The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old March 18th, 2013, 10:31 AM
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Sigil Casus
Military Storage Closet
Slateport City
Sigil breaths slowly as he looks at his Dusclops disguise. He'd never actually needed to use it before, usually having used a Mismagious costume when dealing with ghost types instead. The pants were large and baggy and required a fat suit to wear effectively. He hated the fat suit, it hurt him when he wore it for extended periods of time, and had nearly suffacated him once. He dared not to ever speak of that halloween party again.
As he slipped into it he felt himself heave under the sudden weight. "Stupid thing." He muttered, sliding his arms into the sockets. As he stood up he looked to the rest of the costume. Sighing, he put on the tight grey pants, put on the shirt with the glowing red eye over frills resembling the ghost's mouth. It would restrict his arms and make his hands look larger than they really are. He sighed as he began putting on gloves to assist in that further. He flips up the one-way hood that let him see outside the costume. As he looks around the storage room he mumbles to himself, zipping up the front of the shirt.
Stepping up to a mirror, slowly, he looks himself over. He smiles to himself. It'd been a long time since he wore it, but he could fool anyone who wasn't looking for him. A few walks about to get the feeling of it once more and he would be ready to enter the fray.

Last edited by StinkomanFan; March 18th, 2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Alicia - Mossdeep City

Before reaching the square, Alicia realized that she wouldn't be able to do much good on the field without her medicinal herbs and other goods. "Go on without me, I'll be there soon!" She called out to Penance, as he continued on to meet with Aecor. Alicia had never really formed any opinions on the leader of the Ruber tribe, other than the fact that he was wise and only wanted the best for his people. Good qualities for a leader, all in all, and she had been rather happy during her, granted, rather short time with the Ruber tribe.

She continued through the town, always enjoying the soft breeze blowing through the streets from either south or west, due to the rather tall hillside on the eastern part of the island, and the smaller hills off to the north. Alicia lived in a small home to the south, only a few minutes away from the beach, giving her a rather nice view. Outside of her wooden, small, but cozy hut, she has a square area with a tiny fence around it, where she grows her herbs. Mushrooms, small bushes, stalks, flowers and berries, all at the ready for her to create salves, antidotes and the likes of.

Reaching her little hut, she began by heading inside in the small home she had helped build when she first arrived here, heading straight to the small table in the living room-area, where she picked up her emerald-green, woven satchel, swinging it over her head and letting it rest by her hip, slung across her shoulder. Patting the little pack, she heads outside again, bending down next to her herb patch and using a small pair of scissors within the satchel to grasp a couple leaves, a few berries and a pair of roots, packing all of this away before getting up and heading towards the square once again, satisfied.

As she entered the town square, it was bustling with Pokémon preparing either for some of them to head off to the meeting, and the rest of them to take care of things while they were gone. Alicia noticed Penance being busy speaking to Aecor, so she simply headed off to the side, helping some of the others preparing for the trip. She'd speak to Aecor, or Kip, as soon as she noticed one of them being free.

When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

Lt. Damien Pierce
Steelport City - Route 110 area

Damien observed as the other man to join the mission walked up. Damien gave him a quick one over and noticed he was a sniper. That figured. Seemed he always got paired up with snipers... Oh well, at least he wouldn't feel out of place. Damien watched the sniper look him over as well. Damien looked at the man's rifle. "Can that even shoot straight?" He thought to himself. The man started talking...

“Well I’m here… if you want my assistance. Name is Jacob King, bored mercenary for hire. Going for a enthusiastic walk through the forest sounded better than being put to sleep by my future employer. I dislike self promoting inspirational speeches that are usually given when people are given fancy new titles.”

Damien agreed with the part about speeches. He didn't enjoy them much either. They were boring and don't make you better in any way, therefore they are a waste of time. The time used to give the speech could be better used to train all of these rookie soldiers who look like they've never held a gun before in there life.

He snapped back to reality when he heard Jacob start talking to him. "Why do I get a feeling you would prefer our enthusiastic nature walk to involve lots of killing poor little woodland creatures?" Damien was about to say something back, but the Comms officer cut him off quite rudely...

Hey, Hey!" He said, snapping his fingers like an idiot "Talk for later, concentrate on our mission first." Well someone was pissy... He let the man continue. "Okay, first of all, I don't think we're going to need the big shiny guns you both are carrying, It's just a simple scouting mission to map the route from Slateport to the next city north of here. Damien got a big smirk across his face as he tried to stop himself from laughing. His face turned bright red. We were at war, an attack could happen at any second. Plus, he never went anywhere without a gun. It was one of the downsides to being a soldier for so long...

"This here," He pointed at another officer standing right beside him, "is Clarke, and he's going to be accompanying us in the mission, that makes this a four man team. I'll give you guys 30 minutes to pack up and meet me at the northern exit of the city." Nicolas just walked off after he finished talking.

Damien was already packed... unless the mission was going to be a long one. It didn't matter now that he thought about it, the extra equipment would just slow him down...

The other officer started talking after he spat on the ground and almost hit Damien's boot.

"Hey! Watch it." Damien said to Clarke in an annoyed tone.

"Ya know," He said, chewing, "Ya guys are better off not trusting that fellow there. They say he ain't as loyal as Grahams thought he was. Words around that he goes wherever there is power... But that's just silly talk. After all, he must have something that Grahams saw. And I don' think that young lad would betray us humans to join Pokemon, eh?"

"Alright Clarke, I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna go get my stuff now... See you at the rally." Damien said as he walked towards the road again and flagged down a troop transport. He hopped in the back with the rest of the troops. They all dropped there conversation immediately and stared at him, making him slightly uncomfortable. He sat down next to a Private.

"Were you guys heading out to?" Damien asked, trying to break the silence.

"Sir. We are on our way out to the front, sir." A nervous Sergeant replied.

Damien laughed a little. "You guys don't need all the formalities, I'm not like that." All the men in the truck lowered their shoulders and relaxed a little.

"You guys don't look like you got any fun toys to play with, here sarge, have some frags." He said, he tossed his M-67 grenades at the sergeant, he had plenty more back at his tent anyways.

"T-thank you, sir. These will really help out..." The sergeant said back, still nervous.

"Think nothing of it..." Damien paused and look out the back of the truck, "Welp, this is my stop... Good luck on the front boys, make the HR proud." Damien jumped out the back of the truck while it was still going. The truck wasn't going that fast anyways. He gave a wave to the men in the truck and headed to his tent.

It took him about 5 minutes to get there. He loaded up his ruck with a few goodies and grabbed some more grenades. He also threw some more Flashbangs in his bag, just in case. Some extra clips for his pistol and Rifle, something a little more fun to eat (a can of spaghetti-Os) and some extra batteries, those little circle ones you can never seem to find anywhere, for the Tac-Light on his pistol.

