The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:29 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Well, the confusion alilment doesn't make too much sence. "Did he say flamethrower or punch myself in the face?"

Also. the fact that Wailord can breed with Skitty and Seedot. Charizard can breed with Magikarp. What?

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:25 PM
SevilitheArcanine

Nature: Adamant
Why is is that every time anyone looks at you you are required to brutally murder their pets?

You: Well, hello there! Nice wea-
Trainer: Stop right there! We must battle!

Like, what?
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:59 AM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSilver10112 View Post
Also. the fact that Wailord can breed with Skitty and Seedot. Charizard can breed with Magikarp. What?
Lol really?

And another thing I have thought of is that you can walk into anyone's house in the middle of the night and they don't react at all. In real life, they would freak out and throw you out.
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:28 PM
JohSketch
Tech Geek

Nature: Quiet
The thing that made me go "What the hell" was the fact that people in Pokemon will wait the rest of their lives just sitting in the middle of a route just so they can battle ONE person.

Games: Emerald, Red, Diamond, Pearl, Black 2, Heartgold, Black, White, Blue, Ranger, Battle Stadium

Friend Codes:
- Black 2 (3955-7580-0267)
- Pearl (0045-4325-5523)
- Pearl Alternate (0344-5617-0642)

I have alternate friend codes because I have cheated/imported saves on them. I highly suggest not trying to trade with me using the alternate friend codes.

Pokemon Black 2 Team:

Links:
Introductory Post
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:01 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
How did nobody in Kanto realize that Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Jynx, Magmar, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Snorlax, and Electabuzz have pre-evolutions?
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:44 PM
lmcde22

Something that made me go WTH was the fact that your bird-pokemon can't fly until you get the HM. Especially when their in-game sprite is flying (like Wingull). Weird.
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Magnetic
Underground Trainer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohSketch View Post
The thing that made me go "What the hell" was the fact that people in Pokemon will wait the rest of their lives just sitting in the middle of a route just so they can battle ONE person.
LOL, love this. So true when you step back and think about it.
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:54 AM
DarkEmeraldRarity
Love-Crazy and Music Mad

Nature: Relaxed
What the HELL is ev training XDDDDD
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
it makes me say "what the hell" when I read the pokedex and it says stuff like "the tiny turtle pokemon" or "the Mud fish pokemon" I mean what the hell are those things, what's a turtle? what's a mud fish? I don't think any of those things exist in the pokemon world.

Another thing that makes me question things are the machine-like pokemon, I mean did they get the idea of Magnets, and Gears from Magnemite and Klink?

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:41 AM
tealwing
Genie

Nature: Impish
"Doduo used Fly!" Enough said.

But really, some Pokemon have the strangest ability to learn certain HMs even if they don't look like they can use it.
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
The communication always bugged me. I mean how the heck does a wild Pikachu know wtf a Thundershock is? They obviously can't speak engly. I think the trainers should be barking orders like "Pika pi Pikachu!" That way pokemon can understand them.
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Why is Chatot harder to catch than Reshiram and Zekrom? It makes a lot of sense doesn't it, having a cute little parrot Pokemon be harder to catch than a freaking dragon that created Unova. Plus, it's catch rate is also the same as Dialga and Palkia, so you have the same chance of catching that note-headed parrot as a giant horse that controls time and a giant prawn that controls dimensions.
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Ckbruin

Nature: Quirky
Fire-types (especially the Charmander evo line, Cyndaquil evo line, and Chimchar evo line - all with external fire in some way) can't learn Flash but Grass (i.e. Bulbasaur evo line, Treecko evo line...) and Dark types (Spiritomb can learn Flash, no joke) can do so in the games. It recently came to my attention because Destinedjagold addressed it in his Skyline hack.

Don't even get me started on how wrong the anime can be (anime physics lol). There is an entire "WHY?!" moments list for that.
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:49 AM
H0tB3ans
What is Sylveon?~

Nature: Jolly
1. Why does Ash never age?
2. How come your character is always a young boy/girl/teenager, wynaut (see what I did there?) an elderly man, called Samuelis.
3. What happened to the father of your character?

