The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What do you think we will see?
A 3rd Game (Like Emerald) 22 66.67%
Squeal (Like Black II and White II) 11 33.33%
No Other Gen 6 games. 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:27 PM
ɯɐǝq ɹǝpʎɥ
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
This is a thread to speculate about a Possible 3rd game like Platinum,Emerald and Crystal or maybe a squeal like Black II and White II or will we not see a another game post your thoughts and opinions.
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
It's still pretty early to be discussing the follow up to X and Y, but why not? It's likely going to happen anyway.

While I can't say what changes they can make ─ we know next to nothing about X and Y ─ I kind of hope they do another sequel follow up. A third version became sort of traditional since Crystal, and Black 2 and White 2 felt almost refreshing. Rather than a rehash of the previous storyline, we got an entirely new storyline taking place on the same region. I want to see that again.

A third game name would obviously be Pokémon Z, but if they were sequels, then perhaps it could be X² and Y².
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
Like said, Z would obviously be the third game. Personally I would rather Z than X² and Y², because I actually wasn't that blown away by the revamped X and Y (prepares for stones).
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm actually hard pressed on what to think here. Mostly because third games have become traditional (as Shivi already stated), and then we got a nice refreshing change with B2 and W2. I suppose something like that could be done again, but I dunno. I mean, it seems that all the main series games, regardless of whether or not they're sequels or third games, seem to improve upon what the initial games had already (in my opinion, anyways).

That said, it doesn't make too much of a difference to me what direction GF goes with the third games, really.
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Hederbomb

Nature: Bold
Well, We didn't get a Gray or Gray 2 for Kurym (Nobody like kurym at Gamefreak ) But a Z version... No idea but I hope so. Then agian they might just throw us a curveball and do Pokemon A for all we know... Gamefreak is weird like that.

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_CGC View Post
Well, We didn't get a Gray or Gray 2 for Kurym (Nobody like kurym at Gamefreak :( ) But a Z version... No idea but I hope so. Then agian they might just throw us a curveball and do Pokemon A for all we know... Gamefreak is weird like that.
Well, as far as we're all aware, the only "curveball" that GF has thrown at us so far is B2W2, since that was really and truly unexpected because, as you already said, most people were pretty much expecting a Grey version. However, if we were to attempt to predict GF's patterns with third games, then it'd probably either be (version) 2 or just an entire different third game altogether.

That's the two ways that we know of that they release third games in, anyway.

(lol I hope that sentence made sense).
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Meeklish
Sugarbby ::.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Meeklish
Hopefully it'll be a sequel to the X and Y games. But I hope won't be two separate games (X and Y squared).. since Z's pretty much the almost obvious choice for the name of the third game really.

Maybe Gamefreak would mix the previous game versions (both legends can be caught in one game) and the style of B/W2 (Sequel) for Z? Hopefully. x3

Or maybe they won't make a third one and skip to Gen. 7 already.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Forever
let it go

I don't want it to be a sequel like B2/W2 at all. Unova was unique but there's only one real direction X/Y can go, and if they were to skip a third game... the generation wouldn't really seem complete? idk.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:28 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Maybe if there's sequels it'll be W and Z as to be more creative about it than simply adding a number.
Also we don't know the story yet so we can't really say, once we do we can make a better guess. If they're like GSRSDP than third, if like BW then sequels.
Also here's an interesting idea, how about the third game(s) being prequels? It can show us more backstory into the evil group (if there's one) and the region.
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Forever
let it go

prequels would certainly be interesting, i mean z could represent "pre-birth". unless it represents death? because that's the only way to kind of alter dna. hmmm prequel could be likely actually!!
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dunno if we should be expecting the same old third game anymore. I wouldnt put it past Game Freak to take it in a different direction. I would like to see sequels again, but have them be improved from what BW2 were, as those to me seemed kinda forced as sequels. If they are going to do that again, I want them to do it right. The plot in BW2 was lacking from what BW was, and Id like to see them continue the plot with the same quality as the previous games. I liked BW2, but I feel like it couldve been better.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Personally, if they close the story this time, I don't think we'll see a third or sequel. We'll get Gen 6 Main, couple years later 4 or 5 spinoffs. Then get hopefully a new Home Console (though gen 6 kinda defeats the point for a home console game), then 3 or 4 after move into Gen 7 and continue onward like that.

