The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Have you Pre-Ordered Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?
Yep! 19 55.88%
Nope, I'll just pick up a copy in store. 15 44.12%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Apricots
Cream Puff

Nature: Gentle
I haven't decided if I want to preorder or not. I don't even have a 3DS.
I usually do if there's a preorder bonus of some kind but that doesn't seem to be a popular thing to do anymore. ;n;

tumblr | deviantart | pixiv | twitter

Last edited by Apricots; May 17th, 2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old May 17th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

I haven't pre-ordered my copy yet, but I will be pre-ordering closer to the release. Pokemon games never had pre-order bonuses, but I'm pretty sure there will be a special pokemon event that we can get for around a week or two after release.

Old May 17th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Apricots
Cream Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 XTREME View Post
I haven't pre-ordered my copy yet, but I will be pre-ordering closer to the release. Pokemon games never had pre-order bonuses, but I'm pretty sure there will be a special pokemon event that we can get for around a week or two after release.
Plenty have had preorder bonuses actually, though not all in North America. I have the Giratina figure from Platinum, in fact.

tumblr | deviantart | pixiv | twitter
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
I did put money into reserving a copy of both games, if that counts. I did that not for any of the bonuses, but to insure that I can secure them.

Last time that I bought a game that came out, the retailers said that if I hadn't come early, they wouldn't have sold it to me. This happened when I tried to buy B2 & W2.

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:12 AM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
The bonuses usually kind of suck. The coolest ones (here in the US at least) were the little statues. I got my hands on the Giratina, Lugia and Arceus ones.

I haven't pre-ordered yet, which is odd as I usually do right around the time they announce the games, or as soon as you can pre-order them. Both legendaries look really cool in my book, and I can't seem to pick one over the other. So that alone is making it hard for me to choose which copy. I think as soon as I find out more about the typings of these two and just more about the games in general, I'll go pre-order.
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I don't really see the point of pre-order as my town game stores do not do the pre-order bonuses. if there was bonuses I would defo pre-order it closer to the time of release.
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:40 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
If was living in the USA/Europe I would have pre-ordered, but since I live in the middle east ordering online will be very expensive, mainly because of the shipment fees.
I will probably wait till someone travels to the USA/Europe to get me the games & the 3DS, or even better get me a bundle containing the two.
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:32 AM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
I will definetly pre-order but I'm not in a huge rush to. There is still 6 and a half months to go.. and need to buy a 3DS first. So I'll wait till Summer when I actually have a job to do all that xD
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
If there's a bonus. I cant believe that BW2's was Keldeo which everyone got.
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
If there are any bonuses, then I will surely pre-order both games.
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

I haven't pre-ordered yet. I usually wait for more pre-order bonuses to be announced before I make my decision on where I'll pick up the game.
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I'll definitely pre-order, if there's a bonus even better, but i wouldn't really care.
I'm not sure how to pre-order though. I usually do it in a gamestore, but I'll be
moving to Spain this August to study/work there, so maybe i'll pre-order online?

Has anyone tried that already? How soon do you get the game delivered?

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:59 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
I don't want to preorder because I hate what preordering does... Even if Pokemon never seems to be corrupted like other companies with preordering. See this...

If there is a 3DS Pokemon bundle with X or Y preinstalled on the 3DS, I will get that, as I feel having a Pokemon game on demand without the game card is the best thing ever. I really wish they would put more games as downloadable on the market as well... Not sure how the bundle will connect to your account so that you may download a bundle game later if its deleted or something.

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I've been pre-ordering Pokemon games since Pearl Version, so I definitely will with X. I'm not going to until I see which store has the best pre-order offer, though.

iirc GameStop didn't do anything for Black and White but when I pre-ordered from Toys R Us, I got wall decals, a Reshiram stylus and a Zekrom stylus, a cleaning cloth with the starters on it, and little cases for DS games. I like getting bang for my buck :b

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
If I get a 3DS beforehand, I am so going to preorder it. If I can't I'll just pick one up in store...in a midnight release of course!

CHASE ELLIOTT
enjoyillinois.com 300 winner | chicago, illinois | july 19, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyahn View Post
I will definetly pre-order but I'm not in a huge rush to. There is still 6 and a half months to go.. and need to buy a 3DS first. So I'll wait till Summer when I actually have a job to do all that xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
If I get a 3DS beforehand, I am so going to preorder it. If I can't I'll just pick one up in store...in a midnight release of course!
For those of you who seemed to have waited to get a 3DS for these games, it would be great to see special 3DS XLs for X & Y that have the game bundled with it.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
For those of you who seemed to have waited to get a 3DS for these games, it would be great to see special 3DS XLs for X & Y that have the game bundled with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
I don't want to preorder because I hate what preordering does... Even if Pokemon never seems to be corrupted like other companies with preordering. See this...

If there is a 3DS Pokemon bundle with X or Y preinstalled on the 3DS, I will get that, as I feel having a Pokemon game on demand without the game card is the best thing ever. I really wish they would put more games as downloadable on the market as well... Not sure how the bundle will connect to your account so that you may download a bundle game later if its deleted or something.
Cough... Cough cough cough cough... Cough...

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Krazzikk

If I get a 3DS as a gift, definitely but otherwise, unless I miraculously come up with a lot of money, I'm not getting it, never mind pre-ordering it.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I'll pre-order both games in August, hoping to pick them up (GameStop if possible) instead of them being shipped.
(why not earlier? i need to buy my tickets for upcoming football games in Seattle)
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Lazerith

I have preordered and paid off Y version. My girlfriend has preordered and paid off X version.

Definitely looking forward to it. I hope they decide to give us pre-order bonuses like they did with 4th gen. A Yveltal and Xerneas figure would be amazing.
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Nuke

If the pre-order bonuses are good then I may pre-order, but I'm hoping there'll be a midnight launch at my local GAME as there usually is at the beginning of any Pokemon generation (and sometimes even things like Leaf Green). You're guaranteed cool stuff just for turning up and buying it if that happens.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:30 PM
ilias_
I completed the Pokédex!

Nature: Calm
I will pre-order it when I can! They are not available for pre-order here yet but I pre-ordered Black 2 and it was cool! haha

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old May 17th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
/merge

To be honest, I don't really have to pre-order either of them in advance. In my area, it's hardly likely that they'll be sold out before the day ends on release day. Although, while I don't have to pre-order them, I would like to do so a month before release day. I don't care for any pre-order bonuses, but I wouldn't mind getting a figurine!
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Creame
Dreams take you higher ♥

I think imma preorder it! Just to make sure it isn't sold out already! I cannot wait till October! My birthday is in August, which will get me some money (at least I hope it will).. Imma be working during summer and that will be helping as well!

Eeveelutions ♥
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I am going to ask for X for my birthday since the release date is a few days before it. I will eventually get Y later when I have finished X. But yeah, I will probably tell my mom to pre-order it so that I get the bonuses.

Last edited by Rai; May 28th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links