The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Remake of this thread!

So if you guys read that thread, you're very well aware of the savings mechanics used in HeartGold and SoulSilver, whereas your mother would save money for you, and then she would sometimes spend it on a whim or something like that, but usually it won't be that much money (I hope!). Though it's not really an issue as she usually spends a couple hundred pokedollars or so buying decorations for your room, so it's usually not a big deal, right? xD

Would you like to see this feature back, and if so, would you like it altered in any manner? Maybe you'd like to see your mother purchase other items with your money, or perhaps you can give her a grocery list of what to buy and what not to buy with your money? Discuss~
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
As long as the mother doesn't pester you every 5 minutes, saying that she has bought something with your saving money, I don't mind!

I'd also like to see a bank to save your money; that's also a nice way to save money! Plus you can get deals with banks like interest, etc.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly I never really saw the point in your mother saving your money for you. All she really did was buy items that most of the time you had no use for, and then it just sat there and accumulated. I'd rather just have all my money with me if nothing is going to happen to it. However, the idea of banks and gaining interest for the money you store in it would be something that'd be an interesting concept. Although it's really not totally practical (since in-game money isn't really a hard thing to get), it'd be interesting if only for the interest part of it.
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Whoops, forgot to reply to this~!

I wouldn't mind for something like this to make a return! I mean, it would make more sense to have an actual bank, but it doesn't really matter either or, as long as I have someplace to store my money, I guess. xD;
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'd prefer a bank to having our mother save our money again. At least that would mean less phone calls and no one spending our savings on unnecessary items we don't need. Also, the idea of having an interest rate is something I'd like to see happen. Also, it could introduce the idea of debit cards in the games too.
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Just going back and thinking about this topic again (the bank thing), is there really a point for it? With how easy it is to get money, and the fact that money is infinitely stored (until you hit the 999999 limit), is there really a point to having a bank? I feel the same way about your mom saving money to; there really isn't any point for it when storage of money (which is the main purpose of a bank) is infinite. It's not like your character is lugging around a giant wallet with him/her to carry the money =P
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Jilly Shears
No party like a Corpse Party!

Nature: Sassy
Nah, the bank system doesn't really have a point anymore...or at least it's more of a "nice" feature than one that's really necessary.

The only reason it was in GSC in the first place was because of how brutal the money system for losing was in the earlier gens, considering you lose like half your money. And then FRLG came around and changed the formula so it's not as harsh. Go figure why it wasn't in RSE, but I guess it wasn't even really thought about.

Only reason it was in HGSS was because it's an artifact from Gen II, anyway.
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
It doesn't really matter to me if this returns as I do not spend my money until the Pokemon league(except some on Pokeballs). I liked this feature but I just never really found it too useful.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:37 PM
The_CGC

Nature: Bold
Actually, how about a bank building? Ever since they removed the pokemart buildings (The Poke Economy got a huge slap in the face and forced the shop clerks to move into a pokemon center) I think a new building is in order. They did something like that in earthbound, right?(NOTE: I have never played it before, so its a complete guess).

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Student D1
De-Wott?

Location: It's where the sun rises, but it's smaller than Japan.
Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Student D1
Having our mother to store money isn't a bad idea for X and Y, nor is having a bank system. It can be pointless or useful to us, and it depends if we want to store our money somewhere to someone or just keep it ourselves.

However, I didn't like the idea of having our mother buying things using the money we stored, and we end up receiving just some small item. I wouldn't want our mother to call us over and over again, saying she bought this and that. A bank is all right, though it shouldn't be too practical. It should be like a bank in the PMD games, where we just deposit and withdraw the money (coins) we've collected.

Profile | PM | Intro Thread | PokéSpe | White 2 FC
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links