The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Well the mascot doesn't necessarily have to be there from the beginning, as long as it becomes the face of the franchise at some point. Togepi came into the fray before the fad exploded and died out, so it could have easily served as a mascot.

A mascot doesn't have to be Ash's first Pokemon you guys...
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Nature: Naughty
Good point, I agree Togepi is cute

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 11th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Cassino
Møderator

Charizard. It's a dragon, a monster. I think its design has always indicated that 'this is a Pokemon, and what Pokemon is about'.
They could have a chibi version or use Charmander when a simpler or cuter design would suit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Clefairy was originally supposed to be the mascot iirc, so I'd say she'd be most likely.
It was also male.

DA | YT | 'Be yourself' is the worst advice anyone around here will give you.

Last edited by Cassino; March 11th, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old March 11th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Charizard. It's a dragon, a monster. I think its design has always indicated that 'this is a Pokemon, and what Pokemon is about'.
They could have a chibi version or use Charmander when a simpler or cuter design would suit better.

It was also male.
I never thought of that. Charizard would be a cool mascot

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 12th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Fonzy95

What about YOUR beloved Arceus? I remember I had a long conversation about the "God Pokemon" in an other topic; so if you people believe that it is the creator of all, the God, and other stuff like this, you should reconise him as the "Main" Pokemon.

Old March 12th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'

Nature: Jolly
If we're being limited to gen 1 Pokémon, the only other viable options I'd see besides Pikachu is Clefairy, Eevee, or Raichu. No one ever seems to give Raichu the love he deserves :c

If not, I'd say Mudkip, Ralts or Gardevoir, Plusle+Minun, Audino, or maybe even Stunfisk the great ruler of all.

Dunsparce, too.
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Arcturus.
Does this unit have a soul?

Nature: Quiet
I would have to say Eevee, just because I feel like the same number of people like it. Although I heard that Ash was supposed to have Clefairy as his partner. Since I think the anime was the whole reason Pikachu became so popular, I give my second guess to Clefairy.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:36 PM
StinkomanFan
Intern of the Pokemon world

Nature: Quirky
I dunno if anyone would agree but I think the maybe Caterpie would be a good one. I mean, look much attention it got int the first ten or so episodes. If I didn't know better I'd think they were trying to jam Caterpie down our throats until Metapod came bursting from our jaws.
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:26 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Probably Clefairy. It was originally intended to be the mascot from what I've heard.

Old March 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
Probably one of the original three starters or their fully evolved forms. Maybe all three at once? I don't know. Togepi was one for a while, but that kinda died off. Maybe it would have been mew or mewtwo possibly even ho-oh. Ash did see ho-oh at the beginning of his journey after all. Those would be my guesses, but I really can't say. Such a tough call...
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

Nature: Quiet
While it wouldn't have been a Pokemon that Ash would've caught, I could have easily seen either Mew or Mewtwo being frontrunners as the franchise Pokemon. Any one of the starters/Eevee could've worked, too, but I think it would've felt that much more special to catch one of them if they were the most elusive, but best known Pokemon (plus, being as powerful as they are is a pretty strong selling point).

Old March 12th, 2013, 08:35 PM
T-Zombie
The End (?)

Nature: Lonely
I remember watching a Pokefacts video talking about how clefairy was originally going to be Ash's starter so I'm going with Clefairy
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
For me it would have to be Eevee, due to the fan fare that it has received over the years. It could just as easily stand the test of time, and Eevee doesn't seem overly masculine or feminine which is why they went with Pikachu over Clefairy because Pikachu shares that quality. If they were at some point going to replace Pikachu I felt Lucario would have been an great replacement as I always felt Lucario was quite marketable and very popular among the fans as I see it on peoples team all the time. To the Togepi discussion Togepi appeared somewhat early on in the Anime to be a transition mascot as it appeared still in the original series. Obviously they didn't make the switch as we still have the same two in place. Or they could have had Marill who was known as Pikablu by the fans back then.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 15th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Da7kmagician
The very best there ever was

Clefairy as it was originally meant. If not Bulbasaur. I think the mascot should be Mew or Arceus
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Esper

The mascot would have to be cute, whatever it is.

I know that Clefairy was one of the originals to be considered, but Eevee is just as good as a Pikachu replacement, though Clefairy being pink instead of brown would probably be more marketable. Probably. Marill is a great choice, too, but might not have existed if Pikachu hadn't become the mascot in the first place.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Alakazam17
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.

Nature: Quirky
All I know is this: if Jigglypuff were the mascot for the series, I would have looked at the original games, passed, and today I would be posting on "ZeldaCommunity" forums instead of this fine place. :D

Though seriously folks, I think the prime contenders would be either Eevee or Mewtwo; the former because of the hype around it near the beginning of the franchise's life(and let's face it, ever since), and the latter because it would have been a game mascot if RBY followed the coventions of subsequent generations.

Though to be totally biased, I think Abra would have been the best Pokémon mascot. Cute(at least in my twisted mind), annoyingly powerful(at least by the standards of the first generation), and a perfect combination of rarity and difficulty in capture(Teleport, I hate you). That is all.
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:10 PM
FlameChocobo
Warrior of Hoenn

Nature: Lonely
Clefairy should have been the mascot for the Pokemon. The Coro-coro manga went by that.

That or Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle for Generation 1. Ho-oh and Lugia for Generation 2. Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza for Generation 3. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina for Generation 4. And Reshiram, and Zekrom along with Kyurem using the forms for both for Generation 5. Respective Pokemon for respective generation.

There'd be no Yellow version IIRC.
Old March 30th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Renemesis
Unhatched Egg

What first poster said, Clefairy would probably do well, but imo would be too cute compared too pikachu. I'd like maybe instead to see.. pidgey?
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:44 AM
Struggler

Eevee because it would fit in best with an "I never want to evolve" scenario, although Ash would have to teach it TM's to keep it interesting in battles
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Sabrewulf238

I could see it being Jigglypuff or Meowth.

On the other hand if Pikachu didn't exist there would probably have just been a different cute pokemon to fill it's roll, rather than an existing pokemon.
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM
zoroarkrules25

It would be clefairy because he was originally going to be ash's starter but they made it pikachu instead.
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:22 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

Nature: Sassy
I think Eevee would be a good choice as well.. I think as far as the anime is concerned it could add some conflict as to what Ash should evolve it into as they continue to discover more eeveelutions.

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old March 31st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Clefairy would be as it was planned to be the mascot in the first place. That's why isamu akai from the pocket monsters manga has a Clefairy as a partner.
Old March 31st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Infernape Master
Unhatched Egg

Eevee because Eevee has more than 7 eeveelutions. Also, Pokemon could make games out of Eeveelutions for example, Pokemon Glace, Pokemon Esp, Pokemon Umb. Also, Clefairy isn't good because it makes pokemon look feminine. Pikachu has a yellow colour which can be both genders. Also, Pikachu and Eevee both look like they can be boys or girls. SO EEVEE.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Charizard or Poliwag.

Charizard was the mascot for the original game (Red) which was released both in Japan and Internationally (Green, the other original game, didn't make it out of Japan until the remakes). He was one of the main Pokemon in the anime and continues to be a prevalent force there (as evidenced by his numerous guest appearances and recent return to Ash's team in Best Wishes 2). On numerous forums, namely Nintendo's Official Magazine (2010) and IGN (late 2011), he was voted by fans as the favorite Pokemon. This seems like the logical choice.

Poliwag, primarily because its Satoshi Tajiri's favorite Pokemon.

Last edited by RoreyG; April 3rd, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links