Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Watch-Along Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old October 31st, 2013 (01:11 PM). Edited October 31st, 2013 by Aquacorde.
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Nature: Bold
The thing about Maiden's Peak is how insane it is tbh. I mean, Kanto was pretty crazy in general, but here we have an inexplicably talking Pokemon transforming into random thibgs that arent supposed to be things in this world and two different people every uear for no reason really. Imma go ahead and say the dub script was pretty damn great. A thing that always sticks out for me though is how terrified James gets when he knows what's happening omg. And Jessie's way of rescuing her bff <3

Conway in Ghoul Daze though- wasn't he hypnotized from like the minute he met up with the kid? Or am I misremembering?

But Litwick Mansion is def the best. Still think some of the urgency and spookiness is lost in the dub (and MamoMiya's amazing shriek of terror certainly was) but it's still great and creepy and like... those ghosties aren't nice. They do not want to keep a legend alive or find some sort of peace. They want to straight up murder you after they feed off your soul. How great is that!

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Harper ♦ Sorley ♦ Bree ♦ Adrienne ♦ Shi Bao
Old October 31st, 2013 (11:42 PM).
ffet

Nature: Relaxed
So, while looking for a partner, Conway sees this girl come out of a bush and doesn't find anything suspicious. My guess is that he was hypnotized right when he first saw her. Later on during the ghost trail thing, the girl walks off of a cliff and tries to fool Conway into doing the same thing (I really don't know why she wanted to kill him). What's weird is that after Conway was saved by Dusknoir, he was suddenly aware of everything that just happened and was like, "Dusknoir why u kill her?" even though Dusknoir had absolutely nothing to do with it and the girl was still not suspicious to Conway. Then everyone finds out about what happened and not a single person found this girl suspicious. There were like 20 people at the academy so everyone probably knew each other.
Old November 1st, 2013 (05:47 AM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

I think it was ten people per group and three? groups so yeah like 30 people they all should know whats up lmao. Although I could see Conway p much ignoring the rest of his team unless he has to. As far as I can tell he saw the ghost, assumed it was a kid, partnered with her, and then after that point from his view he doesn't have any idea what happened. So it's kind of reasonable for him to assume a ghost (usually bad) did something terrible to his partner (who wasnt there anymore). Although he was def jumping to conclusions, he was totally scrambled right there. Not usual for conway tbh.

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old November 1st, 2013 (08:28 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Really great choices for this week, I have some of these a watch today since I had the day off

Just Waiting on a Friend - Loved how Brock was so oblivious to everything going on, and Ash and Misty trying to bring some sense into him once they discovered that something was off, hehe. Poor Ninetales waiting for her master for 200 years, it was actually quite emotional and I was glad that her Poke Ball broke so she could be free. The Poke Ball was pretty though.

Ghoul Daze - What exactly was going on, was it like a Trainer summer camp or something?

Rowan: You will learn how to approach Ghost Pokemon.

Aaaand they were sent out in the woods at night. I've heard of hands-on learning, but that was kind of ridiculous. I think I was way too much out of context to fully enjoy the episode, I mean, I had no idea who the characters were and what they were doing there; I did like the episode though, and that we got to see so many Ghost-type Pokemon.

Scare at the Litwick Mansion - I remember this one, and thought I'd watch it again because it was really fun. Those mischievous Litwick, hehe. Or more like evil, feeding of life force and taking people to the Ghost world

Oh, and this may seem like a little thing, but I really liked how when the four Litwick were attacking Pikachu, Axew, Yamask and Meowth, three of them used Shadow Ball, while the fourth used Energy Ball (?) on Meowth. A tiny detail, but it was a nice touch. Coincidentally, my boyfriend sat down and watched with me around that time, and went "hey, why does that one use a differently colored ball?"

< Trick or Treat! >
Old November 2nd, 2013 (12:01 AM).
ffet

Quote originally posted by MIAU:
Ghoul Daze - What exactly was going on, was it like a Trainer summer camp or something?

Rowan: You will learn how to approach Ghost Pokemon.

Aaaand they were sent out in the woods at night. I've heard of hands-on learning, but that was kind of ridiculous. I think I was way too much out of context to fully enjoy the episode, I mean, I had no idea who the characters were and what they were doing there; I did like the episode though, and that we got to see so many Ghost-type Pokemon.
I think it was like a summer school for Trainers. Iirc the narrator said that Ash and co. had spent five days at the school prior to the events of Ghoul Daze, so that's probably when the other characters were introduced. But I'm glad that you brought up the hands-on learning thing. I was thinking that they were going to observe how to properly handle ghosts during specific situations, like what to do when a ghost is using Will-O-Wisp, or how to sense where a ghost moves when they become invisible. Instead the Trainers are set loose in the woods, safely located right by a massive cliff, at night, with no help... Did I mention that there was also a secret portal to the Ghost World? You know, the plane of the nonliving?
Old November 2nd, 2013 (07:46 PM).
Be a role model
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
This is a very cool club! I'd love to participate in it as much as I can! :D

Trick or Treat!

