Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Most Forgettable Main Series Game?
Red 1 4.17%
Blue 0 0%
Yellow 0 0%
Gold 0 0%
Silver 0 0%
Crystal 3 12.50%
Ruby 0 0%
Saphire 1 4.17%
Emerald 1 4.17%
Fire Red 2 8.33%
Leaf Green 0 0%
Diamond 5 20.83%
Pearl 4 16.67%
Platinum 3 12.50%
HeartGold 0 0%
SoulSilver 0 0%
Black 2 8.33%
White 0 0%
Black 2 1 4.17%
White 2 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
Which Pokemon game that you have played was the most forgettable to you? For me it was Platinum. It wasn't that it was a bad game, but I had a very short experience with it. I played it for about 2 weeks. I only had about 70 hours on it before i lost it. I would have bought another copy because I remember it having a pretty cool story and there was that Distortion world with Cyrus that was awesome, but by the time I lost it Black and White were about to come out so I just thought I would wait for those to come out to buy another Pokemon game. Besides the Distortion World I don't really remember anything about Platinum (and I only vaguely remember the Distortion World :/) So which game has been the least memorable for you and why?

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old March 9th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
For me, the most forgettable game was Black. I'm not saying it was a bad game, it just didn't surprise me or got me excited as the other Pokmeon Games before it. One of the main things i didn't like was the unability to catch any other Pokemon than the new Unova Pokemon until the post-game. This made for some limited team choices in my opinion...I also felt like the game was aiming at a "newer" generation of pokemon gamers, not the "old, veteran" generation.

Luckily, Black 2 turned out to be an awesome game, and has become one of my favorites out of all the main pokemon games

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:09 PM
LeftNut

I'd have to say the entirety of Gen 4. Something about the characters and story just felt boring to me.
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM
B-L-A-Z-E
リズ

Nature: Impish
Diamond and Pearl were lacking, but they were the first main series games on the ds which is why I won't forget them. The one's I see as most forgettable are Fire Red and Leaf Green. They seemed to be a step back from Ruby and Sapphire but that's probably because they were based on 1st gen games though.

You wish it was this easy...

Last edited by B-L-A-Z-E; March 9th, 2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
I'd have to say Emerald honestly, nothing about it really stuck out if you ask me.

Gotta love the high life.
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
Really? I'd say emerald is the most memorable. The Battle Frontier was amazing. The reason Emerald is so memorable is because it has probably the best post game out of all the main series games. But your personal experience with emerald may be different than mine so I guess this question is different for everyone.

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Honestly, this is just a least favorite thread. And, for me, the least favorite is obviously Hoenn. Though, classifying the dreadful water routes and the trumpets as "forgettable" is something awkward.

Anyway, Emerald had a lackluster post-game, because it really was only the Frontier, as opposed to Platinum which has a whole new area to catch Pokémon, a mini-quest with Team Galactic remnants, and obviously its own Frontier, or HGSS, which have the whole improved Kanto in comparison to the original GSC. Or even BW, which have East Unova with the ability to catch non-native Pokémon. Emerald doesn't even have an E4 rematch... Which was kinda necessary as it's by far the worst E4 of all the main series games (at least in terms of Pokémon variety).

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Itstoppedatumbreon
Destroying Zubats since 1996

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Itstoppedatumbreon
Got to be B/W for me. Probably because i followed all the news up to the release and all of the Japanese info, that it was all spoiled for me. I never got B2/W2 because i thought that Unova was just...Boring!
Also, i never liked the Battle Frontiers. They just seemed a bit crap compared to things like Pokemon Sadium on N64, and as my best Poke was usually my Legendary, i couldnt use my best in it.
Old March 9th, 2013, 04:22 PM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

I think the Hoenn games are the most likely. To date, I have never completed a single Generation 3 game, making it the only generation for me not to do so. But, Hoenn really tired me out around the time I got to the fifth or sixth gym.
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:21 PM
ISA56 2.0
The one and only!

Nature: Jolly
Really, I would have to say Diamond and Pearl, with its bland overall presentation and story, shameless homeages to Gen 2, rather dull-looking protagonists, a teeth-grindingly slow Surfing pace, and a noticeably lackluster post-game makes me wish we had just went straight to Platinum.
HACKS I SUPPORT:
Pokemon Brown
Pokemon Prism
Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Old March 9th, 2013, 08:07 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Crystal, I have no Idea why, but I just always forget about it. It was just so similar to G/S that I forget that it even happened
Chalenges:
Ruby Solo Run (Blaziken)-Complete!
Soul Silver Monotype Flying- COMPLETE
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old March 9th, 2013, 11:06 PM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'd say Diamond and Pearl because just of how slow moving they were, especially the battles. The story wasn't bad, but it just seems to move slowly. I like the introduced so that saves Gen IV for me (though I hated half of them when they were first revealed, but they've grown on me). That plus Platinum pretty much remedies everything DP did wrong and so do HeartGold/Soulsilver.

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old March 9th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Diamond and Pearl, they were so slow with the surfing and battle scenes. However the nice designs of the Pokemon introduced was the saving grace, and Platinum fixed all the problems Diamond and Pearl had.

Ruby and Sapphire also come close due to having little-to-no postgame.
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Tackle
Pancham

Nature: Timid
I'd say Diamond and Pearl, they're easy to be forgotten. Since Black and White come I forgot about Diamond and Pearl.

Feel free to VM / PM me, I'll be sure to reply your messages!

Paired with ForeverDash, MidnightShine, Shadowraze, Daniel Evans and Hoenn.

Also known as Clown of Hearts.

Join Castelia City Forums now!

Old March 10th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
FireRed/LeafGreen, I got so bored while trying to play it that all these years later it still sits incomplete in my game box. I don't think I'll ever think of these two games until I start thinking about the games that I own and go, "Oh, right, my sister and I had copies of LeafGreen." There wasn't really anything new to them, I thought.
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I would have to say pokemon Crystal sadly as it only added one thing to the game, nothing to special to me. plus going back to Kanto was a bit boring as I had already been there.
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I agree on Platinum, I think it was overshadowed by the hype for HGSS.

It's funny that DPPt has the most votes when that was what really initiated playing Pokemon online and over Wi-Fi. Personally, I don't remember the storyline much at all only because I've only played Pearl once, but I plan on restarting it. I'm playing Platinum for my third time but I play it so sporadically I don't even know what's going on with the storyline.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links