Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Congratulations! You've received a Pokewalker!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea
Yes 7 77.78%
No 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 11th, 2013 (09:37 AM). Edited March 11th, 2013 by flight.
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Nature: Quiet
Reflect back on when we purchased HeartGold and Soulsilver. We were gifted with the Pokewalker, a pedometer like item that basically trains your Pokemon with each step you take, and is especially useful if you're a "to-go" person. That way, you can take your Pokemon pretty much everywhere with you! Not only this, but the Pokewalker, I believe, also has a feature in which you can catch wild Pokemon in it, too!

My question to you guys: Do you think we'll get a bonus item with purchasing X/Y? If so, what would you like it to be? Perhaps the Pokewalker wasn't up to your expectations, so maybe you'd like a bit more?

Old March 11th, 2013 (09:49 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
I think what I love most about being given the Pokéwalker was that it had a practical purpose. I liked being able to level something up by walking and catching a wild Pokémon from my number of steps. If we are to get something in X/Y, I'd love something with some sort of functionality, instead of some collector's stylus or something like we got for Diamond and Pearl.
Old March 11th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
just a guy
, CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
The PokéWalker was a great bonus item to include with HG/SS, and even though I never used mine (Oops!), the added benefit of being able to level up your Pokémon and catch new ones was a great addition. It definitely added incentive to purchasing the games before.

Which is why I think including something new with X and Y would be a nice touch.

That being said, the 3DS comes with so many features of its own that they could incorporate within the games without adding anything extra on the side. For example, the 3DS has its own pedometer installed, so there would be no need for a new PokéWalker bundle for X and Y.
Old March 11th, 2013 (10:40 AM).
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
The Pokewalker was all right; I really liked using it when HGSS was new, but after a while, I started to prefer my Pikachu GS more. For one, P2GS is in color, has a MUCH longer battery life, and you could give watts to Pikachu to improve its bond with you. Also, if you've walked around with a Pokemon for months, you only gain one level. I know it's to avoid speed-training Pokemon, but because of the cap, I didn't feel like my walking distance had that significant of an effect on improving my Pokemon. On top of that, you had to walk a certain amount in a day to get better Pokemon and items, rather than that stuff being improved by your cumulative total of steps. The Pokewalker was a really cool device; it's just that its potential was noticeably hampered.

Putting the Pokewalker on the 3DS would be ingenious. Not only would it encourage you to carry the 3DS around, but it would encourage others to carry the 3DS around, which means you'd be getting a lot more StreetPasses. It would also solve another issue the Pokewalker had: I bet a lot of you have already forgotten that you could communicate with someone else's Pokewalker and receive gifts from them. That's because 1) you wouldn't find a lot of people with the Pokewalker in public and 2) even if you did, would you really go up to a stranger and ask if they can link with your Pokewalker? Maybe, maybe not. I myself have only gotten to use this feature once. With a 3DS Pokewalker, StreetPass would automatically handle that communication for you, which would make walking around with the 3DS even more rewarding for everybody.

I seriously think GameFreak should develop a 3DS Pokewalker; it would be good for X and Y, and it would be great for the 3DS itself.
Old March 11th, 2013 (12:44 PM).
Booted out - don't be like me!

Meh guys, I don't think it'll happen. It only happened for HG/SS because it came out a decade after G/S, as well as being a remake. HG/SS was a little more unique/special, and that's the reason other games didn't have it - Because it wasn't a remake made 10 years after it's original versions.

That being said, I don't think a Pokéwalker-like design for X/Y is likely. It isn't a remake and so it can't have been made 10 years after it's original versions. It may be unique for being non-sky view, but one day, it won't. Future Pokémon Games would be like this for a while, until they, of course, make changes to the graphics yet again.
Old March 11th, 2013 (01:43 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I think that they can use the 3DS' pedometer for this, perhaps have a DLC that makes the 3DS work like a pedometer, and allows you to catch Pokemon with Dream World ability. There's not much need to make another pedometer when the 3DS already has one.
Old March 12th, 2013 (06:59 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

I don't think we'll get another bonus. Seems like just a gimmick with HG/SS and not really fit for non-remakes. While it'd be great to get an extra I feel like a new region is a gift in itself and that's probably all they'll have...
Old March 12th, 2013 (07:09 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, maybe we won't get another pokewalker, but, I bet we will get an item that can sort of functions with the pokemon games and the 3Ds. Or, you know, it can be a small item. You know, I would like to see a free poster, or a new stylus that comes with each copy of Pokemon X&Y; that'd be cool!

Then again, thinking more about it...