If we knew a little about the story it probably be easier to see if we'd get a third or sequel, but if X and Y pull a G/S on us I don't see a point in a third. If it closes the story then there isn't much chance for a sequel.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Community Supporter

Eh,they could always pull a crystal on us even if it ends like GS...the only reason would be to add a few things here, and change the story a bit...personally I'm hoping it's more like Emerald and Platinum, they're my favorite third versions and think that the originals should've been that way to begin with.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I don't want it to be a sequel like B2/W2 at all. Unova was unique but there's only one real direction X/Y can go, and if they were to skip a third game... the generation wouldn't really seem complete? idk.
I'm not sure how one could say that when we don't actually know what the storyline for X and Y holds for us. It's very possible that X and Y could go in numerous directions, we just don't know yet.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Also, dont forget they could possibly utilize DLC to add content to X and Y later, perhaps new areas, towns, etc, which would then stretch X and Y's experience. This may lessen the need for a "third game" and allow them to stretch the generation a bit with less main series games. Other than that, I say potential for R/S remakes still exists,but there is no guarantee.
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:36 PM
HyperXhydra

I really don't hope for sequels, the story of BW was way better than B2W2, it feels like they made B2W2 just for the World tournament, I wouldn't mind a 3rd version, Pokemon Z would be cool.

Actually here's what I think will happen:
late 2013 Pokemon X and Y
late 2014 Pokemon Emerald remake
2015 Pokemon Z or sequels.

Or they would made RS remakes after XY and that's it.

Last edited by HyperXhydra; March 27th, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz
No one can understand, the pain that's inside

calm down guys, we dont even know the pokedex yet!
a pre-quels would be unlikely, but as others said, they could throw us a "curveball".
i would love the idea of a prequel.
now, i knew it has been said before and most likely wont be the third game, but a 3rd game from the POV of the evil organization....this could be nice.
i know there is a hack of FireRed with a you being a rocket grunt and being able to steal other people's pokemon.

It's super-effective!
Paired to peopleZ
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Community Supporter

That would be interesting...though I doubt it...it's as likely as them allowing us to join the evil group in these games, not very.
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I think it would be interesting if they made Hoenn remakes but as sequels rather than just sprucing up the region. With new protaganists and rivals.

Of course Team Magma and Aqua should return (and maybe a new team related to Rayquaza) but they should have new goals this time around.
Old April 6th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I think it would be interesting if they made Hoenn remakes but as sequels rather than just sprucing up the region. With new protaganists and rivals.

Of course Team Magma and Aqua should return (and maybe a new team related to Rayquaza) but they should have new goals this time around.
This won't happen. The Magma/Aqua story reached a full circle with Emerald. The teams were disbanded by Maxie and Archie.

I've already posted my views on remakes and why I think HGSS are the last remakes GF will make (ever!), so I don't feel like starting a discussion about it here.

I read something a few days ago that makes me think there will be not a third version, and not sequels, but a second set of paired versions. Because ZW are also chromosomes. How awesome would it be if we had FOUR main legendaries in 6th gen and FOUR main games, each being complementary to each other? This would catch everyone off guard and IMO it would be absolutely fantastic.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Forever
let it go

Anyone else wonder when the potential third game will be released? I kind of think gen 6 might be longer than gen 5 and it'd extend longer... and rather be set in around two years, rather than just the usual one. Just a thought I'm getting, given that they're extending this coverage longer than they did with gen 5.
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

It really depends on the story, of which we don't know of yet, though I don't imagine it being too long in any case. Though if the games are coming out this October, I don't imagine the third game coming out for quite sometime afterwards. Using Generation III as an example, Emerald came out around 2 years (in the US) after R/S were released, so I'd imagine it'd fall within a similar timeframe.

Seeing as Platinum fell around within a similar timeframe after D/P were released, I'm pretty confident that if there's ever a third game, that it'd probably be released then.
Old April 21st, 2013, 09:26 PM
Naikado

Nature: Adamant
I really liked Black 2. It was really expansive and gave me more incentive to buy it, since it was such a different game than what the 3rd-versions usually are. I'd like something like that again, but I wouldn't mind having it in a 3rd game. Something really expansive, instead of a few small additions and a story alteration. Granted, I never played Platinum (so expensive, yeesh!) so they might have stepped up their game a bit after Gen III, but my memories of Emerald are that it was primarily almost gimmicky, with only a few advantages and little incentive to buy Emerald as well as Sapphire/Ruby. Granted, I did anyway.

If it felt more like a separate game I'd be all over it.
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Krookodile777
Togepi

I dunno but I'm pretty sure it will be called pokemon Z lol

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here