The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000

Advertise here
Looks like it's up! :D
One thing I do hope is that it's a little easier, as the first one made me almost rip my hair out (Adrian and his Lugia...), as I've mentioned on the other thread. Level jumps such as lv20 to lv50 shocked the ever-living heck out of me. xD
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
Dawned... I guess you didnt played dr1 yet.As far i played dr1, i saw 4 or 5 bug which 1 of them freeze the game.So hopefully that bug will be not present in Dr2.
Yeah I'm going to start playing Dark Rising 1 after I finish Life of Guardians I was just wondering what known issues this game has so I won't have to be caught off guard and get pissed off about it.
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:40 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I do believe it was mentioned there...?
At least by me that is... :D
Really where common I always read your posts before or after mine but you it is the creator's responsibility. You my friend has already many on your shoulder
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Jilly Shears
No party like a Corpse Party!

Nature: Sassy
Hey guys, Jill here with a quick update / showcase thing on some of the music for Dark Rising 2 to build up some excitement. I'm never good at these introduction things, so let's just jump right into it:

This first theme is the music for the first town, right where you get off the boat to the OMNI region. Sounds like quite the generic first town that has no significance after the introduction, doesn't it? Then again, when is any town in Pokemon significant after a specific point?

And last (but hopefully not least), we have the music for Tabula Rasa, a forest-y area outside of the first city. Could its name be subtly implying anything? I guess we'll see in the first beta.

Old March 14th, 2013, 09:32 PM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
DRG take time with the hack.no need to hurry.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:42 PM
alienhunterx

Damned Google is not helping me finding this hack's thread so I have no other way than too Bookmark it. Well any thing new about this hack???
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Damned Google is not helping me finding this hack's thread so I have no other way than too Bookmark it. Well any thing new about this hack???
"Pokemon Dark Rising 2 pokecommunity"?
Anyways... you don't use the magic "New Posts" button to see whether the threads have new posts?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Chaos Lucario
The Legend Of Chaos

Nature: Serious
The game is looking great so far! Judging by the first post at the top, are Xerneas and Yveltal going to be in the game? I think a trainer should be "Xern" and he could have Xerneas, and a trainer called "Yvel" should have Yveltal, to twist up the storyline. Although it would be cool to have both all for yourself too, so you choose ;3

Go to www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/ to make your own trainer card. Happy creating!
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:31 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
URGENT POST

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll respond to some of your questions next time. At the moment, I'm only posting to ask everyone to submit their choice for who they would like the Special Character for Dark Rising 2 to be. Atem (Or Yami Yugi) was the special character in Dark Rising 1, taking the role as a gym leader. Now's the time to decide who will be the special character for this hack and why.

So to all of you creative people out there, here's your chance to make your idea added to the hack! Just fill out this form and I'll make sure to choose whoever has the best choice. The winner will be added to the credits section. Let's Do This!

Character's Name:

What Series He/She is from:

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why):

What Pokemon should He/She have:

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact:

And that's it! Any character is welcomed, but please, do not pick anything too ridiculous like SpongeBob or something along that line. Stick to Anime & Video Games Only, but I'll consider all choices depending on how well you describe their mixture into the hack. THANKS!
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:36 AM
nomi1993a
Nauman Nasir

wow can't w8 for the sequel,i enjoyed DR1, And DR2 is looking more interesting, but 1 thing is quite frustratin that she is using the same starters as prequel has, i suggust to add deino and haxorus also and giving them 4th generation move draco meteor specially to hydreigon who is special sweeper. . .
The tiles are looking quite obvious any ways again a nice hack could be expected thanx to DR Girl
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:10 AM
nomi1993a
Nauman Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
URGENT POST

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll respond to some of your questions next time. At the moment, I'm only posting to ask everyone to submit their choice for who they would like the Special Character for Dark Rising 2 to be. Atem (Or Yami Yugi) was the special character in Dark Rising 1, taking the role as a gym leader. Now's the time to decide who will be the special character for this hack and why.

