The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Also, I advise you to play through and complete Dark Rising 1(Or you can watch one of the many Let's Plays on Youtube). Try to ignore the few bugs here and there, and you'll enjoy it and see how amazing the story is. That's what the series is all about; the amazing story. It's kinda needed to play through the first one to know what's going on and how the characters all meet and their individual goals/triumphs/and different personalities.
If you don't back up story with near flawless playthrough and preferably nice environment (which I believe will be in DR2) players won't enjoy the story...
And preferring one aspect of hack to others is never good because then the dominant aspect won't be enjoyed that much because the others are not perfected.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
If you don't back up story with near flawless playthrough and preferably nice environment (which I believe will be in DR2) players won't enjoy the story...
And preferring one aspect of hack to others is never good because then the dominant aspect won't be enjoyed that much because the others are not perfected.
I do agree with u there a little bro but ya see the thing is even with the crappy maps/environment(no offense DRG) and the continuous repeating of the Kanto Trainer music which I am sure all of us are sick off, not to mention the endless glitches(sorry DRG) it still managed to put it's place as one of the greatest hacks of 2012. It came third, besides the physical/special split and the other bugs and that's saying sth. So now with the new and improved team, hopefully the bugs will be patched up and in the end there will obviously be a high chance that this hack is hopefully gonna be as Bret Hart used to say "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be". I doubt whether people r gonna disapprove of what I say, considering the fact that they still enjoyed the story even with all the bugs. Also I hope that like before, I am gonna be the first person to download her hack when it's finished. NOBODY WILL BEAT ME TO IT!!!!
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:23 PM
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
I do agree with u there a little bro but ya see the thing is even with the crappy maps/environment(no offense DRG) and the continuous repeating of the Kanto Trainer music which I am sure all of us are sick off, not to mention the endless glitches(sorry DRG) it still managed to put it's place as one of the greatest hacks of 2012. It came third, besides the physical/special split and the other bugs and that's saying sth. So now with the new and improved team, hopefully the bugs will be patched up and in the end there will obviously be a high chance that this hack is hopefully gonna be as Bret Hart used to say "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be". I doubt whether people r gonna disapprove of what I say, considering the fact that they still enjoyed the story even with all the bugs. Also I hope that like before, I am gonna be the first person to download her hack when it's finished. NOBODY WILL BEAT ME TO IT!!!!
Well, here's a fact: gamers remember games for two things, either for the best thing about it and/or the bad things which pull it down.

And nobody? Really? We'll see about that. :D Though I'm not saying I'll be the first one.

Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:26 PM
kalin
Unhatched Egg

This game is going to be amazing! You guys deserve an award for DR1 The whole game was incredible, it totally felt like an anime. It was a nice touch to give the main character dialogue,and I felt that the Elite Four and Adrian were the toughest challenges in a game i've ever faced. I just beat it last night and the feeling I got beating Adrian was amazing. I hope you do well on DR2!
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:32 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
You know I could be the first one to play it if I ask Dark Rising Girl to send me the ROM directly if I have to. (Because I want to beta test it) before she even post it's link here :D
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
Well, here's a fact: gamers remember games for two things, either for the best thing about it and/or the bad things which pull it down.

And nobody? Really? We'll see about that. :D Though I'm not saying I'll be the first one.
Well the moment she had just released the final beta, I downloaded it, so yeah, pretty sure abt the first one and @alienhunterx if she does agree to let u beta test then yeah I guess so, which is why..... DRG, I wan't to offer my help and beta test if it's okay with ya . But srsly not joking, if it's okay with ya. Also how do I become a supporter of DR 2, again new here sorry

Last edited by Uzigunner; March 30th, 2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:00 AM
mikethepokemaster

have thought of Sydney becoming oren love intreast but the girl version being best friends
Old March 30th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

What so great about being first one to download it or play it...?
You're not gonna finish it if DRG won't decide to release the complete version anyways.

Old March 30th, 2013, 10:06 AM
yellow123
RAWR! :3

Nature: Serious
I guess Sora world be a good character for this game what with him traveling to different worlds makes it more believable so good choice DRG. Also if you are allowing more people to beta test then count me in I would love to help you guys out
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:13 PM
M.phipp
Unhatched Egg

Where are all the catchable starters located?? I have gotten bulb and cyndauill now I'm looking for a water Type starter?
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:43 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.phipp View Post
Where are all the catchable starters located?? I have gotten bulb and cyndauill now I'm looking for a water Type starter?
Are you asking for DARK Rising 1 thread. Because the 2nd sequel is still under development. Post your question there
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
OPSdoesLPs

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to OPSdoesLPs
can't wait to Let's Play this game, the first one was good

http://www.youtube.com/user/SacredFireNegro
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
chaosrules

While I'm not new to Pokemon hacks in general, I'm new to this series.
Just started the first one, and so far, I like it a lot. There's really only extremely minor problems, like typos or random capitals.
I look forward to the second one.
I really like Sora as the special character... KH is one of my favorite series, and Sora will easily fit in the Pokemon universe, given his background... Will there be KH references around him? (I.e, how he's searching for his friends, or about Heartless or the Keyhole.)