He was set then, ready to operate. He pushed the flap to the tent out of the way and walked back out into the sunlight. He could hear the swearing in of the new general from his tent, he payed it no attention. Instead he headed back to the road again. He really loved being a LT in a bustling military camp, all he had to do was wave a vehicle and he had a ride anywhere. Though he probably wouldn't ask the vehicle to go to far off it's planned route.

He got to the road after another five minutes of walking and got another troop truck to pull over. Looked like it had already dropped off the soldiers, the back was completely empty.

"Hey. Where ya need a ride to. I'm not doing anything anyways."

"I need a ride to the city's north exit, if that's not too far out of your way..."

"No problem man. Hop in the back."

"Thanks." Damien hopped in the back of the truck.

As it was driving along he spotted that sniper again, Jacob was his name he believed. He knocked on the window in between the cab and back and asked the driver to stop for a minute. He walked to the back of the truck and held out his gloved hand.

"Hey Jacob, need a ride? Express to the meeting point."

Old March 19th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold

Zepheros
Lavaridge

Zeph raised an eyebrow when Galeno crossed his arms, letting out a huff himself. He knew what the Ampharos was thinking - this entire Groudon/Kyogre incident was merely created to unite the citizens under the tribes' banners. While it was partly the case, the Staraptor did agree that there's something out there, unreachable, untouchable...Groudon exists. It's just that, in Zeph's point of view, the tribes-people had to fight for themselves, for the glory of this legendary figure instead of waiting for its future arrival. Waiting would do nobody good - the war is in their hands, not mythical creatures.

In reply to Galeno's comment regarding the annoying Blaziken, Zepheros tilted his head to the side, dazzled by his words. However, the Staraptor couldn't help hiding a grin upon hearing the joke. "Hm, who knows? He seems to be the ambitious type, and if there's one thing I've learned in this war, it's that you can't judge a book by its cover. I don't like that Trev, and I surely hope that he won't be the successor of Adam's position." Zeph then halted for a second, sealing himself in deep thought. Do I not like him because of his attitude and ideals, or because I want to compete against him as well?

Galeno interrupted his train of thought though, by letting out a thought-provoking statement. "I just don't want to believe that a bunch of doodles on a wall in a cave are the only things that could give us a purpose. There must be something else we can feel sincere to fight for, right?"

The glimmer of intelligence reappeared in his pupils, but stayed no longer for five seconds. The bird Pokemon then asked in a serious, flat tone. "If there are three things you would fight for, what would they be, Galeno?"

Meanwhile, his young Rufflet 'apprentice' was nowhere to be seen. Where was he?

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego

Last edited by Fenne-kun; March 19th, 2013 at 03:12 AM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Typh

Shadow Norborn
near MossDeep City

Shadow and his team were practicing, running a variety of different training sessions as they were scheduled. Shadow spared with a Samurott by the name of Jason, his team name was Swordsman. some other members spared with each other, a Seismitoad called Quake, and a Blastoise called Juggernaut, a Delibird called SilverWind and an Absol called Disaster were all sparing with each other. Just then a Vaporeon approached the team.

"Excuse me," she yelled out for all to hear, The team stopped their practicing and walked over to the Vaporeon,

"what's up?" Shadow asked, speaking for the rest of his team.

"Your team is called to meet with the Rest of the Tribe. Aecor made a call for all to meet with him."

"alright looks like our sparing session ends early... Team Let's go!" Shadow called out as he and his team quickly grabbed their gear and headed into the City towards the main square.
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Jacob was walking along when something on the hard cement surface in front of him caught his eye. Looking at it as he walked toward it, Jacob quickly identified it as a near worthless penny. “Oooo a penny,” said Jacob leaning over and picking up the dirty currency. He inspected its date and frowned a little while muttering, “Drat not a lucky penny, but I guess it is the first bit of money I have acquired while here.” He seemed a little amused with his discovery as he continued down the road, but his random train of thought was interrupted by the stopping truck off to his right followed by Damien’s voice.

“Hey Jacob, need a ride? Express to the meeting point,” said the soldier from the back of the truck.

“Sure I think I’ll get in my daily exercise in soon enough,” said Jacob closing his fist around his ugly coin as he walked over to the truck and jumped in the back. He walked over to where he was across from Damien, and decided this would be a good place to sit down. Moving the sniper rifle he had slung over his back to his hands to insure he didn't lay on it, Jacob sat down into a relaxed (IE slouched) position as the truck’s engine revved back up and the exhaust spewing vehicle lurch forward. The mercenary looked down at his penny for a second before resting it on his finger closest to his thumb on his right hand then flicking it at Damien.

As the grungy copper colored coin flew toward Damien, Jacob said in a relaxed voice, “penny for your thoughts on this seemingly unavoidable war.” Jacob’s question seemed like idle chatter, but in fact he was trying to get a feel for this man before they went on this scouting adventure together. The lieutenant’s skills were unimportant to Jacob right now, but knowing his motivations and thoughts could give Jacob insight on how this man would act while on this mission.
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:06 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

Lt. Damien Pierce
Slateport City - Northern

“Sure I think I’ll get in my daily exercise in soon enough,” Jacob said, closing his fist around something as he walked over. Damien helped him into the truck and then walked to the front and knocked on the wall in between the back and the cab. He walked to the back and took a seat at the exit to the truck, so he could easily get out. Jacob sat across from him and played with a penny. Jacob flicked the penny to Damien who quickly caught it mid-air.

“Penny for your thoughts on this seemingly unavoidable war...” Jacob asked. Damien played with the penny in his hands. He tossed it back to Jacob.

"I would rather a peaceful ending honestly, where they fork over whoever killed my brother and the rest who attacked the camp. Then again, if they don't, I have no regrets to killing them all. Killing is all I've been doing for a long while, and you look like the same goes for you." Damien droned on while double checking his supplies. Grenades, Spaghetti-Os, HK 416, 1911, he had everything he needed for however long they would be out, be it a couple hours, or a couple days.

Damien continued talking. "So, how bout you, why you here, just want to make a quick buck? or is there something more behind you?" He paused for a second. "Oh, also, how good are you with that thing, it doesn't even look like it can shoot straight. No offense..."