So to all of you creative people out there, here's your chance to make your idea added to the hack! Just fill out this form and I'll make sure to choose whoever has the best choice. The winner will be added to the credits section. Let's Do This!

Character's Name:

What Series He/She is from:

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why):

What Pokemon should He/She have:

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact:

And that's it! Any character is welcomed, but please, do not pick anything too ridiculous like SpongeBob or something along that line. Stick to Anime & Video Games Only, but I'll consider all choices depending on how well you describe their mixture into the hack. THANKS!
I would suggest that u should add your 7th gym leader Yami Yugi or Dark Yugi as special character,she's also a known character in anime because she is from 1st generation and is senior character, i would advice u that give her giratina as u gave her in DR1 as signature pokemon,
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:12 AM
XxAaron11xX
Unhatched Egg

Looking forward to play this i wish it would be done already. I will support this hack.

Old March 17th, 2013, 09:26 AM
DH Pestilence
Unhatched Egg

I have a few suggestions, so I hope I can enter numerous ones.. Lol.

1. Character's Name: Naruto Uzamaki

2. What Series He/She is from: Naruto Shippuden

3. How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why): The power of Celebi/Jirachi/Mew/ essentially any other Legendary have no bounds, so... could be brought here as a means to help you save the world.

What Pokemon should He/She have: Electric Pokemon come to mind since they fit his look.

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: Probably a 10, but who knows. Doesn't have to make a huge impact, but I could see him being a sacrificial element for the greater good. You're the writer.
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:58 AM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Character Names: Maka and Soul Eater (You could make it a Tate and Liza style battle.)

What series they're from: Soul Eater.

How they got to the Poke-verse: They were sent to the universe where the Omni Region resides by Lord Death because a rare Kishin Egg (Evil Human Soul) was absorbed by someone there (Possibly V or even the main character's father) and they must retrieve it at all costs.

Pokemon they could use: Ghost types or even Dark types.

Popular: Well, Im not sure how folks feel about the Soul Eater anime, so I wouldnt be too sure.

Last edited by cheatfreak23; March 17th, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:31 PM
byAmbi

Nature: Relaxed
Character's Name: (Gohan) > Kid Super Sayian Form with picolos clothing would be cool.

What Series He/She is from: Dragon Ball Z Kai

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why): He senses Danger on other regions so he traveled to the omni region to find out what's happening and why are people being controlled by the monster darugis. So he teams up with Oren/Orena later in the story to stop the evil, and eventually sacrifices himself so that the hero/heroine can move on to stop darugis

What Pokemon should He/She have: I think its should be Mixed (Dragon,Water,Fighting,Electric,Flying,Ground,) Specific Types (Fighting,Dark, and one Dragon)?

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: I think he's very popular in the dragon ball z kai anime and would make a serious impact on your story, So i think 10

Last edited by byAmbi; March 17th, 2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Specifying the character and impact a bit more
Old March 17th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Character's Name: Doraemon

What Series He/She is from: Doraemon

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why): He used one of his gadgets to reach the space and then suddenly saw a planet. It was the Omni region but then his machine to travel back broke and he decided to stay in this region with other people.

What Pokemon should He/She have: Machine,Robot and Cat like pokemons since he is a robot cat himself

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: 10, He have a lot of gadgets so people gets attraction to him and he becomes more popular as he stays there. He used his gadgets for helping people so he would surely make a good impact.

Sorry if it's a bit cartoonish. You can also add in the story like he was attacked by Darugis then his mind became out of control and he used his gadgets for bad things.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 17th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomi1993a View Post
I would suggest that u should add your 7th gym leader Yami Yugi or Dark Yugi as special character,she's also a known character in anime because she is from 1st generation and is senior character, i would advice u that give her giratina as u gave her in DR1 as signature pokemon,
Her? Her? HER?!

Character's Name: Minato Arisato

What Series He/She is from: Persona 3

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why): I don't want to spoil much the events of Persona 3 but let's just say that now he's responsible for the world's stability by sealing the great evil and for that reason he could appear in DR2. Also he could be sprited really well considering Persona has sprites throughout the game.

