Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Welcome to the Haunted Mansion~!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old March 12th, 2013 (08:38 AM). Edited March 12th, 2013 by flight.
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet

seems like you're shaking in your boots. I wonder why...

In any case, we've seen multiple scary places throughout the generations. Pokemon Tower was a prominent one in FR/LG, and then in IV there was The Lost Tower(as well as the Old Chateau), and in V, the Celestial Tower. No matter how you put it, these places can be pretty damn spooky, and heck, even I hesitate sometimes to play through these things at night(yes I know it's just a game, but still!).

My question to you all is: What do you all want to see in this generation's spooky landmark, and what are your expectations of it? Perhaps it should actually have you, as the protagonist, getting actively spooked as well as interacting with the Ghost Pokemon in some way? Or perhaps interacting with the Pokemon that have passed~?

» my dreamiverse
Old March 12th, 2013 (08:43 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
As far as a spooky place goes, I love having an entire island (Mt. Pyre) dedicated for this. Although it wasn't exactly spooky, it fit the criteria of having a graveyard and was inhabited by Ghost-typed Pokémon. I'd love to actually have part of it revolve around being scary, instead of just relying on the atmosphere to try to freak us out. Maybe with the 3D graphics they'd be able to incorporate something with Ghost Pokémon creeping up on us?
Old March 12th, 2013 (09:02 AM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
Give me the French Catacombs and I'll give you all my money Gamefreak. If ever there was a time to introduce an extremely maze like dungeon it is now. I hate the graveyard tower theme, although Mount Pyre is an exceptionally awesome exception to the rule, and I really want to see something fresh, like the catacombs.

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old March 12th, 2013 (10:01 AM).
Super ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Adamant
An actual dilapidated cemetery or a mausoleum would be the most creepy I think. And with 3D graphics now, Gamefreak could make it look pretty cool I think. :D
Old March 12th, 2013 (05:27 PM).
Follow no false light.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
I'd absolutely love to see either an actual cemetary or a catacomb. Those would be pretty amazing, especially the catacomb. What I'd also love to see is if there was a haunted ship, with part of it above water and part of it underneath water. It could have frillish and carvanha swimming around the bottom maybe? I could see a haunted ship being pretty cool, even if it would be similar to the Abandoned Ship, but if they had a bunch of creepy effects it could stand out on its own!

What I want most of all from the scary place is if something was following us, like a shadow would run across the screen or something and things crashed behind us. I don't really know, just something close to actually spooky would be cool :P
Old March 13th, 2013 (12:58 PM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
A cemetery would be awesome! The one thing I actually really care about is the interaction with the Pokemon that have passed. Of course, it doesn't have to be a major thing, I guess it would be interesting to know what exactly caused them to pass, and know their story. It'd create a different element to the story, I think, that death is an actual real thing that happens to Pokemon, and it'll tell you their journey with their past trainers and things of that nature.

But yeah, I'd definitely love something like this back~! And I'd love something like the Abandoned Ship, too~! I'm thinking of something Wind Waker-esque, where you would have to get some sort of special map in order to find the ship, and you would get to explore it, and all sorts of creepy stuff would happen. xD

» my dreamiverse
Old March 13th, 2013 (01:41 PM).
How do you change this text?

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
But yeah, I'd definitely love something like this back~! And I'd love something like the Abandoned Ship, too~! I'm thinking of something Wind Waker-esque, where you would have to get some sort of special map in order to find the ship, and you would get to explore it, and all sorts of creepy stuff would happen. xD
As long as it isn't Mystery Gift...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)