus just makes ev training easier, hope you can do something, if not then ill understand.
  #449    
Old November 1st, 2013 (07:44 AM).
mewtwo68's Avatar
mewtwo68
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
I WANT THIS GAME NOWWWWWWWW
__________________

mewtwo cant be deafted
  #450    
Old November 1st, 2013 (11:37 AM).
rajvir's Avatar
rajvir
Pokemon Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Scarbrough ON, Canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewtwo68 View Post
I WANT THIS GAME NOWWWWWWWW
Seriously DRG is working hard, just wait until late December a beta should be out by than.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.