Old March 19th, 2013, 04:22 PM
StinkomanFan

Sigil Casus
Army Supply Shed
Slateport City

Sigil slips out of the Dusclops suit, mumbling softly as he re-entered the Gardevior suit. "I probably shouldn't enjoy this one so much..." He mumbles, adjusting the dress and wig. Applying his white make-up, stroke by stroke, being careful as to not cover his eyelashes or get any on the gloves. He inserted the red contact lenses, making sure not to poke himself in the eye. He turned to look towards a eindoe that lead to the forest. Their, his transformation would be completed.
Cracking his fingers he opens the back window of the shed, carefully crawling out and entering the woods. He moved elegantly, like a real Gardevior would. He took deep breaths, letting himself repeat his thoughts over and over again.
"I am a Gardevior... I am a Gardevior... I am a delicate, beautiful creature that is selfless and caring." He breathed in, and out, in, and out.
When he opened his eyes, he was a Gardevior. A beautiful, elegant creature that was selfless and caring. In his own mind, at least.
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Patriot Skye Ravel :: Caerulus Tribe Base, Lavaridge
Rufflet; Caerulus Tribe :: Berry Inquiries

Patriot wrapped his claw around yet another berry, plucking it from its branch and throwing it onto the pile he had gathered upon a large leaf. He was out later than usual because he had found a small area particularly rich in berries. He had already filled himself with the fruits, and now he was gathering some to bring back to Lavaridge with him. He paid particular attention to the Chesto Berries, placing each one he found on the pile without eating any of them.

He grabbed a few more berries, added them to the pile and then grabbed the edges of the leaf with his talons and took to the sky. The leaf created a bowl of sorts, allowing the berries to be carried with ease. Within seconds he had cleared the trees and was soaring up the steep incline towards Lavaridge.

When he entered the skies above the base of the Caerulus Tribe, Patriot scanned the area with his remarkable vision, looking for that unmistakable splash of black and white. . . .

"There he is!" Patriot cried when he spotted his target. He shifted his wings on the wind and swooped down out of the sky, landing about twelve feet away from the larger bird pokémon. As he did so, he had maneuvered himself so that the leaf holding the berries had shifted from his talons to his beak, allowing him to actually land.

As he approached the pokémon, who seemed to be in conversation with a bright Ampharos, he overheard the immediate thread of their current conversation.

"If there are three things you would fight for, what would they be, Galeno?" Zeph asked the Ampharos.

Patriot walked up to the two, setting the pile of berries down next to Zeph. He cocked his head at a ninety degree angle as he examined the Ampharos. The question was a curious one, especially coming from Zeph.

"Three things that you would fight for?" Patriot restated. "Well, Z, I'm interested to hear three things that you would fight for," he said, turning to the Staraptor.

"Oh! By the way, I brought Chesto Berries!" Patriot nudged the pile of berries towards Zeph, eyes bright as he looked at the Staraptor expectantly.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Kawaii Pikachu :3
"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"

Nature: Gentle
Aurora ~ Hot Springs, Lavaridge

Aurora was surprised to see Tray approaching them. She expected him to still be in his dispute with Adam. "Nothing is wrong," Lordus said as he laughed mockingly. "If you'd give me a leave for a guess, I'd let my nose do the work. The thing smells like ****, if you ask my nose." Aurora nodded towards Lordus in agreement and took a few seconds to eye him. He was a handsome Pokemon.

She returned her gaze to Tray as she spoke. “Nothing? You can’t tell us that nothing is going on. Just look around; the whole town knows that a war is coming. The villagers are raiding the stores in hopes of acquiring a stock pile for when the war comes. There are rumors flying all over the place. Human planes have taken to our skies……it is obvious that something is going on.” Aurora quietly said in hope to hide her aggravation with his answer. “If war is coming…..I think we deserve to know. Not only so we can prepare a force to protect our homes but also so others have the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones before they take the risk of losing their lives.” Aurora sighed and became lost in thought, thinking about all that needed to be done. “Besides, I could assist by teaching our fighters new moves but I need time to do it. It doesn’t happen overnight.” She giggled a little to not only help lighten the mood but to also help calm her own nerves about the whole situation.
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Zeph
Lavaridge

Before the Ampharos could reply, a familiar figure landed gracefully beside them with a 'bowl' of berries dangling from his beak. Zeph glanced at the corner of his eye and let out a snort, though making it sound welcoming instead of being hostile. "You're late to the party, Patriot."

When his apprentice restated the question and redirected it to his 'master', Zeph halted and stared blankly at the ground as his past experiences and events returned to him like a merciless tidal wave. 'What am I fighting for..?'

Dignity? For the sake of his parents? Fighting for the tribe? Recognition maybe? To avenge the fallen? Legends and beliefs? Ideals? Satisfaction? Blood-lust...?

Zeph knew that his performance right then wasn't up to the Rufflet's standards, but he was genuinely confused...startled even, as if his brain was experiencing a total blackout from an unknown virus. It could be all of the above, but what were the most important factors?

"...For the tribe, for ideals, and for hope." he finally replied, looking at his apprentice. "They keep me alive and provide me with motivation through various ways. I know that this isn't the best answer, but it gives me a purpose to be here as a member of the Caerulus Tribe. Everyone would have different reasons, and you're probably going to find yours soon enough."

A small smirk appeared on his face though, as he continued with a genuine chuckle. "But you're just here for the 'fun', aren't you, Patriot?"

Glancing at the berries in front of him, the Staraptor bent down and picked one up with his beak, throwing it into the air before catching it with his mouth and swallowing it whole. Who knew that 'Z' could be rather playful with food? He the nudged the berry pile towards Galeno, waiting to see if he'd like some. Common courtesy, you know.

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Typh

Shadow Norborn
MossDeep City

Shadow and his team hurried through the city streets towards the square... as they approached the square Shadow noticed that there was already a large group of pokemon in the square. Shadow glanced around to see any way for him to see what's going on... and even talk with Aecor if it was possible.

He found an opening and rushed through, dodging legs, bodies, and various indeviduals. he Rushed past a Gardevoir that was standing idle at the edge of the group that was faced towards Aecor and Kip, Aecor was talking with a Golduck. Shadow came slowly over to Aecor,. He bowed his head in respect to the Kingdra before asking, "Sir, What's going on?"

While Shadow was speaking to Aecor, his team found locations for themselves a few here another few there, Disaster had managed to get to the edge of the group, he stood at attention next to the Gardevoir Shadow had past. "fine Day" Disaster said, trying to create small talk.
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:13 AM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Galeno - Lavaridge Town
Galeno had his mouth half open when another avian intruded on his conversation with Zeph. Surely, it was none other than the Rufflet who followed Zeph around almost everywhere he went. Indeed, even if Zeph was well known in town to be the big bird with the big talk whom you did not want to have trouble with, he was always followed around by the puerile little adoring fan. The two made quite a comical duo, and it was hard not to feel endeared by their unlikely pairing, even if the Rufflet did interrupt his answer to Zeph's all important question.

