The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Aight, let's go back to the classics and watch Foul Weather Friends! It involves weather research and Hoppip in Johto. That's about it. Discussion of this one will happen from August 26 - September 1!

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I really loved this one, mainly cause we are seeing a Pokemon we never really see in the anime plus Hoppip is a really adorable 'mon. I also really didn't see the point of TR's plan this ep. It obviously wasn't one of their best schemes.

pairs!
wac!

Old August 27th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

the hoppip scale makes no sense is2g. or maybe i just don't understand wind. but like what if the hoppip are on the edge of a much larger breeze but only one gets picked up because the force where they are is weak. or they're slightly sheltered by a fence/rock/house. or some get stuck so the results are skewed. this system is not accurate in the slightest oh my god this woman has no idea what she is doing

& meowth being so calm about announcing a tornado & ridiculously peppy BGM during the hoppip rescue ahaha

but yeah hoppip are super cute

Quote:
Sammyskitty: but what about when the hoppip evolve
Sammyskitty: oddish will be left out :(
eternallyanna: maybe they wont
eternallyanna: or oddish will just evolve too
OzzyCake: then they should be put down
eternallyanna: OH MY GOD OZZY
OzzyCake: I would just grind up an Everstone into their food
OzzyCake: Hoppip is too cute to waste

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old August 27th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Well, if you look at the way the area was, it looked pretty controlled. It was pretty flat without any obstructions, except the rock that was shown and even still it looked like it was on the edge of the area. It looked to me like she knew what she was doing. And the house was prob out of the way of the direction the wind was blowing, and even if it wasn't it still looks like there is enough space for a semi-accurate reading.

Spoiler:

but omg yea the bgm was so unfitting

pairs!
wac!

Old August 27th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

Nature: Relaxed
It took me a while of watching "Unfair Weather Friends" to realize I was watching the wrong episode...

I liked the episode. Considering that Wobbuffet wasn't owned by Team Rocket yet, I was ok with the episode not having enough Wobbuffet. LOL at Oddish when it was painted pink, I can't believe the gang didn't recognize it. Also, how did Mariah know that those Hoppip were hers? For all we know, they could've been snagging other peoples' Hoppip after the tornado...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
& meowth being so calm about announcing a tornado & ridiculously peppy BGM during the hoppip rescue ahaha
Haha, I found the BGM to be ridiculously random. Meowth was cracking me up this episode, probably to make up for the lack of Wobbuffet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyskitty View Post
I also really didn't see the point of TR's plan this ep. It obviously wasn't one of their best schemes.
Hm, I found Meowth's plan to be quite clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowth
If we keep them Hoppip overhead, we won't have any overhead!
Old August 27th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

But wind blows all directions. Like storms usually move vaguely west to east, but wind is ****ing everywhere.
i actually really hate wind it is my least favourite weather phenomenon

ahaha i didn't realize there was such a similarly titled ep out there. kind of want to watch it now
Quote:
Also, how did Mariah know that those Hoppip were hers? For all we know, they could've been snagging other peoples' Hoppip after the tornado...
true. or maybe most others in the area are sensible and don't leave their hoppip out during storms

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

Quote:
or maybe most others in the area are sensible and don't leave their hoppip out during storms
Don't forget, the tornado ripped Mariah's house to shreds

And I want to suggest next week's episode: A Better Pill to Swallow S4 E13
I found this episode to be hilarious and it can also be watched from Pokémon's official website this week and next week. It involves Shuckle, our favorite Pokémon

http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/pokemon-episodes/
Old August 27th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Quote:
But wind blows all directions. Like storms usually move vaguely west to east, but wind is ****ing everywhere.
i actually really hate wind it is my least favourite weather phenomenon
There were still three directions open (I'm assuming the Hoppip "pen" is a square). And like I said earlier, there looks to be enough space between the house and pen for the wind to sweep through.

As for the Hoppip, maybe they were tagged? haha

pairs!
wac!

Old August 27th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

True. But, you know... basements and storm shelters...
ACTUALLY
The weather in PokéWolrd is rlly questionable like is this not the only tornado we see throughout Johto? Or like ever? They're like halfway between Violet and Azalea and I don't rlly think that's tornado country. And that house seems p flimsy tbh. More like a cabin. Built of Lincoln Logs or something.

bottom line marian's a crazy and modern johto architects should be fined

and sure let's get some shuckle up in here

edit TAGGED LIKE CATTLE

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old September 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

right okay whoops forgot a week in the midst of job transitioning WELP

We're gonna watch A Better Pill To Swallow! from Sept 9 - 22. It's mid-Johto and has Shuckle. :D Check out the Streaming Thread for planned stream times.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old September 14th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Wee finally watched this one. It's great to see one that has ol' Shuckie in it and probably the first I've seen that has a shiny in it.

