The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Also, I advise you to play through and complete Dark Rising 1(Or you can watch one of the many Let's Plays on Youtube). Try to ignore the few bugs here and there, and you'll enjoy it and see how amazing the story is. That's what the series is all about; the amazing story. It's kinda needed to play through the first one to know what's going on and how the characters all meet and their individual goals/triumphs/and different personalities.
If you don't back up story with near flawless playthrough and preferably nice environment (which I believe will be in DR2) players won't enjoy the story...
And preferring one aspect of hack to others is never good because then the dominant aspect won't be enjoyed that much because the others are not perfected.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #127    
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Uzigunner's Avatar
Uzigunner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
If you don't back up story with near flawless playthrough and preferably nice environment (which I believe will be in DR2) players won't enjoy the story...
And preferring one aspect of hack to others is never good because then the dominant aspect won't be enjoyed that much because the others are not perfected.
I do agree with u there a little bro but ya see the thing is even with the crappy maps/environment(no offense DRG) and the continuous repeating of the Kanto Trainer music which I am sure all of us are sick off, not to mention the endless glitches(sorry DRG) it still managed to put it's place as one of the greatest hacks of 2012. It came third, besides the physical/special split and the other bugs and that's saying sth. So now with the new and improved team, hopefully the bugs will be patched up and in the end there will obviously be a high chance that this hack is hopefully gonna be as Bret Hart used to say "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be". I doubt whether people r gonna disapprove of what I say, considering the fact that they still enjoyed the story even with all the bugs. Also I hope that like before, I am gonna be the first person to download her hack when it's finished. NOBODY WILL BEAT ME TO IT!!!!
  #128    
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:23 PM
4thGenAce:D's Avatar
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
I do agree with u there a little bro but ya see the thing is even with the crappy maps/environment(no offense DRG) and the continuous repeating of the Kanto Trainer music which I am sure all of us are sick off, not to mention the endless glitches(sorry DRG) it still managed to put it's place as one of the greatest hacks of 2012. It came third, besides the physical/special split and the other bugs and that's saying sth. So now with the new and improved team, hopefully the bugs will be patched up and in the end there will obviously be a high chance that this hack is hopefully gonna be as Bret Hart used to say "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be". I doubt whether people r gonna disapprove of what I say, considering the fact that they still enjoyed the story even with all the bugs. Also I hope that like before, I am gonna be the first person to download her hack when it's finished. NOBODY WILL BEAT ME TO IT!!!!
Well, here's a fact: gamers remember games for two things, either for the best thing about it and/or the bad things which pull it down.


And nobody? Really? We'll see about that. :D Though I'm not saying I'll be the first one.
__________________
I'm a proud Filipino! XD Playing Pokemon since 4 (I started with Pokemon Yellow)


Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*


"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
  #129    
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:26 PM
kalin
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
This game is going to be amazing! You guys deserve an award for DR1 The whole game was incredible, it totally felt like an anime. It was a nice touch to give the main character dialogue,and I felt that the Elite Four and Adrian were the toughest challenges in a game i've ever faced. I just beat it last night and the feeling I got beating Adrian was amazing. I hope you do well on DR2!
  #130    
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:32 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
You know I could be the first one to play it if I ask Dark Rising Girl to send me the ROM directly if I have to. (Because I want to beta test it) before she even post it's link here :D
  #131    
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Uzigunner's Avatar
Uzigunner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
Well, here's a fact: gamers remember games for two things, either for the best thing about it and/or the bad things which pull it down.


And nobody? Really? We'll see about that. :D Though I'm not saying I'll be the first one.
Well the moment she had just released the final beta, I downloaded it, so yeah, pretty sure abt the first one and @alienhunterx if she does agree to let u beta test then yeah I guess so, which is why..... DRG, I wan't to offer my help and beta test if it's okay with ya . But srsly not joking, if it's okay with ya. Also how do I become a supporter of DR 2, again new here sorry

Last edited by Uzigunner; March 30th, 2013 at 03:48 AM.
  #132    
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:00 AM
mikethepokemaster's Avatar
mikethepokemaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: kanto region
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
have thought of Sydney becoming oren love intreast but the girl version being best friends
  #133    
Old March 30th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
What so great about being first one to download it or play it...?
You're not gonna finish it if DRG won't decide to release the complete version anyways.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #134    
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:06 AM
yellow123's Avatar
yellow123
RAWR! :3
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: um...EARTH!
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
I guess Sora world be a good character for this game what with him traveling to different worlds makes it more believable so good choice DRG. Also if you are allowing more people to beta test then count me in I would love to help you guys out
__________________
  #135    
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:13 PM
M.phipp
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Where are all the catchable starters located?? I have gotten bulb and cyndauill now I'm looking for a water Type starter?
  #136    
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:43 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.phipp View Post
Where are all the catchable starters located?? I have gotten bulb and cyndauill now I'm looking for a water Type starter?
Are you asking for DARK Rising 1 thread. Because the 2nd sequel is still under development. Post your question there
  #137    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
OPSdoesLPs's Avatar
OPSdoesLPs
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to OPSdoesLPs
can't wait to Let's Play this game, the first one was good
__________________
I do Pokemon Hack Let's Plays on my channel, come through and check them out if you're interested !

http://www.youtube.com/user/SacredFireNegro
  #138    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
chaosrules's Avatar
chaosrules
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
While I'm not new to Pokemon hacks in general, I'm new to this series.
Just started the first one, and so far, I like it a lot. There's really only extremely minor problems, like typos or random capitals.
I look forward to the second one.
I really like Sora as the special character... KH is one of my favorite series, and Sora will easily fit in the Pokemon universe, given his background... Will there be KH references around him? (I.e, how he's searching for his friends, or about Heartless or the Keyhole.)

