The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:59 PM
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish
What part of music do you enjoy the most?

I enjoy heavy beats personally.

could you ····ing not
·
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Heartouch
Count the stars between us

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
I enjoy the soothing part of the music, and the upbeat one as well.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:28 PM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Fast beats and catchy lyrics. From power metal to pop.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Katalyst
SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB

A well-written, creative, flowing instrumental showcasing the whole band's skills - not just the same repetitive beat+synthetizer even I could play for 5 songs straight. Good lyrics about stuff that does matter, not the same rice about partying and relationship ****.

And that's about it.
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams,
It's Heaven and Hell!"

"And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls,
It's Heaven and Hell!"
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:29 PM
pikachu4249
Unhatched Egg

I like inspirational and sad music like some of Pokemon's music. The one's that are extremely inspirationally sad are we will meet again from lucario and the mystery of mew, You and me and Pokemon from the Pokemon Heroes Soundtrack, and I'll always remember you from Pokemon the rise of Darkrai. You should look them up on YouTube, but some have other versions or different songs with the same name so don't get confused.
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Soile
Eevee Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Unique vocals (not necessarily good vocals, everyone can sing nowadays), lyrics that aren't shallow, and usually just this element of the tune I can't necessarily describe, but does hold a pattern in my music taste.
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Darkhaven3
Jackass

Nature: Relaxed

Music is a form of art that I love because it has a tendency to surprise me. It's like, "holy god, how the hell are you doing that? That polyrhythm is incredible," or "Now that's a sick rhythm section made entirely out of quintuplets in 4/4".
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
Lyrical and rhythmic, often syncopated rhythms of music is what truly embodies it. There's not much more to it, because all music is different and it's unfair to attempt to single out one or two things as what fully composes music as a whole, and I'm not too sure there is a composite answer.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Silversnk

I enjoy a lot of genres of music, but most of the time I'm changing my tastes. I could spend a week listening Reggae, the next one dubstep, the next one heavy metal, the next one classical music, and so on.
I'm not really sure what's the part of the music I like the most, but it has to be the feeling of the song, and by that I mean, if it's a sad song it's supposed to have sad lyrics and slow high notes (not a rule, just stereotyping). The notes used on a song it's as important as the frecuency. I don't know why, but old songs have that strange cautivating sound, and I'm aware that those songs aren't in 440Hz, so that could be one of the reasons why.

I think that the things I focus the most on when listening to music are sincopated rythms and unexpected notes, like the E major in Behind Blue Eyes, it's unusual but feels right with the song. Even the backing vocals of a song could be the niche of it.
There's every song for every moment, you just have to look for it and develop some kind of relationship with that music at that moment, so whenever you're having the same feelings again, you reach a state of pleasure just by listening to that music.

When you know the musical modes, you can improvise on almost everything, making odd notes sound coherent with the backing. Take a look at my current favorite guitarist:

My deviantART:
~Sirveru-kun
Please forgive my horrible english as it's not my primary language.
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:25 AM
Esper

I like music that changes. I don't have the music background to describe what I mean very well, but when you've got a song and you can pretty much guess when the chorus part comes in and everything else you have a typical, unchanging song. They aren't bad, but I like music that doesn't do that so much. Like it will be going along, and then in the middle of the song it gets all high and dramatic rather than at the end of the song like you'd expect. Same with the instruments changing up in the middle of the song. It's just nice to hear music that surprises you and still sounds good.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Struggler

Good acoustic solos through parts of the songs, Green Day's "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" being an epic example
Old March 23rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Brizz
TM87

Nature: Modest
For the most part I like lyrics but also enjoy a hot beat. Certain instrumentals, particularly keyboard I also thoroughly enjoy.
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

I'm a sucker for songs that heavily feature pianos, as well as songs that build as they go on. Pianos because I spent a large portion of my childhood learning and playing one, so I've become accustomed to their sound, which I love. Whether it's Chopin or Billy Joel or Elton John, I'm more inclined to forgive songs with pianos in them, whatever their other shortcomings. Songs that build is just an intensely personal one that I can't really describe. All of my favourite songs have this element to them, whether it be 'When the Levee Breaks' by Led Zeppelin or 'Think' by Aretha Franklin. If it has a piano AND it builds? Well, that's just a one-way ticket to my musical love, right there!
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:27 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ 82.

I'm really starting to like electronic music lately. Trance, EDM, dubstep and house. I feel they can convey movement a lot more tangibly than traditional forms of music and I appreciate that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links