The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:28 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
How many times have you replayed DPPt? Compared to other games, is the number more or less?

Discuss!
Old March 23rd, 2013, 01:09 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Played Diamond 3 times technically. I first got it for Christmas in 2008 and played it the first time. Then while on vacation in Atlanta in 2010 I lost my copy of Diamond in the hotel. I only got 7 badges and never had a chance to beat Volkner or the E4. Then for Christmas 2011, I bought I new copy with my gift money. I messed around on the last guy's file, then transferred his Pokes to my White and HeartGold , and reset the game and started a new one. Though I wasn't satisfied with the new game I had so I restarted again. Now I'm currently playing through my third time around and I hope to actually beat the game this time. :D

Platinum I honestly didn't have until last Christmas (2012) when I bought I used copy with the money I got as a gift. I'm still kind of messing around with the last person's save so I still haven't played it myself in a way yet. So once I get a few more Pokemon (spefically Heatran) and then transfer their Pokemon to my other games, I'll restart the game and finally play Platinum personally for the first time.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old March 23rd, 2013, 01:30 AM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I replay Diamond/Pearl/Platinum a lot, especially Platinum. I love the story and the expanded Pokedex in Platinum, and it's one of the few games I love to always replay.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old March 23rd, 2013, 01:39 AM
Aslan
the pretender

I've replayed Platinum five times and completed it three. I remember deleting and replaying since I hated my previous team, made silly mistakes or just in general forgot what I was even doing. I'd be standing somewhere, usually a cave or a building, walk outside into a city that chimes a bell in my head but forget what I was even doing there. Yeah I'm a pretty forgetful person when it comes to remembering storylines and plots. XD;

On my first go of Platinum back in 2009, I remember teaching my starter two HM moves and grabbing all the Pokemon in sight even ones like Bidoof and Kricketot. I didn't know any better, I was unfamiliar with the franchise at the time and tested things out, my first playthrough of Platinum was sort of like a scientific experiment, to see what was good to use on a team and what was an absolute no no. I think I actually somehow managed to beat Cynthia, probably with the help of Giratina but afterwards the postgame was too difficult for my 8 year old self and I restarted.

Fast forward one year, I'm playing yet again with a three man team. Empoleon, Rapidash and Luxray. I seemed to have forgotten all of my Pokemon knowledege and did similar to the thing before although I did remember to pick up a HM slave instead of using my team. Although the usage of three Pokemon was really hard for me, I ended up beating the game with a highly overlevelled team and restarted yet again because I was bored of that save file.

Fastforward another year I actually played Platinum with a full team of Pokemon, I was completely happy with. I beat the game fairly easily and even attempted to catch them all, I had a 100 or so to go before my Pokedex was complete. I did everything I could possibly do, get all the Pokemon I could possibly get and there was nothing else to do except spend all day long beating up trainers in the Battle Frontier, so I just left my game card on the desk for a while.

The fourth time, my sister didn't want her Platinum so I claimed it and started yet another save file for a challenge. I ended up getting to around the second gym but getting bored and finding it difficult to manage time with playing the game, so I ended up quitting that.

Fast forward to now I'm playing for the fifth time and currently doing well so far. I've enjoyed playing through the beginning and hopefully I'll finish, I'm now around the first gym. So yeah that was a recount of all the times I've replayed Platinum from when I first got the game to now.

no matter what happens
i wont give in
Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:18 AM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Nature: Timid
I know I've played Platinum fully twice, and I'm on my third run currently. Diamond I've played once, because it's the same file from April 22, 2007 (US release date, if you didn't know!). Pearl, however, I lost count of. That's how I used to know the games so well, because I constantly replayed it lmao. Started my first challenge here using Pearl, so as much as I hate DP, I do owe it that credit. Platinum wasn't even around. Neither was the Challenge forum. YEAH. It was that long ago.

I would say it's less than RSE, BW, and FRLG, but probably even with HGSS (Johto part only).

paired to crono
Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:22 AM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

Anytime I want to play a gen IV game over, it's platinum. I guess maybe 7 times now.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I Have not restarted or replay any of the shinnoh games.
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
I'm on my third run of Diamond, but that's nothing. I'm on my 8th run of an advanced generation game. Sapphire to be specific.

(Let me explain, I was given the game played it through, decided I wanted a Blaziken for Diamond, played again, let a friend start, he gave it back, I played it again, and now I'm on another run after a few more restarts due to friends.)

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I really wasn't a big fan of Platinum, so I never bothered playing it more than the initial run through. That might actually be an incentive to get me to play it again, though, as most of my other games I won't even bother restarting if I really enjoyed them.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: BUG // ROCK
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Google2.0
Alone through the night

Nature: Serious
Pokemon diamond 3 times and pokemon platinum 4 times.
Old March 30th, 2013, 02:42 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I beat DP a couple times (once my own game, the other a friend's version when he lent it to me to beat it for him... his loss!) and Platinum twice (one a rom, and one the actual copy).

This isn't really out of the norm for me over the last few gens though. Different to GSC though of which I played more times, not including HGSS!

Old April 4th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I've played through DPPt less than any other generation, my Pearl version save file is the orignal from April 2007 (it's six years old... x_x) and I've only played through Platinum maybe three times. I've played through SoulSilver three or four, too. For the other generations, I've restarted them all at least like five times XD

I want to restart Pearl but that file is so old I'm a little hesitant to.
Old April 4th, 2013, 07:34 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I replayed Diamond around four times; the first three with the three starters and the fourth with Piplup again.