Galeno knew the answer though. He wanted three things the most. The aristocracy would just let the humans disrobe them of their sovereignty and let those bloody colonialists gain an influence in this region, at the expense of the natives whose homes were robbed, astounded Galeno. And now, Hoenn was on the brink of war, and the threats that at any moment the humans could fly in on their artificial skarmory, fare on the metal Lapras, and fire a hail of bullets at innocent pokémon, brutally massacring them, made him want to hurl up all of his stomach's contents right there and now. And almost as importantly was to tear the regime of Adamantius and Aecor the hell down, end the struggle of the classes, stop the religious schism which had weakened the region and has led a generation into a war of blinding religious fervour to advance the position of the ones at the top. When the rich wage war... The bird overheard the question too, and he seemed more interested in Zeph, just wanting to shower him with more attention and sort of push the Ampharos away.

And what were Zeph's reasons? For the tribe, for ideals, and for hope. Well, he could agree on the last two, maybe even half on the very first one. Caerulus was his home after all, but not thanks to the silver-spooned Adamantius.

Galeno looked on as Zeph used his strong beak to pick up one of the purple berries, and he hurled it into the air before catching in and chewing it up. He then gestured with his wing, sliding a pair of them towards Galeno as a sign of courtesy. "Thanks," he murmured and he took one of the berries in his paw: purple on yellow. He directed the berry to his mouth and got a taste of it. Crunching and grinding it with his teeth. Any saps weren't present within the fruit, but it was edible, and he swallowed the sludge.

"Well, I would fight for independence from the humans, thinking they've got any right to influence our lives and dictate us in our land for one. And especially that they will not at all discern the innocent from the soldiers when they're gonna march in here by the hundreds with those bullet-spewing guns. I want to protect the security that the children need. And then third, for egalitarianism, ending this religious schism. It's only given us martyrs in return."

Galeno's eyes turned to the Rufflet. He realised he really meant it with his second point. His angsting mind already picturing one of those beasts pointing a gun at him and in an instant it'd flash. But he had to put a stop to it. He imagined himself running towards the man, sparks spitting off of his body and removing the Devil from this world before his fingers could wrap around the trigger and pull it back. He blinked and gave a friendly smile to the Rufflet. "These berries do taste quite nice," he replied in general.

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old March 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Jacob King
Slateport City Main camp, North Exit (or Entrance depending on which direction your going)

Jacob frowned a little as he looked over Damien again. “I’m sorry about your brother… that is definitely a much better reason than mine to go to war.” Damien’s revelation about his murdered brother made Jacob feel a little awkward so he spurted out, “Honestly I have a feeling the gears are set in motion for war and the death of your brother and the others is just the justification for war and revenge is not actually the objective.” As he finished his last statement, the truck lurched to a stop and it seemed to punctuate Jacob’s bad timing for voicing his thoughts on the Human Republic’s motivations to go to war. He quickly moved to get out of the truck that he felt he had made awkward to be in.

Slinging his rifle over his shoulder as he changed the subject and focused on Damien’s other questions, “It’s a unique weapon for sure but with the right modifications and in the right hands it is extremely lethal. Also I didn’t earn all my money by being bad at my job.” He shrugged a little after his last comment as his boots impacted the hard ground after he had jumped out of the vehicle. After landing with a thud, he turned around to face the inside of the truck bed again. Jacob’s face showed that he was thinking of something as he stood there silently.

“I’m not here for the money considering I haven’t been promised any… yet,” replied Jacob after a second pause he then shifted his weight to his right leg and continued with an amused voice, “Kind of strange huh? Mercenary who doesn’t care for money… Guess I’m not entirely sane, or I’m really bad at being a mercenary.” His face showed a bit of amusement in it, but it quickly faded as his right hand came up to his neck and gripped something that was hiding under his collar.

Holding the mostly hidden necklace Jacob’s face twisted to show a solemn look on it. “To be blunt: I came here to hunt,” he replied after a second of self reflection. However the next part of his answer he kept to himself. He didn’t trust or think this man was one who he could reveal the entirety of his motivations to.

Suddenly realizing he had spaced out in front of Damien he refocused his eyes on the officer and dropped his hand from the hidden symbol. He quickly returned his voice back to his less than serious tone, “So you have lots of experience in killing too huh? What for? Last I remembered the Human Republic hasn’t been at war for quite a while. So unless you joined up right after birth I’m guessing you either been killing for some super-secret-kill-me-if-you-tell-me reason, or you killed prior to joining this rag tag group.”
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:19 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Trevalyn
Lavaridge Town, Hot Springs

"If you'd give me a leave for a guess, I'd let my nose do the work. The thing smells like ****, if you ask my nose." The Haxorus crudely replied. Of course, Tray ad expected a somewhat sarcastic or hostile reply to his answer.

“Nothing? You can’t tell us that nothing is going on. Just look around; the whole town knows that a war is coming. The villagers are raiding the stores in hopes of acquiring a stock pile for when the war comes. There are rumors flying all over the place. Human planes have taken to our skies……it is obvious that something is going on. If war is coming…..I think we deserve to know. Not only so we can prepare a force to protect our homes but also so others have the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones before they take the risk of losing their lives. Besides, I could assist by teaching our fighters new moves but I need time to do it. It doesn’t happen overnight.” Aurora giggled.

"Nothing is wrong... because war is natural for us. We are at war with the Ruber Tribe everyday. So what if our enemy is the Ruber scum or the humans? All we need to know is what to kill... if it comes down to war, that is," Tray smiled. "I know as much as you do when it comes to the human threat." He pointed upwards at the planes circling the volcano, with the same "We've declared War" message blaring. "Adamantius is doing everything he can to help us. And we have to cooperate to survive."

From the corner of his eye, Tray spotted Adamantius arriving back to town from the volcano. It was about to beginning.

"I'll talk to you two chaps later, for now, I have a job to handle. Please proceed to the town square where we have an important announcement to make." Tray said, as politely as he could in his generally commanding tone. He walked away from there briskly, straight towards Adamantius, who actually for the first time in his life, looked confused to be here.

"Hey Adam-"

"Tray! Tray! You have to listen to me, I saw a vision-" Adamantius started, concentrating hard as if remembering something.

"No time for that, Adam, get to the square, make. The. Announcement." Tray glared at him, with fire in his eyes, and that immediately shut Adam up. He walked towards the square, and finally got some of his old speech skills back.

"People of the humble Caerulus Tribe! In exactly 10 minutes we shall depart for Mauville City, for a meeting with the Ruber Tribe concerning the Human war!" Unconsciously his head tilted skywards towards the plane, "Hurry up if you do not wish to get left behind!"

Utter chaos followed, as Pokemon rushed to their homes to get their stuff. Tray pushed his way through the crowd towards Adam, absolutely surprised by the 10 minute short notice. "Isn't ten minutes a bit too short Adam?" He said with amusement.