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Old November 3rd, 2013 (08:04 PM).
ffet

Dropping by to suggest next week's episode: AG079 Pearls are a Spoink’s Best Friend

Ash and co. try to help a Spoink find its missing pearl, but TR interferes. It's a filler but some humorous events take place. The Magikarp Salesman also makes an appearance.

Anyone else in on this?
Old November 3rd, 2013 (08:19 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Sure we can do that! Let's just make it official now (because rlly how many of you are going to be talking about last week in the next 12 hrs).

So this week (Nov 4 - Nov 10) will be Pearls Are a Spoink's Best Friend! I'll be streaming it and some other eps on Tuesday night. :3

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old November 6th, 2013 (05:45 PM). Edited November 6th, 2013 by Wobbu.
ffet

What I liked about Pearls Are a Spoink's Best Friend was how difficult it was for Spoink to get its pearl back. The Magikarp Salesman made this episode really enjoyable when he fooled TR into buying a Feebas that turned out to be a Magikarp with paint on it. I liked how Spoink was confusing its pearl for other things, like an Electrode and a psychic's crystal ball. Seeing the Magikarp Salesman's family was really funny because everyone inherited his face xD

EDIT: Turns out this episode has a sequel: Clamperl of Wisdom
Old November 6th, 2013 (10:47 PM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote originally posted by jsziede:
What I liked about Pearls Are a Spoink's Best Friend was how difficult it was for Spoink to get its pearl back. The Magikarp Salesman made this episode really enjoyable when he fooled TR into buying a Feebas that turned out to be a Magikarp with paint on it. I liked how Spoink was confusing its pearl for other things, like an Electrode and a psychic's crystal ball. Seeing the Magikarp Salesman's family was really funny because everyone inherited his face xD

EDIT: Turns out this episode has a sequel: Clamperl of Wisdom
Haha, and I liked Jessie's smooth idea shift from beautiful Milotic to strong Gyarados. It's the kind of thinking I'd appreciate more from TR. It also shows how you can be a cruel genius to an extent, too. I feel the Magikarp seller must have seen many cities because he should have been constantly shifting places to ensure... no return customers.
Old November 7th, 2013 (11:34 PM).
ffet

Quote originally posted by ★Hoenn★:
Haha, and I liked Jessie's smooth idea shift from beautiful Milotic to strong Gyarados. It's the kind of thinking I'd appreciate more from TR. It also shows how you can be a cruel genius to an extent, too. I feel the Magikarp seller must have seen many cities because he should have been constantly shifting places to ensure... no return customers.
Brock said something about how that salesman should be good at running away lol. What's funny about your returning customer statement is that TR is foolish enough to fall for the same thing over and over again each series. They even get tricked again a few episodes after this one, in Fortree City xD (except the consequences are permanent this time).
Old November 11th, 2013 (07:11 AM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

We may as well do Clamperl of Wisdom this week! Remember, PC is going to be down for a few days starting tomorrow. But I'm still going to stream tomorrow night of course!

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old November 14th, 2013 (03:24 AM).
ffet

What I like about this episode is that it was a sequel to a humorous filler. I wonder how Spoink ended up in the middle of the ocean? Was it looking for the shiny pearl? I loved when Torkoal jumped into the ocean and sank like a rock, and Max said "I didn't know that Torkoal knew how to swim." This episode had many funny parts, actually. Like when TR tried to steal the blue pearl and Spoink shows up out of nowhere and casually takes it from them, and the part when Jessie tried to pry open Clamperl xD
Old November 14th, 2013 (07:12 AM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Yeah it was def a filler of comedy gold. And they did it much better than its prequel- I kept getting put off by all the scene jumps/cuts in the last one.

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old November 18th, 2013 (05:06 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Okay, new episode day! Let's get out of AG for a while, even though it's lovely. I want to go back to an OS two-parter: Riddle Me This & Volcanic Panic! Yep, seventh gym of Kanto, because Blaine is great. Yes, we will be covering both episodes this week. I mean really it's only 40 minutes and they go hand-in-hand ofc. So! Nov 18-24! Let's do it!

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old November 24th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
ffet

This is my favorite arc of the Kanto Gyms. Blaine's volcanic Gym is really cool and the fact that you're almost forced to use Fire types makes the battles more strategic. Blaine's disguise isn't fooling anyone (except the twerps of course). It's funny how Misty was the only one who could figure out the riddles. That battle between Charizard and Magmar on top of the volcano is one of my favorite battle scenes from OS. The setting is perfect for an intense battle and we get to witness some good strategy. 'Dat Seismic Toss :3
Old November 25th, 2013 (06:26 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Due to the fact that I'm a mess and didn't stream this week, I'm going to extend the Blaine eps till Dec 1. Sorry for being totally off-schedule. ;;

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old December 3rd, 2013 (03:27 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Aaaah Blaine is the best gym leader in Kanto is2g. He's funny and quirky but pretty down to earth when need be and powerful as heck. I love these episodes mostly for him tbh because I don't really care about Charizard that much oooops.