Some 3Ds games come with AR cards, don't they? So, I bet we'll also get AR cards to sort of fool around with the AR function of the 3Ds. Maybe the AR cards, or something else with the X&Y packages can come with some sort of item that you can redeem in-game for a prize?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 19th, 2013 (02:36 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Quote:
Some 3Ds games come with AR cards, don't they? So, I bet we'll also get AR cards to sort of fool around with the AR function of the 3Ds. Maybe the AR cards, or something else with the X&Y packages can come with some sort of item that you can redeem in-game for a prize?
I wouldn't mind if the AR cards contained special legendaries, kind of like how they did with the Genies Therian forms. :3 I kind of doubt they'll give any other legendary alternate forms with these, but it's a nice thought nonetheless. xD;

Old March 19th, 2013 (03:09 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I wouldn't mind if the AR cards contained special legendaries, kind of like how they did with the Genies Therian forms. :3 I kind of doubt they'll give any other legendary alternate forms with these, but it's a nice thought nonetheless. xD;
That's actually one of the few things I would rather they NOT give us. Having access to legendaries right from the start of the game seems rather silly =x Maybe if it wasn't able to be unlocked somehow until you beat the Elite Four or something to prevent the player to use them to plow through the game?
Old March 19th, 2013 (03:32 PM).
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
I've always been a fan of the Pokewalker. I loved its practicality, plus had a tamagotchi-esque feel. I personally would like one for X/Y, but that's very unlikely.

Quote originally posted by Blue Emerald:
The Pokewalker was all right; I really liked using it when HGSS was new, but after a while, I started to prefer my Pikachu GS more. For one, P2GS is in color, has a MUCH longer battery life, and you could give watts to Pikachu to improve its bond with you. Also, if you've walked around with a Pokemon for months, you only gain one level. I know it's to avoid speed-training Pokemon, but because of the cap, I didn't feel like my walking distance had that significant of an effect on improving my Pokemon. On top of that, you had to walk a certain amount in a day to get better Pokemon and items, rather than that stuff being improved by your cumulative total of steps. The Pokewalker was a really cool device; it's just that its potential was noticeably hampered.

Putting the Pokewalker on the 3DS would be ingenious. Not only would it encourage you to carry the 3DS around, but it would encourage others to carry the 3DS around, which means you'd be getting a lot more StreetPasses. It would also solve another issue the Pokewalker had: I bet a lot of you have already forgotten that you could communicate with someone else's Pokewalker and receive gifts from them. That's because 1) you wouldn't find a lot of people with the Pokewalker in public and 2) even if you did, would you really go up to a stranger and ask if they can link with your Pokewalker? Maybe, maybe not. I myself have only gotten to use this feature once. With a 3DS Pokewalker, StreetPass would automatically handle that communication for you, which would make walking around with the 3DS even more rewarding for everybody.

I seriously think GameFreak should develop a 3DS Pokewalker; it would be good for X and Y, and it would be great for the 3DS itself.
This is such a great idea. That'd be totally awesome, especially at public events/launches. *applauds*
Though, the only conflict would be owners of XLs who wouldn't necessarily want to carry the device around everywhere.
Old March 20th, 2013 (09:09 PM).
Jason

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to LoveSnoopy
Am I the only one that actually enjoyed their Pokewalker? Haha, I remember every morning when I used to migrate my Blastoise or Dragonite from my SoulSilver, onto my Pokewalker and take them with me to school. It made me feel closer to them <3
Old March 20th, 2013 (09:32 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by LoveSnoopy:
Am I the only one that actually enjoyed their Pokewalker? Haha, I remember every morning when I used to migrate my Blastoise or Dragonite from my SoulSilver, onto my Pokewalker and take them with me to school. It made me feel closer to them <3
Sooo you'd totally not want it to return? ;) Yeah the point of feeling closer to Pokemon actually is a relevant one, since they said it'd strengthen bonds more than before, so I think something along those lines is actually more possible than if the thing about bonds wasn't mentioned.
Old March 21st, 2013 (02:26 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Well we certainly won't be getting a PokéWalker as it'd be pretty redundant with the 3DS's pedometer feature. Anyway I doubt will get anything extra with the games. They don't need something extra in order for these games to sell.
Old March 21st, 2013 (03:53 AM).

Nature: Bold
I wouldn't mind having a pokewalker on X&Y. It would give me a reason to go outside...or not LOL.

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Old March 21st, 2013 (04:30 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

I'm thinking like...what if we got some piece of Pokemon jewelry instead? It sounds pretty silly at first, but I think it would be pretty cool. When you think about it, the 3DS is very multi-purpose, so it'd be hard to think of some electronic inclusion to have in the games that the 3DS does not already have built into it (and if not, would become DLC later on, perhaps).