Also nice to see them take a break from seriousness and have a "funny" episode. Seriously I couldn't stop laughing after TR drunk the juice and especially when Jesse was being attacked by all the Shuckles.

Also jeebus that Bellsprout is fast.

pairs!
wac!

Old September 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

"A Better Pill To Swallow" or "Shiny Shuckle's Aphrodisiac"? Because WOW watching that as an adult---

Was an amazing episode. Extremely entertaining and wow. I really want a gif of Shuckle licking their lips around Team Rocket lmao.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old September 14th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Ask and you shall recieve bby~
Fresh from the hands of Dev~

pairs!
wac!

Old September 14th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

I thought this episode was going to be a really boring filler when I first watched it a few weeks ago. But nope, it took an unexpected twist lol. This is definitely one of the funniest episodes that I've ever watched. When a Shuckle would stick its tongue out at Jessie, I lol'd every time at her reaction xD

So much romance in this episode

I found a gif from this episode while searching for a good gif for my signature, so I'll edit this post and add the gif when I get home.

MIAU beat me to it :(

Last edited by Wobbu; September 14th, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old September 14th, 2013, 11:50 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I actually started watching the anime starting from episode 1 a while ago, and I've slowly made my way into the Johto seasons. Turns out, I actually watched this episode and the next couple of episodes last week-end, so this is a weird coincidence, hehe.

So on to the episode, it was hilarious! What's with Spooky (?), are Bellsprout supposed to be that speedy? And was that a shiny Shuckle? I googled it and it's blue, huh.

Anyway, so much love in this episode, hehe.
Old September 14th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

eeeeee gifs

I like that the consensus is that this episode was the best thing. Because it was. And the Bellsprout was named Spoopy and I can not get over that because tumblr. Like there's really not much to say about this episode beyond how that is entertainment.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed this episode as much as I did :3

They may not be licking anyone, but at least these gifs are relevant...
Spoiler:

Click on the gif for their sources

~Everyday I'm Shucklin'
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

i love all the gifs that came out of this lmao

but now it's time to move on! From Sept 16 to 22 our episode is I Feel Skitty! (three guesses as to who chose that one)

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

aaaaaahhhh skitty omg so cute

like seriously this episode is so cute. From Torchic running down the hill to Skitty running in circles on the couch and playing omg i can't handle it

Also I really liked the Meowth/Skitty love interest even though i'm pretty sure Skitty just used Attract. And the way Skitty was caught hnnnngh
like seriously that is the best way to catch a pokemon :3
okay i'm sorry i couldn't resist

pairs!
wac!

Old September 21st, 2013, 02:35 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Aah this entire episode was super-adorable ♥

Skitty chasing her tail on the couch reminded me of this kitty I saw once chasing its tail on a bar stool, poor thing got dizzy and fell off

Back to the episode, I really liked Meowth in this one, helping Skitty run away from TR so she won't be unhappy with them, instead of keeping her with them so he can be around her. Now that's love, hehe.

And it seems like Skitty's gonna be a troublemaker, letting herself out of her Poke Ball. Plus, the way she got captured was so funny, reminded me of the way Misty's Psyduck was caught.

ETA: Oh oh, and Skitty playing cat and mouse with Pikachu! Get it, cat and mouse, 'cause Skitty's a kitty and Pikachu's a ... Okay, okay, I'll let myself out now

Last edited by MIAU; September 21st, 2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:23 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

no yeah everything was super cute and Skitty is definitely just a kitten and Meowth getting her away was adorable and aaaa mildly uncontrollable Pokémon (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

And we'll move from hyperactive cute to incredibly sad... Once There Were Greenfields, Sept 23 - 29. Will be included in tomorrow's 10pm Central livestream.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:28 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Aw man, I always cry at farewell episodes, they're always so sad

And it's also nice to see TR's good side, and see their Pokemon get some character development, though it's too bad this time it was right before saying goodbye. It's funny 'cause I didn't even know James's Cacnea -- and didn't really care about Cacnea in general, and it was the same case with Jessie's Dustox, but it was still very emotional.

It was kind of spoiler-y to watch this episode now, but on the other hand, I'm really looking forward to catch up, because this episode was really good, so I can't wait to meet all the new characters and Pokemon. I'm halfway through Johto League Champions, so it's a long way to go
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

ughhh this episode gave me a bunch of sads. ;__; I didn't watch much of Hoenn or Sinnoh but just seeing James so broken when he decides to give Cacnea to Gardenia is just heartbreaking I feel like crying just posting this. I really liked the episode though since it really is nice seeing the other sides of Team Rocket other than the side that wants to steal Pokemon to give to the boss.
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I love love love Cacnea and I adore James and what I really really want to say about this episode is that if you do not think Carter Cathcart is a good James than you are very very wrong. His voice acting was absolutely wonderful in this. And I love Rocket development because honestly those three really are part of the main cast and are great characters with a great friendship and really deserve some focus time.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here