How hard is the actual Rom editing? It's something I'd like to get into, but have not idea where to start.

Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrules View Post
While I'm not new to Pokemon hacks in general, I'm new to this series.
Just started the first one, and so far, I like it a lot. There's really only extremely minor problems, like typos or random capitals.
I look forward to the second one.
I really like Sora as the special character... KH is one of my favorite series, and Sora will easily fit in the Pokemon universe, given his background... Will there be KH references around him? (I.e, how he's searching for his friends, or about Heartless or the Keyhole.)

How hard is the actual Rom editing? It's something I'd like to get into, but have not idea where to start.
Well she did mentioned why she is adding Sora as a major role in Dark Rising 2
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Well she did mentioned why she is adding Sora as a major role in Dark Rising 2
That is not exactly confirming KH references, just the role in this Pokemon Universe.

Old April 4th, 2013, 02:17 AM
wildog212
Unhatched Egg

i started playing DR1 the other day and i accidentally downloaded the beta so it ends at evil pete, so is there anyway i can get my emulator battery saves from the beta to the full completed version i just downloaded so that i dont have to start again
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
KaoTicZombieZ
Unhatched Egg

This hack seems awesome, but one thing, could you make Deino one of the starters? I love Hydreigon <3
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:41 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildog212 View Post
i started playing DR1 the other day and i accidentally downloaded the beta so it ends at evil pete, so is there anyway i can get my emulator battery saves from the beta to the full completed version i just downloaded so that i dont have to start again
Boy please post on Dark Rising 1's thread. Check your emulator settings and check Save Type as Flash 128 Kbytes option
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM
E.C.

Nature: Bold
Don't forget to give proper credits to the creator and tile artists of the ROM base you are using.Here is the link of the list of people to credit.

http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/pages/54/
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:41 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ View Post
Don't forget to give proper credits to the creator and tile artists of the ROM base you are using.Here is the link of the list of people to credit.

http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/pages/54/
It says I have to log in to see it. I thought I gave everyone the proper credits but if I'm missing someone please let me know and I will add em no problem.

EDIT: NVM, Anbuja's_BlooDY sent me the list of people. Thanks!

Last edited by DarkRisingGirl; April 5th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM
E.C.

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
It says I have to log in to see it. I thought I gave everyone the proper credits but if I'm missing someone please let me know and I will add em no problem.

EDIT: NVM, Anbuja's_BlooDY sent me the list of people. Thanks!
Sorry about that,I didn't realize you had to login to view the page.Thank you anbuja for helping out,And as for your ROM hack I can't say much because I have yet to play the first pokemon DarkRising,but I'll give it a try soon.

Last edited by E.C.; November 26th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:31 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoTicZombieZ View Post
This hack seems awesome, but one thing, could you make Deino one of the starters? I love Hydreigon <3
Maybe Deino could come in Dark Rising's 3rd sequel as a starter. It cannot in this 2nd one because it is directly related with the events of 1st Dark Rising
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:00 AM
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
Well the moment she had just released the final beta, I downloaded it, so yeah, pretty sure abt the first one and @alienhunterx if she does agree to let u beta test then yeah I guess so, which is why..... DRG, I wan't to offer my help and beta test if it's okay with ya . But srsly not joking, if it's okay with ya. Also how do I become a supporter of DR 2, again new here sorry
Really, now that's unfair. XD Maybe I could also beta test it, I did suggest the Sora idea. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
What so great about being first one to download it or play it...?
You're not gonna finish it if DRG won't decide to release the complete version anyways.
There is something called honor and satisfaction in being the one to do things first. A general rule, perhaps.

Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Jilly Shears
No party like a Corpse Party!

Nature: Sassy
Hey guys, Jill here with some bit of news: I'm leaving the development team for Dark Rising 2.

After some events that have happened recently, I don't feel comfortable working for this hack anymore. I just want to say that I am disappointed in some things that were said, so because of that I don't feel right continuing to help Dark Rising 2.

However, I'm allowing all of the music that I've made to be kept by DRG, so she can do whatever she feels fit with them. But from this point on, I will not be writing anymore music for her.

I am sorry that it has come to this, and I wish DarkRisingGirl and the rest of the development team the best of luck in their endeavors, but they will have to go on without me. I will not sacrifice my own integrity for others.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:02 PM
KurtCobain

This hack looks amazing, but i should play dark rising first
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here