Adam laughed heartily, for what was the first time in quite a few weeks. "That's what usually gets them moving!"

Nicolas
Slateport City

Nicolas was walking towards the north exit when he bumped into what appeared to be something large, green and white. He backed up, and realized it was a Gardevoir. His hand immediately went to the knife in his pocket, but stopped when he noticed the feet poking out of the bottom of the cloth. A soldier, wearing a Gardevoir outfit. What was the world coming to these days?

"Soldier, what the hell do you think you're doing?" He snapped at him. "Get out of that cloth before somebody thinks you're a Pokemon and shoots you!" But he couldn't help but chuckle at the last words, "Although, I think that's a bit unlikely."

He started towards the entrance once again, constantly having the feeling that there was going to be some danger for them in the trip. In the end, he just sighed and gave in to instincts, as he picked up a random pistol from a crate, pocketed it safely, and continued on his journey. Behind him, he could hear Mikkelson's oath begin.

"People of the Human Republic, are you ready for victory?"

"Hell yes we are," Nicolas smiled.

Kip
Mossdeep City

Aecor was just busy talking with Kip about the urgency of the situation and how to proceed about the meeting, when Aecor was approached by Penance,

"Aecor... if I may have a moment of your time before we depart. Things must be discussed sir. Important things if you will."

"Ah, yes my child, please, speak."

But before Penance could, Shadow also arrived at the scene, and quickly asked, "Sir, What's going on?"

"Young Shadow, it would do you good to attend more of our meetings! But for now, it's best you get prepared. We are leaving for Mauville City, for a meet with the Caerulus Tribe. We are about to leave very soon, so please, make haste! Until then, I have a few matters to discuss with Penance here." He motioned for Shadow to leave, and then turned back to Penance.

"Ah, yes son, you were saying?"

"Um, sir..." Kip started, in a low voice so that Penance couldn't hear, "Do we really have time for this, I mean, don't we have other things to do? Like... plan out, the thing for the meet?"

"Not now Kip, one of my people has a matter to discuss, and it's important that I listen to him." He firmly replied, and Kip drew back to let the two of them discuss whatever they wanted to. Kip though, had a job to do until then.
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:37 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Penance Malum

Penance sort of awkwardly shuffled there as the Kingdra and Weavile talked softly with each other. Then his leader's attention was all on him. Normally at this point with such a strong male in front of him Penance would have been reduced to a full blushing fit, thankfully he had so much more on his mind than to think about petty thoughts such as those. "Uh... Aecor." He took in a deep breath and began to whisper to the Kingdra in a soft voice.

"TherearetoomanyvariablesallatplaceherewehavenoideawhatwillhapenthereandthusIcan'tfigureoutwhattoplan! Ihavethehighfeelingthatthisisalsoatrapandwitheachandeverysingleimportantpokemoninourtribegoingthenwe'llbekilledoffquiteeasily! Sirifwegotherewithoutanystrategythenwe'realldoomed!"

As his rant ended the Golduck coughed meekly. It was actually one of the few times he had gotten so stressed that he had spoken in such a rushed tone. "Sir... we need a plan. A strategy, a theorem. Anything actually! I need some time before we go! If we don't plan then the worst possible things could happen!" He hung his head. "Sir, we need to sit down and think about this. If we don't it could cost our tribe dearly. I can get some quick tactics together, but time needs to bought. Can you prolong the meeting in some way?"
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:26 AM
Typh

Shadow Norborn
Mossdeep city

Shadow bowed his head as Aecor dismissed him, one thing that Shadow both respected and honored the Kingdra for was using his actual name... not the nickname that so many of the other tribe members called him, "The Son of Suicune" or something along those lines... it was rather refreshing to be called by his actual name.

Shadow left the two to their talk... as he left he heard Penance rant in his quick-speech that hardly anybody could understand. Shadow walked over to Disaster, "gather the team together and make sure everybody has their equipment, weapons, tools, provisions, and the like. We leave for Mauville City soon, for a meeting. be ready for anything." he whispered.

The absol nodded his head and took off to go find the other members of the tribe. in the meantime Shadow left the main group of the tribe and traveled to his home, in the outskirts of the city.

When He got to his home he looked around the hut briefly, making sure everything was in order. he then went to the storage room of the structure, underneath the house. there he grabbed a bag and filled it with a variety of berries, fruits, and a few weapons, namely a few ice bombs, a frost dagger, and his camouflage coat. He then grabbed an Ice fang necklace, apparently it was left for him by his father... or so says his mother. before he left his home he double checked that he had gotten everything he needed from his house. he walked out, shut the door, ensured the door would not open, and returned to Mossdeep.

He walked through the city and made it back to the main square, where he met up with the rest of his team. each team member had a similar bag as he did but each one carried something different. Juggernaut had some ice bomb projectiles that he could launch out of his cannons, SilverWind had several gadgets and things that he loved to carry around with him, many helped with his scouting for the group. Disaster had a variety of weapons for attacking. and Quake, had mostly foods, some light medical equipment and some weapons. some equipment the group all had, camouflage coats, Ice bombs mostly, and of course, berries and foods.

Shadow looked at the rest of the group and nodded. Shadow ran to report of Aecor that they are ready to depart once the word is given. the rest of the group stayed together in the crowd. Shadow approached Aecor with another bow, "Sir, we are ready to depart, when ever you are."
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Turnip
Slateport City

Turnip pondered on his choice as he watched Nicolas walk towards the North exit. If he had someplace to go, maybe whatever he was doing was something too important for him to want a private to hear. Maybe it was something Turnip would really want to know. Stealth-ish, then? Hm, not Turnip's favourite mode of, uh, going, but tolerable if he'd get something good out of it.

Turnip changed direction in the most discrete way he could manage, following Nicolas at a safe distance.

Well, this could be promising. Maybe Nicholas Cage here'll have something useful for -BUEEAAAAAHH
- Reacting quickly, Turnip drew his handgun -
EEEUUUHHHhhhh... - and, just as quickly, holstered it again. Gardevoir costume, human legs.

(And yes. That was just a thought-scream. Happens sometimes.)

"Dammit." He muttered in annoyance. Whatever that soldier was doing, he sure wouldn't. Being discovered and killed like that would be a pretty shameful way to go, as would being killed like that in your own camp; but that said, pulling off perfect operations in that way was probably pretty incredible. At least he didn't seem to be the only one who'd reacted, he noticed Nicolas flinch a bit a few steps back.

So, with that out of the way, he decided to be a little more... well... he couldn't actually think of anything to prepare him for that again.

Never-the-less, he continued onwards. He overheard Mikkelson's Oath starting in the background. And he'd expected to get away from this - Damn you, Nicholas Cage! Uh, without the h... Or Cage...