Anyway this week let's just pull some Sinnoh out of nowhere with Lost Leader Strategy! It's got Maylene and Paul and Reggie and it's lovely tbh <3

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old December 8th, 2013 (08:19 PM). Edited December 8th, 2013 by Wobbu.
ffet

My body is Reggie.

I like how Dawn did her own thing without help from others and that she gave Maylene good advice. That's something that I wish happened more from Ash's female companions. I didn't know that Paul had a brother! That caught me off gaurd. Speaking of Paul, I disliked the way that he talked to Maylene/anyone actually. I miss the days of Ash having friendly rivals. The way that Ash used Pikachu during his battle with Reggie showed how powerful Pikachu can be. You can tell that they were in it to win it.

Suggestion for next week: Clefairy Tales

this has been chilling in the first post for months lmao, so everyone should vote this episode :P
Old December 8th, 2013 (09:19 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

I'll have to badger Necrum to come back for that then haha. He mentioned it like right before becoming busy or something, that's why it's just been chillin'.

Apparently Paul was a lot more antagonistic in the dub of this than the original, but I can't comment from personal observance. Regardless, he's very rude. :( I really really like Reggie tho. And the pan across his badge sets is like "you think he's just a stay-at-home bro? hahaha yeah ok this dude is basically You The Player"

....now that i've said that, Reggie is totally representative of You The Player. Collected all the badges and now just raises Pokémon.

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old December 8th, 2013 (10:13 PM).
ffet

Being Paul's big bro, I'm not surprised that Reggie's earned so many badges (although I'm surprised of the personality difference). At first I was thinking that Ash would lose fo sho, but then I remembered that Ash has a load of badges and one symbol (he probably has more but don't spoil me D: my next episode is Pasta La Vista) so the battle would be fair. I've noticed that Ash can drum up a really good strategy when he's not under pressure and if he really wants to win.
Old December 10th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Aah, I took a break from the anime, but I did watch Lost Leader Strategy. On Friday actually, but RL happened, so...

Just wanted to chime in to say, that I was really impressed with the episode, I actually watched the next one with Dawn and Maylene's battle too. I don't like Paul, not one bit, I've seen the first few episodes of the DP saga a couple of years ago, and he's really rude and inconsiderate, and we got to see it first hand in the way he talked to Maylene after their match. It makes Reggie even more lovely though, they're polar opposites when it comes to their personalities. And way to go Reggie, at first I thought he was just raising Pokemon at home, living the easy life, but nope, he must have done his fair share of traveling to get all those badges, right? And the battle was good too, yup.
Old December 30th, 2013 (09:57 PM).
☼ Editor-in-Chief ☼

Reggie's like a proper grown-up through, and a first child. He's a lot more independent and has had much more learning time than Paul and seems to have pretty much found where his true strength lies and his place in the world. idk I really like Reggie lmao

I was impressed with this ep and the next as well, cause like... Maylene's a kid, and she's scared and got emotionally hurt and feels like she has to be great but feels like she's so not good enough and can't figure out how to fix it and ah. It's a realistic struggle.

also shhh nothing happened
like literally nothing happened because im a lazy **** sometimes and also holidays

AG145! Pasta La Vista! I have no idea what it's about but whatever let's do it. By the way I totally just scrolled to a random ep on the list and didnt notice you had mentioned it lmfao

AuriaDúlraHeiwaSaannYōko
Old January 2nd, 2014 (06:06 AM).
ffet

Great episode choice because it gave me a reason to listen to Unbeatable :3

I love the title because it's a double entendre; the pun on hasta la vista and referencing that it's the goodbye of the 4Kids dub. Before I first watched Pasta La Vista, I set high expectations due to it being a season finale and the end of the 4Kids dub. I was disappointed after watching it, however. It turned out to be a plain filler with nothing significant happening.

Focusing on the actual episode, I like how Ash and Max were pulled into cleaning the dojo. I definitely agree with Terri, a battle was no way to decide the fate of the dojo and noodle shop. What confuses me is why it took Terri so long to figure out that she could run the dojo...

Quote originally posted by Meowth:
Noodles? But I don't know nothin' about linguistics.
xD xD xD

Fun Fact:
Quote originally posted by Bulbapedia:
Maddie Blaustein revealed that Meowth says "Team Rocket's Blaustein off again!" as Team Rocket is blasting off. One has to listen very closely to hear this.
Old January 5th, 2014 (08:22 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

I pretty much expected a battle between Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, and that Terri would have a Hitmontop. I was glad there were indeed other Fighting-types at the dojo.

I thought that Kyle wanting to be noodle chef because he wanted to cook noodles just like his father was a cute touch, and the fact that Master Hamm's dream was to have a noodle cart himself to travel the world was funny. I doubt he'll get too far with that back of his

But we got to see love-struck and heart-broken Brock! I swear that never gets old

And it's kinda hard to make out that she's saying "Blaustein" like Wobbu mentioned, it is definitely there, but unless you're actually listening for it, I don't think many would notice.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)