The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:25 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Pokémon R/S/E gave us routes that were naturally affected by weather. These weather conditions include a sandstorm that was present in the desert and rain on the routes near Fortree City. The version mascots also had to do with weather, and altered the weather when they were awoken. It also introduced Castform, which changed with the weather. Hail was also introduced in this generation. So which was your favourite weather condition? Did you like having weather affect entire routes? Would you like to see intense sunlight/hail affect some routes too? Did you like Castform's abilities?

Discuss

So tiny~
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:08 AM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

Nature: Quiet
I don't think I have a favorite weather condition since they all bring good and bad stuffs. I do like how sunny it gets when Groudon wakes up. (Makes me kinda jealous that I have to be with the snow here) Also when Kyogre woke up, they have rain and thunder all over the place

As for Castform, that little thing looks so cute and it's amusing watching him transform into his difference weather forms. When I was young, I always went against wild random encounters so I can see how his forms would look like
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

Nature: Bold
I think it would have been cool to have the desert switch between sandstorm and intense sunlight and maybe have hail over by Shoal Cave. I did like the weather, but I wish it had changed more. Like some routes not having such constant rain at least because rain irritates me. And like I said with maybe not having sandstorms in the desert all the time.

Castform is adorable, though I never really used it because I didn't ever learn how. I think its weather-changing features would have been more useful had there been more double battles to use it in. I think. idk I only ever left it in my PC. :x

My favourite weather condition entirely depends on what Pokémon I have on my team. Ground? Sandstorm. Ice? Hail. Water? Rain- actually no rain always pisses me off nevermind. It's so tedious and does pretty much nothing.
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
Hail is meh to me. I thought it was a neat introduction, but we're almost in gen VI and we still have yet for GameFreak to give us good usage of it.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the field weather in this game. I wish there were sunny areas though, instead of just in Ruby/Emerald when the sun is intense. There are rainy areas during the non-Kyogre induced parts of the game, so why not sun?

Castform is a neat Pokemon, but a bit too gimmicky imo. I wish they had given it better stats, as well as a Sandstorm form. I think it would have found a better niche in competitive had that been done.

If anything, Drizzle and Drought should have been signs of things to come, if you know what I mean...

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Nature: Quirky
I did enjoy the field weather effects in the game, although there wasn't as much sun it was still neat and it's also a great factor in competitive teams these days, with Water-types and Fire-types taking good advantage of the rain and sun respectively.

Castform was an interesting Pokemon to use that took advantage of the weather but it should have gotten better stats or a sandstorm form or something. It is still very cute nonetheless and I liked trying it out briefly in my Ruby playthrough.
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old March 21st, 2013, 06:07 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I liked having places where it rained almost all the time. It felt very natural. And permanent sandstorm in the desert also felt right too. I guess I liked rain the best, because of 100% accurate Thunders. I thought Castform was something fun to use, especially with Weather Ball. I think intense sun would have been cool to have somewhere.

Sponsored Links