The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
They're technically pokemon dollars, but regardless. It makes the pokemon world go 'round. In any case, there are some ways of making quick money in pokemon, but usually, we get pokemon dollars as prize money from trainers. There are other ways to make money, like, selling various items to get quick pokemon dollars too.

Now, here we are in X&Y. For the sake of discussion, I'll make a list of questions to think about, but, you don't have to answer every one!

In any case...
  • How should us trainers make our fortunes this time?
  • Could there be possibly more ways of making money?
  • Speaking of which, how easy do you think it will be to make money in X&Y? Should it be just as easy as Gen V?
  • Do you think that the region in this generation will be financially wealthier than the previous generations?
  • Do you have any other thoughts?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly as long as you're playing through the game normally and not losing TOO much, you never really have money issues. I don't think any generation has made it easier to gain money than the last, but I don't really think the way we make it should change. As far as other ways, as much as I'd like it to stay the same, I guess I could see maybe a profession system, where you take on a job like fisherman, and fish and give the catch to people for money?
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Honestly as long as you're playing through the game normally and not losing TOO much, you never really have money issues.
This has pretty much always held true for each and every single generation. Expect the Victory Road/E4 to be your biggest monetary loss(at least, I would figure), mostly because of Full Restores, Full Heals and the like(at least, I spend a lot of those), but seeing how, especially if you have Amulet Coin/insert item that doubles monetary gain here, and breeze through the E4, you'll end up with just about as much, if not more money that you had before you challenged them.

That being said, yeah, it's not necessarily that difficult to gain money and it's not that difficult to lose it, provide you're spending a lot of money on healing items, but that's honestly something the Pokemon Center along with plenty of grinding can save you from.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I guess I could see maybe a profession system, where you take on a job like fisherman, and fish and give the catch to people for money?
This would be pretty cool, could be a fun way to earn some extra ca$h.
But as has been mentioned before, it's hard to find yourself in any money troubles, especially in Gen5.
I'm pretty sure the new Region will be at least as wealthy as Unova...the trailer showed a pretty nice street with
the Eiffel Tower in the background, which basicallly screams Glamour and Wealth

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
More Pokemon with Payday or a new version of it~ Easy way to make money. I don't really see them giving characters actual jobs due to possible character age and the aspect being frowned upon outside of Japan. So more attacks or items to increase money seems the only likely way to go.
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'm pretty much leaning for the addition of more treasure items (ie nuggets and silver accessories) so that you can sell them for very high prices. Then again, when I think about France, and their love of art, perhaps art can be another way to earn money -- let's say you've helped a painter get inspiration to paint something, or, you, yourself draw something on the touch screen and the little doodle you made can be called "art". Perhaps you can sell that art piece, and get money, depending on how much it's liked?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Forever
let it go

Selling art doesn't really sound that fun. If we had to choose I -would- go with finding treasures to make more money. XD;
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Let's face it, Unova has a flourishing economy which is ironic given the state of the America's economy right now. I don't know if this new region will be as economically wealthy, but I do find the idea of selling art intriguing. With the way Miss Doronjo explained it, it would add a bit of extra hands on activity within the games and earn us money too. I would say that's a win/win in my opinion.
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I never go all out to get the maximum amount of cash the game has to offer, I get my money from winning battles, selling items occasional and just generally progressing through the game. I've never really had many issues with money problems, maybe at the start of the game when I need to buy more Pokeballs but aside from that, trainer battles fuel enough money into the game alone imo.

Old March 15th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I thought that Gen V was a bit too wealthy compared to the other generations, especially when you pack an Amulet Coin along with the fact that you can battle the trainers at the Nimbasa City Stadiums every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
As far as other ways, as much as I'd like it to stay the same, I guess I could see maybe a profession system, where you take on a job like fisherman, and fish and give the catch to people for money?
That's not a bad idea for a "mini-mission", but I've thought of another idea for making money which is a little similar.

Imagine that there's a poke-ornament shop, and that there's a manager who would like the trainer to give different ornaments out of a certain Pokemon to several members of the public. When the trainer completes each role, the manager offers him/her some prize money or another kind of reward. I hope that makes sense.
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:06 PM
The_CGC

Nature: Bold
Heres how to make a fourtine:
Battle the elite 4 over and over.
And get free XP to :D.

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_CGC View Post
Heres how to make a fourtine:
Battle the elite 4 over and over.
And get free XP to :D.
If that's the only method then I'm totally okay with that. It was a great way to make money and that's the only way I wouldn't mind because at least children will learn to balance their money better lmao.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here