The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2013, 07:19 AM
PublicSeaLion
Unhatched Egg

Fusions.....I just don't even
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

How pathetic criminals are. I mean, grab yourself a Pokemon, and start burning stuff, destroying, taking hostages, etc. How the heck are they so sorry?

Old March 28th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Two things.

1. Ok, like the post above, why are the criminals so pathetic. Ok, they lose a Pokemon battle, TO A TEN YEAR OLD! They obviously have the advantage of strength here, so don't let him pass just because he won! WTH!?

2. Just the fact that Pokemon eat each other and may have been eaten by humans at one time is enough for me.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
There are so many things that are half explained, or not even explained at all in the Pokemon world, which means plenty of opportunities for 'WTF' moments. One prime example is just how weak these evil teams are. You'd think they would hire some Trainers who don't lose to children. Or the whole thing about how some Pokedex entries say Pokemon eat other Pokemon but we never see any Pokemon eating Pokemon. Or maybe some really obvious stuff like how Kangaskhan is hatched and it already has a little baby Kangaskhan. Which apparently never grows up to have its own little Kangaskhan child. The list can go on and on. Maybe the people at GF can just sit down and try to explain all these plot holes.

Tl;dr, No-one has ever seen a Pokemon lay an egg, WTF.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
What the hell.

In the anime, it talks about how you should be kind to your Pokemon and treat them in a good and safe way.

Battling for gym badges just so you can go and hurt the Pokemon more in a league seems a bit mean to the poor things.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

The more I think about it, the concept of Pokemon doesn't make sense itself lol.

Old March 28th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

The fact that even the mammals lay eggs, I mean I understand why they have it that way for a kids program, but c'mon talk about teaching kids incorrect ideas.
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrjo View Post
The more I think about it, the concept of Pokemon doesn't make sense itself lol.
I agree with wholeheartedness.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 29th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticX View Post
ok...You may chose to believe this or not but i will say it anyway...

There have been 5 villainous teams throughout the whole game series...
Team Galactic, Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma and Team Plasma.
Everything is ok till here but if you look close enough at each of their emblems and even at the start of each of their names you see this.

Galactic
Rocket
Aqua
Magma
Plasma

The word "Gramps" is formed..."Gramps" is how Blue addresses to Prof. Oak in
Gen I + Gen IV remakes...
So...is Oak secretly pulling the strings behind every single one of the villainous teams on every game? Is he the supreme villain? Believe it or not, once you've read this you won't forget it...
This blew my mind away.

If X and Y's evil organization start with a S... now then will be a truly WTH moment.

Except that there isn't much that makes me go "what the hell?" I guess haha. Maybe one would be how Ash hasn't died yet after a zillion volts of electricity Pikachu has electrocuted him with, or really any other thing that Ash has suffered with, I mean seriously? Or the fact that Pokemon has a move called PERISH SONG. That move just gives me chills.
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:07 PM
R.F.
totally human

Nature: Calm
Electric Pokemon cannot hurt, or paralyze, ground type Pokemon, but ground type Pokemon can be paralyzed by the ability static. I mean, what?

And yeah, rats lay eggs, dodrio uses it's head as propellers to fly (or how are they able to fly?) and zangoose cannot cut anything xD
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:21 PM
PokemonTrainerC.White
Booted out - don't be like me!

Pokemon that flee when you put them to sleep. How are they moving? How does one flee? do Pokemon sleepwalk/trun? I think it's a weird concept. Since i used hypnosis, and the thing flees. I expect ed it to just stay. Sigh. It happened in Platinum or Diamond.
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:05 AM
.::Shivam::.
A big Unova fan

The thing that made me go WTH is that a Wailord can breed with Skitty. And what Oak says in Fire red.Prof. Oak: "This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you both were babies. ...Erm, what was his name now?" seriously, he don't even remember his own grandson's name. How the hack he can remember all those Pokemon he have?
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
The fact that gym leaders at the beginning are such a low level... what if you start at the other end of the world? You'd be competing with 8th gym and then getting easier. I know this makes complete sense - it's a game. But still it's something I always think about.

That you can't catch Pokemon when they faint. Where have they went to???????

Old March 31st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
definitely zangoose being unable to learn cut and diglett can learn slash and fury swipes. XD
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
How someone like Tobias can have not one but TWO legendary Pokemon and then goes to completely dominate the entire Sinnoh Pokemon League with them.

Seriously, that's just not fair.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 4th, 2013, 08:48 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

When pikachu beats legendaries but loses to a snivy fresh out the lab or how did jiggly puff always knew where ash was also team magma not containing fire types and team aqua not having water types
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
There was that one doctor in BW2 that said "I'll battle even if I can't find a pulse!" I don't understand how that could have EVER gotten into a kid's game, it's just such a strange line and couldn't really mean anything else other than "I'll battle even if the Pokemon's dead." I have no idea what they were thinking when this was put in there.

Also lots of Ghost Pokemon's Pokedex entries... Pokemon is really morbid, is it?

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old April 4th, 2013, 09:43 PM
mimimahboul
More than Awesome

Nature: Jolly
I can't believe that ice is not super effective on water,like it obvious,ice freezes water cold!
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Foxrally
Torterra = Epic Private Island

Nature: Naive
Castform's eh... "Weather balls".

Pairs - -
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:12 AM
ShadowLugia111
Unhatched Egg

A frozen Typhlosion...... That makes no sense WHATSOEVER.
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Killalao
Sureal killer of darkness

why most of the NPC trainers in B2 W2 never fully evolve their pokemon
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autaven View Post
The fact that gym leaders at the beginning are such a low level... what if you start at the other end of the world? You'd be competing with 8th gym and then getting easier. I know this makes complete sense - it's a game. But still it's something I always think about.

That you can't catch Pokemon when they faint. Where have they went to???????
My guess would be that Gym Leaders use Levels based on the Challenger's experience. A trainer with no badges would fight the weak(er) team, a trainer with seven/eight badges would fight a leader at full strength. In the Jotho series, you fight the Kanto leaders at a much higher level than you did in the Kanto series. So I deem it plausible.

WTH moments, huh?
Mostly type dis/advantages that I don't expect. Or how Hugh's Serperior can OHKO a Cryogonal with Leaf Blade. I'm vaguely thinking that if it were my Serperior, that wouldn't be the case. >_>

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Dunpsarce makes very little evolutionary sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
In Japanese they're not called double! Doubleslap is "Round-trip slap" in Japanese, so blame the translators. All the other ones I think are actually things that hit twice, so there's that.
Strange case with Double Kick: the animation per hit used to be one kick, resulting in two hits. Now it's some preposterous quad kick.

Last edited by Cassino; April 10th, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
The things trainers say when you talk to them.

Like the kid in one of sports arenas that says, "These aren't pants! They are half shorts!"

I am just like wtf O_o
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I don't get how in the anime, Pokemon attack humans and their techniques are extremely dangerous i.e. Gust, Thunder.

Yet, Gust is mediocre in the games, and you don't ever hear about trainers dying from battling Pokemon because of some freak incident with a Charizard's Flamethrower. People die in r/l from wild animal encounters. It doesn't make sense that some big Dragon Pokemon isn't going around munching on humans.

Also, Pokemon is basically Dog Fighting in kiddy form. You're sicking animals against each other to win money and fame.

Seriously?

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links