"People of the Human Republic, are you ready for victory?"

Hmph. Instant promise of an optimistic probability. Typical politician's ploy. I can't blame him, though... except, well, I can. And will. Bloody hell, I hope I never have to-

Turnip was cut short as he accidentally rammed into the back of Nicolas. Oops.

Well, now was as good a time as ever for some answers, though Turnip got the feeling he'd probably be being asked a few more unless he talked pretty rapidly.

"Oh sorry sir I was just -uh- somethinged - well - do you know why we're at war? - nice day - uh - evening? - afternoon? - day's fine - are you going anywhere in particular?"

Old March 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
StinkomanFan

Sigil has nearly been shot twice now. Maybe it was best he saved the costume for when he was... closer to the camp. Taking off the more notable part of his costume, the wig, the chest spike, the dress, basically anything other than the bra, the shirt, the make-up, or the leggings. "Sorry!" He shouted to the few men, awkwardly ducking back into the protection of the forest. "Maybe I should go tell the guy in charge about this thing before I end up dying a pokemon..." He mumbled, crawling back into the shed and redressing. Off comes the bra, shirt, tights, make-up, etc. He puts them in the suitcase and redressed, putting on his clothes carefully and pondering how many times this would be likely to happen.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Jet Cross
Mossdeep City

Jet saw Aecor and Kip talking. He and Riptide approached them, but stood off at a respecful distance and watched Penance walk up to him. That Golduck was queer...He might even be a bit...homosexual. Jet chuckled inwardly. Penance also believed that it was a trap. An Umbreon Jet knew as Shadow came up to the Big Man with his strike team and ask for orders. Aecor gave him theirs and sent them away. "Rip, go get my stuff ready." The Feraligator nodded and loped off to get all of the explosives. ALL of them. It would take a massive case to carry them, so the Feraligator was an obvious choice. Jet walked up beside Penance and winked at him playfully, then turned to the pair of leaders. "Sir, Jet Cross reporting. Apologies for the interruption, but I'm assuming you'll be needing me. I have my partner gathering my stuff. Tell me where we're going, what I'll be blowing up, and what kind of beer you'll want me to buy when we get back. That'll be all." He flashed a winning smile and crossed his arms beside his head.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Patriot Skye Ravel :: Caerulus Tribe Base, Lavaridge
Rufflet; Caerulus Tribe :: Truly Shiny Preparations

"You're late to the party, Patriot."

"I know. I'm sorry about that. I just found this area filled with berry trees, and I couldn't really pass it up." Patriot's eyes were big as he tilted his head to the side once more, examining his mentor. The Staraptor seemed to be contemplating his inquiry.

". . . For the tribe, for ideals, and for hope. They keep me alive and provide me with motivation through various ways. I know that this isn't the best answer, but it gives me a purpose to be here as a member of the Caerulus Tribe. Everyone would have different reasons, and you're probably going to find yours soon enough."

Zeph smirked, chuckling. "But you're just here for the 'fun', aren't you, Patriot?" From there he proceeded to scoop up a Chesto Berry in his beak, swallowing it. He nudged the pile slightly as he offered some to the Ampharos.

"No! That's not true!" the little Rufflet cawed. "I fight for truth, justice, and honor!" he stated proudly. After a moment, his eyes narrowed as he thought about what he said. "Clichéd, I know, but still!"

"Well, I would fight for independence from the humans, thinking they've got any right to influence our lives and dictate us in our land for one. And especially that they will not at all discern the innocent from the soldiers when they're gonna march in here by the hundreds with those bullet-spewing guns. I want to protect the security that the children need. And then third, for egalitarianism, ending this religious schism. It's only given us martyrs in return." The Ampharos stated, responding to Zeph's question.

The Ampharos then turned to Patriot, hesitating for a moment. "These berries do taste quite nice."

"Thanks," Patriot said, "I try to only pick the ripest ones, for the best flavor."

Before the conversation could continue, another voice boomed. "People of the humble Caerulus Tribe! In exactly ten minutes we shall depart for Mauville City, for a meeting with the Ruber Tribe concerning the Human war! Hurry up if you do not wish to get left behind!"

Patriot looked at the large Aggron, cocking his head. "He's so . . . shiny," was Patriot's only comment. He turned back to the others, grabbed a blade of grass with his beak, walked over to the leaf with all the berries and tied the edges of it with the grass, creating a small sack that he could carry in his beak. "Weff, I'm afready," Patriot said, the sack of berries hanging from his beak.
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

Damien Pierce
Steelport City, Northern exit

“I’m sorry about your brother… that is definitely a much better reason than mine to go to war.” Jacob said as he started to frown. He quickly added in “Honestly I have a feeling the gears are set in motion for war and the death of your brother and the others is just the justification for war and revenge is not actually the objective.”

The truck jerked to a stop as to tell them the conversation was over. Jacob jumped out of the truck first with his rifle slung over his shoulder. Damien followed, also slinging his weapon, but Damien slung it across his back. He walked over to the cab of the truck and knocked on the window. The driver rolled it down and had a look on his face that said, 'what do you want now...'. Damien handed him a $50.

"Thanks for the ride man." Damien said politely.

"Yah welcome." The driver said before he sped off.

Damien walked back over to Jacob, who picked up their conversation with a new topic.

“It’s a unique weapon for sure but with the right modifications and in the right hands it is extremely lethal. Also I didn’t earn all my money by being bad at my job.”

Damien laughed a little at that last part.

"Haha I know what you mean, man."

Damien brushed some dirt off his shoulder, but there was a spot covering his whole insignia patch where the dirt would just not come off.

“I’m not here for the money considering I haven’t been promised any… yet,” continued Jacob after a second pause, “Kind of strange huh? Mercenary who doesn’t care for money… Guess I’m not entirely sane, or I’m really bad at being a mercenary.”

"Jacob," Damien started, "When you've been in the job as long as we have, You're lucky to just not be entirely sane."

Damien looked down and noticed his boot was untied. He ducked down to tie it. Jacob was being pretty quiet now, he took a glance up to see him zoned out staring at something on a necklace.

“To be blunt: I came here to hunt,” He said after a few more seconds. Damien went back to tieing his boot.

Damien finished and stood back up while Jacob was still space out. Jacob suddenly snapped to attention as Damien continued to scrape the dirt off his shoulder.

“So you have lots of experience in killing too huh? What for? Last I remembered the Human Republic hasn’t been at war for quite a while. So unless you joined up right after birth I’m guessing you either been killing for some super-secret-kill-me-if-you-tell-me reason, or you killed prior to joining this rag tag group.”