How hard is the actual Rom editing? It's something I'd like to get into, but have not idea where to start.
__________________

  #139    
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrules View Post
While I'm not new to Pokemon hacks in general, I'm new to this series.
Just started the first one, and so far, I like it a lot. There's really only extremely minor problems, like typos or random capitals.
I look forward to the second one.
I really like Sora as the special character... KH is one of my favorite series, and Sora will easily fit in the Pokemon universe, given his background... Will there be KH references around him? (I.e, how he's searching for his friends, or about Heartless or the Keyhole.)

How hard is the actual Rom editing? It's something I'd like to get into, but have not idea where to start.
Well she did mentioned why she is adding Sora as a major role in Dark Rising 2
  #140    
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Well she did mentioned why she is adding Sora as a major role in Dark Rising 2
That is not exactly confirming KH references, just the role in this Pokemon Universe.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #141    
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:17 AM
wildog212
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
i started playing DR1 the other day and i accidentally downloaded the beta so it ends at evil pete, so is there anyway i can get my emulator battery saves from the beta to the full completed version i just downloaded so that i dont have to start again
  #142    
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
KaoTicZombieZ
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Male
This hack seems awesome, but one thing, could you make Deino one of the starters? I love Hydreigon <3
  #143    
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:41 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildog212 View Post
i started playing DR1 the other day and i accidentally downloaded the beta so it ends at evil pete, so is there anyway i can get my emulator battery saves from the beta to the full completed version i just downloaded so that i dont have to start again
Boy please post on Dark Rising 1's thread. Check your emulator settings and check Save Type as Flash 128 Kbytes option
  #144    
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM
E.C.'s Avatar
E.C.
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charicific Valley
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Don't forget to give proper credits to the creator and tile artists of the ROM base you are using.Here is the link of the list of people to credit.

http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/pages/54/
__________________
  #145    
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:41 PM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ View Post
Don't forget to give proper credits to the creator and tile artists of the ROM base you are using.Here is the link of the list of people to credit.

http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/pages/54/
It says I have to log in to see it. I thought I gave everyone the proper credits but if I'm missing someone please let me know and I will add em no problem.


EDIT: NVM, Anbuja's_BlooDY sent me the list of people. Thanks!
__________________

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; April 5th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
  #146    
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM
E.C.'s Avatar
E.C.
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charicific Valley
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
It says I have to log in to see it. I thought I gave everyone the proper credits but if I'm missing someone please let me know and I will add em no problem.


EDIT: NVM, Anbuja's_BlooDY sent me the list of people. Thanks!
Sorry about that,I didn't realize you had to login to view the page.Thank you anbuja for helping out,And as for your ROM hack I can't say much because I have yet to play the first pokemon DarkRising,but I'll give it a try soon.
__________________

Last edited by E.C.; November 26th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.
  #147    
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:31 PM
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoTicZombieZ View Post
This hack seems awesome, but one thing, could you make Deino one of the starters? I love Hydreigon <3
Maybe Deino could come in Dark Rising's 3rd sequel as a starter. It cannot in this 2nd one because it is directly related with the events of 1st Dark Rising
  #148    
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:00 AM
4thGenAce:D's Avatar
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
Well the moment she had just released the final beta, I downloaded it, so yeah, pretty sure abt the first one and @alienhunterx if she does agree to let u beta test then yeah I guess so, which is why..... DRG, I wan't to offer my help and beta test if it's okay with ya . But srsly not joking, if it's okay with ya. Also how do I become a supporter of DR 2, again new here sorry
Really, now that's unfair. XD Maybe I could also beta test it, I did suggest the Sora idea. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
What so great about being first one to download it or play it...?
You're not gonna finish it if DRG won't decide to release the complete version anyways.
There is something called honor and satisfaction in being the one to do things first. A general rule, perhaps.
__________________
I'm a proud Filipino! XD Playing Pokemon since 4 (I started with Pokemon Yellow)


Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*


"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
  #149    
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Jilly Shears's Avatar
Jilly Shears
No party like a Corpse Party!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Hey guys, Jill here with some bit of news: I'm leaving the development team for Dark Rising 2.

After some events that have happened recently, I don't feel comfortable working for this hack anymore. I just want to say that I am disappointed in some things that were said, so because of that I don't feel right continuing to help Dark Rising 2.

However, I'm allowing all of the music that I've made to be kept by DRG, so she can do whatever she feels fit with them. But from this point on, I will not be writing anymore music for her.

I am sorry that it has come to this, and I wish DarkRisingGirl and the rest of the development team the best of luck in their endeavors, but they will have to go on without me. I will not sacrifice my own integrity for others.

Have a great day, everyone.
__________________
  #150    
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:02 PM
KurtCobain's Avatar
KurtCobain
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
This hack looks amazing, but i should play dark rising first
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.