Old March 21st, 2013 (05:20 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I'm thinking like...what if we got some piece of Pokemon jewelry instead? It sounds pretty silly at first, but I think it would be pretty cool. When you think about it, the 3DS is very multi-purpose, so it'd be hard to think of some electronic inclusion to have in the games that the 3DS does not already have built into it (and if not, would become DLC later on, perhaps).
That'd work for 10-year-olds, but not for me. I think they'd want something that'd appeal/apply to the whole audience?
Old March 21st, 2013 (06:22 PM).
the transformation HAS begun
Moderator, CS

Nature: Naughty
I totally want a PokeWalker, though I think it'd be more advanced this time around. The old one showed the in-game sprites of the Pokemon, but X and Y seem to have large in-battle sprites rather than somewhat smaller icons that we've seen in all of the past games to date. That means the technology in the new 'PokeWalker' would have to be much more hi-tech than the 8-bit-esque system we experienced before. I would love to see it come back, though!
Old March 21st, 2013 (07:38 PM).
Jason

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to LoveSnoopy
Quote originally posted by Forever:
Sooo you'd totally not want it to return? Yeah the point of feeling closer to Pokemon actually is a relevant one, since they said it'd strengthen bonds more than before, so I think something along those lines is actually more possible than if the thing about bonds wasn't mentioned.
Of course I'd want them to return! Tbh, out of all of the bonuses included with the past Pokemon games, I'd have to say that the Pokewalker is the best of them all.
Old March 28th, 2013 (01:59 PM).

I LOVED the pokewalker, it was much more causal than "hey let's kick the crap outta eachother's pokemon!" Or "Show me your mudkips." You could pass people and have a little adventure, not just the same cut and dry. I do like the above idea of having a pedometer on the 3DS to make things a little more in-depth, but another topic I'd like to touch on, is yeah, HG/SS were remakes, but so were FR/LG... I wonder why they introduced something just to take it away from us by not bringing it into the newer generations. By that logic, why would they have given it to us at all?

I don't care how they bring it back, I would love to see it again.
Old March 31st, 2013 (08:09 PM).
Unburden Belly Drum
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
There is a possibility, but I actually don't see it happening.

With StreetPass functions, you can basically have a PokéWalker built into your own game! Just pick a Pokémon to send over to people you pass by via StreetPass, and let the built-in pedometer of the 3DS count how far you've walked. It could be a separate piece of software, similar to PokéRadar, but I think it would be even easier if it was just built into the game itself. Fire Emblem: Awakening does a similar thing with StreetPass teams, so I don't see why Pokémon can't do the same without making it a separate thing.
Old March 31st, 2013 (08:48 PM).

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Magykx:
I've always been a fan of the Pokewalker. I loved its practicality, plus had a tamagotchi-esque feel. I personally would like one for X/Y, but that's very unlikely.

This is such a great idea. That'd be totally awesome, especially at public events/launches. *applauds*
Though, the only conflict would be owners of XLs who wouldn't necessarily want to carry the device around everywhere.
I have an XL and it's no more difficult to carry around than a regular 3DS, the only difference is that it doesn't fit in my 'preferred gaming pocket' in my purse. That doesn't make it impossible to carry though, lol.

I fully support this though, I carry my 3DS XL around with me everywhere already so it just gives me all the more reason to! They already have this function with Nintendogs + cats, where you can select an option to go on a walk with the puppy, close your 3DS and it'll count your steps in-game, it'd be so cool if they implement it into Pokemon somehow.
Old April 1st, 2013 (02:21 AM).

Nature: Timid
I would love to see the 3DS pedometer feature in use for X and Y I have had the 3DS since launch and despite taking it almost everywhere I havent had many street passes and as someone has said it would encourage it, It would also be cool to adapt stree pass, to possibly tranfer Pokedex data for version exclusive pokemon, friend codes, battle record etc. It would be a fun twist on the 3DS features, there is a lot to work with and I hope the features are used at thier best for X and Y

Music Is The Escape
Old April 3rd, 2013 (02:55 PM).
Swadloon Trainer
Silver Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I thought the pokewalker was pretty cool. I doubt we'll ever see it again or anything like it though. =/ I'd be happy with a stylus though.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old April 10th, 2013 (08:32 AM).
Pokémusician (H4XH4X0R)

Nature: Relaxed
The Pokéwalker was a great bit of kit bundled with HG/SS, though I don't think it will be coming back. My main hope is that Nintendo utilise the features of the 3DS beyond 3D, and I hope they take advantage of technology such as the pedometer and StreetPass.

<-- Ferry to Hoenn
<-- Hype train
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)