The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 22nd, 2013 (12:11 PM).
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
If you want, I might be able to do a handful of the sprites. Send a couple to me through pm, and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks so much. I just sent you the sprites that need re-sizing.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Frosty~
Pancakes are a girl's BFF

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin99 View Post
Where i can download this hack? i want it as a gba file. And i played dark rising before and it was amazing!!!
It's not out yet. The first beta is planned for December I think.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
Old October 25th, 2013 (06:02 AM).
Grandmasterboom
xJownage

@devin99 you are not allowed to get a gba file on this site. download lunar ips and a clean fire red rom and patch it. for help patching it go on yt, its actually pretty easy and saved me.

one thing from me, a long time anonymous DR supporter, a message specifically to the makers of this game.
Do not make the levels go up too much too early. to me thats the one downfall i had with DR. the storyline was AMAZING, but it took way too long to progress in the game. the levels went up too quickly for the game, and as a result of having to go up against lv 70s during the 4th gym, training took way too long. to me it actually took away from the storyline because it took so long. especially because of how low level the wild pokes were. just to get to the level of the first gym takes several hours of hardcore training. it was just too much to do without hacks unless you had a lot of time on your hands, and the amount of training you had to do took so long the storyline's pace went way down. You made a game with the best storyline of any rom hack ive played to date, but i couldnt stay into it without a rare candy hack because it was soo much training.
One peice of advice in DR2, make sure the levels dont go up too quickly. im not even close to talking a nintendo game level, but just where we are meeting lv 70s by the 8th gym, not the 4th. the elite four should go no higher than 80, and make sure that the battles arent too overpowered to where you cannot beat them without hours of training.
also, wild pokemon levels need increase more quickly.

if DR2 isint glitchy and the gameplay isint too slow (you could actually fix the level issue by adding more gyms and events, as well as having multiple maps before one elite four), and the storyline is half as good as DR, you will have yourself one of the best rom hacks of all time.

Old October 25th, 2013 (02:45 PM).
ricorbk

Nature: Jolly
I disagree with the level comments made by Grandmasterboom, from my perspective I believe that the challenge makes the game even better since training is what pokemon games are all about. However, it does matter to me how DRG makes DR2 in terms of the level issue , I loved DR1 and I will enjoy DR2...
Old October 25th, 2013 (05:44 PM).
Grandmasterboom
xJownage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricorbk View Post
I disagree with the level comments made by Grandmasterboom, from my perspective I believe that the challenge makes the game even better since training is what pokemon games are all about. However, it does matter to me how DRG makes DR2 in terms of the level issue , I loved DR1 and I will enjoy DR2...
i agree with high level dont get me wrong, but level 70 by the fourth gym? training took so long that it took away from the storyline. thats what i was saying. when you spend 4 hours training for a couple hard battles, it takes away from the storyline that isint as long. it almost is like a deviation from the main storyline, and after a while the repetition makes the game move forward so slowly you can become distant from the storyline.

i do believe that the levels should be high, but they went up too high early on in DR

Old October 26th, 2013 (02:59 AM).
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmasterboom View Post
i agree with high level dont get me wrong, but level 70 by the fourth gym? training took so long that it took away from the storyline. thats what i was saying. when you spend 4 hours training for a couple hard battles, it takes away from the storyline that isint as long. it almost is like a deviation from the main storyline, and after a while the repetition makes the game move forward so slowly you can become distant from the storyline.

i do believe that the levels should be high, but they went up too high early on in DR
You know you could use your resources a bit better. There are many routes with countless trainers and at the same time you could use the VS Seeker to rebattle them and then make your training faster making it easier at the same time... That's the thing....
Old October 26th, 2013 (04:55 AM). Edited October 26th, 2013 by Astinus.
Dialga255

I cant wait december.
But i still have some question?
If sudennly nitendo revals mega salamence and mega dragonite will you include megaevo
for three starter?
Will noivern be in the hack?
And can i know which legendarys will you include in hack?
Will be any 6 gen moves in hacks, and if it will i would like to know wich?

I enjoyed playing a DR1 and i hope that DR2 will be same good or even better.
I think that the reason that i register on this page just that i can download DR say evrthing.

Please sorry for my english.My gramatic sucks.

Spoiler:
Old October 26th, 2013 (05:10 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga255 View Post
I cant wait december.
But i still have some question?
If sudennly nitendo revals mega salamence and mega dragonite will you include megaevo
for three starter?
OMFG! What the hell is that huge pic?!