Damien didn't know how to answer. After a moment of pondering how to tell him without telling him, he started to talk. "It's probably best if I don't get into specifics right now. We can say I'm a merc like you, my employers just have a lot deeper pockets, and a lot more employees." Damien finally got the dirt off his shoulder, revealing a badge with a green shield on it. Centered in the shield, was a yellow-gold horse head. "Let me give you a word of advice friend... If you ever see men with this symbol ANYWHERE on them," He pushed his shoulder towards Jacob showing him the insignia, "Run, do not walk, to the nearest exit."

Damien continued to walk with Jacob towards the exit. He decided he would keep the conversation going on a less threatning note.

"So, Jacob, you got anyone, or anything, to go back to after this is all over?" Damien asked while un-slinging his rifle and holding it idly at his waist level.

"And another thing, if S**t hits the fan on this op, can I trust you to watch my back? I got yours, so you don't need to worry 'bout that." Damien put out his fist for a fist-bump. Accepting said fist-bump would mean "yes".

Old March 21st, 2013, 11:38 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Jacob looked at the patch as Damien revealed he was not a Republic grunt, but a mercenary like him. Suddenly Jacob felt a little more like a poser since in reality he wasn't really a part of a legit mercenary group. He felt like he was still a hit man calling himself a mercenary since hit man was a title he preferred to no longer be associated with. After looking at the patch for a bit he scratched the back of his neck and said, “O you’re a Merc then too huh? Honestly my “mercenary group” is just me, myself, and I. I’m not even sure if I qualify as a mercenary in the way you’re used to. More of a hit man… most of my previous work has been for those with… shady operations I guess you could say. Anyway so see a shield and horsey and stay away… got it.” Jacob was not smiling as he mentioned himself as a hit man or his shady dealings.

There was a bit of silence as they walked over to the meeting place, but it was broken by Damien asking “So, Jacob, you got anyone, or anything to go back to after this is all over?”
Looking over at Damien as they walked Jacob considered the question a few seconds, but before he could answer Damien continued, “And another thing, if S**t hits the fan on this op, can I trust you to watch my back? I got yours, so you don’t need to worry ‘bout that.” The man then put out his fist as a gesture to back up his declaration of support.

Jacob left Damien hanging as he answered the first question, “Nope… everything I own I brought with me. As far as anyone, I've always been a loner. The only thing that I ever had that was close to a family or friends was a gang I was in when I was really young and after that whole lot got killed off I have been alone.”

Jacob then gave Damien the desired fist bump after leaving Damien “hanging” for a few second. Jacob however finished his side of the gesture off with a very silly looking “exploding” hand gesture. “We will find your brother’s killers and when we do the last thing that will go through their head will be a bullet,” said Jacob in a serious tone after completing the strange gesture. He honestly wasn’t sure if he should have implied he had Damien’s back since that promise of support had a limit. Despite this Jacob’s claim about delivering justice to the killers of Damien’s brother and the other humans was serious.

They arrived at what seemed to be the best spot to wait for Nick at the north exit since it was out in the open and very easy to see. “And now we wait… so Damien was it? Do you have anyone or anything to return to after this possible war?” asked Jacob as the two waited for the leader of this scouting mission.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:28 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Zepheros and Lordus - Joint Post
Lavaridge

Lordus was examining Aurora as she spoke to the Blaziken, his eyes unflinching. She giggled at the end to relieve the tension, a sound that brought memories of a Dratini back to his stormy mind. Tray spoke in reply, drawing his attention away from the unwanted thoughts.

"Nothing is wrong... because war is natural for us. We are at war with the Ruber Tribe everyday. So what if our enemy is the Ruber scum or the humans? All we need to know is what to kill... if it comes down to war, that is." his words left Lordus unsmiling, staring at the ground. "I know as much as you do when it comes to the human threat. Adamantius is doing everything he can to help us. And we have to cooperate to survive."

He barely listened, only lifting his eyes to glance at the aether form of the slender dragon before him. Her purple bulbs about her neck were shining in a ray of sunlight. She's the perfect distraction, he thought darkly, deciding to disregard her. For now. A great frown was all that showed in his face when he turned to Trev once again, who appeared to be leaving.

"I'll talk to you two chaps later, for now, I have a job to handle. Please proceed to the town square where we have an important announcement to make."

"I'll be sure to hear you announce we're having war and that it's nothing out of the ordinary," his voice trailed off, his head slightly tilting, his dark blue eyes fixed on this Blaziken called Trev. He figured Trev thought himself smart and important, but he minded none. The warchiefs could play their game of power. He wondered how many people of his tribe actually shared the views of this one - that war is within the norms. A poor lie he told him and Aurora, was he thinking they were oblivious of what the mechanical birds of the humans scourging the skies meant? Lordus's cocky pride would have been wounded once, when somebody thought him stupid, but now he just stared at Trev in a blank expression. Anger was beneath it, nagging him as if to come out. He detested dishonest men who did not speak of things with their name, but he knew better than to start a quarrel within the tribe before their enemies could even have a chance to destroy it.

The edge of his eye caught the Aggron, their withered leader, coming to town, but there were things of more import to think about. One of these was Aurora, but he waved her image off and turned his spiked back to her.

"War is ordinary, according to this lad. Might be he thinks it's a game, too, but he'll soon learn, I wager." His eyes were scourging Lavaridge from the small hill they were up to, for the familiar figure of the bird he had seen before. A Staraptor. He found him right there, deeper within the small town, close to the crowd that was forming on the square of the town. "You'll have to pardon me, lady," he said curtly and without the courtesy that usually went along with the words he spoke. Nothing he ever said sounded kindle at all. As he descended, the tips of the bandages of his left arm billowed behind him, racing with the wind, the tips of his black swords scratching the yellow, withered grass.

Zepheros. An Ampharos was right next to him and a Rufflet about them; a quick glance was all he spared for them, but he did not know any them. "Zepheros," he called out once in range, and once their eyes crossed, he said, "there's to be a telling of sorts from Adamantius." Lordus's eyes traveled past the company of the three Pokemon to the square, where more and more Pokemon were gathering from all around the town to hear whatever was going to be said. Then he was back looking at the Staraptor in a face that would be made out of stone. "A word, if you would," he said.

"I heard," said the bird with a flat, serious tone. "And of course, Lordus. You never fail to intrigue me."
Glancing at Galeno and his apprentice, Zeph dipped his head as a sign of apology. It was rather impolite to leave a budding conversation mid-way, but this could be something important. Who knew? "I'll be right back. If the meeting starts, go there without me."

He then turned towards the Haxorus and looked into his eyes, giving him a nod of approval. Only now could Zeph truly feel the tense atmosphere of the approaching war and the confusion shared among almost everyone in the tribe. Upon spotting a vacant area of the town center, Zepheros lifted himself off the sand and landed gracefully on the ground, signalling Lordus to join him. When he did, though, his facial expression stayed the same - emotionless and cold. 'It's like I'm talking to a Magnezone...'

