The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The Wide World of Pokémon > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page Pokemon types for Satoshi
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Daily Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read


Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old March 14th, 2013 (7:17 AM).
Valtor Valtor is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Hey guys

I love Pokemon. I have been watching this anime since I was 5 years old or so.. so it is 14 years back ..

I always loved Ghost and Fighting types. I was so sad when Ash didn't get haunter and when he let primape go.. but w.e



So.. I would like to ask you guys.. do you think that Ash will ever get to own GHOST type ? It would be so amazing to see him having gengar or some other ghost pokemon
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old March 14th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
Musique's Avatar
Musique Musique is online now
Écouter de la musique.
Crystal TierEO
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Milaturia.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 2,884
Send a message via Skype™ to Musique
Actually, Haunter technically counts as Ash "owning" a Ghost type. Even though it wasn't official he did own it for a little while, but if you're referring to the future here then I can't see him getting one. I just don't think Ash is the type to get a Ghost Pokemon.
__________________
Tumblr Twitter my pair Satoshi is gay Be brave, be beautiful, be you. Current theme. #TeamLitten
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old March 15th, 2013 (3:30 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,150
Yuki's right, Haunter is counted and captured Pokemon... similar to egg Larvitar...
In future... only if any ghost Pokemon will become mascot of some generation...
Ghost types are almost never mainstream so adding them to Satoshi's party isn't in writers' mind probably...
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old March 23rd, 2013 (1:49 AM).
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 38,028
I know Ash may have trained a Ghost-type (Haunter) but as for actually catching a Ghost-type? I don't think Ghost-types suit Ash, but then again he also hasn't caught any Steel or Psychic-type Pokemon yet either.

Maybe the writers think certain types suit Ash more than others, which is probably why he hasn't caught any of those three types above.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old March 25th, 2013 (7:35 PM).
Volnutt's Avatar
Volnutt Volnutt is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtor View Post
Hey guys

I love Pokemon. I have been watching this anime since I was 5 years old or so.. so it is 14 years back ..

I always loved Ghost and Fighting types. I was so sad when Ash didn't get haunter and when he let primape go.. but w.e



So.. I would like to ask you guys.. do you think that Ash will ever get to own GHOST type ? It would be so amazing to see him having gengar or some other ghost pokemon
If it gives you any solace Ash has two fighting types in his Unova rotation.

To answer the question yes I feel he will at some point. It will just be a matter of time as with many things. So at some point I feel we will definitely see him with every type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki's Sword View Post
Actually, Haunter technically counts as Ash "owning" a Ghost type. Even though it wasn't official he did own it for a little while, but if you're referring to the future here then I can't see him getting one. I just don't think Ash is the type to get a Ghost Pokemon.
I dunno if I would officially(as you said) consider him "owning" Haunter. Seems more like Haunter just agreed to travel with him to face Sabrina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Yuki's right, Haunter is counted and captured Pokemon... similar to egg Larvitar...
In future... only if any ghost Pokemon will become mascot of some generation...
Ghost types are almost never mainstream so adding them to Satoshi's party isn't in writers' mind probably...
But they were never captured or at least on screen. So does that really define ownership, because it seems more so that he befriended them. He never actually used Haunter in battle as it just made Sabrina laugh thus earning him a Marsh badge. So Ash is going to capture Giratina lol.

I don't see how Ghosts are any less mainstream than any other type. Maybe you are thinking this because they have the fewest amount of pokemon based on typing. I'd say Gengar is pretty main stream considering he was in the opening of RBGY facing Nidorino. Then there has been reoccurring characters and rivals having ghost types, heck Trip even had two ghost types.

Too me I don't think all of his pokemon have been mainstream its just a matter of opinion really. I mean how mainstream is Torkoal? Or any other pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I know Ash may have trained a Ghost-type (Haunter) but as for actually catching a Ghost-type? I don't think Ghost-types suit Ash, but then again he also hasn't caught any Steel or Psychic-type Pokemon yet either.

Maybe the writers think certain types suit Ash more than others, which is probably why he hasn't caught any of those three types above.
The thing is we can all say they don't suit him but until we have the opportunity to see it first hand how do we know? People may have not thought Dark types suited Ash, but has now has two in this current generation alone. He also didn't have a Rock till this generation either. This farther seems to reiterate my point as that this is all a matter of time.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.

Acknowledgements
Use of PokéCommunity Assets
vB Optimise by DragonByte Technologies Ltd © 2016.