The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Yeah, I think Eevee would be good enough. I think like Pikachu has abilities a normal Pikachu doesn't, they might make it something like this Eevee switches between evolutions or something.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:24 PM
Radio Rebel
Be heard! Be strong! Be proud!

Nature: Timid
I've been wondering why Eevee wasn't the mascot ever since that episode where that guy refused to evolve his Eevee. It's a cute Pokémon that doesn't want to evolve (sound familiar?), but its ability to evolve into many different types of Pokémon makes it a much more appropriate mascot for the franchise than Pikachu, if you ask me.

YouTubeLast.fm ♦ Proud member of Geronimo! and The Rainbow Connection
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:08 AM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Nature: Jolly
I think thats obvious,freaking charizard!
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Axeliira
shotgun rider

Nature: Brave
If Pikachu didn't exist to be the main Pokemon then my second choice would have to be Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur is the first Pokemon of the whole dex, so why not have Bulbasaur be the main Pokemon?

Eevee, due to its ability to evolve to a bazillion forms would fall under a second choice too.

Hamlin - Anthony - Skipper - Sabrina - Starla
Sootopolis City | 7 Badges | 3153-5326-5448
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:44 AM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Nature: Calm
I've heard clefairy was supposed to be the main pokemon. Dunno I find it really ugly (one of that pokemon whose first gen sprite I like better than the later ones). Well one thing's for sure: in the eyes of the developers of the series the main pokemon has to be cute, so if neither pikachu nor clefairy would exist, I think eevee or jigglypuff would be the representing pokemon.
Old April 4th, 2013, 03:52 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Nature: Calm
Eevee would of been a good mascot and in the anime it probably would of never evolved but would of been insanely powerful beating regiice latias and Dragonite

Safari Grass: PanSage - Maractus - Sawsbuck
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:29 PM
BlackOranges
Unhatched Egg

I would of liked to see Snorlax as the main Pokemon of the series, that would of been awesome! Think it could make for some funny scenes in the Anime too.
Old April 13th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Schadenfreude
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Docile
Excluding the main pokemon such as Pikachu, JigglyPuff, Clefairy, Poliwhirl, the legendaries and 3 starters, I could see:
Sandshrew being the main starter because he is a blank slate, simple in design yet cute and appealing to people.
OR
Eevee due to popularity and ability to transform the creature into (at the time) 3 different types. This pokemon not only represents itself but 3 others all at the same time.
OR
Nidoran(male) because he has a great character design that will appeal to both genders and also he looks pretty unique to me.
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:12 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
Sandshrew being the main starter because he is a blank slate, simple in design yet cute and appealing to people.
^ This is what I was going to say. That and if he was Ash's Pokemon instead of Pikachu, there could always be the running gag of Sandshrew curling up into a ball to ignore Ash...though it'd make fighting Misty pretty hard in the beginning of the series.
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Chimecho.

Damn guy is adorable.

I miss Jame's Chimecho it was by far his best pokemon, and the episode where he left it behind was easily more depressing than bye-bye butterfree.
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Cassiopeiia
Floating

Nature: Bashful
Eevee would be a decent choice, but it's also rather plain with its normal typing and all. Just by itself, it doesn't represent the diversity of Pokémon very well.
Marill would be a great mascot I think.
Or Jynx.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links