Clearing his throat, Zepheros tilted his head and asked the dragon with a soft yet neutral voice. "What's on your mind, Lordus?"

Lordus took his time before answering, all the while staring at the crowd forming at the square, distant fuss. "War is upon us, but hell, it won't be nothing like our past quarells with Ruber." He turned to look at Zepheros intently, so that the bird could grasp his meaning. "Beings that live under the water are treacherous. I smell a foul stench, and it's not piss for a certainty... it's worse. No good will come out of this meeting Adamantius and that Trev are preaching. Not for us of Caelurus. I reckon..." his voice lowered and he leaned forward, so their eyes were at the same height. "The frogs will consort with the humans. They will push us up the north from all sides, until we're well done and cooked."

"And once we're done for, the humans would turn against the Ruber tribe and get rid of them as well. They're not that stupid," Zepheros pointed out with a frown, revealing the flaws in Lordus' wild guess...at least, he assumed they were flaws. "They're as clueless as we are, Lordus. We don't know what the humans are capable of, and we could be the sea-lovers' last hope for survival."

Looking away from the Haxorus' gaze, Zeph looked at the buzzing crowd gathered at the town center and sighed. "I have my doubts, but I don't think Ruber would join the two-legged scum just yet. The worst thing that can happen today would be Adamantius' death, followed by a heated conversation between the two tribes. To be honest, I don't care that much about the Ruber Tribe anyway - it's these new pests that are bothering me."

Lordus grinned slightly in response, disagreeing quietly with the Staraptor before him; if anything should happen on this meeting, even the slightest misstep, there would be war. And the war would explode like the black eggs the fleshlings were tossing; heated, should anything happen to their precious Adamantius. Or any of the leaders, for that matter. He was looking south, to the forests and mountains below Lavaridge, knowing somewhere in the distance was the colony the humans had built in Slateport. Perhaps they were trouble worth more attention, on that matter he agreed with Zepheros. But then he convinced himself otherwise.

"The fleshlings seem unaware of nature, Zepheros. They're wielding these weapons that shoot death, be that as it may. But in the end they're as fragile as cublings to the breast of their mother. They've claimed but a little part of our homeland, and they're weak as it is. I see them trying to survive, and if they are to survive on our land..." he paused, his grin long gone. "The sea's gonna help them." The implication was strong in the word sea.

Uneasiness took Zeph over the truth made its way into their minds. "Either way, we shouldn't dig our own graves," Zepheros started with small gulp of uncertainty, "But what you said is undeniable. If the Ruber tribe has the golden opportunity to destroy us, they might as well help these 'fleshlings', like you just said. Still, a couple of things do make me wonder..."

The Staraptor spun around and looked south, picturing the watery tribe within his mind. "If memory serves me right, Aecor hasn't exactly started any wars before. To be honest...our tribe have always been the offensive. If you, Lordus, were leader of the tribe," Zeph met his gaze and continued with his question. "What would you do about this matter, then? It feels like we're playing 'cat and mouse' blindfolded, don't you think?"

Lordus threw back his head, roaring his raspy, coarse laughter to the skies. It took him three seconds to stop, all the while grabbing the belts around his thick waist. "Me? Leader? Ah... no." His otherwise stony face did have the slightest hint of amusement, though. He looked down upon Zepheros, leaning forward as if not to be heard by anyone but him. "That's treason you speak of, Zepheros. T'least it might sound so in the wrong ears. Our leader is still alive and well... though he might be short a head soon after this meeting." To answer your question, feathered lad... "I'd strike first. The dagger at the throat from the shadows thinks it given that it's taking the man it's pointed at unawares... I'd make them bloody sure they remembered that mistake, was I the leader."

"It's not treason when it's only a couple of 'what ifs'," Zeph defended himself, smiling back by just a little bit. "And it's also a little risky to strike when we don't know what shenanigans they can pull off, don't you think? When the time is right, maybe, but not now. Either way, it's still better than Adamantius' 'plans'. I can give you that." It's always good to have someone who could talk to you about wartime tactics; exchanging viewpoints and perspectives had always been pretty fun.

Risks were something Lordus would gladly take, however, and the Haxorus had to silently disagree with his ally - he just didn't say that part out loud. He nodded simply and looked toward the square. "I'd get us to hear what they have to tell us, before speaking further of war. Rather let us be informed."

Zepheros agreed and turned towards the buzzing crowd, using his talons to maintain his balance while walking on the sand. "Let us see if Trevalyn has something worth listening to then."

On the way, the Staraptor went past a familiar Dragonair who seemed to be standing there alone for the time being. What's her name again...? Aurora or something? Realizing that this was a good spot for the meeting, he decided to stand beside her and waited calmly for the briefing to begin.

(WALL OF TEXTTTTTTTTTTTT. Oh well it's a good read xD)

Last edited by Fenne-kun; March 22nd, 2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

Lt. Damien Pierce
Steelport North exit.

“O you’re a Merc then too huh? Honestly my “mercenary group” is just me, myself, and I. I’m not even sure if I qualify as a mercenary in the way you’re used to. More of a hit man… most of my previous work has been for those with… shady operations I guess you could say. Anyway so see a shield and horsey and stay away… got it.”

Damien sighed.

"No. I'm a L T in the Human Republic now. I used to be a merc like you. That's all behind me now, but I kept the armor, and the guns, and the other equipment. It's a lot better then the crap my present military force gives out..."

----
A little walky 'n talky later
----

Jacob fist bumped Damien back after leaving him hangin' for a few seconds. Jacob then went to do a funny looking explosion effect. Damien did not, instead laughing slightly at it.

"D-Don't ever do that again, man." He said in an entertained joking around voice.

Jacob went back to a serious tone.
“We will find your brother’s killers and when we do the last thing that will go through their head will be a bullet,”

"Thank bro," Damien started, "It's good to know I'm not alone on my little 'mission'."

The duo stopped at what looked like a good spot for Nick to find them. It was open and in plain sight. If Nick couldn't find them, he was blind. Damien sat down and rested his gun on his lap, but kept a hold on the grip and his finger directly above the trigger. He took a quick gaze around for Nick. No where to be seen yet... great.

“And now we wait… so Damien was it? Do you have anyone or anything to return to after this possible war?”

Damien sighed and looked up at Jacob.

"I got family back in Sinnoh, they don't give a sh!t if I live or die though... I haven't seen them since I was 17, that's roughly 10 years ago... With my brother gone, all I really got left is my squad... I do have a nice house back home in Sinnoh though, so there's that!" Damien rambled on.

He took a breath. "Nick better get here soon, I feel impatient."

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here