Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread

Old November 1st, 2013 (01:07 PM).
xJownage

i think it being all the way later at level 100 is perfect, the elite four should be there. i think that it got too high early on. lv 70 by the 4th gym is a pace problem, later on in the game it wasnt too hard, early on it was really hard. yeah...couldve made that clearer.

I STILL DIDNT GET THIS YET:

how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game. i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.

Old November 1st, 2013 (02:37 PM).

One more thing and I'm sorry for asking for so many stuff. Is there a way for you guys to make a place or a store in which we can buy like the power lens, power bracer, power weight.. Etc. also i cant find the sun stone in DR 1 so i hope you can put that one in a store also. I really appreciate this thanks
Old November 1st, 2013 (11:53 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Grandmasterboom:
how will the new starters work? if they are level 55 like the evos, you only have 45 levels left to grow, and 12 gym leaders and a long game. i would not agree with a level 5 fully evolved starter. so idk what you could do. but i know that it is possible to expand pokemon beyond level 100. that would be really cool if you could implement it.
I believe DRG stated that you will get your dragon starter fully evolved on level 10.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 2nd, 2013 (12:14 AM).

Quote originally posted by Grandmasterboom:
i think it being all the way later at level 100 is perfect, the elite four should be there. i think that it got too high early on. lv 70 by the 4th gym is a pace problem, later on in the game it wasnt too hard, early on it was really hard. yeah...couldve made that clearer.

I STILL DIDNT GET THIS YET:

I believe ther've already been several attempts to do it, but the results will be either that the pokemon will go back to level one, the rom will crash, or it will become a missing no.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (02:45 AM). Edited November 2nd, 2013 by DarkRisingGirl.
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Hey everyone
Small update;

The beta will be longer than what I originally said it would be.
There's dual-type gyms.

As for the fully evolved starter thing. The starters, Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp, will be at lv10 with a balance moveset for each of them. Personally, from my playthrough, as well as two others who I know in person, the hack's difficulty in the beginning is easy (Not very easy). From my experience, once you reach the 2nd major city, things start getting more harder, but not uber hard. I'm really loving the balance I've set up.
Also, about EV training, although people rarely Ev train in a hack (at least, to my knowledge), I already have something set up for that. I EV train a lot myself in Pokemon X, as well as White, so I'm very familiar with that.

As for Beta testers, I've already got a fair share of testers here at my university who are dedicated to it. The only other person who will be receiving an early copy of the Rom is youtuber Mexile. Check out her channel of Pokemon walkthroughs if you haven't yet.

So yea, that's pretty much it. Only noteworthy info is the beta will be longer. Next month is the release. I'm also still (Yes, still) is heavy need of assistance with re-sizing the new Pokemon. There's gotta be somebody out there who's good at re-sizing!
Old November 2nd, 2013 (03:06 AM).
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by DarkRisingGirl:
Hey everyone
Small update;

The beta will be longer than what I originally said it would be.
There's dual-type gyms.

As for the fully evolved starter thing. The starters, Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp, will be at lv10 with a balance moveset for each of them. Personally, from my playthrough, as well as two others who I know in person, the hack's difficulty in the beginning is easy (Not very easy). From my experience, once you reach the 2nd major city, things start getting more harder, but not uber hard. I'm really loving the balance I've set up.
Also, about EV training, although people rarely Ev train in a hack (at least, to my knowledge), I already have something set up for that. I EV train a lot myself in Pokemon X, as well as White, so I'm very familiar with that.

As for Beta testers, I've already for a fair share of testers here at my university who are dedicated to it. The only other person who will be receiving an early copy of the Rom is youtuber Mexile. Check out her channel of Pokemon walkthroughs if you haven't yet.

So yea, that's pretty much it. Only noteworthy info is the beta will be longer. Next month is the release. I'm also still (Yes, still) is heavy need of assistance with re-sizing the new Pokemon. There's gotta be somebody out there who's good at re-sizing!
About those sprites need to be resize, mind if I can help you?
Old November 2nd, 2013 (04:11 AM).
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by L96:
About those sprites need to be resize, mind if I can help you?
That would be Very helpful, thanks a lot. I'll be PM'ing you shortly.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (07:29 AM).

Nature: Hasty
THIS IS AMAZING! DR1 was the first hacked rom that I played. I loved it so much despite every glitch. Also it's the first pokemon game hacked or not that I ever got a pokemon to a lvl 100 because the storyline required me to. Anyways glad we you were able to get a team of experts. Hope you will continue to make pokemon hacked roms with amazing storylines as DR1. KEEP GOING!!!!!!
Old November 2nd, 2013 (03:54 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Everyone thank user L96 for re-sizing the sprites. She did an amazing quick job & because of this, the hack will be released earlier in the month of December.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (04:14 PM).