Old April 4th, 2013, 07:47 AM
ohmissmiu
Unhatched Egg

I had a copy of Pearl, which is what I played, and a friend's copy of Diamond which they did not want anymore. I replayed Diamond about 3 times over to get the Master Ball so I could easily catch any legendary pokemon in my Pearl, eg. Giratina.

Looking back this was pretty pointless because the legendaries are not actually that hard to catch - you just need a lot of Ultra Balls, and a lot of patience.

I could never actually replay the games once I had completed them though - I have about 400 or 500 + hours of gameplay on Pearl and White 2, with a complete pokedex on White 2 so restarting the game would be like sticking a knife into my eye - painful and traumatic.
Old April 9th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
To be honest, I never got passed the Dewford Gym (Is that the fifth badge?). DPPt was terribly boring for me :\ I didn't find the "evil" team to be engaging whatsoever, thus the storyline fell flat. Also, a lot of the Pokemon designs were less than satisfactory imo. The same happened in the R/S/E era. I've replayed R/B/Y, G/S/C, and HGSS many times, but DPPt and R/S/E just fell flat for me. Like, "used their face to facepalm the floor" flat.

It's really too bad.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 9th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Lugia's Shadow
Guardian of the Sea

Nature: Timid
If I count Platinum and Diamond both, probably 5 times. I tried to replay the games with each of the starters, and adding changes to my Pokemon (e.g. one time I'd use Shinx, the next time I'd catch a Pikachu at the mansion).
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Now I start my Platinum Journey 20 time... I have special Polish Translated version of Platinum and Allways like when I am in Distored World... Personally I think is DISTORED WORLD is the world which Cyrus want to make by Dialga and Palkai. (Also I like Platinum becouse I can get quickly GIRATINA)
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:25 AM
stp
ShootThePuck

Maybe 4 or 5 times? I lost Pearl, so I got Diamond, and then I got Platinum when that came out. After a few playthroughs, though, playing through the story just got incredibly boring and I could barely get past the first gym. It just seems so... slow paced, I guess. The story just seems to drag on and on. There aren't too great of Pokemon selections, either.

Old April 10th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
I do not agree with you... Sinnoh have great story... That same like a music.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old April 10th, 2013, 12:41 PM
stp
ShootThePuck

I feel like it just made you run around everywhere and there's always something you have to do before you get a Gym Badge.

I also never really liked the Distortion World. I play Pokemon to catch Pokemon, not to solve 20 puzzles. :/

Old April 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Skalla
Drama Queen

I play through Diamond every once in a while, or when I just get bored. The only reason I keep returning to it is probably slight nostalgia for it but it could be something else.

[/CENTER][/COLOR]
Is currently playing:
Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101
Pokemon Y

Old April 13th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Hydro Pumper
Water Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
Hmmm I have replayed by Diamond and Pearl versions twice each, and Platinum three times (I own two versions of Platinum :P).

Diamond is my primary game for Generation IV which carries all my event Pokemon and other Pokemon which i consider valuable. It is also home to my Pokemon Battle Revolution team passes. :D I use Pearl for breeding predominantly, as all my boxes are pretty much filled with eggs. Now I Have two versions of Platinum because I use one copy for the Battle Frontier, and also again for Pokemon Battle Revolution, whilst the second copy is for me to use for challenges and replays at my discretion. :3

Personally I was wrapped in the Generation IV plot! I was heavily engaged within the storyline and found it difficult to put down, unlike any other version thus far. I enjoyed the depth and level of detail in Generation IV. Though this may just be because I had a long break from Pokemon after Generation III. XD

I'm thinking about restarting Platinum again with a NFE team just for fun, and because it's been a while since I've previously played through DPP. :')

Just keep swimming~!
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Aurora
please help to bang crunch

Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
I've completed three separate playthroughs of Diamond, and haven't picked it up since finishing the last one. I guess it's run its course.

My first playthrough started from when I got Diamond in 2007. I was a mere eight years old, and selected Piplup as my starter. This one's one of the most complete and in-depth playthroughs of any Pokemon game I have ever played: I managed, through some extraordinary determination, to get Piplup (by then Empoleon) to Level 100 (I've never gotten another Pokemon to Level 100) and obtained more than half of the Pokedex (no small feat for an 8-9 year old with no Internet access). I would periodically return to this playthrough until late-2011, when my save file corrupted owing to me failing to take the cartridge out of my pocket when my clothes were getting washed.

My second playthrough began in around December 2011 and ended around June 2012. I started out with Infernape, did a "speed" run through the game, barely ever even attempted to grind, and when I felt I had done enough, I transferred everything to my Black save file and erased my data.

My third playthrough was short and sweet; it started in September 2012 and ended in the same month. Once again, I ran through the game very quickly, trying to be as deviant in what I caught as I could from my last two playthroughs (this time, I started out with Turtwig), and as soon I had beaten the Elite Four, I transferred everything again, erased my data and put Diamond away in a comfortable place. I haven't touched it since.

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:30 PM
Enestor27

I would've played diamond a lot more if it wasn't for the very slow battling damage calculations. However, I remember starting platinum about 10 times but only winning the E4 only 3 times, mostly because of nuzlocke failures and wanting to do a race to the E4. Or doing a new challenge like I'm doing on my channel (shameless plug-in, I'm sorry )
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Only two times, playing one as Dawn and other as Lucas in Platinum. I played Diamond only once, didnt feel like replaying it but it was sure enjoyable when I first got it <3 Gen 4 ftw.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here