What is this Pokémon's type?
Only she knows, and it'll stay that way for a long time.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:10 PM
lmcde22

The Elite 4 don't have competitive battle strategies? WTH? And if the "strongest trainers" in the region have Lv 40 - 60 Pokemon, you know that they've been neglecting their training.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:57 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Oh god, so many things.....

For starters, Doduo and Dodrio being able to magically fly. Oh, that has been mentioned. Well...whenever you beat the regional Champions, they always just stick around without your permission. Kind of defeats the point to me. I just figure that they are voted in, and have terms that they carry out.

Last edited by Powerserge; May 22nd, 2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
xNeonVulpyx
PokeMaster Vulpy <3

Nature: Lonely
In the dub, where they call riceballs "donuts". I was only young when I saw it, and I was like "They don't look like donuts" XD They're obviously holding riceballs, but I didn't even know what riceballs were back then.

The Lavender Town segment in FireRed freaked me out a bit. A tower full of Pokemon graves and possessed trainers? Creeeeeeepy!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:38 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Whenever Jesse and James come up with some new ridiculous contraption, usually I say "what the hell".

Wonder Trade!!!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

There are some NPCs on stranded islands who don't have Pokemon that know Fly, Surf, or Teleport.

Also when you beat other trainers, they don't blackout/whiteout and run to the nearest Pokecenter, but you do.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcde22 View Post
Something that made me go WTH was the fact that your bird-pokemon can't fly until you get the HM. Especially when their in-game sprite is flying (like Wingull). Weird.
I think it's fairly reasonable, considering the battle move is to attack by flying, and the HM use involves training the Pokémon to fly with the trainer on its back. Considering it has to carry your character everywhere it goes kind of makes it reasonable.

What I don't get, though, is how Pokémon like Spearow can learn Fly, but others like Scyther can't. I'm pretty sure Spearow is small enough that it'd be flattened if you tried to ride it anywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0tB3ans View Post
What happened to the father of your character?
Hello Hoenn! But, yeah, apart from Norman being in R/S/E, it's pretty much a mystery. I kind of liked the more rounded feel of the Hoenn games because of it.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:50 AM
LadyNyx

I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but Tauros can learn Surf. A bull can learn Surf. And, since there seem to be no actual animals in Pokemon, how do they know what they are? And what do the people eat? The things that they battle alongside?

Seriously. WHAT. THE. HELL.

~Nyx
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:00 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNyx View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but Tauros can learn Surf. A bull can learn Surf. And, since there seem to be no actual animals in Pokemon, how do they know what they are? And what do the people eat? The things that they battle alongside?

Seriously. WHAT. THE. HELL.

~Nyx
I've seriously wondered about that too. In the early anime, they did talk about there being real animals, but as the anime and games continued, mentions of real animals in the Pokemon world have almost stopped completely. But the thing is, like you said, how could they have species names that correspond to real animals if those animals don't actually exist? Leads me to believe that perhaps in the ancient past or something, animals as we know them may have existed there, and that somehow Pokemon became the dominant form of non-human life. It really is so strange.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:22 AM
Marisa
stardust reverie
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
This.

also this explains the whole surfing giant monster thing:
Spoiler:
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:04 AM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Brock's beef stew. .... Where does he get the beef?
In my mind, I've decided they have a non-meat substance they call beef.

Also, the move Attract always saddened me a bit. The implication being that, because it won't work on either sex, Pokemon can only be heterosexual and are unable to feel attracted to the same sex.
In my mind, I've decided it's only for the sake of that move, and Pokemon can still be attracted to the same sex.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Da_Man32
Togepi

"BATTLE!"

"I'm sorry, but I've already battled like twenty trainers and a million Zubats. I'm out of healing items and my pokemon are paralysed, poisoned and burned. Is it possible that you could wait until I visit a Pokemon Center and then we can- no? Right now? OK then."

Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but Tauros can learn Surf. A bull can learn Surf.
Rhydon as well :/
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links