Im excited and this one will be awesome Good luck DRG I cant wait!
Old November 2nd, 2013 (07:52 PM).
Golden Shadow

Nature: Mild
Thanks L96! and Good luck~
Old November 3rd, 2013 (03:44 AM). Edited November 5th, 2013 by Orifiel.
Priestess

Quote originally posted by DarkRisingGirl:
Everyone thank user L96 for re-sizing the sprites. She did an amazing quick job & because of this, the hack will be released earlier in the month of December.

Quote originally posted by KinKage:
Thanks L96! and Good luck~
Sure, no problem.
I was expecting huge for this hack, good luck also
Old November 3rd, 2013 (07:11 AM).

Thank you L96 for making this hack come out faster! And also DRG good work! Good luck
Old November 4th, 2013 (09:20 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Well I'll be.. Nice job L96, it's good to see that you have that passion to get something done flawlessly. Thanks so much
Old November 6th, 2013 (02:40 AM).
I live for PokEmon

Boom!!! Being Excited is an understatement. Dark rising Girl... TELL US ABOUT THE BETA!!! Please!!!
Old November 6th, 2013 (08:36 AM).
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by Anonymous Gamer:
Boom!!! Being Excited is an understatement. Dark rising Girl... TELL US ABOUT THE BETA!!! Please!!!
No spoilers this time, sorry. Only 3 people have played it so far & that was just for beta testing. I'm keeping this one under wraps til December 15-20th. One of those days next month I'll be releasing it. I'm already finished with what I said I'd release. I'm just adding more to the beta to make it even longer. I'm also gathering back sprites for the new Pokemon. So yea, the beta's gonna be pretty awesome. *Thumbs Up*
Old November 6th, 2013 (12:53 PM).

Woo can't wait , it's going to be awesome fun.
Old November 6th, 2013 (12:55 PM).

Also, please include bermite and avalugg! My fav new pokemon from 6th gen :D!
Old November 6th, 2013 (02:45 PM).

i lik the pokemon dark rising 2
Old November 6th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by Krakanous:
Also, please include bermite and avalugg! My fav new pokemon from 6th gen :D!
Yup, they're in already. Egg moves & all.
Old November 6th, 2013 (08:43 PM).
pokemon revenge developer

Can't wait. GReat progress DRG. Thw box art, story and screen shots look great. Love DR1 and really looking forward to seeing the new story and everything.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old November 6th, 2013 (09:31 PM).
I live for PokEmon

Hey Dark Rising Girl! Did you include Talonflame and Aegislash? As some of the 6th gen pokemon?
Old November 6th, 2013 (10:15 PM).
Order Must Be Restored

Quote originally posted by Anonymous Gamer:
Hey Dark Rising Girl! Did you include Talonflame and Aegislash? As some of the 6th gen pokemon?
TalonFlame & Aegislash didn't make it, sorry. Reason is; Talonflame's 2nd evolution, Fletchlinder or however you spell it, is 1 character too long to name in a gba game. X & Y extended the character length for names. Funny thing is, this morning I was actually attempting to put them in the hack until I came across this issue. Aegislash (Overrated!) isn't in because the way it's ability works I couldn't find anything remotely similar to it & it's so unique, I didn't want to put it in the hack with an ability that isn't right. The way it's stats switch from Offense to Defense is something I can't make happen so I didn't add it or any of it's pre-evolutions. There's a lot of 6th gen Pokemon though, most are mid-way through the beta.

I've completed all of the areas in the beta as of tonight. So like DR1, I'll be uploading a list of the locations wild Pokemon are. You don't have to look at the list if you don't want to spoil yourself. This is just for people who like planning out their teams and knowing what they'll catch. This list will only contain Pokemon in locations within the Beta. So if you don't see a Pokemon you wanted in the list, there's still a slim chance it's deeper into the hack. I just haven't gotten up to that point yet.
Old November 7th, 2013 (03:24 AM).
I live for PokEmon

Yeah... Thats okay... Its still gonna be a good game though. Good Luck on finishing the game!
Old November 7th, 2013 (03:36 AM).
The one true question mark

Nature: Impish
so waiting for this! keep it up!

Face the sunshine and you'll never see the shadow.
Stay Positive
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links