What Pokemon should He/She have: His initial personas have fire and dark skills so Fire and Ghost/Dark

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: I do believe that Persona is pretty popular series so I would go for 8 (not gonna write 10 like the others 'cause it's too lame :D)

Old March 17th, 2013, 10:34 PM
alienhunterx

Character's Name:

What Series He/She is from: Tyson (Beyblade)

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe: He heard there are many strong Dragons (Pokes) in this world like his Dragoon and has come here to challenge them

What Pokemon should He/She have: Well Dragon Types suit him like Flygon, Salamence, Haxorus, Hydreigon and his own (Dragoon if someone can make his sprite because I can't). But a Great Spriter can look into Gyarados for this.. Right???

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: Judging by his role in the anime I am sure everyone loves him and I would give him 09-10 Scale

Last edited by alienhunterx; March 18th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old March 17th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

@AlienHunter: If you go for 10 points in popularity of Beyblade, then it's Kai, not Tyson

Old March 18th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Mattysoxfan

Nature: Naughty
Character's Name: Margaret

What Series He/She is from: She is my girlfriends boss in real life.

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe: She is obsessed with the main character of dark rising 2. She will do anything in her power to defeat the character and to force him into marrying him. If you fail then the game ends, you go back to the title screen and start your save file again. If you win then she runs off crying and vows she will become strong enough to defeat you and force marriage upon you.

What Pokemon should He/She have: depends on your starter. It varies so it won't be the same each time. Like Gary in red and blue. Her first 3 Pokemon will be dragons. They can be haxorus garchomp and salamence. Her final three will be different depending on your starter. It could be lucario, gengar, and alakazam if you chose dragonite. Hitmontop, mismagius, and Gallade if you chose salamence. Electivire, magmortar, and drapion if you chose garchomp. So it can vary but those aren't the Pokemon she will have. Just naming a few.

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: 9, for it really isn't someone popular. She is just someone who could be thrown into the storyline. She can pop in whenever she wants and if you lose then something will happen and you won't end up in the Pokemon center when all your Pokemon faint. It sorta reminds me of the episode of pokemon when James has that growlithe and that woman who looks like Jessie wants to marry James. Anyone can throw in someone from a different show but I really don't want to see that. Cause in the Pokemon universe, it won't ever happen. Whether it be naruto or goku from Dragonball z. Let's see something interesting. You could throw in senex from Pokemon snakewood for all I care.

Of course so far I like everyone elses idea. The best idea is something that makes sense and something tht could affect the main character as well. I've played a little bit of life of guardians and that game had that. Not saying that game is better. I love dark rising. It's only my opinion and I've thought real hard about DRGs question. I've got plenty of other ideas I can throw at you.

Last edited by Mattysoxfan; March 18th, 2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: More to add
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:46 AM
kinataki
david tennant so much!

Character's Name: the doctor or david tennant

What Series He/She is from: surprisingly, doctor who

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why): he is a damn time lord. and he is on pokemon platinum too (looker)

What Pokemon should He/She have: mysterious pokemon. like like solrock, lunatune or something like these

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: 9 seriously. i love david tennant and he must be for for everywhere!

just look at that and say this isnt david tennant
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:59 AM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Character's Name: Willard Mitt Romney

What Series He/She is from: America

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe: He's a good leader

What Pokemon should He/She have: Braviary

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: 4.7
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:30 AM
kinataki
david tennant so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post

What Series He/She is from: America

What Pokemon should He/She have: Braviary

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: 4.7
rofl so hard right now :D
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:40 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
@AlienHunter: If you go for 10 points in popularity of Beyblade, then it's Kai, not Tyson
To tell the truth I wanted to add Kai but Tyson is my most favourite and that is why I gave 9. But If I would have added Kai then Yes, I would give him 10 just like you said
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:41 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post

You liked him and still 4.7. Come on Hinki I thought you liked him more.....
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here