Anyways, DRG already stated that if MEGA Salamance and MEGA Dragonite were to be released, she would include them.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 26th, 2013 (07:52 AM).
mrpizza

@Grandmasterboom: Uzigunner was right, the VS Seeker is obtained pretty early in the game and it makes training a lot faster. My Pokemons are even overleveled at some gyms.
Old October 27th, 2013 (06:19 AM).
alphamaster

where i can download pokemon dark rising 2 ips????
Old October 27th, 2013 (08:06 AM).
Frosty~
Pancakes are a girl's BFF

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamaster View Post
where i can download pokemon dark rising 2 ips????
It's not out yet. Ya know it wouldn't hurt to check the comments above yours or even look at the first post.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
Old October 27th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
Dota4Ever019

I CAN WAIT TO PLAY DR2 I THINK IT'S SO COOL ! I HAVE A PROBLEM IN DR1 AFTER BEATING THE E4 IT IS NOT CONTINUE ? CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?
Old October 27th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
LindseyTNamez
Wataru's Dragon Protege

Nature: Sassy
Oh I'm so excited for this! I've heard people buzzing about it and I can't wait to play!

Pokemon X FC: 3668-9199-6474
Old October 27th, 2013 (12:45 PM).
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Can't wait to be able to play this
I've played DR1 and if this is going to be equally awesome I'm gonna be done playing other games for the next who-knows-how-long!

Keep it up DarkRisingGirl :D
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old October 28th, 2013 (08:26 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dota4Ever019 View Post
I CAN WAIT TO PLAY DR2 I THINK IT'S SO COOL ! I HAVE A PROBLEM IN DR1 AFTER BEATING THE E4 IT IS NOT CONTINUE ? CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?
It's obvious you cannot... DR2 is a new game and DR1 ends with E4.
AND YOU SHOULDN'T SHOUT!!!!!!!!

Old October 28th, 2013 (08:57 AM).
~Shy
Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino

Nature: Quiet
@Ash493
Which should I play or you recommend first DR1/DR2
Old October 28th, 2013 (09:30 AM).
vinny_vicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shy View Post
@Ash493

DR1 obviously since DR2 is a continuation of the first game.
Old October 28th, 2013 (01:55 PM).
Grandmasterboom
xJownage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
You know you could use your resources a bit better. There are many routes with countless trainers and at the same time you could use the VS Seeker to rebattle them and then make your training faster making it easier at the same time... That's the thing....
it still takes hours considering the low level of the trainers comparaed to gyms and major battles, which are very, very common in DR1.
how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game.
i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.

Old October 29th, 2013 (04:11 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shy View Post
@Ash493
DR2 is not out so obviously DR1.

Old October 30th, 2013 (04:18 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_KitKat View Post
Is Their By Any Chance That You Can Give Us The Exact Date For The Beta?
Omfg, who in their right mind quotes the first post? o.O
Please, remove that quote... o.O You are forcing unwanted scrolling to people reading this thread.
And DRG already stated that the beta will be released in December. No point in stating the exact date.
Beta won't be brought earlier just because release date's been stated.

Old October 30th, 2013 (08:41 AM).
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmasterboom View Post
it still takes hours considering the low level of the trainers comparaed to gyms and major battles, which are very, very common in DR1.
how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game.
i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.
2 words, lucky egg. And there are some trainers with good Pokemon, and that give out a huge amount of experience, I didn't have any trouble frankly and I think many took the high levels as a good thing because this made the game something to fight for. Just like Pokemon Reborn.... Mind you, patience is 1 of the most important things when it comes to Pokemon. Almost at the end, I remember catching an Oshawott, and before you know it, thanks to the endless trainers it became a Powerful Samurott in no time, with the exp share which the starters will be holding when you catch them..
Old October 31st, 2013 (01:39 AM).
Kakarot1212
Awesome as always...

Nature: Naughty
Do you need a Beta tester? I'll be glad to help

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”
Pair Pair | Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| (THD)Text-Hex Decoder |
Old October 31st, 2013 (12:11 PM).
ShinnyGyrados

Once again, i really want to ask u if you could please make a way to easily get pokerus in the next game, the reason why: ev training. I really want to work my pokemon stats to the max. Now what pokerus does is boost the effort points awarded. I hope you understand what im tryin to say. I could give u an idea: maybr u can place a random strange rock somewhere that by touching it your first pokemon could get infected with the pokerus. I still play DR1 and i use the macho brace to ev train, right now im doing a modest nature porygon Z , he is level 53 and his sp atck is 209, its pretty decent by now but it wont be max when he gets to level 100, now with pokerus im sure he would have made it. Pokerus just makes ev training easier, hope you can do something, if not then ill understand.
Old November 1st, 2013 (07:44 AM).
mewtwo68

I WANT THIS GAME NOWWWWWWWW

mewtwo cant be deafted
Old November 1st, 2013 (11:37 AM).
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewtwo68 View Post
I WANT THIS GAME NOWWWWWWWW
Seriously DRG is working hard, just wait until late December a beta should be out by than.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links