The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Probably gonna go with Xander; I'm planning on getting Pokemon X. These days I like to choose names that closely relate to the version I'm playing.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:38 PM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

I always name myself something different in every play through of a pokemon game. It'll depend on what the character looks like. This time I'm thinking Trowa after my fav gundam wing character. Just for nostalgia's sake.

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
KJPokemon

Nature: Calm
I always name my character KJ. I ended up naming my character that when I played my first pokemon game (Yellow, nearly 14 years ago) and it stuck. KJ has always been sort of my nickname in real life because my real name is Kenny.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Actually, I think I may break my usual pattern of using my real name for the character and instead call him Quote instead, due to the male protagonist's resemblance to the protagonist of Cave Story.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
Antemortem

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I almost always name my protagonist Dave or David, but on game files that I don't save (aka restarts that I end at one point) I name myself whatever the character's name actually is. If the character's name is good enough, I'll name him/her that on my main profile, but it almost never is. (see: hilbert)

kawaii in the sheets
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:51 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
My flavor of choosing names completely depends on the type of hack or original game I am playing . For example if I am playing Emerald version then i would make him name Brandon.
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Paradise3
Unhatched Egg

I think the character limit is stupid when other important characters have names longer than 7 characters.

L-t-.- -S-u-r-g-e
G-i-o-v-a-n-n-i
F-l-a-n-n-e-r-y
G-a-r-d-e-n-i-a
C-r-a-s-h-e-r- -W-a-k-e
S-h-a-u-n-t-a-l
G-r-i-m-s-l-e-y

These characters make me angry. Why can't the player's name be longer...

If they allow 10 character Pokemon nicknames, why not 10 character names? (I still hate Crasher Wake for having such a long name... lol)

I'm deciding between one of my internet handles, my real name, or possibly just the default/official name.

Or if they do a voiced trailer like for B2W2 maybe I'll look up the character's seiyuu for the trailer and find other roles, and name the character after that. XD
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
My flavor of choosing names completely depends on the type of hack or original game I am playing . For example if I am playing Emerald version then i would make him name Brandon.
Sooo you use the male protagonist of the game...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise3 View Post
I think the character limit is stupid when other important characters have names longer than 7 characters.

L-t-.- -S-u-r-g-e
G-i-o-v-a-n-n-i
F-l-a-n-n-e-r-y
G-a-r-d-e-n-i-a
C-r-a-s-h-e-r- -W-a-k-e
S-h-a-u-n-t-a-l
G-r-i-m-s-l-e-y

These characters make me angry. Why can't the player's name be longer...

If they allow 10 character Pokemon nicknames, why not 10 character names? (I still hate Crasher Wake for having such a long name... lol)

I'm deciding between one of my internet handles, my real name, or possibly just the default/official name.

Or if they do a voiced trailer like for B2W2 maybe I'll look up the character's seiyuu for the trailer and find other roles, and name the character after that. XD
Longer would be awesome, ya. Maybe even 20 characters since these days middle names are more of a thing? XD; Or at least ~creative~ ones are.
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Nauje
Oooooo...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I always call myself Sidd in short for my longer name, and if I feel like being the girl character I call her Sidra for some reason aha

I like the idea of adding a surname for more formal situations like a gym battle. It gives the challenge a more important feeling I guess.
Old April 4th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

I always name myself after my favourite pokemon characters, such as Red and N.

Gen 6.
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Lord_Storm
Deathly Inferno

Nature: Naughty
About 90% of the time, I use my nickname that I've had since I was 7 or 8, which is Storm, because I could run pretty damn fast.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:16 AM
zypher634
zypher634

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to zypher634
I generally name myself after the version but im going to be naming myself Zypher for purposes of youtube and stuff like that. plus I feel like I should be going by my screen name anyway

my best team is explained by the picture. the 6th member depends on who im challenging.

you can view my nuzlocke run and other awesome videos at www.youtube.com/zypher634

Friendcode for Black version : 0863-2606-8000
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:13 AM
JohnnyJ773
Wanderer from Cianwood City

Nature: Modest
I'll most likely be using my real name like always. If I do switch up I'll use my middle name Rashad.

BLACK 2 FC:1550-4719-5621HEART GOLD FC: 3483-2756-6167
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:39 AM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Nature: Jolly
I don't know why but I always call my chractarter my brothers name Rayene just to keep in track with the pokemon games.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links