Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Part-human, part-Pokémon?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old March 12th, 2013 (03:14 AM). Edited March 12th, 2013 by Forever.
magic / / mystique
Team Unova
Crystal TierEO

Something that we haven't actually tackled in Pokemon is becoming part-human, part-Pokemon. Digimon certainly tackled this pretty well (imo) in the fourth series, while Pokemon hasn't really gotten to the point of making a human into a Pokemon long-term (clarifying that I mean in mainstream games!), other than the Eevee thing relating to Bill breaking a machine. Would you like the chance to become a Pokemon in the games - given that there's this whole DNA theme likely to be going on? How/why do you think this could happen? Would it make the games seem less mainstream? Share yo thoughts!
Old March 12th, 2013 (03:19 AM).
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
They already have Mystery Dungeon for this as far as I'm concerned. I also find the idea rather...stupid? It's a bit unnatural and despite this being a fantasy world I feel it doesn't really fit (despite it happening to Bill in the first games). If they did this I probably won't be buying XY, assuming it's a major feature in the games.
Old March 12th, 2013 (03:31 AM).
just a guy
Team Johto
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by .Aero:
They already have Mystery Dungeon for this as far as I'm concerned. I also find the idea rather...stupid? It's a bit unnatural and despite this being a fantasy world I feel it doesn't really fit (despite it happening to Bill in the first games). If they did this I probably won't be buying XY, assuming it's a major feature in the games.
I agree. It's just not a road GameFreak needs to travel on.

To me, there are certain limits to the idea that the theme of X and Y will be tackling DNA and genetics more deeply. This is one of them.

In Digimon, the creatures there were made of digital coding. Pokémon are supposed to be the equivalent to real world animals (inanimate objects and food included!). So to think of a human fusing with a Pokémon, in other words an animal... it's just weird.
Old March 12th, 2013 (05:21 AM).
dreamme,myWorld
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Going with the above two posts, really. I just don't think GF would ever really go this route, and on paper it would seem like a pretty interesting thing to go for, but ultimately I think it would weird people out too much. ._.;

» my dreamiverse
Old March 12th, 2013 (05:26 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Team Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Same here, I doubt they'll ever make a mix hybrid character or allow the main character to fuse with his/her mons in the main games, it just seems out of place for them. However there is a manga in which a human and Pokemon sort of fuse to give the human armor/a suit with a similar look to the Pokemon.
Old March 12th, 2013 (05:51 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink
Team Hoenn

Nature: Quirky
Wasn't this idea used for Pokemon Reburst? I don't know what's the major reception to that manga other than the sheer hate it received from 4chan. Though apparently, you guys seem to be forgetting about N possibly being a hybrid due to his ability to speak with Pokemon.
Old March 12th, 2013 (07:01 AM).
magic / / mystique
Team Unova
Crystal TierEO

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
Wasn't this idea used for Pokemon Reburst? I don't know what's the major reception to that manga other than the sheer hate it received from 4chan. Though apparently, you guys seem to be forgetting about N possibly being a hybrid due to his ability to speak with Pokemon.
That's not really confirmed, though (in regards to N). He could just be a human :x

I think while it isn't boundary they aren't likely to cross, I think back to things GF did in gen 5 to shake up the formula. Anything is possible - and I think for a point in the games something like this is likely to occur.
Old March 12th, 2013 (07:56 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Team Kalos
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Oh god please no. This would just be an awful gimmick that I don't think Pokémon could execute well at all. We don't need Pokémorphs in the game, especially since they wouldn't really be helpful at all.
Old March 12th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by Forever:
That's not really confirmed, though (in regards to N). He could just be a human :x

I think while it isn't boundary they aren't likely to cross, I think back to things GF did in gen 5 to shake up the formula. Anything is possible - and I think for a point in the games something like this is likely to occur.
Well the theory i have seen is that N is a zoroark. If you read it, it makes a lot of sense. We have seen that the one in lostlorn forest can talk so why couldn't N if he was one? They did also touch this in the manga. POTENTIAL SPOILER: Blaine had his DNA fused with mewtwo by giving him his arm after mewtwo was injured. POTENTIAL SPOILER OVER. So they could do something like this but i don't think they would.
Old March 12th, 2013 (11:49 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers
Team Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
N is a human, through and through, so he's not a good example here, this does bring up an idea though that Pokemon could appear in human form, as we've seen, Zoroark and Zorua, and even Latias (in the movie and manga at least) can appear as humans, so I would enjoy seeing more of that, whilst actual pokemorphs aren't really something GameFreak would include, I would find it pretty cool if say, Xerneas and Yveltal themselves could take on human form, maybe even keep an eye on the protagonist during the story, that's just wishful thinking though.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old March 12th, 2013 (01:34 PM).
The Hard Addiction
Team Unova

Hey... Bio-Hybrid talk on a Pokémon Forum? Seems legit.

Besides, it was originally the Digimon Creator's idea, and if Game Freak use it, the Digimon Creators would notice this and call it copyright, then report Game Freak.

There is Absol-utely (See what I did there?) no need for a Part Human/Part Pokémon. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, as said already, fits it good enough, even though it may not be on the mark.
Old March 12th, 2013 (03:27 PM).
My life would suck without you
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think it is unneeded too. It wouldn't be done well and bring the games down a notch. Controlling your Pokémon directly via minigame would work like in the Pokéathlon, but nothing more.
Old March 12th, 2013 (03:29 PM).
Insert Something Witty Here
Team Hoenn

Nature: Quiet
I'm okay with it just as long as the origins for this hybrid aren't explained very much. My childhood is scarred enough already thank you.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links