The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Remake of this old thread here!

So guys! We have a lot of different Pokeballs other than the classic Poke/Great/Ultra/Master Ball: We have the Dive Ball, Luxury Ball, Repeat Ball, as well as other kinds of Pokeballs~! What other Pokeballs would you like to see in this generation? Perhaps you'd like to see the old Apricorn man that made so many different kind of Pokeballs for you in HG/SS make a return?

Discuss~!
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I don't really think we need any more Pokéballs than we already do. I feel like they have pretty much every variable covered for different types of balls, but maybe more type specific balls (like the Net Ball) could be implement. Maybe like a Magma Ball to catch Fire types with a better capture rate?
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
I'd love the apricorn balls to return, like the Love and Friend Ball. They look so good, and I'm an aesthetic person, so I like catching my Pokemon in cute looking Pokeballs or matching ones. I wouldn't be opposed to new ones either...especially since we didn't get any new ones in gen V (none that I recall anyway).

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

I don't care how many get added, just as long as we don't get another gen 5 I'm fine. Pokeballs are always the best additions to the games, and I can't see what they can come up with.
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I've said this in the last thread, but, I'd love it if there were pokeballs that are based off of certain traps. Like say... a general 'trap ball' that sorta represents a trap hole cleverly covered on a rough surface for pokemon types like... Fire, Ground or Rock.

That, and I would obviously like to see the old pokeballs return. It'd be nice to see Lure Balls and Love Balls return as well.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Forever
let it go

Apricorn balls returning would be great but I think that's a gimmick only really fit for generation 2, at least, Kurt would need to return for that to happen. ;_;
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Apricorns would just be a weird concept to come back again, as much as I liked them. Unless Kurt had some unknown successor or apprentice or something I don't see it happening, although I would love it. Some of the balls (especially the Heavy Ball) had some use that we don't currently have anymore.
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Forever
let it go

Well basically everything still has a use but to counter that they could just improve the capture rates and boom we're good. If not yeah, a successor sounds like the only way we'd get those balls.
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Or they could sell them in a small store. Like Kurt sold the secret to making Apricorn balls and the companies started to mass produce them.
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:29 PM
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

I don't really know...i kinda just like catching all my main pokemon with a good ol' Pokeball...kinda just gives the feel of the anime and...so they don't fight over why they got caught with this or that ball...i know...stupid...but mostly the anime thing! But it WOULD be nice i guess if they made a special pokeball for each type so its easier to capture such as the net ball!

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old March 11th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I'm pretty happy with the pokeballs we have now, 90% of the time i just use ultra balls, and all other balls just in some specific cases, which doesn't happen that often. I'd love to see some more type specific balls too though, would make capturing certain pokemon much easier.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:57 AM
MarinoKadame

I want a Pokeball to customize the the sparkles and also the color or patern on it actually.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

So pretty much bringing ball capsules back into the picture? I actually like fooling around with them, and it added some fun customization to your Pokéballs.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:19 AM
LeftNut

I just want this awesome thing back. Like Xander said, they could just sell them instead of requiring Apricorns.
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Dark_Illusion
Psychic Trainer

Nature: Calm
I think they should bring Apricorns back,but don't add anymore poke balls. As others have said before, we already have a lot of poke balls. Just adding more on top of others will make things seem crowded.
Old March 13th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Thingula
How do you change this text?

I'd like to see Safari Balls, because that would mean that the Safari Zone is back!
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
So pretty much bringing ball capsules back into the picture? I actually like fooling around with them, and it added some fun customization to your Pokéballs.
It'd be fun but I do kind of wonder if that's a Sinnoh-only feature, really. :( If it skipped gen 5 idk if it'll come back in 6.
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Kurt doesn't necessarily have to be around for Pokéballs made of apricorns to be available. Depending on the timeline, Kurt's business in making Pokéballs could have grown substantially to the point where they're now being sold internationally like MooMoo Milk. And as Xander pointed out, there could be a small store that sells apricorn balls imported from Johto.

Something I'd like to see would be PokéBalls that work better under certain weather conditions. For example, something like a Sand Ball, which increases the chance of capture during a sandstorm.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Papii
Unhatched Egg

I don't really catch any Pokemon with anything else but Pokeballs, but I'd like to see the Moonballs from HGSS make a return to the new region, as well as Mewtwo's "Cloneballs" in the first Pokemon movie to make their debut.
Old March 16th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm not sure we'll ever see the Clone Balls Mewtwo made from the first movie as that seems like something exclusive only to the anime. It wouldn't make much sense to find them in the games since we don't typically find cloned Pokémon out in the wild unless X/Y decides to change that.
Old March 16th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I doubt the Clone ball will ever be included in the Games, since they basically were made to "steal" the Pokemon to clone them, even if they were inside their pokeballs. And as we all know, stealing other trainer's pokemon is wrong, so why include the Clone balls?

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
It'd be fun but I do kind of wonder if that's a Sinnoh-only feature, really. :( If it skipped gen 5 idk if it'll come back in 6.
It more than likely is seeing as it was only in the Sinnoh games (not even in HGSS which was in the same generation), as well as only the Sinnoh anime. I'd love to see it brought back again though just for the added customization, as it was honestly one of my favorite features from the Sinnoh games.
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
ProfessorBeeching
Professor Of Fail

I'd like to see some, if not all, apricorn balls come back for aesthetic reasons. Some of them are a little useless, but others have good effects. As for new ones, I think I'd love to see some Poke Balls that gain strength against other specific types, similar to the net ball but for flying, electric, etc. Assuming seasons are retained in Gen VI perhaps a 'season' series of balls would be nice, too.
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

That'd be really cool. Like a Winter Ball that works best during Winter, like a Pokéball during Fall and Spring, and then less effective during the Summer. Could probably do that for every season.
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:01 PM
ProfessorBeeching
Professor Of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
That'd be really cool. Like a Winter Ball that works best during Winter, like a Pokéball during Fall and Spring, and then less effective during the Summer. Could probably do that for every season.
Precisely. Plus, imagine the animations! A Winter Ball would have the pokemon come out in a blizzard, Spring-Ball Pokemon would come out with flowers, Summer-Ball ones would probably have a heatwavey effect and Autumn Pokemon could have orange leaves like the old ball capsules!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links