Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old March 11th, 2013 (07:42 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Ah yes, a place I haven't heard in a long time~ The Safari zone...

The Safari Zone was pretty much exactly what it sounds like, in a sense--you go on a wild adventure to catch as many exotic Pokemon as possible with Safari balls as possible---and you have a certain amount of time to do so too! It was a pretty fun adventure, especially if you're into catching Pokemon that are pretty much exclusive to the Safari Zone~!

So what do you guys think? Should the Safari zone be brought back in any way? Any possible changes to the Safari Zone that you would like? Maybe more rare Pokemon, etc?
Old March 11th, 2013 (07:49 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I always loved having a Safari Zone. I thought it was a fun way to catch some of the more rare Pokémon of the games, and left it a little bit up more to chance than battling. Being more careful with the rocks and bait always kept me on edge whenever I was trying to catch something like Chansey in RBY/FRLG or Heracross RSE. So yes, I'd personally love to see it brought back again, I've missed it!
Old March 11th, 2013 (08:40 PM).
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

Yeah they should at least bring SOMETHING like the Safari Zone into X and Y cause I liked how you could catch the pokemon not really found anywhere else or uncommon. And it really helps if there's a certain pkmn that can't be found normally in the wild for your team or to fill up the pokedex! Plus, it keeps you busy for a bit. So yea, I'd like to see something like the Safari Zone back

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old March 11th, 2013 (09:42 PM).
Thingula
How do you change this text?

I love the Safari Zone! I always spent hours in there, just to see what I could find. It was a real disappointment for me to see that it was gone in B/W. I really hope to see it come back, and even better. Things like secret rooms, time-of-day exclusives, and maybe even ways to find first-gen starters would make me really happy.
Old March 12th, 2013 (05:27 AM).
Dark_Illusion
Psychic Trainer

Nature: Calm
The Safari Zone was one of the best parts about Pokemon for me. I always loved going in and trying to find all the different "rarer" pokemon. I really do hope the Safari Zone is brought back and stocked full of rare goodies
Old March 12th, 2013 (11:19 AM).
zoroarkrules25

Yes, i loved the safari zone. It was cool and a great place to get some rare pokemon. It also always housed some of my favorite pokemon.
Old March 12th, 2013 (11:26 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Sure, why not? I've always love going on each safari zones to catch rare and exclusive pokemon to that area, such as Kangaskan. To be honest though, I really wouldn't want the safari zone to be changed in anyway, at least when it comes to Gen I's safari zone. It's just, in my opinion, there's too much needless things to do just to capture one pokemon. Well, sure, maybe that can add to the challenge, but, I'd prefer to have a more wide-scale safari zone, so that you'll have to run around and hunt to find your most cherished and rare pokemon before the time limit runs out.

In addition, I'd like to have the Safari Zone serve more of a purpose, at least when it comes to trying to complete the storyline. I mean, you know how we had to race to a house in Gen I's safari zone, in order to get the Surf HM? I'd like something like that to be put in again.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 12th, 2013 (12:38 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Just to add another question to this (so sorry for hijacking kind of Derk!), would anyone prefer to have something like the RBY/RSE Safari Zone, or the one from HGSS where you can arrange the areas to your liking to catch different Pokémon depending on how you set the locations ahead of time?

I thought it added a whole new dimension for the Safari Zone and it made it way more fun to play around with different location areas. When you finally catch that one Pokémon from getting the areas correct it was such a good feeling!
Old March 13th, 2013 (05:57 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
(Nah, I don't care, really. The more discussions, the better!)

And I'd choose HG/SS, really. HG/SS's method of the Safari Zone was extremely user-friendly, so customizing the area so you could get the Pokemon you wanted kind of just felt like almost a cheat, like GF was sort of spoon-feeding you that, just about.
Old March 14th, 2013 (12:39 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I agree, i love the Safari Zone in general, since you can catch (more rare) Pokemon in a completely different way, which was a lot of fun. Especially rthe HG/SS version was very user-friendly as Twilight Sky has said, so i hope they bring something like that back.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 14th, 2013 (02:05 AM).
Forever
let it go

I'd rather the original safari zones than HG/SS'. It was too small... :( There was no mystery! So if it were based around the original zones I'd actually like to go there (if it is in these games~)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links